• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Here is a shot of the lower interior. I put on a texture pack to spice it up a little lol.

ExH09.jpg

If we're going to have two separate starting zones for the new map can we make it a red vs. blue esque map? As in, one group hates the other and we don't go into each others' zones. No griefing of course but just imagine how fun it would be to see massive walls separating two totally different zones and the people don't talk to one another. Then there could be things like secret tunnels underground and you try to destroy public property on the other side (walls, stairs, etc) without destroying private property. idk. The only problem would be that everyone can hear you in chat and we might not have enough players to do this. It seems fun though, right?

Misanthropy said:
If we're going to have two separate starting zones for the new map can we make it a red vs. blue esque map? As in, one group hates the other and we don't go into each others' zones. No griefing of course but just imagine how fun it would be to see massive walls separating two totally different zones and the people don't talk to one another. Then there could be things like secret tunnels underground and you try to destroy public property on the other side (walls, stairs, etc) without destroying private property. idk. The only problem would be that everyone can hear you in chat and we might not have enough players to do this. It seems fun though, right?

nah, this isn't pvp man.

The_Inquisitor said:
How can I join the server guys? It seems it will be reset soon, but I would love to come meet everyone.

server url in the op.

Ranger X

Misanthropy said:
Then can it be like WoW rpg? No destroying or anything just keeping two distinct separate societies on their own?

What would it bring to the game? It's cool that we are one community all together.

Atomski

I always thought it would be fun to play pvp in minecraft. Build castles and dungeons with secret rooms and booby traps. Fight for resources and such..

But 99% of minecraft players are carebears..

Atomski said:
I always thought it would be fun to play pvp in minecraft. Build castles and dungeons with secret rooms and booby traps. Fight for resources and such..

The mod exists. A GAF server used to run it.

EVIL

Misanthropy said:
I feel that there is already too much drama on neocraft, no need to split up the community. I for one love the whole social aspect of minecraft online. Let's keep it casual.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Atomski said:

It would only work if you actually made a limited world. Set the world to be 2000 x 2000, and watch what happens.

Ranger X

PVP could be good in this if it was actually worth it. This game doesn't have deep combat and character devellopment to have decent or interesting PVP anyways.

Roche

MJLord said:
I like the idea of arks ! It's a great way to move worlds :D
Will there be room for me ?

There's enough room for everyone! Just try to bring only things you value the most.

Ark

I'm just going to spawn a couple of double chests full of diamond tools.

Camisa%2520Troll%2520Face%2520Mini.jpg

I should really get around to installing my texture pack & flymod on my windows partition.

MJLord

Ark said:
I should really get around to installing my texture pack & flymod on my windows partition.
I cant get my shader or new texture pack installed from the thread a couple of pages back, guess its vanilla MC for me ! :(

ArtistDude88 said:
If people on the server actually made regular donations to the community chests and didn't ninja everything out the next day... I would vote just putting a ton of chests on the ship and pooling all our stuff TOGETHER. Surely we could hold our most valuables on us during the transition (unless you duped 35 stacks of diamond cubes or something, then you're just being greedy). Then once on the new map we can use the ship as a community chest area, or move it all to a new community chest area.

But... I refer to my first sentence.

true we filled a chest up with cobble came back 10 mins later all gone

Just wondering, what is the "protocol" for claiming chests on the Ark ? Do I just go to the Ark and slap a lock sign on the chests with my name ? I probably only need 2 chests (could get away with 1 but 2 would be nice).

Ranger X

CharmingCharlie said:
Just wondering, what is the "protocol" for claiming chests on the Ark ? Do I just go to the Ark and slap a lock sign on the chests with my name ? I probably only need 2 chests (could get away with 1 but 2 would be nice).

Look into the Ark. You will see it all looks like small rooms /sections. Write you name on a section, make it yours. There are 2 chests' sections.

bengraven

When are we going to make a save of the world file?

I'm asking this because I suddenly realized we're going to have two arks loaded up with diamonds there available for some guy's single player game. haha

bengraven

Ranger X said:
A save of the world like it is now would be cool for me. It's not like I will build or do much until the trip begins.

That's what I'm thinking. The only things being built are the arks.

Make people FIND those diamonds! (in other people's chests after the permission mod goes away).

Speaking of which, when I play NeoCraft, I'm really going to miss warps. We need to set up a rail system in the next world from one city to the other, like we did in Exano's world. It helps you go from city to city without warps.

Ark

bengraven said:
Speaking of which, when I play NeoCraft, I'm really going to miss warps. We need to set up a rail system in the next world from one city to the other, like we did in Exano's world. It helps you go from city to city without warps.

First order of business for me will be to create a central train station and get things rolling.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Rabbit Lord said:
Need to figure out space now for people and what ark people are gonna use. Just split the server pop in half I guess.

Currently my ark has 114 double chests with room for a few more. Mengy, have figured out how much space you have? seems like you might have a little more room than me.

Well, each floor of my ark has different sized rooms, meant to accommodate people who will have different amounts of supplies to bring. I think the total number of double chests is something like 588, give or take a few.

