• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Xun

Mengy said:
You know, oddly enough, this doesn't bother me one bit. I have no problem at all clicking for each sword swing or for each block placement. And I'm a little confused as to why it's such a bit deal? I mean is it really so hard to click the button a few times other than to just hold it down? I'm just not getting the angst over this...?
I'm a bit annoyed with it as well and I'm using a proper mouse!

spuit*11

Banned
Mengy said:
You know, oddly enough, this doesn't bother me one bit. I have no problem at all clicking for each sword swing or for each block placement. And I'm a little confused as to why it's such a bit deal? I mean is it really so hard to click the button a few times other than to just hold it down? I'm just not getting the angst over this...?
It's a pain because you can do the whole running backwards-placing blocks maneuver which really speeds up making big structures.

EDIT: Just updated to 1.8 proper. Hurray!

Toppot

Why does the one day I'm doing work have to be the same day as 1.8 xD

Still, any bets on how many hours till 1.81 is released? =P I'm guessing 3 hours

Mengy said:
qNQCD.jpg

Wanace

Finally jumping back in to this game.

Now just have to get Eldpack updated (assuming there's new textures from 1.7.3?) and the water shader working again and i'll be happy.

Drazgul

Red Liquorice said:

Heh I'm not even bothering to hold the LMB down when mining - screw that. Autohotkey script does it for me, press F1 and it will simulate LMB being pressed down until I press F1 again.

Andvary said:
That looks amazing, what texture pack is that? =)
Metal B said:
Whats the name of your texture pack?
Thanks! It's Sphax PureBD Craft 256x

It's the same one I've been using for a long while now. It's really great and well supported, fits with Minecraft's aethestics quite well.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay, so long till 1.9 so that i can finally actually play this game?

Field of view setting... ugh. Anything above normal gives fisheye effect.

Toppot

Woorloog said:
Okay, so long till 1.9 so that i can finally actually play this game?

Field of view setting... ugh. Anything above normal gives fisheye effect.
We don't know. 1.9 might be sooner than later maybe in October. Then for Minecon in November we should get 2.0, when it will be a 'game' and not a 'beta', there will continue to be big improvements and features added though. So any time is the right time to play Minecraft ;) =P

Woorloog

Banned
Toppot said:
We don't know. 1.9 might be sooner than later maybe in October. Then for Minecon in November we should get 2.0, when it will be a 'game' and not a 'beta', there will continue to be big improvements and features added though. So any time is the right time to play Minecraft ;) =P
Anytime is not the right time to play. I need to know the system stays stable enough (ie no map resets anytime soon) so that i can build my city. 1 month is not enough

Orgun

Hadn't played Minecraft in months, then started reading all about the new 1.8 stuff. Downloaded the preview code at 11:50pm...I was still playing at 2am, the crack is back.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else get a "out of memory" error every now and then? I'm just walking around for a bit and bam, out of memory.

Mik2121

Xun said:
It'll be good to see Ark's server back up! Also as for the height limit, what will it be raised to?
Dunno but something around 256 would be great. However, most of the stuff on Ark's is 'realistic' stuff that doesn't really need that much height. But it would be nice for some castles on top of mountains and whatnot :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Kulock said:
Some objects seem really dark if they're close to a wall. I've had it happen to chests, paintings, and crafting tables and such so far.

I saw that alot when I was playing my 1.7 world in the 1.8 patch, but I haven't seen it at all with my new 1.8 generated worlds. Maybe it's just been luck...

Xun said:
It'll be good to see Ark's server back up! Also as for the height limit, what will it be raised to?

Yeah, looking forward to 1.8 Neocraft too. As for the height limit though, I believe Neocraft is staying default WRT height limit (128 blocks). Many people's computers wouldn't be able to handle a taller world, plus I don't think there are even any mods released yet to adjust it. Is there?

Roche

Mik2121 said:
Dunno but something around 256 would be great. However, most of the stuff on Ark's is 'realistic' stuff that doesn't really need that much height. But it would be nice for some castles on top of mountains and whatnot :p

There was talk of a floating air city which would be very cool.

So the endermen are in the caverns underground as well? Oh great, just when I thought an arrow screaming out of the darkness and landing in my eye wasn't bad enough. Now I have to worry about accidentally looking at an enderman that I can't even see, and it teleporting right in my face :lol

Jasoco said:
It's amazing what they've done with the lighting. I can't wait to see what they do with snow.

Yeah I noticed the flickering torches as well, while I was stood in my shelter yesterday debating what to do next. Very nice touch.

Xun

Mik2121 said:
Agreed.

If it is the case we can get a small community project together to make the Neuschwanstein

Mengy said:
Yeah, looking forward to 1.8 Neocraft too. As for the height limit though, I believe Neocraft is staying default WRT height limit (128 blocks). Many people's computers wouldn't be able to handle a taller world, plus I don't think there are even any mods released yet to adjust it. Is there?
I think Ark mentioned about a week ago to extend the height limit.

