• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

Just a quick reminder:

When 1.8 hits, the sever wont instantly hop over when the update is out (unless we go 110% vanilla). It'll really depend on how long it takes for the inevitable Mojang bug fix patches and for the recommended Bukkit build to be implemented.

Vlad

Mikor said:
Ah, I must be too accustomed to our version of it. Since you're on Bukkit anyways, use Falsebook's detector blocks instead?

Yeah, Falsebook is one of those mods that I'd love to see on NeoCraft. I loved playing with all the redstone goodies on Exano's old server.

Toppot

Ark said:
Just a quick reminder:

When 1.8 hits, the sever wont instantly hop over when the update is out (unless we go 110% vanilla). It'll really depend on how long it takes for the inevitable Mojang bug fix patches and for the recommended Bukkit build to be implemented.

All good =] I'm happy to wait a few days for the Mojang fixes to be done and have the server set up correctly. Gives us a few days to get use to 1.8 in single player.

The Ark has been a hive of activity today. It really is great watching everyone squirrelling away, claiming chests and transporting all they can into the great Ark.

I did have one depressing thought though, our beloved Canine pets won't be coming with us to the new world :-( . So if you have any in game pet wolves then be kind to them, take them out the back and ...... well don't let them suffer the great wipe.

vetrox

CharmingCharlie said:
The Ark has been a hive of activity today. It really is great watching everyone squirrelling away, claiming chests and transporting all they can into the great Ark.

I did have one depressing thought though, our beloved Canine pets won't be coming with us to the new world :-( . So if you have any in game pet wolves then be kind to them, take them out the back and ...... well don't let them suffer the great wipe.

Now now, someone has to play the role of the dinosaurs.

CharmingCharlie said:

If we brought our dogs onto the arks, wouldn't they be brought over too, or would they be lost when the map is wiped?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ark said:
Just a quick reminder:

I'm up for pure vanilla. The only thing I can see people being afraid of is if we don't have have lock system up, that people could just loot all the chests.

We could just not bring over the ark straight away.

And yes, people voted for no warps:
http://www.blogpoll.com/results_201022.html

So, is the ceiling going to be raised in 1.8?

Venfayth

Having warps for every destination trivializes travelling, but having one or two homes doesn't really ruin travelling imo. Having one or two homes generally makes it convenient and simple to travel back to your base to restock or grab inventory and then get back to what you were working on quickly. On my server I allowed everyone to have two homes (/sethome, /sethome2, /home, /home2)

Obviously Arks server isn't mine, but not having any /home at all would make me a sad panda.

Just my $.02 :)

Toppot

I'd just like to point out that in the poll people voted for no public warps, /home is a private warp, same as the one donators get?

Maybe some of us don't want to wander around the world and just want to see what people are building. There really needs to be away to get around the map in somewhat of a quick fashion. That portal room that was being talked about a few weeks back is a good idea. I like being vanilla-ish but we need the chest Locks, /home and I think flying.

Anyways...

PdXii.jpg

Orlandu84

bengraven said:
When are we going to make a save of the world file?

I'm asking this because I suddenly realized we're going to have two arks loaded up with diamonds there available for some guy's single player game. haha
I had that same thought last night! It would be a nice bonus if the Arks (and their contents) were included in the save file. It would certainly motivate me to use the save file.

On an unrelated note, great job there, Rabbit Lord!

Ark

Rabbit Lord said:
Maybe some of us don't want to wander around the world and just want to see what people are building. There really needs to be away to get around the map in somewhat of a quick fashion. That portal room that was being talked about a few weeks back is a good idea. I like being vanilla-ish but we need the chest Locks, /home and I think flying.

Anyways...

PdXii.jpg

Oh wow this is amazing :lol Great work :)

Rapstah

I'd vote for no mods except for anti-griefing measures. Those would include chest locks and obviously the standard log mods.

Toppot

Dmented said:
Do we have a warp to the arks yet? And are we allowed to place our stuff in them now?
You can warp to arktokno (I can't spell it to save my life sorry) then just walk straight forward and then on your left, its on the end of a long pier. And yes you can start putting a sign on chests and filling them up.

Grinchy

Banned
Acullis said:
Having warps for every destination trivializes travelling, but having one or two homes doesn't really ruin travelling imo. Having one or two homes generally makes it convenient and simple to travel back to your base to restock or grab inventory and then get back to what you were working on quickly. On my server I allowed everyone to have two homes (/sethome, /sethome2, /home, /home2)

Obviously Arks server isn't mine, but not having any /home at all would make me a sad panda.

