• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Glasswork

bengraven said:
TUMBLEWEED!

JuJ7s.jpg
Nah that's just the texture overlapping to make it look like tumbleweed :U
I think it's the fog color too, it looks like the desert is going on forever.

Grinchy

Banned
Toppot said:
th_smiley_embarrassed.png

My bad... they are flat on 'Fast' graphics and default textures (What I play on)

*sheepishly goes to the corner, with head held in shame, hands in pockets and rubbing shoe on the floor*
NEVER COME BACK!

lol I remember when I could finally play the game on fancy and I was amazed by the 3D clouds. They add to the sense of scale for me.

Toppot

Grinchy said:
NEVER COME BACK!

lol I remember when I could finally play the game on fancy and I was amazed by the 3D clouds. They add to the sense of scale for me.

Thing is I can run it fine on Fancy, get 60fps no problem, I just always have it on fast because I don't like the leaves on Fancy and it was the only thing I thought it changed xD Though putting Advanced OpenGL on almost halves it. I shall try Fancy again when 1.8 comes and see if I can get used to it.

Toppot

ChoklitReign said:
What else is different between fast and fancy graphics?
Leaves are improved (see-through)
Clouds are better (higher on fast)
Spawners seem to be more detailed
Sun/moon are slightly altered
Sand and gravel also don't have their smooth falling animations
Water renders a bit different.

According to what I can find on Google

Grinchy

Banned
Toppot said:
Thing is I can run it fine on Fancy, get 60fps no problem, I just always have it on fast because I don't like the leaves on Fancy and it was the only thing I thought it changed xD Though putting Advanced OpenGL on almost halves it. I shall try Fancy again when 1.8 comes and see if I can get used to it.
Yeah, actually I don't really love the transparent leaves either. At least not in the default pack.

Without meaning to rehash the same old; the lack of clarity over what's happening to the server is really killing my play time.

Looking at the votes, a wipe looks like the most likely scenario but without any word on when 1.8 hits, the server is looking increasingly like a mausoleum.

Ranger X

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Without meaning to rehash the same old; the lack of clarity over what's happening to the server is really killing my play time.

Looking at the votes, a wipe looks like the most likely scenario but without any word on when 1.8 hits, the server is looking increasingly like a mausoleum.

Complete wipe is number one. It's the least wanted option.

TOTALS:

(3 votes) 1. Full Restart
(5 votes) 2. Move Spawn on current map
(35 votes) 3. New Map with The Ark

Looks like we are making an Ark so far and bringing our stuff into a new map.

Wonto139

Neo Member
Lazlo Woodbine said:

Yeah, I was on the other day, as a visitor that can't even /rules mind you, and no one that I could see was on.

bengraven

If they're releasing on the 8th, we should really get the ark made soon...before Wednesday.

(and this has nothing to do with me flying out Wednesday night and wanting to make sure I have my stuff on the ark. :( )

Grinchy

Banned
nismogrendel said:
I've been working on my single player world this week. I was trying to get it finished and stockpile some items before 1.8

*pics*
That is just fantastic. Very nice work!

Ranger X

Has it been decided if we use a new Ark or if we use the one in Arkyoto?

Also, can we have a warp into that Ark we will use? tks

ChoklitReign said:
I've got weird graphics glitches today. How do I get rid of them? It's more apparent in motion.

I get those spaces when I'm trying to force AA in my CCC settings. Are you forcing AA thru your video card?

EVIL

Ranger X said:
Has it been decided if we use a new Ark or if we use the one in Arkyoto?

Also, can we have a warp into that Ark we will use? tks
personally, the ark in arkyoto is a bit small, might be better to build a new one, although the deadline is coming ever closer.

edit: checked the ark in arkyoto out and its large enough if it gets modified a bit. the bed floor and seeting floor could be removed. I'l pm ark about it.

Ark

Oh, should have read this before your PM derp.

Feel free to edit the floors on my boat in Arkyoto, I don't mind ^^

I started building an ark, its in the Bay near Arkyoto. Check it out and tell me what you think so far.

I need wool(White) for the Ship, I put a chest near the Arkyoto warp point. thx.

AyHto.png

u3ZGY.png

Grinchy

Banned
Just to recap this point, are we unsure of whether our player inventories will carry over to the new map? If that's the case I will have to put a chest in the ark.

