• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Kuran

Banned
mandiller said:
http://i.imgur.com/sig1n.jpg
Stupid squid, get out of there!

That's... terrifying!

Juravsky said:

Since when does he 'work' on a Saturday?

Looks awesome. I also wish random loot/treasure would have a chance of having permanent status effects/curses.

Jhriad said:
Just curious if you were going to be able to do citizen stuff today.

Why, is there an update scheduled for today?!

Juravsky said:
From Notch's twitter:
yA2DD.png
Haha awesome he used the Commander Keen alien alphabet.

I really like how potions worked in that Potions mod. Hopefully Jeb doesn't change the system too much from that. Also, enchantments seem like a fun, neat way to do it. Like you're some guy who found a magical book, but has no idea how the fuck to use it.

Enco

Xun said:
Would be good.

I just don't see that happening because of how stubborn Notch is.

Java is the reason it runs bad on a lot of perfectly capable machines.
He better not start in Minecraft 2 any time soon. Fix the first one first.

I agree that he's too stubborn for his own good though.

mcrae

Treefingers said:
Just wanted to make sure more people know this, but passive mobs no longer spawn only on grass (since 1.8). They can spawn on any solid block now, but they spawn on the highest one (ie. one that can see the sky). So to truly prevent mobs from spawning in there you would have to put a roof over the whole thing :p

welp, fuck that. hm

Grinchy

Banned
bengraven said:
So this is my chunk issue:
Wow that is really crappy, man. I must have gotten really lucky in my 1.8 world when I updated to 1.9 to generate new chunks. I checked 3 of the 4 sides of the square that I let myself explore and they all went right over to new terrain without any of the crazy cliffs or anything. 3/4 was good enough for me, so I didn't check the 4th side.

Zomba13 said:
Enchantment?

ENCHANTMENT!
lmao you bastard I was just about to post that

Togglesworlh said:

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen in the history of anything ever, and ever. Does this mean that Commander Keen takes place in the same universe? I think so.

TheCongressman1 said:
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen in the history of anything ever, and ever. Does this mean that Commander Keen takes place in the same universe? I think so.
I hope he adds a Dopefish mob to the ocean. X:

Pirabear

Banned
So the only thing keeping me from buying Minecraft is some rumor I heard over a year ago about how you would be charged for every update if you weren't part of Alpha. Does that hold any semblance of truth to it?

CreativeSK

Neo Member
Luminate said:
So the only thing keeping me from buying Minecraft is some rumor I heard over a year ago about how you would be charged for every update if you weren't part of Alpha. Does that hold any semblance of truth to it?

That's not true at all, once you buy the game all updates are free. ( I bought the game in the beta stage)

fresquito

Luminate said:
Alpha users (me :-D) will get everything Minecraft for free. Beta users will have to pay for possible expansions, not updates.

CreativeSK said:
That's not true at all, once you buy the game all updates are free. ( I bought the game in the beta stage)
He never said this.

He said people who bought beta may or may not be charged for expansions.

Ark

KidGalactus said:
Does anybody know what happened to Mirk's server?

I'm going to assume he closed it now that NeoCraft is running 1.8.1.

Ok guys, tomorrow I'm bringing the Ark over. I've just had a pretty shitty evening so I'm just gunna power work everything I need to do tomorrow (strange how my mind works).

Sye d'Burns

Luminate said:

The Word of Notch said:
Minecraft Beta: December 20, 2010
The next epoch is upon us! The skies are trembling, pigs are growing wings, and the nether is turning awfully cold, as Minecraft slowly crawls out of Alpha..

Minecraft will reach Beta status on December 20th, 2010.

With Beta comes a larger focus on polish and content, and we’ll start early on with adding proper modding support with a stable API, and we’d love all input we can get on this from the modders out there. We’ll also add some kind of non-intrusive narrative to the game to help drive the game experience early on, and to provide some kind of late game goal. There will be a bigger focus on testing and stability as well, with more time between updates.

When the game enters beta, the price will rise to 14.95 Euro.

