• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Bootaaay said:
The trouble with a lot of these mods is that they're unnecessarily complex. I probably wouldn't bother. Now, a mod that simply removes the stupid quirks of redstone wiring? That'd be handy.

If you are asking for opinions, then I vote that the more vanilla we keep Neocraft the better. I know a lot of people want all kinds of mods. World height mods, slope mods, creature mods, etc. Just remember, more mods equals more hassle. Just look at how much trouble it is waiting for bukkit to update with every patch. Now imagine if we have to wait for a half dozen or more other mods to update as well. Not to mention the effect that a lot of mods have on server lag.

I'd much rather have a stable and dependable vanilla minecraft experience than a modded laggy frustrating one. I want to play the game, not wrestle with it. But, thats my opinion.

Toki1776

Ark said:
The PM's....they just don't stop.

Also, people need to actually PM with their Minecraft name. I don't possess any magical powers to telepathically tell what your Minecraft name is.

EDIT: Oh, Toki should make a map of what we have already ;)
Lastly:

What do people think of this mod? I know nothing about redstone so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not it'll be useful in NeoCraft.

Lol, actually already did it, last night :)

Mengy said:
If you are asking for opinions, then I vote that the more vanilla we keep Neocraft the better. I know a lot of people want all kinds of mods. World height mods, slope mods, creature mods, etc. Just remember, more mods equals more hassle. Just look at how much trouble it is waiting for bukkit to update with every patch. Now imagine if we have to wait for a half dozen or more other mods to update as well. Not to mention the effect that a lot of mods have on server lag.

I'd much rather have a stable and dependable vanilla minecraft experience than a modded laggy frustrating one. I want to play the game, not wrestle with it. But, thats my opinion.
+1

Orgun

DAYLIGHT! FINALLY!

Oh my god, after spending three real days (about 8 or 9 ingame days of playtime) stuck lost in a collapsed mine I discovered underneath my homebase, I finally found my way back to the surface and it was noon. Glorious sunlight.

I got soooo much iron that I decided to add iron bars all along my bridge, a bunch of gold, some gems, tons of string (found a spider spawner in the mine that was surrounded by cobwebs) and untold amounts of common stuff (stone, coal, wood, flint).

Phew, now for a break before I begin my plans to tidy it up a bit and take it over with a clean up operation. Which will take awhile cos the thing is like 6+ levels deep and I kept discovering new areas. Love it.

I always love checking the older posts to see people discussing things that were found in the game and not released yet, and speculating on just what they might be. The silverfish, for example.

bathala

Banned
Ark said:
What do people think of this mod? I know nothing about redstone so I'll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not it'll be useful in NeoCraft.
wow.
looking at the bottom video.

I like playing around with red wires. this mod is pretty useful

Ark

Toki1776 said:
Lol, actually already did it, last night :)

1305230076185.jpg

I would also like to mention that I absolutely LOVE the plains biome. It's going to work so well with my planned Kingdom. Challenge number one is of course finding the time to build said kingdom :lol

EDIT:

Holy balls, there's already a lot of exploring going on!

EDIT EDIT:

Donation button!

Jhriad

Ark said:

The wiring part of the mod looks like it could be really useful for folks that want to do something with redstone. Being able to put redstone on walls & ceilings is nice. Don't personally care one way or the other though as I seldom work with redstone stuff.

Ark said:
I would also like to mention that I absolutely LOVE the plains biome. It's going to work so well with my planned Kingdom. Challenge number one is of course finding the time to build said kingdom :lol

The only thing I wish is that the plains biome was actually a little flatter.

mcrae

Ark said:

Also, people need to actually PM with their Minecraft name. I don't possess any magical powers to telepathically tell what your Minecraft name is.

Lastly:

im only 5 minutes into this video but this mod seems amazing. i know on neocraft we just build drawbridges/doors/other simple stuff, but this would still allow you to build much bigger/more complicated drawbridges in less space.

the nice thing about it is that you arent forced to use it. people can if they want to create more complicated things, or not. stuff light lightbulbs can be in ceilings without having to have a 4 foot thick floor between levels.

Ark

NihonTiger90 said:
The only thing I wish is that the plains biome was actually a little flatter.

I actually really like it as it is, I can easily see myself building into the terrain as it is.

I just need to find a very large plains biome with a very nice river going through the middle of it :)

Jhriad

Ark said:
Holy balls, there's already a lot of exploring going on!

