• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

onken said:
Is NeoCraft down right now?

I brought it down for a couple of hours whilst I was messing with a few settings, seeing what they did. The server was dead so I figured all would be good ;)

NeoCraft should be working again now.

Orlandu84

Ark said:
oyriu.png

Just give me the word.

Haven't actually read into how this 'limited' support works, but I can't imagine it's too different to what we have now.
I was using Buildcraft on my single player map, but it is really system intensive. I stopped using it when I realized that I really do like mining all of my resources:) Also, it started conflicting with another mod I used. Still, it was a good thought to consider for the server.

There is a easy way to move a character from a world to the other? Something simple as selecting the source world, the destiny world and then, when you play the destiny world, you have the character with his inventory?

DangerousDave said:
There is a easy way to move a character from a world to the other? Something simple as selecting the source world, the destiny world and then, when you play the destiny world, you have the character with his inventory?

There might be mods or 3d party programs that do that, but you can't do that in vanilla minecraft. The character is tied to the world.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
QUICK. SOMEONE GET MY SADDLE.

Ark said:
http://i.imgur.com/oyriu.png[]

Just give me the word.

[spoiler]Haven't actually read into how this 'limited' support works, but I can't imagine it's too different to what we have now.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]Man that looks cool. But it also looks really cheap in muilti. Every one is just gonna build their own mineing machine.

Complex Shadow said:
Man that looks cool. But it also looks really cheap in muilti. Every one is just gonna build their own mineing machine.

Not to mention the server lag. Basically, it'd turn the map into an unplayable mess with massive gaping holes.

Jasoco

Banned
The texture is grey which means he could make different colored ones like they do sheep. Sweeeeet. Traditional red and green. Purple and blue. Can't wait to battle them.

Wanace

So is the dragon going to actually land? I hope it breathes fire because that's the only way it will be able to get at the player in a forest setting.

Ranger X

CoffeeJanitor said:
Can't wait until the leveling system is instituted...This game is going to be seriously mindblowing when everything comes together.

I can imagine... it's already mindblowing to me...

I haven't played this game for about a year so I'm just getting back into things, and all I have to say is wow: this game is really, really different than it was before. It is much more deep and I LOVE hard mode and the eating mechanic. I died about 5 times before I finally got a house built because of hunger issues and aggressive enemies. Just great.

Jasoco

Banned
Cryptozoologist said:
So is the dragon going to actually land? I hope it breathes fire because that's the only way it will be able to get at the player in a forest setting.
They need to make it so that trees can automatically grow themselves back in that case. Whether it's growing leaves back if they are burned off or automatically planting fallen saplings. Otherwise you're gonna end up with burning forests a lot while battling them and not having them be replaced.

I think they aren't going to be that common, so fighting one will be a big deal in the first place, and some "battle scars" on the land are to be expected.

Imagine running to hide in your house, and the dragon busts through a wall to get at you. This is only after you intentionally aggro it, and are foolish enough to go hide in a place you built up nicely, so it's not like the Enderman just randomly ripping up your buildings.

Finally finished my main hall in my SSP world. Some terrible compression on these shots though.

Got really tired of farming clay for all the brick staircases to making the ceiling... turned out alright though. Some interior shots:

I'll probably add some rugs (wool) and I still need to throw in the Cauldron, Potion Stand, and Enchanting Table. I built an enchanting table, and placed it somewhere else a while ago, then built another one and broke it not knowing I didn't get the diamonds back >_<. Actually haven't been to the Nether yet in this world to craft the potion stand. Not pictured is the basement because I forgot... there's just some holding cells down there, some stacked logs, and a furnace/fireplace.

Jasoco

Banned
I want to be able to optionally tame them. And riiiiiiiiide them. Fuck yeah. Flying on my own dragon! Fly, Falcor! Fly! Swoop down and scare the shit out of those bullies who pick on me at school! Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!! Say my name, Bastian!

MOOOOOONCHIIIIILLLLLDDDD!!!!!!

Grinchy

Banned
Looks nice, Houston. I am going to have to finally try out that texture pack. Whenever I can pull away from Dark Souls, of course.

2 questions:

when will beta 1.9 be officially released, and will there be the option of toggling out the void fog? i hate this feature and would like the option to omit this. thanks.

Dmented

Banned
So a guy that plays on my buddies server seems to be attracted to creepers. Especially when near my property. Now the polite thing to do would be to repair the damage, but he does not. Even when asked.

So I figure I'll just teach him a little lesson.

ZQYZUh.png

Rest of the pics: http://imgur.com/a/tOSEw

dejay

Banned
This game, of all things, has finally made me decide to upgrade my computer. It's currently not a bad rig considering, but it's 32bit and that's starting to cramp my style. So I've just ordered a new system in parts, minus HDDs, optical drives and my current GPU, which is fairly new. Damn you Minecraft!

Dmented said:
So a guy that plays on my buddies server seems to be attracted to creepers. Especially when near my property. Now the polite thing to do would be to repair the damage, but he does not. Even when asked.

So I figure I'll just teach him a little lesson.

http://i.imgur.com/ZQYZUh.png[/IM]

Rest of the pics: [url]http://imgur.com/a/tOSEw[/url][/QUOTE]

That's extreme :)

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
On the cheap server we rented, I built a giant Tardis right outside the town my girlfriend and I took over. I accidentally fell to my death countless times while building it...

2011-10-08_18.04.48.jpg

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
EVIL said:
b.bb.bbbut its not blue!

yeah I know. I try to think of it more as a monument, rather that admit that I'm too lazy to make enough blue wool. :D

Grinchy said:
Looks nice, Houston. I am going to have to finally try out that texture pack. Whenever I can pull away from Dark Souls, of course.
ArtistDude88 said:
Nice place, Houston :D
Thanks

After finishing off the final touches in there I'm planning to move on to either the Temple or the Tower - I have tons of Obsidian but have been holding off building a Nether Portal in this world because I'm not sure of the placement yet. Not having Glowstone, Netherrack or the Rods to make the Potion Stand is starting to cramp my style though (plus I haven't checked out the new updated Nether yet for myself anyways). I hope it's easier to get Glowstone in the new Nether.

Rapstah

There is an absolutely amazing abandoned mine complex under the village at the old Pyramid warp, it connects to at least ten caves and there's an underground crevice deep in there:

2011-10-10_15.17.35uav8.png

I think there's a bit of Enderman erosion going on there, there are big rooms with holes everywhere, but it seems like they've only eroded those specific rooms? Very odd.

Top Bottom