• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

Grinchy said:
I could just be an idiot, but how does 1.9 progress to become 1.1?

Ohhhhh, so like this is beta 1.9, and when they actually release it, it's Minecraft 1.1? Makes sense if you're a programmer, I guess =P

Version numbers don't follow the same precident as real world numbers.

1.10 does not equal 1.1. The zero is not canceled out by being at the end.

Emitan

Grinchy said:
I could just be an idiot, but how does 1.9 progress to become 1.1?

Ohhhhh, so like this is Beta 1.9, and when they actually release it, it's Minecraft 1.1? Makes sense if you're a programmer, I guess =P
what comes after 9? 10. 1.9 -> 1.10

Grinchy

Banned
It still seems like it should have been 1.09 --> 1.10 instead of 1.9 --> 1.10

But I will keep this number continuation theorem to myself :D

Ooh new items

2011-09-22_10.37.14.png

Blaze Rod, something without a name, and Ghast Tear. Curious to see what they do.

Ranger X said:
Yup, the eternal "already generated chunks can't update" problem. Gotta get used to it, its the way his code is thought out. :/

I usually re-roll when a major new release comes out.

Actually, I've just had a thought, can you find out your seed from single player? When a new update happens what happens if you use the same seed number to generate a new world?

Will it re-generate with the new features? Sure you'd have to re-build your house etc, but you'd have a good idea of where there's large mineral dumps and what-not.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Treefingers said:
Ooh new items

2011-09-22_10.37.14.png

Blaze Rod, something without a name, and Ghast Tear. Curious to see what they do.

What are those dark bricks in front of you? And is that fence darker? Is that just your texture pack or is that with default textures?

Someone please post a list of all the changes, I'm at work and can't access most sites right now... :(:(:(

Forgot to show the Nether Wart as well, no idea what any of these do. I found a Nether structure though:

2011-09-22_10.49.45.png

They look really cool and they are huge. Haven't found a chest or anything yet nor any new mobs since it's a Creative world.

Mengy said:
What are those dark bricks in front of you? And is that fence darker? Is that just your texture pack or is that with default textures?
They're Nether bricks and fences (that the Nether fortresses are made out of).

seb said:
Snow biome is back. Just stumbled on a frozen river.
Very good to hear.

Mengy said:

Someone please post a list of all the changes, I'm at work and can't access most sites right now... :(:(:(
Nether brick and Nether fence

Also Lilipads

New Nether mobs

NPC

Darker Swamps/Murky water

Drazgul

Eh, looks kinda ugly tbh. I don't really like anything that's made out of single block, plus the flat, feature-less sides are pretty crappy.

Drazgul

Qwomo said:
what the fuck is that stupid npc

what am I looking at

Maybe NPC breeding is in as well. And that's the result of inbreeding.

Or maybe it's a reference to Coneheads... Except, you know, more blocky.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
seb said:
Snow biome is back. Just stumbled on a frozen river.

SWEET!! That's awesome news. And I like the color of the nether brick and fence, ALOT. It looks like a stained oak fence! And I can already think of lots of places I'd like to use those darker bricks.

Very cool, tonight I'll be able to tell if I'm keeping my current 1.8 world or if I'm restarting it again for 1.9. If the biomes mesh nicely I'll keep it, if not I'm starting over again, lol....

Can't wait to get out of work today. I hope my girlfriend has a good book to read tonight...

Any other changes?

Qwomo

A friend said he ran across some pigmen growing strange nether crops.

Also a spinny gold monster that shoots fireballs.

Not sure if he was being serious, though.

bengraven

New biome generation is a bit eh right now.

6SyXz.jpg

Walked through my huge swamp for the first time but no new changes...get to the edge and there's a huge chunk missing. I see the islands in the distant and that's what I'm standing on now. The murky water looks great, but needs a lot of work.

Drazgul

bengraven said:
Walked through my huge swamp for the first time but no new changes...get to the edge and there's a huge chunk missing.

Is that on a pre-existing map (ie. generated in 1.8)? If so, of course there'll be errors since the biome / terrain gen code in 1.8 was unfinished.

Venfayth

Qwomo said:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9050/20110922094710.png[img]

seriously notch what the fuck

I just want a nice medieval/fantasy village

why are you doing this to me[/QUOTE]

Lol they're just placeholders man, calm down :p

Enco

Qwomo said:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9050/20110922094710.png[/im g]

seriously notch what the fuck

I just want a nice medieval/fantasy village

why are you doing this to me[/QUOTE]
Pahahaha.

So do they do anything?

Venfayth

W/ regards to villager mob:

via http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/116794735749894144

NOTCHINGTON said:
Designing a villager mob. They won't do much in 1.9, but at least they will spawn with (new) villages.

Ranger X

Nihilistic Monk said:
I usually re-roll when a major new release comes out.

Actually, I've just had a thought, can you find out your seed from single player? When a new update happens what happens if you use the same seed number to generate a new world?

Will it re-generate with the new features? Sure you'd have to re-build your house etc, but you'd have a good idea of where there's large mineral dumps and what-not.

Note down your seed and yes it will regenerate but at the new version.
Also, new chunks in your old world would also generate at the new version.

So to make the snowmen:

Place two snow blocks (literally place them, not in the crafting grid) and a pumpkin on top. Very cool.

Also some crafting recipes:
http://imgur.com/a/a1nth

And like Qwomo said droplets of water and lava form on the block beneath a block of water/lava which will be very useful.

Top Bottom