• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Jasoco

Banned
GOD DAMMIT! IT'S "YOU'RE", NOT "YOUR"! FUCKING HELL, REDDIT!

Sorry. I don't know what came over me.. FUCK GOD DAMMIT STUPID IDIOTS!! *cough*

But I lol'd at the title.

Fou-Lu

I love this game so much; it's really fun to play with a group of friends; although, one of my friends keeps trying to secretly plant dynamite under anything the rest of us build.

Considering building a complex in my single player game with all the farms and shit. Also wolves; lots of wolves.

Rapstah

Jasoco said:
GOD DAMMIT! IT'S "YOU'RE", NOT "YOUR"! FUCKING HELL, REDDIT!

Sorry. I don't know what came over me.. FUCK GOD DAMMIT STUPID IDIOTS!! *cough*

But I lol'd at the title.
Might be a pun. I've taken all the materials from my mine... now your mine!

b0neshank said:
If anyone is wanting a good island map use the seed:

beat box

It will create a island that spawns a single tree and has no visable larger land masses (actually I still haven't found anything above ground other than the island.) Under the island you will find mines that will assist you with food and wood (from chests and support beams.) It is actually pretty impressive of how isolated you feel with this map.

Not working in 1.9. Is a 1.8 seed?

Edit: Yes, seems a 1.8 seed. It's a pity, I loved the idea.

mcrae

TfFHW.jpg

next build? lol its the first thing i thought of when i saw the picture.

seriously though, when someone mentioned the word 'complex' a couple posts up, the first thing that came to mind was the complex level in goldeneye. contemplating re-creating it in minecraft.

mcrae said:
seriously though, when someone mentioned the word 'complex' a couple posts up, the first thing that came to mind was the complex level in goldeneye. contemplating re-creating it in minecraft.

o_O

That would be amazing.

Blizzard

Banned
mcrae said:
http://i.imgur.com/TfFHW.jpg

next build? lol its the first thing i thought of when i saw the picture.

Welp, that looks like a good Mirror's Edge custom map project! ...except that there wouldn't really be a good way to run since it's so vertical.

CreativeSK

Neo Member
mcrae said:

This has to be done! :D

trinest

He should put multiple things in those pictures, like obviously the thing he wants us to see, but include something simple and basic which you can go "lol thats a new flower texture" or something.

So, I was thinking of something that might be neat to do in this thread. What if someone started some sort of Themed Building Contest. It could be, like, a weekly ordeal, where someone says "Everyone who wants to participate, build something like this." Then we all take our own, unique crack at it, and vote on who's is the best.

It would really help anyone who's at that "what the hell should I do know?" stage in minecraft, where I constantly find myself stuck. I'd love a contest like this, although I wouldn't know how to get something like that going, or whether I'd be up to the task of running it. Maybe, though...

mcrae

EskimoJoe said:
So, I was thinking of something that might be neat to do in this thread. What if someone started some sort of Themed Building Contest. It could be, like, a weekly ordeal, where someone says "Everyone who wants to participate, build something like this." Then we all take our own, unique crack at it, and vote on who's is the best.

It would really help anyone who's at that "what the hell should I do know?" stage in minecraft, where I constantly find myself stuck. I'd love a contest like this, although I wouldn't know how to get something like that going, or whether I'd be up to the task of running it. Maybe, though...

pretty cool idea. if you have an idea for the first theme might as well post it up. give 2 weeks at a time, re-post it at the top of every 100 post page to make sure people know. if it doesnt work it doesnt work.

Vlad

Yeah, so there's cauldrons, brewing stands, and enchantment tables in this version... have no idea how any of them work so far or even how to make 'em yet (just plucked them from the creative menu).

Animal breeding works a little differently now. Feeding two of the same animals wheat makes them produce a baby animal (the big-headed things from the earlier picture). In what looks to be a nice balance change from the last version, you can't make the parents re-breed immediately. From what I can tell, they'll follow their baby around exclusively and completely ignore you, even if you've got wheat in your hand.

Vlad

TheCongressman1 said:
Download link, plox?

Right Here

Got a couple of the crafting recipes down...