We will also change the license to remove the line that promises all future versions of the game for free. Please note that this change only affects people who buy the game after December 20, so if you got the game for during alpha, you will still get all future updates for free, despite this change. A promise is a promise.
Buying the game during beta will include all updates up until release, of course, and bug patches will be free.

Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free.

And the next game update (with server-side inventory) is coming next week, before Beta

Merry holidays happy! :D

posted 9 months ago

For what it's worth

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Togglesworlh said:
You know, both Bethesda and id are currently owned by the same company. Now, if Bethesda's Layers are suing over the use of the word scroll, well...

Drkirby said:
You know, both Bethesda and id are currently owned by the same company. Now, if Bethesda's Layers are suing over the use of the word scroll, well...

Hahahaha, that's priceless. Notch shouldn't be playing so close to the fire. Although, I doubt anyone will care. It's not like they are making any money off Keen.

Ashodin

Hey just a reminder, if you gaffers want to play on a 1.9.2 beta server, I've got one up and running you can build a nice little community with us on.

It's our little server, PM me for the IP!

Ark

Maxrpg said:
Hey just a reminder, if you gaffers want to play on a 1.9.2 beta server, I've got one up and running you can build a nice little community with us on.

It's our little server, PM me for the IP!

Grumble grumble server talk grumble grumble

Ark

Well this is ... interesting. Every time I load up the server map into MCEdit it just comes up with a monster spawner with an MC person head next to it. Anyone know what might be up? My MCEdit knowledge is very basic at best :l

bengraven

Ark said:
Well this is ... interesting. Every time I load up the server map into MCEdit it just comes up with a monster spawner with an MC person head next to it. Anyone know what might be up? My MCEdit knowledge is very basic at best :l

Wow, for once I can answer this for you!

The player spawn point is a monster spawner with Steve's head on it.

Ark said:
I'd be surprised. If anything it's as if Mojang are marketing Quake in Minecraft :p

haha, no shit.

Ark

bengraven said:
Wow, for once I can answer this for you!

The player spawn point is a monster spawner with Steve's head on it.

Yes yes, but it isn't loading the actual map itself. All I have is a blue void with a spawner and a steve head.

N-Bomb

onken said:
Yeah gotta be fake, you can't blow up bedrock. Must have used a tool just to remove a few giant spheres of blocks. Still an awesome looking crater though!

Ion Cannon from hmod was able to put holes in bedrock. :\

I've decided to make a copy of my main world from over the last year (in which I invested hundreds of hundreds of hours), and use MCEdit to replace all water and flowing water with lava, and in the Nether all lava and flowing lava with water, just to see what its like.

Even with my sufficiently advanced CPU, its certainly taking its time to do.

Ha just replacing all the water with lava on my world took thirty minutes of the MCEdit process being non-responsive and consuming gigabytes of RAM. Now its taking (an expected) one hour twenty minutes to save the file. That's with an i7.

Emitan

Mama Robotnik said:
Ha just replacing all the water with lava on my world took thirty minutes of the MCEdit process being non-responsive and consuming gigabytes of RAM. Now its taking (an expected) one hour twenty minutes to save the file. That's with an i7.
Is it overclocked?

Mama Robotnik said:

I wanna see pictures of this waterified Nether when you're done!

Billychu said:
Is it overclocked?
Nope. Its an i7 950 3.06 with 4GB of DDR3. I've never found any process that required overclocking, at least until now.
EskimoJoe said:
I wanna see pictures of this waterified Nether when you're done!
That's the next step. Am saving the main world first, then I'll go into the Nether on MC Edit and do the same. Given how much lava is there, its going to take a loooooong time.

I'll post pictures though!

Emitan

Mama Robotnik said:
Nope. Its an i7 950 3.06 with 4GB of DDR3. I've never found any process that required overclocking, at least until now.
Same specs as me then. I want to try MCEdit now just to see how my processor holds up.

Ashodin

My 1.9.2 server is hoppin with Gaffers! If you want to play with the new stuff we can accomodate you!

Just no griefing. Or you'll be banned. KTHX!

PM for server info.

Ark

Can't get MCEdit to work at all, I'm going to try with my OS X partition, if that doesn't work I'm gunna have to outsource it to the masses (this thread :p).

Top Bottom