• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys I asked before but no one answered. I changed email and lost my password. I can't log in my account anymore. What can I do?:|

Grinchy

Banned
Toki1776 said:
The Old Neocraft world has been trimmed and uploaded! Here's the link: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/270075/world.zip
(If anyone would like to find a better place to host it, please feel free... This was the best I could find on short notice)
Wow so did you trim it down by half of its old size? I thought I remembered reading it was over 1gb. Either way thanks. Downloading.

edit- derp, nvm of course you compressed it

Ether_Snake said:
Guys I asked before but no one answered. I changed email and lost my password. I can't log in my account anymore. What can I do?:|
http://www.minecraft.net/support
Account
Email
I forgot my email address I signed up with

I forgot the email address I signed up with for my account

You can log in to your account on www.minecraft.net/login and click on profile to see the length of the used email address as well as the first letter of the address and of the provider name.

Other than that we can't, as a security measure, take any actions in this matter.

sooo if you can't log in you might be out of luck... sorry.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That's so stupid. I even have a note of my password, but it doesn't work. I don't remember changing it later on and not taking a note of the password. I got a Mojang email from March 2011 where I asked to reset the password, and my file which has some passwords in it dates from May, so it should be good. But it always says the password is wrong. I know my user name is good, but the password doesn't match.

Mik2121

Guys... I'm not usually one to suggest an actual seed for the multiplayer world but I think I have seen what could be the BEST world from all the ones I've seen until now.

The seed is:

-7784792021452888729 (Minecraft 1.9 seed)

It's not a world populated with crazy mountains or other kind of crazy stuff, but instead has a bit of everything fairly close to each other. Around spawn there's a fairly big lake where the Ark could stay. The whole area is surrounded by small prairies to build the spawn town, and also has a couple rivers crossing around, which would make it possible to create nice riverside towns.

Close to it is also a HUGE desert area with a river and a few tiny lakes to add extra variation.

And also close to spawn but on another direction there's a small mountain range with a couple crazy mountains to build castles on top, and whatever you would want.

If you tell me how to make those maps of the world, I could make one of this. It's really incredible, and seems really easy to inhabit.

Here are a few screenshots:

qAHG2.png

The Ark could be sitting here.

STN04.png

The prairies over Spawn.

9mu4B.jpg

Interesting nature elements for the whole family!

Dd1Bk.png

Deserts AND rivers! And this is only about 1/5th of the total size of the desert.

VQ9id.png

Some of the crazy mountains range.

http://i.imgur.com/gMplI.jpg
More Lakes!

http://i.imgur.com/4S5N4.png
More prairies!

http://i.imgur.com/l2N2u.png
The Flat Peninsula! Build without worrying about landscaping!

http://i.imgur.com/5WMrz.png
I would love to have a house over there. Wouldn't you, too?!

Toki1776

Grinchy said:
Wow so did you trim it down by half of its old size? I thought I remembered reading it was over 1gb. Either way thanks. Downloading.

edit- derp, nvm of course you compressed it

Actually, I did end up trimming about 500 MB off, mostly that long trail that was three times the length of the rest of the map ;)

Jhriad

Server just rolled back what must be two hours or more in stuff we've gathered. Lost all of our work in one chunk like it never happened. That chunk happened to include all of our chests. :(

bengraven

Jhriad said:
Server just rolled back what must be two hours or more in stuff we've gathered. Lost all of our work in one chunk like it never happened. That chunk happened to include all of our chests. :(

gollum_what.png

Unicorn

Minecraft can't connect.

I'm curious if my mountain house got rolled back.

EDIT:

phew, everything is fine, aside from it raining inside.

Ashodin

Would anyone be interested in making a home on my 1.9 server?

I've got one that I wouldn't mind one or two gaffers wanting to make a home on. :)

Unicorn

I don't understand the server bitching?

We're all playing Minecraft together.

Frankly sp and sp stories bore the FUCK outta me. Who cares what happens when there is no witness. It's like hearing someone talk about their dreams. If I'm not in them, why would I want to hear about it.

Ashodin

So I'm assuming Notch is going to have to make it so that animals will only breed x number of times or something. If he's talking about animals from eggs, that is just being lazy (and not wanting to make baby animals).

