• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Emitan

Grinchy said:
I wonder how that will effect the new Nether stuff. Other people built in the old nether too, so if a large area is already covered, it might take some exploring to find a stronghold.
It may be possible to just delete the old Nether and it would generate a brand new one.

mcrae said:
only because its still just a mock-up im going to suggest a different design

-slightly more efficient (8 out of every 9 blocks are plantable, as opposed to 8 out of every 10 in your design)
-keeps slightly closer to ground (1 block higher every 8 blocks, as opposed to 1 block every 5)

just a suggestion

I like it, but I like having my spaces to walk. Especially if I bring it to the server because some people don't know about sneaking over tilled soil :| Smaller tiers for me!

mandiller said:
The community farm is finished for all your wheat needs. It's located just outside the West Gate of the village. It's the same design as another one I saw on the server. Press the switch and the pistons release water to flood the farm, then you collect the wheat at the end.

I saw it! It was nice :)

mandiller said:
The community farm is finished for all your wheat needs. It's located just outside the West Gate of the village. It's the same design as another one I saw on the server. Press the switch and the pistons release water to flood the farm, then you collect the wheat at the end.
So that's what that was. And here I've been doing it the non-mechanical way like a sucker.

mcrae

ArtistDude88 said:
I like it, but I like having my spaces to walk. Especially if I bring it to the server because some people don't know about sneaking over tilled soil :| Smaller tiers for me!

oh, thats what the row of torches are for. you walk on them and they provide light during night time to encourage growth.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
y1yf7.png

Need a project to use all my materials on...

Professor Beef said:
I'm gonna log on once my blood is done boiling. Two hours of exploring, and all I found was one stinking diamond. Oh, but I got two stacks of redstone!

:|

You also almost drowned me while I was down mining so that's a plus. :)

CrAzYLeGzLU said:
You also almost drowned me while I was down mining so that's a plus. :)
That's the danger of mining near my home. Water and lava could come rushing down at any moment.

Yes, lava. I have a lava trash can in my home.

Emitan

Professor Beef said:
That's the danger of mining near my home. Water and lava could come rushing down at any moment.

Yes, lava. I have a lava trash can in my home.
I just put stuff in a chest at the front of the city. Free cobblestone for everyone!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Grinchy said:
wait...

so you made a portal on the new map and it put you in the nether from our old map?

So, wait a minute, we started a whole new map for Neocraft but the nether is still from the old server map? How is that even possible? Don't we want the nether wiped clean too? Heck, instead of building an Ark and having Ark transplant it over we should have just built a huge cobble vault in the nether and stored all of our stuff there...

Emitan

Technosteve said:
RaptorBill FYI i am going to wire the mine up so we can flood it, i think we can farm obsidian that way.
Excellent. I have plenty of redstone to spare if you need any.

I need to start using iron picks again. My diamond one is getting low :/

Ark

Mengy said:
So, wait a minute, we started a whole new map for Neocraft but the nether is still from the old server map? How is that even possible? Don't we want the nether wiped clean too? Heck, instead of building an Ark and having Ark transplant it over we should have just built a huge cobble vault in the nether and stored all of our stuff there...

:lol It would appear so!

EVIL

Someone build a portal at the pioneer warp, I removed it. a portal does not fit a simple village If you want to go to the nether use the other portals (one at the mountain on the opposite side of the city) Also my wife placed signs at every house that breaks the style, and violates the building codes put up at the warp. use wood, cut wood, and cobble ONLY!, glass windows are fine, but don't make them larger then 2x2 all houses should be single story buildings. You are allowed to make a basement, but remember, Vas will probably burrow trough it and connect you to the community mine.

oh and there where people complaining about blocks missing. That would be the endermen, I spotted one pulling a block from someones home. Once it has the block and you kill it, you don't get the block back so I think I "repaired" the damage with either wood or dirt

Wichu

Ooh, buffs. At least, the timers make it seem they're temporary. Maybe they'll be obtained using potions stored in those bottles he has?

mcrae

So I'm stuck in the town well as a visitor, would anyone be willing to add a ladder or two to the inside of it so I can climb out?

Vlad

gutabo said:

Wow, nice stuff.

What's interesting is that I first assumed that the "speed", "strength", etc. stuff was related to the bonuses you get from leveling up.

However, the fact that there's a time of some sort on them and there's a bottle in the inventory makes me think that there's going to be craftable potions that give temporary boosts to various abilities.

Which also makes me wonder what the heck they're going to be doing for leveling. Maybe they effect the same stats, but leveling gives a permanent boost while the potions are for an extra kick?

Wichu

Vlad said:
Which also makes me wonder what the heck they're going to be doing for leveling. Maybe they effect the same stats, but leveling gives a permanent boost while the potions are for an extra kick?
Leveling isn't permanent AFAIK - like items, you lose all your exp when you die. You could store potions in chests to get a head start if you lose your exp.

gutabo

For the new page: New image posted by Jeb, with the message "This will probably ->NOT<- be included in Beta 1.9, but it's a nice screenshot:"
5DuSLsfb

Vlad

Wichu said:
Leveling isn't permanent AFAIK - like items, you lose all your exp when you die. You could store potions in chests to get a head start if you lose your exp.

