• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Someone can give me the address to the new server?

edit: And I lost my Minecraft account password, and changed email recently. Damnit. I can't log in anymore:| Guys am I screwed? I bought the game a long time ago, but I don't have the same email anymore, and my password doesn't work, so I can't log in:|

L00P

I didn't know 1.8 excluded the snowy biomes. No wonder I can't find one in my current world. Having it back in 1.9 pre-release seems like a good incentive to update my client

Drazgul

bathala said:
Mod community on minecraft forums r complaining about the frequent update that they had to keep updating their stuff

And rightly so, the obfuscation for one makes things a real pain. Mojang really ought to get that modding API that they promised going.

Ranger X

lol Minecraft fans are hilarious

"Oh there's not enough updates"

**Notch updates more

"Oh, it's too much updates"

Long story short, people fucking like to complain. That's all they fucking do actually.

bathala said:
Mod community on minecraft forums r complaining about the frequent update that they had to keep updating their stuff
Yeah but I don't use mods so I selfishly don't give a damn.

Drazgul said:
And rightly so, the obfuscation for one makes things a real pain. Mojang really ought to get that modding API that they promised going.
This I agree with, however. I'd probably experiment with mods more often if there was an easy way to enable/disable them, kind of like the way texture packs work now.

Ranger X said:
Long story short, people fucking like to complain. That's all they fucking do actually.

Ooooor, Consider the following: There are some that liked having long waits, and now they are complaining while the others are content.

I really don't care either way, as long as the waits aren't extremely long.

Ranger X

TheCongressman1 said:
Ooooor, Consider the following: There are some that liked having long waits, and now they are complaining while the others are content.

I really don't care either way, as long as the waits aren't extremely long.

I know, but one great solution could have been to make that mod compatibility thing already. This way, mods could work more easily after an update and sometimes without even touching anything.

Mik2121

Oh wow, you gotta be shittin' me!

I just created a Creative world to do random stuff until 1.9 releases officially. I decided to leave the seed as random and guess what, the world that showed up was all sorts of kick-ass!.

I think there was a way to find out the seed name of the world. Do you guys remember how to do it?

Ranger X

Mik2121 said:
Oh wow, you gotta be shittin' me!

I just created a Creative world to do random stuff until 1.9 releases officially. I decided to leave the seed as random and guess what, the world that showed up was all sorts of kick-ass!.

I think there was a way to find out the seed name of the world. Do you guys remember how to do it?

Press F3. Debug info will appear and now there's the seed number.

/beaten by an artist

Mik2121

Seed:

Go into Creative first, fly and look around. There should be a big lake and then another smaller lake (which looks like a small portion of two rivers merging into one) with some neat elements around. It's not full of crazy mountains, but the area surrounding the lake is perfect for a small town, and overall I like all the mountains and stuff surrounding it.

I'll explore a bit in Creative and then go to Survival :D

Toki1776

Yeah.... that's pretty far in one direction. Funnily enough, it's even farther away in the same direction than the last map posted. Whoever did that has no shame...
Y1wFOl.png

Grinchy

Banned
So that's how breeding will be done, cool. It's nice to know that sheep are getting "fixed" because as it is currently in my SP world, I have to travel really far to find a sheep with wool.

And it's a shame that the person(s) responsible for extending the map like that can't be permabanned. I remember the last time I tried to see who it was on the map, and the name wouldn't come up.

*edit- ok permaban is kinda harsh. How about just a public shaming

EVIL

Rofl, server still derped?

I can already see a burned out server rack in a data-center somewhere with arks name on it

AiTM

Banned
Toki1776 said:
Yeah.... that's pretty far in one direction. Funnily enough, it's even farther away in the same direction than the last map posted. Whoever did that has no shame...
Y1wFOl.png

Uh when I played in the server I wanted to go far out in the wilderness away from all civilization, so I traveled for days in one direction in arks server before I got to a spot to build. Is that the map? Did I do that?

Ark

bengraven said:
I suppose we could put the NeoCraft thread in Community, but no one has complained before.

To be fair, it's the only thing keeping this thread alive :lol

I'm going to reset the map.....now!

I don't really see the problem? It's all Minecraft discussion, why split the community? Otherwise this thread would only be bumped for random questions and discussions of update news and tweets from Notch & Jeb.

Personally I would rather keep all discussion about Minecraft and Neocraft in the same topic. At the moment Neocraft is getting a bit more attention because of the whole Armageddon thing but once a new world is sorted and everyone is settled the focus will move back to Minecraft the game. But I really do find it handy to have all MC and Neocraft related stuff in the same topic.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark said:
Yeah that's what I meant before. Either the Neocraft talk keeps other people from discussing the game, or people who don't play on the server just don't talk about Minecraft. I don't know which it is, but I'm willing to bet that a Neocraft thread results in the death of the Minecraft OT.

AutoGibbon

Neo Member
Ark said:

Well ooooh! =P

In contrast, I often come on this thread to see the current discussion about Minecraft, the game as it stands, and any new things I MUST SEE. More often than not, I skip through alot of Neocraft static to see an interesting post. Maybe people have given up posting anything worthwhile over fears of having their voices lost to a sea of drooling neocrafters?

That last thing might be a bit harsh.... meh.

mandiller

Ark said:
The server map is reset!

Commence building!

Awesome!

Can you make me a citizen? (same username as on neogaf: mandiller ). I'm trying to escape zombies by climbing a hill but can't destroy any blocks...

Top Bottom