• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

IceMarker

I haven't touched MC since 1.7, still waiting on 1.9 to jump back in, I want the entire Adventure Update on my screen when I return. Seems I made a good choice too, a lot of bugs, incomplete features, and other minor things (like silverfish spawners still on in peaceful) make it easier for me to wait while you guys beta test a beta test version. ;o

BlueLegs

All these updates in succession make me wonder what Notch has been doing with all his time since last Halloween. I have not been this excited for MC in a long time.

Pandaman said:
agh, silverfish what the fuck.

i found a stronghold and turned off peaceful to see if monsters spawned in them and it rained silverfish. what the hell notch.
I've been killed by Silverfish sooo many times on Neocraft. Easily the most overpowered creature in the game.

Lazlo Woodbine said:
I've been killed by Silverfish sooo many times on Neocraft. Easily the most overpowered creature in the game.

Not for lo-oooong. They will come from the skies and we will alllll burrrrrrn.

Seriously, I will be disappointed if the dragons aren't devastating
EDIT: keyboard had a freakout, originally post showed up near-blank.

Kulock said:
It bugs me how Minecraft Wiki buries the new features in the "Upcoming Features" section, not bothering to separate what's clearly different over the last version. And why not list the Previews on the Version List? It's pretty obvious by now they're actual, officially leaked testing previews than any accident.
There's a new page called "Development Versions" now that lists the difference between tge prereleases.

notsol337

marked forever
POCKET EDITION YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Seriously, I hope that drops today. I want the pocket edition more than I want into the Diablo III beta.

MrMister said:
I haven't touched MC since 1.7, still waiting on 1.9 to jump back in, I want the entire Adventure Update on my screen when I return. Seems I made a good choice too, a lot of bugs, incomplete features, and other minor things (like silverfish spawners still on in peaceful) make it easier for me to wait while you guys beta test a beta test version. ;o
Jumping straight from 1.7.3 to 1.9 (or whatever version is finally released when they code freeze soon) is going to be huge. At this point I all these patches and prereleases are blending together in my head.

• New fractal based Biome generation (larger, more seamless biomes with increased world height)
  • Mountain, Swamp, River, Mushroom, and Ocean Biomes (giant mushrooms, vines, lily pads, murky water, dark grass, mycelium glass, etc)
  • New Creative game mode and Hardcore game mode
  • Ravines, Strongholds, Abandoned Mineshafts, and NPC Villages
  • Nether now has castles, dungeons/ruins, bridges, and mob spawners
  • New combat mechanics - Blocking, Critical Hits, Jumping Strikes, Sprinting, Charging Strikes, and Bow Charging.
  • Experience points and leveling system
  • New food system with recharging health and food meter (melon slices, steaks and chicken added plus all food stacks)
  • Baby animals and animal breeding
  • Potion brewing with hundreds of possible potion combinations
  • Enchanting system based on player levels
  • Item repair system and increased armor durability
  • Enderman, Cave Spiders, Silverfish, Magma Cubes, Blaze, and Enderdragon (?) mobs
  • Villagers and Mooshroom Cow passive NPCs
  • Ender Pearls, Blaze Rods, Ghast Tears, Spider Eyes, Fermented Spider Eyes, Magma Cream, Blaze Powder, Rotten Flesh, Nether Wart, Gold Nuggets, Glass Bottles, 9 new music discs, and Eye of Ender items plus all the potions
  • Stone bricks, stone brick stairs & slabs, mossy & cracked stone brick, brick stairs & slabs, fence gates, glass panes, iron bars, crystal block, ender goo, and nether bricks/stairs/fences
  • Enchanting Table, Brewing Stand, and Iron Cauldron crafting items
  • Farmable Melons and Pumpkins
  • Pressure plates can be placed on fences to make tables. Chests now open in 3D
  • Fences, glass panes, and iron bars dynamically attach to surrounding blocks.
  • Cobwebs, non-despawning leaf blocks, dripping water/lava
  • Vastly improved lighting - seamless transitions from day to night and flicker effects with colored lighting. Plus new particle effects for explosions, critical hits, and charged arrows.
  • "Craftable" Snow Golem companions that throw snowballs
  • Tons of new and improved sound effects (Minecart, Shears, Slimes, etc)

There's tons more, the list just kind of blows my mind. Considering the 1.7 change log was basically...
  • Added Pistons and Shears
  • Can now stack fences
  • Repeaters can attach to Redstone

notsol337 said:
POCKET EDITION YESS

Seriously, I hope that drops today. I want the pocket edition more than I want into the Diablo III beta.
Apparently will run on Samsung Galaxy S and coming out within the next few hours.

