• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

BaDJuJu said:
REFUND! REFUND!!! Ark you had better get some free shit! Tell them you want a disco ball and stripper pole added to our server, and maybe some actual strippers, with big block tits. Yeah, you know you likes!

Ark could never go to a strip club around here, because he's a minor.

;)

Don't you miss me Ark? Let's get the server back up.

Grinchy

Banned
Toppot said:
If you don't like warping, flying etc then Ark can disable them for you personally I think. Then you won't have the temptation to use them.
Oh, no I don't want to put the impression out there that I wouldn't want these things on the server. I am just comparing vanilla Minecraft vs online Minecraft+mods in a general sense. The tension goes away.

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
Ark said:
QWrWi.png

Slopes are the bane of the devil! :p

Reported, Racism Will not be tolerated.

Continuing my SSP world...

Built a secondary small castle next to my current one I'm deeming the "Living Quarters":

I made it a little more elaborate than the other castle.

Here's an updated view of the entire Castle side facilities across the shore from my home:

The Living Quarters is the slightly more elaborate building in the back left, I haven't done the landscaping around it yet, mostly just sand out in front now since it's so close to the shore. Also see the small Sugar Cane farm I built.

Roche

Hope the server is up before 1.8 the downtime hasn't bothered me because I was kind of burned out on MC but I'm super hyped for 1.8.

Also Ark you should push for some compensation, if you pester them enough you're bound to get at least a month or two free service.

Ranger X

Woorloog said:
Server's working now right? Because i managed to connect to t.

Sometimes it's possible to connect to it but you can't do jack in the game. I was popping blocks earlier this week and they'd always reappear.

Ark

LDN31 - Drive Replacement
Aug 25 2011 09:52:09 by Deehem
We will shortly be performing maintenance on the machine LDN31. This is to replace the SSD in this machine. The outage window can be found below:

-----------------------------------------------------
Start: Thursday 25th August 2011 @ 09:00am BST (GMT +1)
End : Thursday 25th August 2011 @ 11:00am BST (GMT +1)
-----------------------------------------------------

During the above period, all services on the machine LDN31 will be temporarily turned off. We ask that customers do not attempt to start their servers during this period as this may have adverse effects on services.

Update: We have taken a backup of the data and the machine has been shutdown so we can replace the drive.

It should be working in that case.

IT WORKS!

Server is back up and running fine again :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ark said:
It should be working in that case.

IT WORKS!

Yaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just in time for me to go to work! And I have dinner plans tonight! I may have to cancel my dinner plans to play Minecraft instead....

And yeah, I'm being serious!

Venfayth

So I think Notch said he'd tweak 1.8 based on feedback from PAX and then release it, right?

Maybe ... maybe we see it in the next few weeks then?

Pllllleeeeeeeeez?

PuppyDogEyes.jpg

EVIL

yeeaaahhhhhsssss finally minecraft on my mobiillleee
*hugs hugs xperia play*
it's a nice version of the game

I are liz and I approve of this app

*approval stamp*

Orlandu84

Ark said:
IT WORKS!

Second best news of the morning for me! [The best being that an old friend of mine just received a major job promotion.] Well, there goes my afternoon right out the window ;) Hello, minecraft multiplayer!

Toki1776

Woorloog said:
Night version of the map refuses to work for me :/
The night version isn't up, I didn't have enough space on my dropbox when I did the last render. I will do a new one this evening, now that the server is back up. I also intend to trim the map this weekend, if I get the time.

Mikor

Toki1776 said:
The night version isn't up, I didn't have enough space on my dropbox when I did the last render. I will do a new one this evening, now that the server is back up. I also intend to trim the map this weekend, if I get the time.

Any particular reason why you guys don't set up Dynmap? As I understand it, Neocraft is a Creative server and so there's no real reason to hide the positions of any of the players. Dynmap also has its own self contained webhost, so there's very little configuration required.

ccrthelp.com/civilwars

An example of Dynmap in action in our WIP server, if you've never seen it before. Would save you much time and effort, Toki.

