• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ark said:
Oh god this would be perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/e118H.jpg[img]

It would appear someone decided to grief my house. Lol.[/QUOTE]
Someone had griefed around Castleton as well. :/

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not only does it take me forever to find diamonds and decent materials in this game, I always end up falling into a pit of lava once I actually gather some nice stuff.

I hate this fucking game.

Toppot

Tomat said:
Not only does it take me forever to find diamonds and decent materials in this game, I always end up falling into a pit of lava once I actually gather some nice stuff.

I hate this fucking game.

Hold shift to crouch a look over ledges, always carry a bucket of water and when you get some good stuff go back to the surface.

Or play on the NeoCraft server and you can warp back to safety quickly =P or even install mods in single player you can save yourself from burning.

Woorloog

Banned
Rabbit Lord said:
Hey anyone on ark's server have stacks of gunpowder they don't want/need for trade?....oh man I need so much tnt.
Check the chest (free stuff) in Al-medina in front of my (T51b) house, next to the awesome duck statue.
I had some... dunno if someone has taken it.

Glasswork said:
Isn't it just lovely ( '٢‎ ' )

geza.jpg
Looks like a Damien Hirst nightmare... 0_0

Ranger X

Rabbit Lord said:
Hey anyone on ark's server have stacks of gunpowder they don't want/need for trade?....oh man I need so much tnt.

I have quite a load. I could gather it and give it to you.
Also, use the mob grinder at spawn to raise some powder.

Mikor

Calm Killer said:
I use to use it on my/my coworker's server. It worked fine until 1.3? Broke after that and at the time the modder was not updating it I believe. So it did work in the past.

If you're referring to Dynmap when talking about what worked fine until 1.3, if you go to the website referenced in my previous posting you can see an example of Dynmap working without any real issues on Bukkit RB #1060.

bengraven

Ranger X said:
I have quite a load. I could gather it and give it to you.
Also, use the mob grinder at spawn to raise some powder.

Yep, just stand under the thing and go read the forums and eventually you can have a lot.

Venfayth

A trick if you only want to gather one type of item from a mob grinder:

Fill up your inventory with stacks of one of whatever you want to collect. All the other items you care not for will fall to the ground.

HOWEVER - it's probably more generous to collect the other items and put them in the appropriate community storehouse (if you guys have one, I'm assuming you do :D)

Holy crap he just showed an ocean... was giant, went on forever :/
Also a randomly generated dungeon - an abandoned mineshaft with little bits of track still there!
EDIT: lighting engine is greatly improved!!

Vlad

Shatner's Bassoon said:
The new lighting system looks beautiful. Also huge ocean with floating island!

Yeah, he wasn't kidding about it updating faster. He was just quickly cycling between day/night/day and the game didn't skip a beat.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
DAMNIT. I'm at work and can't watch the stream. People, post any details or pics you can, lol!!!

Sounds interesting so far from what I've read.

Jasoco

Banned
The stream is crappy. Cell phone? Why isn't someone recording it professionally? Oh well, I'll wait for when all the gaming blogs are updated tonight with all the juicy information. For now I have to go to work.

If you're in luck it will get archived so you can watch later. Meanwhile sprint is in, the bow and eating have some nice new animations.

Is motion blur being added or is it just the crummy video quality?

Xun

Shatner's Bassoon said:
If you're in luck it will get archived so you can watch later. Meanwhile sprint is in, the bow and eating have some nice new animations.

Is motion blur being added or is it just the crummy video quality?
I'm thinking video quality.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Whoa, I just read this on Reddit:

The most impressive thing I've seen so far is the lighting system seems to have been completely redone. Torches in hand now emit light, and there are all kinds of fantastic effects. It's really quite impressive.

If that's true, then he has coded in mobile light sources now, which would be cool as all hell.

Jasoco

Banned
The stream will be archived. But it's the worst quality so it's not even worth it. Someone else there probably has a better camera recording and will put that up on a gaming site by tonight.

Jasoco

Banned
My imagination has been dead for years. I need solid clear pictures to tell me what it looks like. So I'll wait for the inevitable screenshots and videos that will await me after work at 10:30 tonight.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
When was that update supposed to hit? On release day?

Mengy said:
Whoa, I just read this on Reddit:

If that's true, then he has coded in mobile light sources now, which would be cool as all hell.
FWIW, there's a mod out there that adds dynamic lighting, carrying any item that emits light when placed also emits light dynamically when carried - including torches, glow blocks, etc. You can even throw the torches and they light up the area as they travel and land. Burning mobs walking around as well. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/184426-v173-dynamic-lights-in-aether-too/

I didn't see the video are there real dynamic shadows now?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
He took my advice (sure) by changing the bow to a charging weapon! Smart move. Seen at 5:00.

edit: The video quality isn't that bad btw. It's very watchable.

bengraven

Villages are awesome. Hopefully Jens gets his way and you can talk to NPCs. Even if it's just like 500 catchphrases that they randomly say.

Bows look awesome.

Biomes look AWESOME, the game looks SO much more natural now. When he is in that river that rests between a desert and hilly lands looks very savannahish.

Oceans are HUUUUUGE.

Jasoco

Banned
Did they say anything about being able to relocate NPC's? Like if you tear down their house, can you have them move into one you built? Can you even tear down their houses? Will they try to stop you?

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
ZZMitch said:
Is it up now?
Yeah I've been watching it for about 20 minutes now. Its called "LIVE from my Android phone".

I really like the look of the small islands it's generating. Just a small 20 or 40 block across island with one tree. The oceans are vast. Notch also talks about implementing larger vehicles so hopefully I'll get my dream of a proper survival island scenario. You start off on a small island and use the scarce resources you have to eventually build a proper boat and sail away.

bengraven

33:00 - the desert is huge and the river looks awesome right next to the mountains

i seriously might not play MC until the update...it's going to be so different

Top Bottom