Enchantment table: The bottom row is all obsidian. middle row is diamond, obsidian, diamond, top row is just a book in the middle.

Cauldron is an iron U. Just do the iron pants recipe upside down.

I really can't wait for the official release when they will, hopefully, change the biome code. I hate that every world I've made since he beginning of the 1.9 prereleases has been 80% swamp.

Vlad

fresquito said:
Odd. I have tried different worlds and none of them had snow.

I don't have the seed for it any more, but one of the worlds I created in Prerelease 2 had couple massive snow biomes. Haven't seen any in the short time with this release, though.

bengraven

Oh man, 1.9 is going to rock. I guess it really IS the other half of the Adventure Update.

Also, I really want to find a stronghold. :(

New shit looks cool

There's special new blocks and they create "Air Portals" according to the code... doesn't do anything right now though. Servers also now load a third level and there's a couple of new white blocks in the terrain PNG files. Looks like the Sky Realm is gearing up to release finally (1.10 maybe?)

bengraven said:
Oh man, 1.9 is going to rock. I guess it really IS the other half of the Adventure Update.

Also, I really want to find a stronghold. :(
Jeb accidentally left the debug pillars in for Strongholds in 1.9 Pre 3... basically you can find a tall column of glass in your world, if you break it and dig to the bottom it will lead to a Stronghold (I guess so he could find one easily for testing purposes).

bengraven

Here's a video of the "black stuff"

Houston3000 said:
New shit looks cool

There's special new blocks and they create "Air Portals" according to the code... doesn't do anything right now though. Servers also now load a third level and there's a couple of new white blocks in the terrain PNG files. Looks like the Sky Realm is gearing up to release finally (1.10 maybe?)

Jeb accidentally left the debug pillars in for Strongholds in 1.9 Pre 3... basically you can find a tall column of glass in your world, if you break it and dig to the bottom it will lead to a Stronghold (I guess so he could find one easily for testing purposes).

Well looks like I'm going to cheat a stronghold into a world. ha

Xun

Houston3000 said:
New shit looks cool

Hoping for marble.

Also the black stuff looks strange!

Thought I would shove 1.9.3 on my PC since I am not going on Ark's server at the moment (waiting till we can fully explore the map and start doing projects). Anyway on firing it up I saw this :-

XsCNA.jpg

Anyone else have a number 6 near the health/hunger bar ? or some other number. Better still anyone know what it could possibly be indicating ?

LiamExe

CharmingCharlie said:
Thought I would shove 1.9.3 on my PC since I am not going on Ark's server at the moment (waiting till we can fully explore the map and start doing projects). Anyway on firing it up I saw this :-

XsCNA.jpg

Anyone else have a number 6 near the health/hunger bar ? or some other number. Better still anyone know what it could possibly be indicating ?
Current level would be my guess, since it's near the exp bar. But who knows. :O

LiamExe said:
Current level would be my guess, since it's near the exp bar. But who knows. :O

Hm you could be right, I just loaded an older singleplayer game I had floating around and the number is 49 so it could very well be "current experience level".

Xun

CharmingCharlie said:
Hm you could be right, I just loaded an older singleplayer game I had floating around and the number is 49 so it could very well be "current experience level".
That's my guess as well.

It would make sense.

EskimoJoe said:
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. To confirm, craft an enchantment table and enchant something. Should go down.
Yep just crafted an enchantment table and enchanted a diamond sword and axe and no longer have the 6 on my HUD. Ah well another mystery solved.

bengraven

I'm calling it now, btw:

the "goop" is going to be the "bedrock" of the sky dimension.

Although if we can PLACE it, I really want to make a Hogwarts great hall now.

Dmented

Banned
bengraven said:
I'm calling it now, btw:

the "goop" is going to be the "bedrock" of the sky dimension.

Although if we can PLACE it, I really want to make a Hogwarts great hall now.
I think the goop is just the portal. Like how the nether's portal is purple and swirly. The skyworld's is that goop.

Which will go in the middle of this: http://i.imgur.com/Y0a4r.jpg

The goop cannot be placed vertically, it can only be placed horizontally like how the blue stuff is positioned though.

Top Bottom