• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

The busy bees are currently plastering TNT all over the great pyramid, should be a PC crashing explosion :-

OAufM.png

Ranger X

Toki1776 said:
Actually, your inventory is bound to the world. When we start a new map, everyone will start with nothing in their inventory...

damn. You sure about that?
How do I proceed now to save my inventory?

EDIT: just took a picture of it. So if there's a kind mod that want to spawn it back for me...

Mirk

Toki1776 said:
Actually, your inventory is bound to the world. When we start a new map, everyone will start with nothing in their inventory...

You can thou just move the Players folder into the new world and it will save every ones stuff

Jasoco

Banned
But doesn't that also save their location? So won't they possible log into a wall when they join next time? Or high in the air? And in far off places scattered around the map?

Grinchy

Banned
lmao i knew the server was going to crash. I walked away, and when I came back I was disconnected. Can't wait to see what Moria looks like now haha

Ranger if you can't get the inventory sorted, you can just have everything in my ark chest. I actually really enjoy starting from scratch in this game. I don't know why I saved anything anyway.

Mirk

Jasoco said:
But doesn't that also save their location? So won't they possible log into a wall when they join next time? Or high in the air? And in far off places scattered around the map?

nah on a new map you still start at spawn the first time you log in

celebi23

So, Ark, are we just going to wait until 1.9? I think it'd be kinda silly to restart the map for 1.8.1 and then again for 1.9. Or, maybe have a walled off area for 1.8.1 and then when 1.9 hits, remove the wall.

Ranger X

Grinchy said:
lmao i knew the server was going to crash. I walked away, and when I came back I was disconnected. Can't wait to see what Moria looks like now haha

Ranger if you can't get the inventory sorted, you can just have everything in my ark chest. I actually really enjoy starting from scratch in this game. I don't know why I saved anything anyway.

Cool man. Might take it. At least some Iron to have some tools to begin with and some armor. If ever nobody can spawn back my inventory at least I won't start completely from scratch...

Ark

celebi23 said:
So, Ark, are we just going to wait until 1.9? I think it'd be kinda silly to restart the map for 1.8.1 and then again for 1.9. Or, maybe have a walled off area for 1.8.1 and then when 1.9 hits, remove the wall.

I guess we can play on a new 1.8.1 map until 1.9 comes out in a stable build and then transform a newly filled up Ark over to 1.9?

Xun

Ark said:
I guess we can play on a new 1.8.1 map until 1.9 comes out in a stable build and then transform a newly filled up Ark over to 1.9?
Up for this!

Also are there any mods for height increasing yet?

EVIL

Ark said:
sounds good

also holy shit.. server is still having problems with that explosion

Bah, finally got a chance to mess around with 1.9 Pre-release and it kind of fucks up my world around the edges of my map.

AZwVj.png

Tons of shit like that along the borders of my explored maps, mostly even taller mountains with shear faces. Not to mention I've explored an entire map's worth of land and not found a single village (before I was finding at least 2 near my spawn). Odd.

Mik2121

Bootaaay said:
Fucking :lol

Nice job Ark, I didn't bother putting anything in the ark (starting fresh FTW!)
, but I could only imagine the meltdowns had you actually lost the backup :p
Yesssss! Seems like I'm not the only one!.

I will also be starting fresh :p

Wool

I haven't been keeping up with the thread recently, so let me get it straight. You guys blew up Ark's server but it is still going to be running until 1.9? Or did you already make a 1.8 server, and you're going to restart again as soon as 1.9 starts? Is the address for the server still going to be the same? I can't connect right now.

Mik2121

rdelaney said:
I haven't been keeping up with the thread recently, so let me get it straight. You guys blew up Ark's server but it is still going to be running until 1.9? Or did you already make a 1.8 server, and you're going to restart again as soon as 1.9 starts? Is the address for the server still going to be the same? I can't connect right now.
The world is saved and will be available for download, but once 1.9 comes and bukkit updates, Ark will just create a new world and add the 'Ark' (a big boat with lots of chests with people's items inside) somewhere.

Hopefully we start with 1.9 anyway, because 1.10 has been announced too, but I don't wanna wait until then :(

Unicorn

Mik2121 said:
Yesssss! Seems like I'm not the only one!.

I will also be starting fresh :p
I'll just be starting. LOL

Yagya is my in-game name btw.

Hope to make some minecraft friends, as I haven't played multiplayer before and only know how to craft a few things in sp.

Also, so no 1.8.1 land? How soon is 1.9 supposed to hit?

bathala

Banned
Mojang should just do a 1.8 like update every 3-4 months.

Gives time to the mod community to catch up

Do pre-releases to test bugs before offical release.
Beta within a beta

Mik2121

Unicorn said:
I'll just be starting. LOL

Yagya is my in-game name btw.

Hope to make some minecraft friends, as I haven't played multiplayer before and only know how to craft a few things in sp.

Also, so no 1.8.1 land? How soon is 1.9 supposed to hit?
No 1.8.1 land. And 1.9 should be arriving pretty soon. The problem is Bukkit, they take quite a while to release the updated mods so we have to wait until then.

As for making MC friends, you shouldn't worry. Most of Minecraft GAF are nice people (bootaaay, evil, grinchy, ark, RangerX, Mirk, and pretty much all the usual posters around here, plus lots of others than don't post as much but still play in the server frequently).

Ranger X

bathala said:
Mojang should just do a 1.8 like update every 3-4 months.

Gives time to the mod community to catch up

Do pre-releases to test bugs before offical release.
Beta within a beta

Or maybe they could simply pay for 3-4 guys and test their shit out. lol

Top Bottom