• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

Ark said:
What do people thing about leaving flying on? Nobody has complained about it been turned on as of yet and whenever I suggest turning it off people go nuts :lol :p

Honestly, it doesn't hurt anything, it's not an unfair advantage because we're a no pvp server, and the best part...?

It helps building massive, server-defining structures.

How am I just noticing the giant Optimus Prime?!

Ark

Inferno313 said:
Tell it to me straight Minecraft-GAF. Am I being a baby or is r/minecraft being dicks towards me?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/jhrb9/i_bought_minecraft_4_days_before_the_wedding/

No, you're being a baby.

You bought MC 4 days before the wedding deal. So what? That's your decision not to wait until the weekend. If you go to a supermarket and buy a can of beer for xx price and a week later the price is slashed by 50%, you aren't entitled to anything on the can of beer you bought the week before.

If you really want to play MC with your girlfriend then buy another copy. It's hardly like you'd be spending $60 on a console game, and your further supporting a great indie developer.

Ark

Maddness said:
Could someone link me to the auto installer for flight?

Zombes Mod Pack. Google it and find the MC forums page, everything you need is on there :)

Just to let everyone know, the map has been updated.

Please don't build anything on those giant 'tails' of land, because it'll more than likely be deleted ;)

bengraven

Ark said:
No, you're being a baby.

You bought MC 4 days before the wedding deal. So what? That's your decision not to wait until the weekend. If you go to a supermarket and buy a can of beer for xx price and a week later the price is slashed by 50%, you aren't entitled to anything on the can of beer you bought the week before.

If you really want to play MC with your girlfriend then buy another copy. It's hardly like you'd be spending $60 on a console game, and your further supporting a great indie developer.

A little harsh, but yeah, it was the luck of the draw. You bought it a few days before an unannounced bonus...it happens all the time, especially in digital sales which have the unfortunate clause that prevents refunds or price fixes.

Ark

bengraven said:
A little harsh, but yeah, it was the luck of the draw. You bought it a few days before an unannounced bonus...it happens all the time, especially in digital sales which have the unfortunate clause that prevents refunds or price fixes.

I guess it was a little harsh, apologies :p

In other news, I know what I'm going to build! Buuut it's a secret ;)

Timan

Developer
Ark we just had some player named Master2k27 come on and cause trouble, so just wanted to give you the heads up. Is certain its from gaf :(

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Oh well. I know I have a friend that's been meaning to buy it soon. Maybe I'll see if I can give him $10 for his gift code. Haha. :p

Ark

Timan said:
Ark we just had some player named Master2k27 come on and cause trouble, so just wanted to give you the heads up. Is certain its from gaf :(

What sort of trouble?

I've had a couple of GAF members give me grief on the server, quite surprising tbh.

Maddness said:
C'mon Ark, I told you that you didn't have to build a statue of me... *blush*

Haha ;)

Ranger X

Ark said:
What sort of trouble?

I've had a couple of GAF members give me grief on the server, quite surprising tbh.

Haha ;)

This comments sounds like you thought a GAF member would be more trustable... Anybody can be a GAF member therefore griefers and assholes can be.

Ark

Ranger X said:
This comments sounds like you thought a GAF member would be more trustable... Anybody can be a GAF member therefore griefers and assholes can be.

I know I know, but the vast majority of people that use NeoCraft are nice, cool people.

Ark

Ok I take it back. I have no idea what I'm going to build.

Had the fancy idea I was going to build a star destroyer, but then I realised how large it would be, and how long it would take.

Ranger X

When I don't know what to build, I spelunk endlessly in huge fucking caves. I dunno, I never get tired.

I got one near and under Arkyoto (all prolly reaching the undergrounds under Al-Medina), people were flying yesterday and then someone goes like "OMG this caves is fucking huge" or something. Then they go "Oh, it was Wyzdom's mine". lol

Orlandu84

Ranger X said:
When I don't know what to build, I spelunk endlessly in huge fucking caves. I dunno, I never get tired.

I got one near and under Arkyoto (all prolly reaching the undergrounds under Al-Medina), people were flying yesterday and then someone goes like "OMG this caves is fucking huge" or something. Then they go "Oh, it was Wyzdom's mine". lol
Oddly enough, I do about the same thing in minecraft - mine! Whenever I feel like just zoning out, I will go to my mine and start expanding my tunnels. Since this is my first mutliplayer server, I found that this might get slightly complicated since other people are also mining. Nonetheless, I find mining to be really relaxing.

EVIL

this is still bugging me .. to whomever owns the house on the mountain near castleton. Please disable your trap door into a pit of lava. Exploring other peoples homes should not be discouraged. I already lost one set of diamond armor + tools, and i'd hate for others to fall for the same trap.