Krovan & I wanted to get out far enough that our building & mining complex wouldn't run into anyone else's projects. We didn't go too far but hopefully far enough that ppl won't be showing up on our front door soon.

Also Donated just now. :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
bengraven said:
We should make a road to the desert village!

Edit: holy shit, there are THREE desert villages in that same desert.

I think a road was started to the one desert village last night already. The dropbox map is not up to date, a lot was built after that snapshot. For example, my house isn't in the current dropbox map, but it's there on the server! Plus, I know I got lost down around the bottom of the map in a boat, and the area I was in isn't explored on the online map yet.

Anyone know why my game is running absolutely terrible? I don't read anything or follow the news on the game, and just booted it not having played for months, current version, it is running so bad.

Thanks for the help if any.

Thunderchild42

Neo Member
Ark said:

Lastly:

Ark, that mod is awesome, if not just for placing redstone wire's on blocks adjacent to one another. It greatly simplifies circuitry. The only gripe I have is that everything would break if the mod malfunctioned.

mcrae

Thunderchild42 said:
Ark, that mod is awesome, if not just for placing redstone wire's on blocks adjacent to one another. It greatly simplifies circuitry. The only gripe I have is that everything would break if the mod malfunctioned.

this is true, but the mod IS over 6 months old and a 330+page thread suggests a bit of reliability at least

Not sure about the lever placement, but here's the W.H. 2.0 mock-up so far :D

scorpscarx said:
Anyone know why my game is running absolutely terrible? I don't read anything or follow the news on the game, and just booted it not having played for months, current version, it is running so bad.

Thanks for the help if any.

Yeah, MC has been running really awful on my computer ever since the 1.8 update. I can only hope they eventually convert the game to a different code other than Java in the future...

ArtistDude88 said:

Yeah, MC has been running really awful on my computer ever since the 1.8 update. I can only hope they eventually convert the game to a different code other than Java in the future...

oh it's yours, i built a tree farm next to it, wtf does the water thing do?

Technosteve said:
oh it's yours, i built a tree farm next to it, wtf does the water thing do?

You plant wheat in the tilled soil, and once grown, release the water. The water breaks all the wheat and pushes it down to the collection area :D

Replant seeds, and repeat!

ArtistDude88 said:
You plant wheat in the tilled soil, and once grown, release the water. The water breaks all the wheat and pushes it down to the collection area :D
Freaking genius. I might have to steal that design for my SP game.

ArtistDude88 said:

Replant seeds, and repeat!

Oh...... i didn't do that.... my seeds =(

mcrae

ArtistDude88 said:

only because its still just a mock-up im going to suggest a different design:
pVms0l.jpg
(click for bigger)

-slightly more efficient (8 out of every 9 blocks are plantable, as opposed to 8 out of every 10 in your design)
-keeps slightly closer to ground (1 block higher every 8 blocks, as opposed to 1 block every 5)

just a suggestion

mandiller

The community farm is finished for all your wheat needs. It's located just outside the West Gate of the village. It's the same design as another one I saw on the server. Press the switch and the pistons release water to flood the farm, then you collect the wheat at the end.

Hosqu.jpg

lsMtu.jpg

Y4fBX.jpg

ZAQx1.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Billychu said:
My, my. Someone has been busy in the Nether...

We should team up and make a Nether base!
Thanks man, that was my Nether place. Ghast damage turned back on and it got really destroyed :(

Building in the nether with snow blocks and colored wool is something only a crazy grinch would do.

Before the damage:

Emitan

mandiller said:
Where's the nether portal?
There's a portal in my own personal mine. I'll probably move it somewhere else so others can use it, too. I don't think very many people have obsidian yet.

Emitan

Grinchy said:
wait...

so you made a portal on the new map and it put you in the nether from our old map?
Yes. The nether is saved differently, I think. So the game is using the old Nether. Which means when I exited the Nether from the portal near your base... I just made a lot of unnecessary chunks! Whoops!

Grinchy

Banned
Billychu said:
Yes. The nether is saved differently, I think. So the game is using the old Nether. Which means when I exited the Nether from the portal near your base... I just made a lot of unnecessary chunks! Whoops!

I wonder how that will effect the new Nether stuff. Other people built in the old nether too, so if a large area is already covered, it might take some exploring to find a stronghold.

Top Bottom