Unicorn said:

Frankly sp and sp stories bore the FUCK outta me. Who cares what happens when there is no witness. It's like hearing someone talk about their dreams. If I'm not in them, why would I want to hear about it.
Well aren't you just one special motherfucker.

Emitan

Maxrpg said:
So I'm assuming Notch is going to have to make it so that animals will only breed x number of times or something. If he's talking about animals from eggs, that is just being lazy (and not wanting to make baby animals).
miscellaneous-68574.png

Can't wait for the server crashes!

Grinchy

Banned
Unicorn said:
Just to play devil's advocate, using that logic, the people who aren't on the server wouldn't want to hear about the server.

Not playing dev's av, I actually like SP and MP talk, but I know what you mean.

Kuran said:
SERVER SERVER SERVER BLAH BLAH SERVER

We should be discussing cow eggs.

Start a discussion then, or, y'know, carry on whining.

Frankly, after all the bitching today I've got no problem moving my discussions over to a NeoCraft OT and letting this thread rot.

Ark

Jhriad said:

Wtf, really? o__o

Jhriad

Ark said:
Wtf, really? o__o

Yeah. The weird thing was we stayed exactly where we were. Krovan and I just happened to be exploring an abandoned mine shaft when it happened. We logged back in to complete darkness and our mined out stairwell (and chests) leading to the mine shaft had completely disappeared.

Ark

Did the actual map reset, or just did it just roll back?

I'll do some investigating tomorrow when I get home since I don't have time between now and then to do so.

EDIT: I'll add everyone as a Citizen then too.

Emitan

Ark said:
Did the actual map reset, or just did it just roll back?

I'll do some investigating tomorrow when I get home since I don't have time between now and then to do so.

EDIT: I'll add everyone as a Citizen then too.
Some chunks got undone and people lost stuff from their inventories.

Ark

I don't really know where all this anti-server talk has come from, but let's put it to rest please.

I haven't heard anyone complain about since the server was started, until today.

Togglesworlh said:
lol bitter much

About what, exactly? I just find it amusing that the past 3 pages have been consumed by bitching about server discussion, instead of actual server discussion or the, apparently superior, discussion of sans-server gameplay. It's all Minecraft, but excuse me if I don't really see an issue with people having to skip past a few posts they don't care about.

Grinchy

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
*stumbles upon a picture of Mark Twain's house*

This.... I must build this...
just googled it

That does look really nice. Gonna take a lot of brick if I found the right picture. I don't know why I never try making real structures. Maybe I'll do that on the new map.

Zomba13

Whine Whine Whine.

Can the people whining about the server start their own topic in the comunity section or something? This thread should be about discussing minecraft and updates and what not, not whining about a server you don't play on.

celebi23

ArtistDude88 said:
*stumbles upon a picture of Mark Twain's house*

This.... I must build this...

Yeah, Mark Twain's house is pretty awesome in person. It's even more awesome inside. There's lots of really old school tech in the house. Old time telephones, telegraphs, etc. Pretty awesome place.

Bootaaay said:
About what, exactly? I just find it amusing that the past 3 pages have been consumed by bitching about server discussion, instead of actual server discussion or the, apparently superior, discussion of sans-server gameplay. It's all Minecraft, but excuse me if I don't really see an issue with people having to skip past a few posts they don't care about.
There really wasn't that much bitching. It was a couple of guys saying "Sometimes I wish the server discussion was in a different thread" and then everybody jumping down their throats like HOW FUCKING DARE YOU.

It's pretty funny.

Ranger X

Togglesworlh said:
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The thread only dies if you let it die.

Look mister, have your own experiences with the community section before telling others how it goes. Of course I know threads die because people let it die or not. If I am telling you that putting this thread in the community section will kill it, what do you think this means? I need to explain how, why, etc?

I was here when this very foum was called Gaming Age forum and bound to a videogame website. I post every single fucking day. I KNOW what generally happens here. You will learn by experience (like I already did) that the community section isn't active and threads are dying an early death over there. People stop participating when most threads are going there. I know about this trend and I don't want this thread to die. I heard that I'm saying dumb things but how ironic that I need to explain all of this to you.