EVIL said:
this is still bugging me .. to whomever owns the house on the mountain near castleton. Please disable your trap door into a pit of lava. Exploring other peoples homes should not be discouraged. I already lost one set of diamond armor + tools, and i'd hate for others to fall for the same trap.

Okay, yeah, that's a dick move. Especially since we now have door locks.

EVIL said:

It's a nice house, too. Somebody already nerfed the trap.

bengraven

Ark said:
I don't know why o_o

<3

ha, don't love me yet, I can't get the Paypal server to work with me. Love me in like 5-10 minutes. hahaha

NihonTiger90 said:
Okay, yeah, that's a dick move. Especially since we now have door locks.

We have door locks now!?

T1eed.jpg

Petrie

Banned
So, even though from the trial I found nothing to do except kill pigs and cows, I of course got Minecraft. Anyone who can perhaps give me more insight on how to have fun with this game? lol

bengraven

Petrie said:
So, even though from the trial I found nothing to do except kill pigs and cows, I of course got Minecraft. Anyone who can perhaps give me more insight on how to have fun with this game? lol

Go out at night if you want to find things to kill. >:)

But in seriousness, what do you want? Do you want to build things or kill things or explore or a mixture of all that? Find a mine, explore it, throw down some torches and seek out skeletons and spiders and zombies and creepers.

Ark

This time last week, people were queueing to get into the server. And now we have all of five people online :lol

Petrie

Banned
bengraven said:
Go out at night if you want to find things to kill. >:)

But in seriousness, what do you want? Do you want to build things or kill things or explore or a mixture of all that? Find a mine, explore it, throw down some torches and seek out skeletons and spiders and zombies and creepers.

This part sounds fun. The building, not so much. I dunno what I'm looking for, just to see why this game has so many fans I guess.

mcrae

Petrie said:
This part sounds fun. The building, not so much. I dunno what I'm looking for, just to see why this game has so many fans I guess.

its cause of the building. people like to be able to create, let their imaginations wander. i'm of the opinion that its a very small minority of people that play just to kill the monsters, cause that facet isnt very developed at all. a slightly larger group might just play to explore, but still not much, imo of course.

mcrae

Cronee said:
Thanks. (I already knew where it was on the map ;b) I've been checking the map quite often. I'm just curious if there's some sort of set time the map is updated of if its whenever the server owner feels like it.

normally its ark's helper, toki (i think) that takes care of the map, and ya he does it whenever he has spare time

Petrie

Banned
mcrae said:
its cause of the building. people like to be able to create, let their imaginations wander. i'm of the opinion that its a very small minority of people that play just to kill the monsters, cause that facet isnt very developed at all. a slightly larger group might just play to explore, but still not much, imo of course.

Well, I guess I'll just be happy I donated to an ambitious project I guess.

Toppot said:
If its at the world spawn just type /spawn into the text chat and you will warp to the world spawn.
Wow... that simple, huh?

I ended up dying underground and losing the items I was carrying but it wasn't too much of a pain since I had so much raw materials still stored in my house - was able to get back on my feet pretty easily.

I have a 10/1 cable connection at home that's pretty solid, how many people can I expect to reliably host at once? With the deal this weekend, a few friends and myself have purchased it and I want to run a server to play around in. If I decide to purchase hosting, who is the best hosting for minecraft servers?

Takuya

Banned
blurredvision said:
I have a 10/1 cable connection at home that's pretty solid, how many people can I expect to reliably host at once? With the deal this weekend, a few friends and myself have purchased it and I want to run a server to play around in. If I decide to purchase hosting, who is the best hosting for minecraft servers?
The # of people is the least of your problems when trying to host a minecraft server.

Takuya said:
The # of people is the least of your problems when trying to host a minecraft server.

Well I'm not worried about anything but the pipe into my computer.

EDIT: Just found the hosting forum at the minecraft forums, that should do me fine once I can go through all the info.

Toki1776

mcrae said:
normally its ark's helper, toki (i think) that takes care of the map, and ya he does it whenever he has spare time
Yeah, I've been a bit busy lately, haven't been able to update the map as often as I used to.
Also, because of the size of it, until I render a new one at a slightly lower resolution, I had to remove the night map to have enough space on my dropbox for it. Sorry about that!

HenryHSH

bengraven said:
Honestly, it doesn't hurt anything, it's not an unfair advantage because we're a no pvp server, and the best part...?

It helps building massive, server-defining structures.

How am I just noticing the giant Optimus Prime?!

If we collect server stats, I'd probably have the highest number of deaths from falls. :(

Top Bottom