Well, yeah. I meant "permanent" as in "no time limit".

Maybe you do get those buffs when you level up, but they're temporary because you level up so fast. So there won't actually be numbered "levels" but whenever you get enough experience, you can buy a temporary buff.

Orlandu84

Having any kind of leveling system in Minecraft is an improvement for me! Perhaps the buffs could be food dependent? As in you buff for a certain time, but doing so requires consuming more food. Experience and leveling would unlock the buffs, and food would power them. Just randomly hypothesizing.

Jhriad said:
So glad I found a mod to get rid of the void fog. That crap is annoying as hell.

Same here. Worst idea since having to make everything brighter the deeper you went in order to stop the mobs spawning.

Edit: Ooooh .. water breathing!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Acullis said:
Potions? Alchemy? Buffs?

I like.

That screenshot is very interesting. I wonder how they are going to implement it. I mean, will the alchemy recipes use current materials in the game or are they going to add more flowers and herbs and other items to the world? (and will all of this require a new map again?) Will we make potions from the workbench or will there be a specific alchemy table block? I wonder how you make jars?

I wish this was for 1.9. I see that water breathing buff being the most used by far, lol. Finally something to open up the depths of the new ocean biomes for exploration. Combined with jack o lanterns for light, I see me spending a whole lot of time building on the ocean floor really soon....

Vlad

Acullis said:
:O Item repairing, yes! If we can repair diamond items without expending more diamonds... the implications.....

If anything, I'm guessing it'll be like the MCMMO mod...

In that mod, you could use an iron block as an anvil. Once you place it, you could right click with any iron, gold, or diamond armor or tool and it would use one of the respective ingots/gems from your inventory to replenish some of the durability. Initially you didn't get much back per ingot (it was probably about the same as the cost of just making a new tool/armor), but the more you used it, the more efficient each repairing action got, until you could eventually fully repair a diamond breastplate for a diamond or two.

Mengy said:
That screenshot is very interesting. I wonder how they are going to implement it. I mean, will the alchemy recipes use current materials in the game or are they going to add more flowers and herbs and other items to the world? (and will all of this require a new map again?) Will we make potions from the workbench or will there be a specific alchemy table block? I wonder how you make jars?

I wish this was for 1.9. I see that water breathing buff being the most used by far, lol. Finally something to open up the depths of the new ocean biomes for exploration. Combined with jack o lanterns for light, I see me spending a whole lot of time building on the ocean floor really soon....
I really hope it just uses items already in the game. Give more uses to the different materials.

Both types of mushrooms, both flowers, cactus, leaves, seeds, wheat, sugarcane/sugar, bones/bonemeal, rotten flesh and ender pearls would make fine ingredients. Mix and match at a new alchemy table or maybe a couple simple potions can be made in your inventory.

Vlad said:
If anything, I'm guessing it'll be like the MCMMO mod...

In that mod, you could use an iron block as an anvil. Once you place it, you could right click with any iron, gold, or diamond armor or tool and it would use one of the respective ingots/gems from your inventory to replenish some of the durability. Initially you didn't get much back per ingot (it was probably about the same as the cost of just making a new tool/armor), but the more you used it, the more efficient each repairing action got, until you could eventually fully repair a diamond breastplate for a diamond or two.
Reparing (sic), it sounds too cool

I really hope he does add new kinds of crafting tables, but so far we've seen no evidence for alchemy OR smithing tables. I always envisioned different "tables" like a loom for making carpets, drapes, flags and such out of wool. Or an anvil for hammering ingots into shapes to make them more efficient. Or an oven that only cooks food, but quickly and efficiently. And, of course, an alchemy table that makes 'magic' items.

cbox

Server related

I've been playing with a small group of people off a server my friend hosts.. Some moron decided to light an entire forest on fire and now we can't connect to the game. Our minecrafts freeze on startup, any ideas how to fix this??

Ark

ConvenientBox said:
Server related

I've been playing with a small group of people off a server my friend hosts.. Some moron decided to light an entire forest on fire and now we can't connect to the game. Our minecrafts freeze on startup, any ideas how to fix this??

Open up the world file in MCEdit and remove the fire/trees/chunks then re-upload the world file to where ever your hosting/etc.

Also, lol @ Liz & Evil taking iron fist control over Pioneer town :p

I've had some incredible brainwaves for my kingdom. I just wish the 1.8 world would sync with a 1.9 world.

Yesssssssssssss they are now doing exactly what I wanted second-most. BUFFS.

Next up: permanent buffs from equipment found in dungeons/strongholds/whatever, like Terraria. I want rocket boots and clouds-in-bottles and special bows that shoot fire arrows and swords that have longer range and ball-and-chains and and anddddddddddddddddd.

Only thing I'd be worried about in regards to above is how player death works in Minecraft. Losing those rare one-of-a-kind items because I fell in lava would be disheartening. Hmmm.

bengraven

What I'm excited about is this new innovation of creating items IN game.

Stack two snow, then a pumpkin on top to create a snowman, for example.

This would create an all new dimension to creating things in Minecraft.

Top Bottom