Found the next big project I'm going to build
on the server
, the Lycian Tombs in Turkey which are gorgeous looking columned buildings cut directly into the side of the rock-face - looks perfect for Minecraft;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycia

There's also ruins of an Lycian amphitheatre at Patara, which got my wondering why I've never tried to build one before. Definitely going to give this a go once I jump back in
to the server

Toggelsworth said:
There really wasn't that much bitching. It was a couple of guys saying "Sometimes I wish the server discussion was in a different thread" and then everybody jumping down their throats like HOW FUCKING DARE YOU.

It's pretty funny.

Everything was perfectly civil until you waded in, calling someone's post "the dumbest shit I've ever heard". Oh, and "Well aren't you just one special motherfucker". Stay classy.

I'm really enjoying the server so far so I was wondering how I go about donating to it. And if I do donate what's the expected/normal amount to donate?

Bootaaay said:
Everything was perfectly civil until you waded in, calling someone's post "the dumbest shit I've ever heard". Oh, and "Well aren't you just one special motherfucker". Stay classy.
It actually wasn't at all, although I will admit I haven't helped things!

I also never said "dumbest shit" so stop putting words in my mouth.

But I do apologize.
Ranger X said:
Look mister, have your own experiences with the community section before telling others how it goes. Of course I know threads die because people let it die or not. If I am telling you that putting this thread in the community section will kill it, what do you think this means? I need to explain how, why, etc?

I was here when this very foum was called Gaming Age forum and bound to a videogame website, I post every single fucking day. I KNOW what generally happens here. You will learn by experience (like I already did) that the community section isn't active and threads are dying an early death over there. People stop participating when most threads are going there. I know about this trend and I don't want this thread to die. I heard that I'm saying dumb things but how ironic that I need to explain all of this.
The threads that die in there only die because the people let it die. A defeatist attitude certainly doesn't help! I also see plenty of threads in there that are very active. The Team Fortress 2 thread is on its third go. Minecraft could do similar, if the people so desired!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Maxrpg said:
Same here. But HOLY SHIT going into the Nether is scary as hell now, god help you when you find the Nether Stronghold - those flying fire shooting enemies are a bitch!
my first portal spawned me in the middle of one. i coulnt find a way out or my way back. :/

Ark said:
Togglesworlh
(Today, 11:49 PM)
Reply | Quote

All that needs to be said!
Aren't you clever. :3

I admit I acted a dumb. Shit happens. I do apologize, again, for the way I worded things. That was inappropriate.

And yet, I stand by the core of everything I said!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
bxxkZ.png

LZ8NA.jpg

nCSrA.jpg

Here's what I killed some time doing. I've got arrows and signs pointing to the village and cleared a lot of trees, can't clear the one's at spawn though, so just look for the torches nearby and when you find them just follow the arrows!

Blizzard

Banned
Unicorn said:

This seems rather a selfish and offensive thing to say. This is a videogame message forum. I feel like a large number of games have single-player components. What are people going to do? They're going to say hey, this game is cool. I had this neat experience. This was really fun! Here are some of the things I liked about playing the game.

That's from a single-player game THEY played, that YOU are not involved with. Yet isn't that appropriate for forum discussion?

Jhriad

Togglesworlh said:
The threads that die in there only die because the people let it die. A defeatist attitude certainly doesn't help! I also see plenty of threads in there that are very active. The Team Fortress 2 thread is on its third go. Minecraft could do similar, if the people so desired!

The Minecraft thread WAS in the community section and it nearly died because of it. People just don't think to check that forum for gaming stuff very often so whatever the thread is slowly drops off the front page of community until it's forgotten. Only a small number of thread can actually stick around in community because of the sheer size of the community for said topic/game.

Ranger X

Ok, quit it guys.

Those that don't like this thread will simply stop coming over. Now please stop polluting the thread, all this debate is useless and doesn't bring anything on the table.

Unicorn said:
If I'm not in them, why would I want to hear about it.

Then can you understand why people who don't play the server don't want to hear about it?

And frankly I keep hearing complaints of bitching and whining...seems to be coming from one side a lot more than the other. But hey, if the members of this thread don't want people who don't play the server, I'll just take off.

Top Bottom