• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Grinchy

Banned
*edit: LMAO wow onken we think alike
I think abload is down or something so none of these pics will work right now

burning the shit out of everything made of wood is fun. I went through like 6 or 7 flint&steels just now.

Here are some really shitty pictures of the progress so far:

The Ark

Booty Bay

Mengy's Dog

Spawn

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Togglesworlh said:
That is something I've wanted for ages, but Notch doesn't like the idea of letting your structures be destroyed by things out of your control, I guess.
For better or worse, Notch realizes it is people who like to build stuff that made the game popular. I have been waiting more then a year for some sort of objective. I'll take even a simple " hardcore mode plus increasing difficulty over time"

Grinchy

Banned
sophora said:
anyone else getting an incredible amount of lag/low fps when playing SP...seems to be happening on my laptop and desktop :/
I really don't *shrug*

You're not the first person who has mentioned this though, so it's not like you are imagining it. Every now and then when I'm generating new terrain, of course the framerate dips, but other than that it's smooth as butter.

Ranger X

Ark said:
Are you actually serious? Really?

I'm not one to get mad over silly things, but for the last month I have been saying I will make the final backup downloadable.

At this point it's beginning to take the cake. And it's a tasty cake.

err, I know you said that. I was just wondering if it was ready to download 'cause you didn't mention it ...

Grinchy

Banned
spuit*11 said:
I'm afraid your temple also did not survive the onslaught Ark.

It was a blazing inferno.
Abload needs to come back online so I can see these pics. From the thumbnails they look good. You got a shot of the fiery inferno.

I ran around lighting up everything I could find and only then did I think to take pics :(

bengraven said:
Still a lot of Bootybay left when I got there.

Not much left.

lol yeah that's because I ran out of lighters. I'm glad you took up the cause!

Ark

Ranger X said:
err, I know you said that. I was just wondering if it was ready to download 'cause you didn't mention it ...

Ah sorry, rough day..

It'll be up for download soon though :)

Ranger X

Ark said:
Ah sorry, rough day..

That's ok don't worry. lol
It's me I was like "fuck, what did I say?". Was somewhat panicking because english is not my first language and I supposed that I could have appeared rude to you or something. In reality I have so much respect for you all guys. ;)

Ranger X

by the way, putting lava in the Ark was retarded.

You have to think that people can spawn anywhere when they connect and especially in the Ark since it's the last place many of us has been. This said, all of my precious stuff is on my character just in case something happens in the world transfert. If I spawn and fall into your fucking lava then I lose everything because of your retardation.

Right now you'll all safe because it didn't happen to me but please God, can you think about it a little further than your nose next time such thing happen? tks.

Ark

miscellaneous-68574.png

I'm sorry, but I just had to :lol

Fucking :lol

Nice job Ark, I didn't bother putting anything in the ark (starting fresh FTW!), but I could only imagine the meltdowns had you actually lost the backup :p

Ranger X said:
You have to think that people can spawn anywhere when they connect and especially in the Ark since it's the last place many of us has been. This said, all of my precious stuff is on my character just in case something happens in the world transfert. If I spawn and fall into your fucking lava then I lose everything because of your retardation.

Right now you'll all safe because it didn't happen to me but please God, can you think about it a little further than your nose next time such thing happen? tks.
thats_the_joke.jpg

@As far as I'm aware our personal inventory won't be transferred over, right Ark...?

Ark

Lazlo Woodbine said:
@As far as I'm aware our personal inventory won't be transferred over, right Ark...?

No idea :lol

EVIL said:
lol, ark can you clear permissions for the server? so that anybody can use fire and tnt?

Yeah I can do that, sorry :p

And done, even visitors can do so now :)

bengraven

Ark you fucker, you got me. lol

Grinchy said:
Abload needs to come back online so I can see these pics. From the thumbnails they look good. You got a shot of the fiery inferno.

I ran around lighting up everything I could find and only then did I think to take pics :(

lol yeah that's because I ran out of lighters. I'm glad you took up the cause!

I had to log before the fires went out, so there may still be more!

Ranger X

Ark said:
No idea :lol

Yeah I can do that, sorry :p

And done, even visitors can do so now :)

The server will stay the same, only the world that changes right?
In that case, my inventory isn't bind to the world itself so it should work...

Toki1776

Ranger X said:
The server will stay the same, only the world that changes right?
In that case, my inventory isn't bind to the world itself so it should work...
Actually, your inventory is bound to the world. When we start a new map, everyone will start with nothing in their inventory...

On a side note, I'm working on trimming the map right now. The trimming itself shouldn't take too long, but it takes me an hour and a half to just download the world file. I will also have to make a map, so I can be sure i"m not removing any structures, that will add another couple hours to the total time... Oh well, at least it's a weekend ;)

Grinchy

Banned
Toki1776 said:
Actually, your inventory is bound to the world. When we start a new map, everyone will start with nothing in their inventory...

On a side note, I'm working on trimming the map right now. The trimming itself shouldn't take too long, but it takes me an hour and a half to just download the world file. I will also have to make a map, so I can be sure i"m not removing any structures, that will add another couple hours to the total time... Oh well, at least it's a weekend ;)
Damn dude. Thanks for the effort, though.

Everyone who expanded the map by flying around like that should have a special status that kills them every 10 minutes =P (not really)

EVIL

ark said he let visitors use tnt, you need a lighter to activate the tnt

and billy, the server is up, works normally, do note its a 1.8.1 server, not a 1.9 one

N-Bomb

EVIL said:
ark said he let visitors use tnt, you need a lighter to activate the tnt

and billy, the server is up, works normally, do note its a 1.8.1 server, not a 1.9 one

Won't even let me place it. :\

Also can't mine or use a flint.

Top Bottom