As long as people don't always build high for the sake of it I doubt it'll cause too many problems.

Jasoco said:
If it is, I will fly over to Sweden and confront Jens and Marcus about this stupid "feature" myself. Either that or enough people will cry about it to make them change it back. There's no reason to change this functionality.

It's there because you can block with the sword now.

Grinchy said:
Finally, the real 1.8!
Bah, of course it comes out now.

I was free Sunday, working from home on Monday, not too busy last night but tonight I'm going to be killing myself packing, tomorrow I'm moving, and Friday I'm going to be swamped making up for missing work tomorrow. Probably working until late. I really wanted to start on the new server with you guys :(

spuit*11

Banned
Houston3000 said:
Bah, of course it comes out now.

I was free Sunday, working from home on Monday, not too busy last night but tonight I'm going to be killing myself packing, tomorrow I'm moving, and Friday I'm going to be swamped making up for missing work tomorrow. Probably working until late. I really wanted to start on the new server with you guys :(
It might be a few days or more before Bukkit updates to 1.8, I'm pretty sure Ark won't start the server before then.

On a sidenote: I have found the nicest island in my singleplayer , it's covered with mild woodland and I have found an underground ravine that I'm now mine for all it's worth. It seems that resources are more plentiful in general but these ravines are real goldmines (sometimes literally so).

EVIL

we will be needing moar height limit for the biogaf sky city

edit: these abandoned mines are awesome btw for scoring iron ore deposits

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do you do multiple worlds on a multiplayer server? I want to create a new world with 1.8 for all the new features, but also keep my old one for the stuff I've built with my kids. Can I do that and switch between them easily?

Ranger X

Woorloog said:
Anytime is not the right time to play. I need to know the system stays stable enough (ie no map resets anytime soon) so that i can build my city. 1 month is not enough

have other projects in the mean time? Also, you wouldnt have time to do it even in Creative Mode?

also, ARK, I suppose you wait for bukkit and other mods to update before restarting Neocraft??

Orlandu84

I am running Minecraft 1.8 Official on my Macbook Pro today (usually I play minecraft on my gaming rig with Windows 7 64 bit), and I am experiencing some uneven performance. The actual game seems to run better than 1.7.3 for me - smoother fps, less load time, etc. However, I cannot adjust the video settings! When I try to do that either in game or from the main menu, I get a game freeze up. Has anyone else experienced this?

Woorloog

Banned
Ranger X said:
have other projects in the mean time? Also, you wouldnt have time to do it even in Creative Mode?
What other projects? I think big. I have this city i intend to build. Alternatively i'll build Jedi Temple or something equally big. And some ideas need snow biome. And i don't want to do them in single player, so most likely no creative mode for me, most likely.
EDIT currently the biomes have a lot of chunk errors. Floating islands... ugh. Give us the proper Skylands or whatever it is called.

Xun

Orlandu84 said:
I am running Minecraft 1.8 Official on my Macbook Pro today (usually I play minecraft on my gaming rig with Windows 7 64 bit), and I am experiencing some uneven performance. The actual game seems to run better than 1.7.3 for me - smoother fps, less load time, etc. However, I cannot adjust the video settings! When I try to do that either in game or from the main menu, I get a game freeze up. Has anyone else experienced this?
It's hit and miss on OSX I've found.

Ranger X

Glasswork said:
You want more dead ends? ( ´_ゝ`)

lol no, I thought they were just fine. Some caves could take me multiple days to explore and that's great fun for me. Part of why it takes days it's because there's 234098 routes inside them. If they nerf that, I fear they might be less fun to explore.
Anyhow, I will explore the first caves and I find so I will know soon for sure.

Rapstah

Ranger X said:
lol no, I thought they were just fine. Some caves could take me multiple days to explore and that's great fun for me. Part of why it takes days it's because there's 234098 routes inside them. If they nerf that, I fear they might be less fun to explore.
Anyhow, I will explore the first caves and I find so I will know soon for sure.
You don't suppose the tunnels were changed to lead to each other instead of ending?

Ashodin

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Your gifs are broke dude, I wanted to save em. :(

Finally Patch 1.8 is released. Is snow biome back in? I saw notch tweet about it.

Rapstah said:
You don't suppose the tunnels were changed to lead to each other instead of ending?

I think that's what they mean, however I sort of liked uncovering a new tunnel behind another one (usually in the direction of zombie noises)

Ranger X

Rapstah said:

Well, if that makes the cave actually HARDER to explore, I might like! :)

oh and anybody got this bug??

fucked_chests.png

This is in my "pre 1.8" world. Chests that were empty are fine but any chest with something in it is black. :((((

Top Bottom