• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Lol, sorry guys. I accidentally left my game on all day. Like, 15 hours... I was out of the house. So, if you were trying to talk to me, I was gone. I'm such an idiot.

Also, for some reason, your cage didn't work. Now, I'm just flying around without warps, lol

r1chard

HadesGigas said:
It's Xperia Play exclusive for the time being. I think in like a month or so it comes to "other devices".
The "*Xperia PLAY optimized*" on the market page didn't really convey the actual level of exclusivity :)

Jasoco

Banned
Okay, so I'm currently using SimpleServer as a wrapper and after a bit of screwing around I got it working fine.

But how do I do the following:

Disable Creeper damage
Flight
Set Warps as well as Homes

Like NeoCraft does. What mods do we use here?

Are you using Bukkit? If so, first install World Edit and World Guard, this will give you a bunch of tools for terraforming quickly as well as let you set up protection against creepers, fire spreading, etc.

Lockette is what we use on NeoCraft to lock doors and chests.

Essentials will give you a bunch of commands, including setting warps.

HeroicDeath will display humorous messages when a player dies.

I believe the NeoCraft flying is client side with Zombes mod pack, but on my friends server I use the 'I Believe I Can Fly' pluggin for Bukkit.

Jasoco

Banned
I have no idea how to do all that stuff. It took me forever to get SimpleServer running. How do you install these things and do they work with SimpleServer?

Jasoco said:
I have no idea how to do all that stuff. It took me forever to get SimpleServer running. How do you install these things and do they work with SimpleServer?

I have no idea what SimpleServer is.

I just downloaded Bukkit and use that as my server (is that a wrapper?) and then grabbed those plugins I mentioned from the Bukkit website, dumped them in the server's plugins folder and it was good to go.

http://bukkit.org/

seb

Banned
r1chard said:
The "*Xperia PLAY optimized*" on the market page didn't really convey the actual level of exclusivity :)

There's a demo too. Could someone with a xplay extract the APK for us ?

Ark

vas_a_morir said:
Lol, sorry guys. I accidentally left my game on all day. Like, 15 hours... I was out of the house. So, if you were trying to talk to me, I was gone. I'm such an idiot.

Also, for some reason, your cage didn't work. Now, I'm just flying around without warps, lol

You should have warps back o_o I gave them back to you.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
3 Things:

1. What can I build without anyone wanting to rip my head off and place it on a stake?
  2. Where is the community chest?
  3. Where can I get building materials or is it cool if I find some random patch of land and start mining?

Plywood said:
3 Things:

1. What can I build without anyone wanting to rip my head off and place it on a stake?
  2. Where is the community chest?
  3. Where can I get building materials or is it cool if I find some random patch of land and start mining?

1. Build whatever you want outside of the community projects (Al-Medina, Arkyoto, Bootybay, Castleton, etc) where you have to stick to the style guidelines for that project.

2. In the downstairs of the wooden building directly in front of /spawn

3. Just find some untouched land and start mining.

Jhriad

Plywood said:
[*]Where can I get building materials or is it cool if I find some random patch of land and start mining?
[/LIST]

I sure hope no one has an issue with me finding a random patch of land and mining since that's what I've done. Though my random patch is REALLY out of the way.

Jasoco

Banned
Bootaaay said:
I have no idea what SimpleServer is.

I just downloaded Bukkit and use that as my server (is that a wrapper?) and then grabbed those plugins I mentioned from the Bukkit website, dumped them in the server's plugins folder and it was good to go.

http://bukkit.org/
I think Bukkit is a mod and Simpleserver is wrapper.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
nismogrendel said:
I made some progress on my world today. I finished my gate with sticky pistons. It took me a bit to figure out the wiring, I'm real happy with it now.

I took a video of the gate (real short):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sGKRlcm3Sw

And a vid of the moat that works with this gate (vid description has notes on what is what):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX-WbDBL7Hk

Still a work in progress, I've been playing this map for a few releases now.
What textures are you using?

So is anyone else who had the free till the 14th able to play still? I was able to enjoy the game last night and I hope it will be the same tonight. Is it that I was able to get the client but I won't get the 1.8 update until its paid for?

TheBez

nismogrendel said:
I made some progress on my world today. I finished my gate with sticky pistons. It took me a bit to figure out the wiring, I'm real happy with it now.

And a vid of the moat that works with this gate (vid description has notes on what is what):

What texture pack do you use? It looks really nice. Oh and the buildings are cool too I guess :p

Orlandu84

nismogrendel said:

Nice gate! I know that I have seen that texture pack before, but I cannot recall its name. In fact, I know that I have used that pack before! This will bother me all day till I remember or am told which pack it is.

Xun said:
My next project:

(click for bigger)

I made the WDW castle on Timan's server (if anyone remembers it), but I want to better myself with this larger castle on NeoCraft.

If anyone is willing to donate any wool/gold I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm only waiting for 1.8 for the stone brick addition to the game (which I'm hoping will be relatively easy to create).

Amazing, I always wanted to made disneyland (a realistic one) on my server, too bad we dont play much anymore, although maybe we start again with the next update.

Orlandu84 said:
Nice gate! I know that I have seen that texture pack before, but I cannot recall its name. In fact, I know that I have used that pack before! This will bother me all day till I remember or am told which pack it is.

TheBez said:
What texture pack do you use? It looks really nice. Oh and the buildings are cool too I guess :p

Plywood said:
What textures are you using?