Just my $.02 :)

Yeah I guess I agree. I loved having the /home command on neocraft, but I wished that there was a reason to use the amazing minecart tracks that people set up which led to the other areas.

and wow ninefingers...that is awesome lol!

At the back of the bottom floor of the ark, there is a community donations section for extra resources that you won't need or that will help to build the new spawn area.

AnoWs.jpg

What seed shall we use for the new world? Maybe a premade world? Like that one that was posted a few weeks back that had all those amazing landscapes, was that premade or a seed?

Misanthropy said:
perhaps a seed with all of our names in it. ex. Ark,bluebren,Misanthropy, etc. Let's see what the world thinks of us.

That would be one long seed. Bet we'd get a world that was just a giant ocean with a 1x1 tower going straight up to the heavens.

Ark said:
I don't even know if I can create a new world based off a seed :l

I don't play Minecraft much but I recall making a single-player level with a seed and copying/pasting the file holding my map into the Minecraft Server Folder and renaming the cfg file accordingly.

Mirk

OneMoreQuestion said:
I don't play Minecraft much but I recall making a single-player level with a seed and copying/pasting the file holding my map into the Minecraft Server Folder and renaming the cfg file accordingly.

This will work ark. Also you best put the server file up some where for d/l!

bengraven

Well remember, with the new terrains and biomes, we might not want to use an old seed.

CharmingCharlie said:

Man, my dogs keep getting killed when I'm gone anyway, so fuck them.

Ark

bengraven said:
Well remember, with the new terrains and biomes, we might not want to use an old seed.

[unimportant stuff]

I agree.

I agree.

Ranger X

Xun said:
Do we even need a seed?

The way 1.8 works will probably make it far more dynamic.

I think people don't really get what a seed is. You cannot play a Minecraft world generated by the game that isn't a seed...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
If we are going to use a seed for the New World, then we have to use Neocraft as the seed. It only seems fitting. :)

kodt

Banned
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Can't you leave that blank and it will auto generate the seed?

yeah, but it will still have a seed.

Mengy said:
If we are going to use a seed for the New World, then we have to use Neocraft as the seed. It only seems fitting. :)

What if that seed sucks ;)

Physalis

Neo Member
I feel bad, haha. I pm'd Ark for Citizen status, was approved, and then promptly ignored the fact that Minecraft exists...

I'll be on the server for sure once you guys make the transfer to a new map (or 1.8). I'm not much of a builder but I like to yak and adventure, and would be more than happy to just be a material gathering grunt.

Looking forward to it!

celebi23

Alright, got my little spot set up on Manifest Destiny. I even managed to fit in an extra 2 double chests. Should be interesting to fit all of my stuff in 6 double chests.

Ranger X

kodt said:
What if that seed sucks ;)

There's no such thing as a seed that sucks.
Minecraft worlds are all containing all the cool stuff you've ever seen in all seeds. It just happen that since the spawning point is decided at random, you don't know where you end up in the world. People think they can find "better seeds" but they only found a seed with a spawn point that happen to be in a region they like. If you explore any seed, you will always find those cool cliffs and such that people are in awe with.

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Can't you leave that blank and it will auto generate the seed?

yes when you leave it blank, the game choses the seed with a random.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Physalis said:
I'm not much of a builder but I like to yak and adventure, and would be more than happy to just be a material gathering grunt.

Looking forward to it!

I echo this completely- really looking forward to hopefully playing along too!

Once the move to 1.8 is done I might have to see about joining everyone as well. I just got the game so it seems pointless to try and get in when anything I make will be gone within a week or so.

Xun

Ranger X said:
I think people don't really get what a seed is. You cannot play a Minecraft world generated by the game that isn't a seed...
Oh I know, but I was just referring to leaving it blank.

Ranger X

Xun said:
Oh I know, but I was just referring to leaving it blank.

When you leave it blank it's the same thing. It's just that instead of you chosing the seed, the game does it for you. In short, you will not end up with a better or worse world.

Wonto139

Neo Member
Rabbit Lord said:

Anyways...

PdXii.jpg

Where's that tree in the picture? The one on the bottom right :D

Top Bottom