Will Buy

kottila

I don't think I've played since 1.1.something, so when i finally jump back in, it would probably feel like a completely new game

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
kottila said:
I don't think I've played since 1.1.something, so when i finally jump back in, it would probably feel like a completely new game

Holy Shit. Welcome to Minecraft kottila, the game is entirely new for you!!!

Ark said:
I'll give it another go, if that fails, I'll hang my head in shame and PM you :p

With MCEdit? Yes :) To be fair, I did actually install VoxelSniper, but I never figured out how to use the damn thing. It would just never work.

In super-awesome good news, I finally worked out how to use the FTP to the server .... turns out I had the wrong FTP client (LOL, I'm so good at this). So the Nether is now reset, and will be reset again come 1.9 (for obvious reasons). This also means I can upload more mods, should we desire :eek:

No, I mean VS - you can transfer parts of a map across if you wish. I just find it easier because it's in-game, real time and efficient, but each to his own!

Also,

http://imgur.com/a/59H3o

2DtYw.jpg

He should make the Dragon's tameable. Drop steaks all over, and it will land and eat them. Then sneak up behind it and drop a saddle on it. You can fly it, but once you land it will turn against you.

Ramma2

mcrae said:
TfFHW.jpg

next build? lol its the first thing i thought of when i saw the picture.

seriously though, when someone mentioned the word 'complex' a couple posts up, the first thing that came to mind was the complex level in goldeneye. contemplating re-creating it in minecraft.

cNYmv.jpg

Mik2121

Yeah, that dragon is still missing his texture. It would be nice if he could get a bunch of textures ready for different dragons (fire, water, earth, metal, black, white, etc..). Maybe one small texture set for it, since it's probably a very big mob.

Have him appear in certain strongholds or, for example red/fire dragons that have medium chances of showing up near lava sources, etc etc.. It could be a lot of fun if they had collectables or even better, DRAGON SCALE ARMOR! (and other tools). It would be.. amazing :_____)

Ramma2

Mik2121 said:
Yeah, that dragon is still missing his texture. It would be nice if he could get a bunch of textures ready for different dragons (fire, water, earth, metal, black, white, etc..). Maybe one small texture set for it, since it's probably a very big mob.

Have him appear in certain strongholds or, for example red/fire dragons that have medium chances of showing up near lava sources, etc etc.. It could be a lot of fun if they had collectables or even better, DRAGON SCALE ARMOR! (and other tools). It would be.. amazing :_____)

How great would it be to come up to a NPC village and see that shit just getting burned to the ground by a massive dragon.

Drazgul

Ramma2 said:
How great would it be to come up to a NPC village and see that shit just getting burned to the ground by a massive dragon.

Not quite as great as coming up to a NPC village while riding a dragon, then ordering it to burn the whole thing down.

Kuran

Banned
notsol337 said:
The dragons aren't a week late with no update on progress. D:
Plus, it's a different team working on the pocket edition.

Didn't realize you were talking about the Android App, oops!

notsol337

marked forever
It is just creative mode, but I really want to play minecraft on my ASUS EEE Pad at work. Also my Thunderbolt. The point is, I don't have a laptop and I want to MC at work. Retail is pretty awful when there's no customers in the store and there's no store work to do. I'm a complete phone snob, and I almost got a freakin' Xperia Play just for MC.

bengraven

What's the point of the cauldrons?

I made one, but could only pour water into one. I thought the cauldrons were the alchemy "tables" but I was wrong.

Also, I can't find a fucking blaze rod.

Ashodin

bengraven said:
What's the point of the cauldrons?

I made one, but could only pour water into one. I thought the cauldrons were the alchemy "tables" but I was wrong.

Also, I can't find a fucking blaze rod.
Kill these fuckers?
Blaze.png

They live in Strongholds in the Nether.

Top Bottom