• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Jhriad

painey said:
where do i find the gaf 1.8 server?

Neocraft is the 1.81 server. It's in the second or third post on the first page. Just quote the post to see the ip.

Remember not to explore too far as we're trying to limit this map to the current boundaries.

upandaway

Togglesworlh said:
If anything, mushroom forests should be underground.

Although there's no reason they can't be everywhere. Even the nether.
Small mushrooms yeah, but as far as those huge rainbow fun time Wonderland-inspired, with pink ground mushrooms go, I can only really see them in the clouds.

painey

Jhriad said:
Neocraft is the 1.81 server. It's in the second or third post on the first page. Just quote the post to see the ip.

cheers, the OP says its 1.7 so I guess it just hasnt been updated.

Woorloog

Banned
*checks MC wiki due all the new stuff like "goop" and enchanting in this thread*
There's 1.10 already planned? And we in, what, 1.81?
I'll wait till full version before i start playing. If i have time, damn Novemeber being favored release month...
Maybe i can draw inspiration from Skyrim?

Dmented said:
Screenshot of what I mean:

I'm guessing this is on the right track. Portal to sky dimension will be hidden, so you have to look for it. But then again, why is there lava under those things whenever you find them in dungeons. Doesn't make much sense for the portal to dump you out over lava.

bengraven

Do save files have to be in a certain name format?

I have all my backups of old save files and server worlds, but none show up on the world list.

So, I found a underwater dungeon.
6217825217_c2e7eea37d_z.jpg

6218346212_3a2923a8cd_z.jpg

I decided I was going to plug it up and make it a hideout, when I noticed this...

6217825279_be2b2ef321_z.jpg

Little droplets form on the ceiling when you are underwater! That is new to this version, right? I've never seen this before.

TheCongressman1 said:
Little droplets form on the ceiling when you are underwater! That is new to this version, right? I've never seen this before.

It was in the second pre-release, too. I think lava does it, also.

Ashodin

Our server is upgraded to Prerelease 3. If any of you gaffers who venture on there, please upgrade before joining! THX! Potions are being made in the kitchen.

According to Minecraftwiki, it's confirmed that those will be Air World Portals. FYI, you can use Ender Eyes to fix the broken looking ones. Doesn't make portal yet, though.

Although, you know what would be even cooler. If those portals took you to boss fight rooms. I'm predicting that instead. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whelp, I went with Cartograph G.

There's this seed I've been messing around with which has a lot of mountains, hills and flat lands.

This is a snip of the center:

(Click for full)

Check it out sometimes guys.

Seed: Illiego

Ashodin

mcrae said:
creeperresortqyik.png

next build? lol its the first thing i thought of when i saw the picture.

seriously though, when someone mentioned the word 'complex' a couple posts up, the first thing that came to mind was the complex level in goldeneye. contemplating re-creating it in minecraft.
Every time I scroll past this image. Every time!

Xun

b0neshank said:
If anyone is wanting a good island map use the seed:

beat box

It will create a island that spawns a single tree and has no visable larger land masses (actually I still haven't found anything above ground other than the island.) Under the island you will find mines that will assist you with food and wood (from chests and support beams.) It is actually pretty impressive of how isolated you feel with this map.

here is a over map of it after I played around on the main island

8ZF36.jpg
That's pretty cool! Will give it a try.

Blizzard

Banned
onken said:
What's the deal with "1.10" does nobody know how version numbers work or what?
What would you suggest, 2.0? Generally I would expect 1.0, 2.0, 2.0.0 etc. to be reserved for major releases, and as long as it's a minor release the minor version number would just increment.

Grinchy

Banned
onken said:
What's the deal with "1.10" does nobody know how version numbers work or what?

So this is 1.9. Sure, 2.0 seems like it would be next, but it's not. The 9 portion becomes a full 1, and it goes to 1.10. It's not the same as 1.1. This is what was explained to me when I asked the same question lol! I still don't like it. Stupid programmers.

edit- ok don't know how i missed the other responses before i posted

Emitan

Grinchy said:
So this is 1.9. Sure, 2.0 seems like it would be next, but it's not. The 9 portion becomes a full 1, and it goes to 1.10. It's not the same as 1.1. This is what was explained to me when I asked the same question lol! I still don't like it. Stupid programmers.
You just mad because we can talk computer.

It bugs me how Minecraft Wiki buries the new features in the "Upcoming Features" section, not bothering to separate what's clearly different over the last version. And why not list the Previews on the Version List? It's pretty obvious by now they're actual, officially leaked testing previews than any accident.

Kritz

Banned
Kulock said:
It bugs me how Minecraft Wiki buries the new features in the "Upcoming Features" section, not bothering to separate what's clearly different over the last version. And why not list the Previews on the Version List? It's pretty obvious by now they're actual, officially leaked testing previews than any accident.
Never underestimate the draconian, corporate-like arbitrariness of a community driven knowledge aggregate.

Kritz said:
Never underestimate the draconian, corporate-like arbitrariness of a community driven knowledge aggregate.

I've never edited the TF2 wiki once, and I still have "You should take this to the SPUF" burned into my brain.

onken

Blizzard said:
What would you suggest, 2.0? Generally I would expect 1.0, 2.0, 2.0.0 etc. to be reserved for major releases, and as long as it's a minor release the minor version number would just increment.

Dunno, 1.95 maybe?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
agh, silverfish what the fuck.

i found a stronghold and turned off peaceful to see if monsters spawned in them and it rained silverfish. what the hell notch.

Sciz

onken said:
Dunno, 1.95 maybe?
And this is precisely why treating version numbers as decimals is silly. 1.9 -> 1.95 suggests that it's a more minor update than 1.8 -> 1.9, even if it's actually much more significant.

Unicorn

Sciz said:
And this is precisely why treating version numbers as decimals is silly. 1.9 -> 1.95 suggests that it's a more minor update than 1.8 -> 1.9, even if it's actually much more significant.
Gotta save 2.0 for the sequel... right?

Jasoco

Banned
Guys, arguing about the version numbering is really silly.

The first number is a major version. Like 1.x right now. Or like OS X 10.x.
The first point number in a version is a minor update. Like when they do stuff like the Halloween update to the Alpha or the Piston update, etc...
The second point is a bugfix or small tweak. They used to use underscores but switched to periods a while ago. This number is used when they fix something. But not when a whole new feature is added.

Now the thing about each of those numbers, and the ones that might follow in certain programs, (Chrome's version uses a 1.x.x.x format for some reason even though the first point place never changes from zero.) can ALL BE ANY NUMBER. A version is not a decimal. Especially since decimals don't allow more than one period. Each of those numbers can be anything from 0 to infinity if they need to. They never roll over until one of the criteria above is met. Be it new features or enough new features to warrant a brand new version. So you could have a hypothetical program with a version number of 56.114.3 if it needs to.

The Alpha had the same numbering system and the Beta does too. But the pre-alphas had major numbers of 0 to signify that it was not a release version. Alpha and Beta both started over at 1.0. Will it ever go to 2.0? No one knows. And who cares.

Top Bottom