Woorloog

Banned
Mengy said:
LOL, Notch added snouts to pigs today, apparently in a session of programming and drinking:
They didn't have snouts before...? How can i have missed them?
*Shrug*

A few of questions:
1. Has anyone here read Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and seen Mistborn inspired texture pack for Minecraft? Or something similar anyway. Preferrably standard rez.
2. Any science fiction based texture packs? Again standard rez. I dislike HD packs, installing them is annoying, will wait till proper support.
3. Is there a site (that is not MCforum nor wiki) that has list of MC texture packs?
4. Does anyone mind if i'll explore a bit and claim a large (say, Al-Medina sized area+ a bit more around it) somewhere once the server restart is done? I have an city project idea but i want certain order to it (nothing like the current spawn is) so i will have to do some preparations (like marking city boundaries (maybe actual walls?)). Rules will include that everything will be dug from mines around the city probably, minus rare stuff. Don't ask, won't answer, yet.
I wonder why i bother asking the last one, somehow i doubt anyone would have issues with it.

Hmm, city boundaries will require a lot of stuff to mark properly...

Ark

Grinchy said:
Just to recap this point, are we unsure of whether our player inventories will carry over to the new map? If that's the case I will have to put a chest in the ark.

Wait, is the plan to reset the map and bring over the Ark, or to create a spawn in the map and carry over the Ark & wipe the 'old world'? Just want to make sure I know what's going on :p

@Ninefingers: It looks awesome :O Good work :)

Roche

Just noticed an unlikely coincidence about my /home co ordinates, the X and Z values are the same!

creepyyuaq.png

Dunno why but this blew my mind.

Ranger X

niiice Rabbit.

Can someone tell me when it's time to make chests in there? I should log in more in the coming weeks (classes semester just ended) but still, I don't want to "miss the boat".

;)

Adnor

Banned
Ok, I just take a look at Neocraft. Just saw Arkyoto and the spawn point.
It looks amazing, and the people was awesome, I think I'm going to take a look at Al-Medina and Booty Bay tomorrow, and join the new world :)

Ranger X

Adnor said:
Ok, I just take a look at Neocraft. Just saw Arkyoto and the spawn point.
It looks amazing, and the people was awesome, I think I'm going to take a look at Al-Medina and Booty Bay tomorrow, and join the new world :)

In all honestly, Neocraft has been some of best online community I've encountered so far.

celebi23

Rabbit Lord said:
I started building an ark, its in the Bay near Arkyoto. Check it out and tell me what you think so far.

I need wool(White) for the Ship, I put a chest near the Arkyoto warp point. thx.

AyHto.png

u3ZGY.png

I just donated a ton of white wool (99 pieces of wool). Just let me know if you need anymore. Oh & just where is the ark? I can't seem to find it in Arkyoto.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark said:
Wait, is the plan to reset the map and bring over the Ark, or to create a spawn in the map and carry over the Ark & wipe the 'old world'? Just want to make sure I know what's going on :p
I guess I just assumed a completely new map was being formed and the Ark was being brought over to it. I didn't realize how it was actually going to work. So then our inventories would be perfectly fine, it would seem.

Rabbit Lord said:
I started building an ark, its in the...

That looks amazing man! Nice job.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Hah, both Rabbit and I are building Ark's at the same time. Mine is a different theme than his though, more of a space battleship that can float in water. Like a Star Blazers theme. Rabbit's looks fantastic. I'm still gonna finish mine because I'm having fun building it, but whichever one we pick to use is just fine.

Mine's along Ark's minecart bridge to his castle. I'll post some pics tomorrow once I get the front of it built and it looks a bit better.

Regarding the Ark(s): We need coordinates people not just "it's around X city" or "here's a photo of the ship surrounded by water....without any landmarks in the photo for you to be able to find it". I also vote for the Ark transfer/old world wipe option.

Jasoco

Banned
Misanthropy said:
Regarding the Ark(s): We need coordinates people not just "it's around X city" or "here's a photo of the ship surrounded by water....without any landmarks in the photo for you to be able to find it". I also vote for the Ark transfer/old world wipe option.
I'm sure there will be a Warp when it's finished.

Misanthropy said:

yea once its finished I'm sure we can get a warp to it.

Hah, both Rabbit and I are building Ark's at the same time. Mine is a different theme than his though, more of a space battleship that can float in water. Like a Star Blazers theme. Rabbit's looks fantastic. I'm still gonna finish mine because I'm having fun building it, but whichever one we pick to use is just fine.

Mine's along Ark's minecart bridge to his castle. I'll post some pics tomorrow once I get the front of it built and it looks a bit better.

lol, its all good. Like I was saying to you earlier. I think we could talk ark in to bringing them both over and putting them down in different places so as to spread out the server pop.

Also, Thanks for the wool! I do need more....alot more.

Update:

rPJDv.png

And with some help from AngryChinchilla, the upper storage deck.

ZtkWQ.png

Thats one deck for chests, there is another below it.

I gave the 'ark' a name, Manifest Destiny(thanks Rukongai)

Top Bottom