Ark

Mikor said:
Any particular reason why you guys don't set up Dynmap? As I understand it, Neocraft is a Creative server and so there's no real reason to hide the positions of any of the players. Dynmap also has its own self contained webhost, so there's very little configuration required.

ccrthelp.com/civilwars

An example of Dynmap in action in our WIP server, if you've never seen it before. Would save you much time and effort, Toki.

NeoCraft is survival, not creative. Also I'm fairly certain you can't use Dynmap with Multiplay, which kinda sucks.

Mikor

Ark said:
NeoCraft is survival, not creative. Also I'm fairly certain you can't use Dynmap with Multiplay, which kinda sucks.

Ok, no problem. Dynmap allows you to hard-shut off player positions and chats, leaving only a world map.

Multiplay doesn't allow you to SFTP into your server? I find that really hard to believe, how else are you supposed to manage your own code?

EDIT: Looking on Multiplay's page advertising their Minecraft servers, they give you full FTP access. Dynmap should not be a problem. If you need assistance getting it set up and configured, let me know and I have no problem lending a hand to you, Ark.

Mikor

Ark said:
FTP was only enabled about a month or two ago.

I'll look into Dynmap later on this weekend though ^^

Great! I really think it'll save you a lot of time and effort in the long run, and your players get more of a sense of instant gratification as opposed to having to wait for a render that is potentially obsolete within minutes.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ark said:
FTP was only enabled about a month or two ago.

I'll look into Dynmap later on this weekend though ^^

I use to use it on my/my coworker's server. It worked fine until 1.3? Broke after that and at the time the modder was not updating it I believe. So it did work in the past.

mitheor

Noob question; first time in multiplayer.

I´ve logged in but i can´t mine anything.

Do i have to tell someone to give me that "power"? :$

Toppot

mitheor said:
Noob question; first time in multiplayer.

I´ve logged in but i can´t mine anything.

Do i have to tell someone to give me that "power"? :$

If you ask Ark nicely he might make you a citizen and then you can mine and place blocks ;)

celebi23

So glad the server is working again. I can now continue working on the Library (feel free to stop by & look at my progress, just use: /warp Library).

Wonto139

Neo Member
bengraven said:
No 1.8 news until tomorrow afternoon? :/

Unfortunately....

Quite curious on how notch has decided to implement npc villages and dungeons...

I also wonder if he's adding a "vine" block, as depicted in one of the previously leaked/released screencaps....

When I install a major content mod how stuck am I with that mod? Can I enable/disable the mod at will? Would I be limited with what servers I can join in MP?

For example, if I installed Mo'Creatures or The Aether mod... or both, and then loaded my single player world and played around with them but then later decided I didn't want them anymore. If I disabled/uninstalled them would my map no longer work or would everything added from that mod just disappear? Also would I be able to join the GAF server? Is all that server-side with multiplayer?

Ark

Wonto139 said:
I also wonder if he's adding a "vine" block, as depicted in one of the previously leaked/released screencaps....

Oh god this would be perfect.

e118H.jpg

It would appear someone decided to grief my house. Lol.

Vlad

Houston3000 said:
When I install a major content mod how stuck am I with that mod? Can I enable/disable the mod at will? Would I be limited with what servers I can join in MP?

For example, if I installed Mo'Creatures or The Aether mod... or both, and then loaded my single player world and played around with them but then later decided I didn't want them anymore. If I disabled/uninstalled them would my map no longer work or would everything added from that mod just disappear? Also would I be able to join the GAF server? Is all that server-side with multiplayer?

From what I've experienced, a lot of it depends on the mod. Most of the time, stuff that doesn't create mod-specific blocks should be a lot less invasive, but keep in mind that storing mod-specific items (like drops from Mo Creatures) in chests might crash your game.

Personally, if I'm playing around with mods in an existing world that I want to save, I make a copy and then rename it (so "Main World" would become "Main World (BTW+BC)" so I know that I've used Better Than Wolves and Buildcraft on it) so that I don't run the risk of corrupting anything that I want to hold on to.

Top Bottom