I'll be honest here, I think it's overkill for us to bring them both over (unless we need to due to too much inventory). And I don't think we should split the community up into two different starting areas. Let's just load up one of the Arks (Rabbits since its already being used) and all move together and start from a common location. We can all disperse and explore outward from there. It would just seem like more fun to all start together in the new world.

Oh, and thanks everyone. I'm going to try and finish my ark today.

bengraven

Ark said:
First order of business for me will be to create a central train station and get things rolling.

Good, good. I'll help with tracks when the time comes as well, just hit me up. (and spawn me tracks...)

Bootaaay said:
Are we going to have a theme or some sort of layout for the new spawn, or will it just all be random constructions like the current spawn?

I'm hoping it's somewhat themed. Even with the anachronisms that are the boat and space ship.

Or maybe some of the most artistic members can create a nice, aesthetically pleasing central hub. I always liked the way they did NeoCraft's last hub...kind of reminded me of Deus Ex: HR.

Ranger X

It as been decided we won't have warps on the new world? the fuck? You know that trains and tracks don't work. People lose the minecarts, or they are left in the track and then you hit one and you're done, etc. They aren't really practical.

Can we at least have a /home? Seriously, I don't see the problem with warps. And let me bet you guys want to keep the flying? lol lol

Tawpgun

Ranger X said:
It as been decided we won't have warps on the new world? the fuck? You know that trains and tracks don't work. People lose the minecarts, or they are left in the track and then you hit one and you're done, etc. They aren't really practical.

Can we at least have a /home? Seriously, I don't see the problem with warps. And let me bet you guys want to keep the flying? lol lol
Would anyone object to a stargate mod?

Woorloog

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Let's make use of Nether. Portal station to each city and build walled routes in Nether?
Shorter distances are after all one purpose of Nether. And that would increase the feeling of danger.

Mikor

Atomski said:

ccrthelp.com/civilwars

Server's relaunching within the next few days, good opportunity to get in on the ground. We'll post more info about the relaunch when it happens, but keep an eye on that page in the meantime. You can converse with the staff while we work on setting up our initial infrastructure through our real-time map/chat system embedded on that page, too!

EDIT: Should note that Civil Wars is the server that was being referred to as the former GAF server that was PvP centric - it is no longer GAF specific, but is heavily staffed and moderated as to keep out the crap. We shut the server down before to spend some time on some other projects and to improve our Java programming ability over the course of the summer. It's coming back now because myself and Exano now possess the technical knowledge required to properly execute a heavily modified and gameplay-rich server like ours.

bengraven

Ranger X said:

I wasn't advocating the loss of /warp, I'm simply saying we need a minecart system as well.

Ark

A27 Tawpgun said:

We already have a portal mod installed, I can't remember it's name but yeah.

Ranger X said:

You will always find something to complain about...:p

Atomski

Mikor said:
ccrthelp.com/civilwars

Server's relaunching within the next few days, good opportunity to get in on the ground. We'll post more info about the relaunch when it happens, but keep an eye on that page in the meantime. You can converse with the staff while we work on setting up our initial infrastructure through our real-time map/chat system embedded on that page, too!

EDIT: Should note that Civil Wars is the server that was being referred to as the former GAF server that was PvP centric - it is no longer GAF specific, but is heavily staffed and moderated as to keep out the crap. We shut the server down before to spend some time on some other projects and to improve our Java programming ability over the course of the summer. It's coming back now because myself and Exano now possess the technical knowledge required to properly execute a heavily modified and gameplay-rich server like ours.

Will check it out, thanks :).

Mikor

Ranger X said:

Actually, smart implementation of booster rails and detector rails along your tracks will solve all the issues you just described. For reference, our server's solution is to have both - warps cost money, minecart travel is free. For Neocraft, since you are not running with an economy system in place, perhaps have your stargates set to a cooldown?

EDIT - As Vlad points out below, this is not exactly true for unmanned carts left on the track. See my response for a possible solution.

Vlad

Mikor said:
Actually, smart implementation of booster rails and detector rails along your tracks will solve all the issues you just described. For reference, our server's solution is to have both - warps cost money, minecart travel is free. For Neocraft, since you are not running with an economy system in place, perhaps have your stargates set to a cooldown?

Unfortunately, the detector rails don't really solve anything as far as lost or abandoned carts go. Unless, someone made a breakthrough that I didn't hear about, you still can't get detector rails to distinguish between full and empty carts.

Mikor

Vlad said:
Unfortunately, the detector rails don't really solve anything as far as lost or abandoned carts go. Unless, someone made a breakthrough that I didn't hear about, you still can't get detector rails to distinguish between full and empty carts.

Ah, I must be too accustomed to our version of it. Since you're on Bukkit anyways, use Falsebook's detector blocks instead?

Bootaaay said:
Are we going to have a theme or some sort of layout for the new spawn, or will it just all be random constructions like the current spawn?

I hope to build a camp/hub type area on the coast nearest to where ever Ark lands the ship.

Grinchy

Banned
If we're really not going to have warps, that makes me a happy Grinch. Warps make things too easy and when things get easy that leaves too much time for me to think. You do not want me to start using my brain. I don't even know if it still works.

Top Bottom