It is some flavor of Doku. Here is a link to it:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/412206-32x-17-gerudokurik/

I grabbed a more lantern looking glowstone block from another pack and pasted it in. I didn't like the default one at all.

Thanks for taking a look at my vid :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
nismogrendel said:
It is some flavor of Doku. Here is a link to it:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...7-gerudokurik/

I grabbed a more lantern looking glowstone block from another pack and pasted it in. I didn't like the default one at all.
Thank you. I was checking out texture packs myself and I've come to like Softy.

I also saw this which looks amazing, but I can't even run the texture pack because the game runs out of memory before it starts.

Plywood said:
Thank you. I was checking out texture packs myself and I've come to like Softy.

I also saw this which looks amazing, but I can't even run the texture pack because the game runs out of memory before it starts.

Oh wow @ CinemaCraft, that's possibly the best realistic texture pack I've seen yet (not usually a fan of the realistic look).

My favourite so far is the 128x Spahx PureBD Craft; http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/sphax-purebdcraft-46664/

DiabolicalBagel said:
But trust me, you're not. I saw the name and I am very familiar with him and his work. If he has access to the server then it's him that's causing the damage.
That's like... his 7th time across 4 servers. I laughed when he posted in the thread with his "oh, this griefing is behind me, I was a troubled person in mah past blah blah" and was actually allowed back into any GAF server.
I was on at the times he griefed both Spot's and Exano's servers and I doubt he'll ever stop griefing. Once a cunt, always a cunt.
Excuse me but that is bang out of order. Calling someone a cunt when you clearly have no idea what has happened really gets under my skin.

Ark and a select few (I'm not going to name names) were among those responisble for trolling Misa (because of his piggish comments/attitude towards another member the server the previous night). I had NOTHING to do with it.

I was responsible for one act of griefing on Exano's server months ago and now I'm some kind of Dr Doom of griefing. "Troubled person" what the hell I never said any such thing, don't be a dick and get your facts straight before wading into an argument, the context of which you are utterly clueless.

I've been building and getting to know people on the server for almost a month now, without issue, so you can take your vendetta and shove it.

bengraven

Mis is explaining it to us now.

I have just one more question.

Are we gonna settle this like gentlemen or are we gonna get into some gangsta shit?

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Excuse me but that is bang out of order. Calling someone a cunt when you clearly have no idea what has happened really gets under my skin.
Yeah, and having shit I and the people I played with put effort into being ruined multiple times gets under mine.
Like I said, once I can forgive but more than that and I've lost all faith I could ever have in you.
bengraven said:
Are we gonna settle this like gentlemen or are we gonna get into some gangsta shit?
Gangsta, it's the only way.

Bagel looks like we're going to have to settle this beef with a spot of spleef...

WnHfb.jpg

Drazgul

New version of AMCO (think YogBox on steroids) is out:

836695a52cd0e85b4090621b1f4bddb97de161d23f65d12ac8344438a87a9b896g.jpg

Here for more info & download link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/293667-173-amco-arrrgs-minecraft-overhaul/

What is it: Dozens of the best mods out there, all tested and working together in one download (on Arrrg's system at least).

What's in it:
Higher resolution graphics, new art, new minerals, new tools, better landscapes (including underwater), new plants, more arrows, lots of bug fixes, and tons more. See the "Credits and Content" links below.

It has over 70 mods in all, so for some it runs great... others, not so much. Still worth a look if you're interested in mods but can't be bothered to deal with the hassle of getting multiple mods working together. Do make a backup (or just rename your normal .minecraft folder temporarily) in case you don't like it / it doesn't work well for you.

bengraven

Meanwhile, as people were arguing, I was kiting these guys to Castleton for some R&R...one got upset and ruined the whole vacation for everyone else.

dYs8v.jpg

bengraven said:
Please tell me this is on our server. :(
Just an image from google search.

And I guess I really should apologize for calling you a cunt, Lazlo. Wasn't you this time.
I just hold grudges, is all. Especially after my place gets wrecked three times.
I see your name and 'griefing', and I just remember my quaint little... piles of ashes.

I'll go remove my earlier post so others don't jump in and perpetuate this. Unless you want me to keep it so everyone knows I'm an ass.

I don't mind dude - I had it coming I suppose - I'd just be happy for it to all be water under the bridge. We're here for the community, not to make enemies, after all.

Mikor

So, some updates from us relating to Minecraft!

Firstly, Exano has reopened the Civil Wars server - now that Spout is available, we can run this the way we needed to from the start. I encourage anyone who wishes to join us to visit our wiki @

ccrthelp.com/civilwars

or pop in and say hello. Some of the old CW crew is back and we've brought a couple of the guys on board as staff - any of you old Civil Wars vets interested in coming by in a more administrative role are welcome. We've loosened up a lot on our restrictions to staff, and you will be able to build and participate as normal - abuse of power will simply mean a rollback on your player and removal of admin rights.

Secondly, our app, somehow, doubled its download count overnight. If any of you GAFfers are partially responsible - you have our personal thanks. Exano and I are going through a bit of a mini life-crisis right now, so to wake up this morning to seeing that put a huge smile on our face.

As always, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions they'd like to provide about the app or the server, let us know.

EDIT: Should probably note that the server address is behind the link, to avoid all of this confusion with quoting posts and all of that. Do note that this is not a GAF exclusive server, and randoms might join - but we moderate pretty heavily and ban without warning upon rules violations, so you should have a relatively peaceful and grief-free gameplay experience (as best as we can have, that is).

Top Bottom