• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mikor

rezuth said:
Seems really nice, I like it thus far. I'm eager to see in which direction you'll take it and also hope that you'll support other platforms in the future ;) Can't wait for it to be fleshed out.

Rezuth! Thanks!

Next up on the app is a Better Than Wolves guide. I wanted to get that out tonight, but we had to end up holding off on the update until tomorrow.

Venfayth

Tweet by jeb:

jeb said:
Minecraft village teasing teaser:
omKDJ.png

Ithil

What sort of NPCs can we expect for these villages?

I hope it isn't other humans. Unless it's mutiplayer I much prefer the solidarity Minecraft normally has.

Ithil said:

I hope it isn't other humans. Unless it's mutiplayer I much prefer the solidarity Minecraft normally has.

Well it's humans or endermen. I prefer humans.

Ithil said:

Villages will be completely unpopulated and built only by Herobrine.

bengraven

jakershaker said:
+sales from the furries community. Notch is smart.

In seriousness, when the API is released there will be sex mods and there will be furry mods, so...I can promise you it will happen.

Ark

What do people thing about leaving flying on? Nobody has complained about it been turned on as of yet and whenever I suggest turning it off people go nuts :lol :p

Ark said:
What do people thing about leaving flying on? Nobody has complained about it been turned on as of yet and whenever I suggest turning it off people go nuts :lol :p

I don't even know how to fly, what's the command?

Also, I was setting up a server for a few of my friends, what bukkit plugins do we use on NeoCraft? I tried looking on the bukkit website, but there are freaking thousands of plugins and seemingly no sensible way to sort through them.

Ark

We use WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Essentials, Permissions, Lockette, Scheduled Announcer, Heroic Death and a couple of others that escape me right now.

Jhriad

Any chance I could be made a citizen or whatever the builder rank is? I'm sure there are quite a few folks still in this thread who could vouch for me if need be.

Ocho

Houston3000 said:
Well, if anyone buys the game and has an extra code I'd definitely perform favors for that person in exchange for said code... if you know what I mean ;)

Same here. I can paypal half of the regular price for said code. :)

Edit: nvm, a friend also wants it.

Ark said:

I really enjoy that flying is on, my favorite element of MC is being creative with my builds and flying takes away certain frustrations.

Mikor

Jhriad said:
Any chance I could be made a citizen or whatever the builder rank is? I'm sure there are quite a few folks still in this thread who could vouch for me if need be.

May not mean much coming from a Junior, but I personally can vouch for Jhriad. He was one of the most dedicated and helpful players we had, when we still had Civil Wars open.

Ark said:

I say keep it on until the update hits, be way too easy to fly around and discover the new stuff. Map will probably already dramatically increase in size as people venture out to find villages, strongholds and, other things. Having flying would make it too easy and just make the map grow even quicker.

Cronee

Hey Ark, how often does the interactive map get updated? I'm a little anxious to have a bird's eye view of how my little village(s) have grown

Hey, if anyone is interested in jumping in on this "wedding" two-for-one deal send me a PM. I'll buy, you just paypal me half the price. In fact, I already bought it and have an extra code to send!

Sold! Thanks Andvary

Houston3000 said:
Hey, if anyone is interested in jumping in on this "wedding" two-for-one deal send me a PM. I'll buy, you just paypal me half the price, I already have an extra code to send!

dang it shouldn't of spent all my money

Mikor

Hey GAF,

Just a heads up, we released our first feature update for the Minecraft Pocket Companion for Android (and made a change to our versioning, its easier for us :p ), adding support for Better Than Wolves data.

As always, community feedback and comments are encouraged - we're listening for your suggestions to make this better.

As a reminder, please do not download the PRO version that is for sale unless you wish to support us directly - this is a FREE app.

I kind of wish there was a Minutor equivalent for the server, if only so I could know where to dig to get to the massive cave complex underneath Castle Hightower. :(

Ark are you secretly going into my castle in the dead of night and replacing all my sand for soil and then destroying two of my doors? Just say something or leave a sign if you're going to do that. I keep thinking a griefer is doing this.

Misanthropy said:
Ark are you secretly going into my castle in the dead of night and replacing all my sand for soil and then destroying two of my doors? Just say something or leave a sign if you're going to do that. I keep thinking a griefer is doing this.

Impossible, for it is never night when Ark is online.

Any tips for finding your house when you lose it? I built a tower on top but maybe not as high as I should of... I went into a cave I found and when I got out I must of gotten turned around and went to the wrong ocean, I tried to follow the shoreline but no luck.

I have a bed there so my spawn is set (plus it's at the world spawn anyways) but I'm not sure how to respawn without dying first. My terrible plan right now is to build a chest to hold all my items I'm carrying and put it at the base of an extremely tall stack of blocks. I'd kill myself from jumping off the blocks, respawn, and then just look for the tower on the horizon so I can recover my loot.

:(

Toppot

Houston3000 said:
Any tips for finding your house when you lose it? I built a tower on top but maybe not as high as I should of... I went into a cave I found and when I got out I must of gotten turned around and went to the wrong ocean, I tried to follow the shoreline but no luck.

I have a bed there so my spawn is set (plus it's at the world spawn anyways) but I'm not sure how to respawn without dying first. My terrible plan right now is to build a chest to hold all my items I'm carrying and put it at the base of an extremely tall stack of blocks. I'd kill myself from jumping off the blocks, respawn, and then just look for the tower on the horizon so I can recover my loot.

:(

If its at the world spawn just type /spawn into the text chat and you will warp to the world spawn.

Ark

Misanthropy said:

It's not me..

dngrfld

Neo Member
I'm totally in for this two for one deal. I think it's about time I jumped into minecraft.

I'm more than willing to paypal someone half the money, if anyone's interested PM me!

Borman

Inferno313 said:
Tell it to me straight Minecraft-GAF. Am I being a baby or is r/minecraft being dicks towards me?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/jhrb9/i_bought_minecraft_4_days_before_the_wedding/

Youre in the wrong. You bought the game without any freebie, and there is no company policy giving you a price match guarantee or anything like that. It sucks, but considering some large corporate companies have issues doing it, its no surprise. That's not to say that you might not hit it lucky and have someone gift you one, but where does it stop? 7 days? 14 days? If the game was selling 5000 copies a day, (I dont know what it was at prior to the sale, but I doubt it was 18k that it is now), they would have to give out 70,000 free copies of the game.

Top Bottom