• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

Well, I'm waiting for Spuit to actually add in the Ark's, so the server will be down until then. And yes, I used the latest backup possible :)

Jasoco

Banned
ArtistDude88 said:
I guess this is why MC doesn't have any (flying) birds :(
Modders have done a better bird AI and other mob AI. They just need to hire the right people to work on artificial mob intelligence.

eemijun

Neo Member
So what is the status of the server? What version is it running, and is it going to restart again when a new update comes? (haven't checked this thread in a while.)

Jasoco

Banned
So is "The End" a biome that spawns in the real world? Or another dimension? I thought it was a dimension. Especially with the portal.
Goddamn I can't wait to play again!

spuit*11

Banned
Alright, I just uploaded the world with arks edited into it, so now Ark has to get this thing onto the minecraft server. Depending on his internet connection it shouldn't take very long (202mb rarred up).

I put them right here in this little bay.

Krovan

Neo Member
Excellent, thanks for getting your edit on Spuit (and Ark for hosting)!

I was actually equally impressed by the fact that the dragon blasting through things left tnt-explosion clouds instead of just removing blocks, that was a nice touch (combined with the smoothness of the flight motion it looks great).

celebi23

onemic said:
caves still freak me the fuck out, I've yet to actually try exploring one.
That's why you need armor :p Still working towards getting enough diamonds for my diamond armor set. I forget how many diamonds I had on the Ark.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
onemic said:
But that's what makes minecraft so great. It's awesome feeling so helpless surrounded by enough stone to make as many wepons/gear as you want. It's even better with freinds, one making sure the other doesn't die.

Blizzard

Banned
onemic said:
In addition to the creepy music and monster sounds, even peaceful caves are crazy in how lost you can become (if you're bad like me). Trapped/claustrophobic? I remember spending FOREVER in some cave on a multiplayer server, trying to either find my way back to some mineral deposit I had tried to mark, or back to the surface, and I would keep going in circles... "Hmm, I have two diagonal dirt blocks here so I must have completely explored this dark branch up near the roof...maybe I have to jump off a wall to get back to the path?!"

I think in the end I gave up that time and teleported back to the surface using a server command.

Shanadeus

Banned
Shame that destructive dragons won't end up in the normal world, it would really liven things up and give us plenty of perpetual fear and "Oh shit"-moments you had when you first started playing.

At least you can count on mods fixing things.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Dang, I wanted to play on Neocraft tonight but it still isn't up. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow night.

Let me say that I no longer like fire... It was awful.

My house before:
6239252907_34fde39250.jpg

Aannnd after:
6239253651_ccdf0a9e01.jpg

Luckily, I didn't have to build the wooden structures because I found it in a stronghold. I had to make it myself the second time though...

I'm sure you guys have had much, much worse run-ins with fire, but I hope this is my last experience with it.

celebi23 said:
That's why you need armor :p Still working towards getting enough diamonds for my diamond armor set. I forget how many diamonds I had on the Ark.

I found enough diamonds to make a full set of armor, but I've already burned through it. So I'm thinking if I get enough again I'll only wear it part of the time.

Ranger X

TheCongressman1 said:

My house before:

Aannnd after:
6239253651_ccdf0a9e01.jpg

Luckily, I didn't have to build the wooden structures because I found it in a stronghold. I had to make it myself the second time though...

I'm sure you guys have had much, much worse run-ins with fire, but I hope this is my last experience with it.

When the fire was "nerfed" it was not exactly nerfed but more like "rebalanced". At the start it can spread from 2 blocks away instead of one like before and then when it starts spreading, it stops faster than the old fire. So it's sort of a trade off really.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
TheCongressman1 said:

My house before:

Aannnd after:

i ve never had a problem with fire...yet

mandiller

I've been experimenting with a few seeds and I found a pretty epic one with lots of mountains everywhere. For the seed type in: Area51Alien

lxD5X.jpg

hizWU.jpg

68Dvm.jpg

8AugP.jpg

Hycor.jpg

So much castle building potential.

Does anyone have any experience with 1.9.3 vanilla servers? I set one up for my friends and even though I enabled flying, it isn't working in game. Does it matter that it's a survival game and not creative? I really hope this is just a bug.

Sye d'Burns

Houston3000 said:
Finally finished my main hall in my SSP world. Some terrible compression on these shots though.

Got really tired of farming clay for all the brick staircases to making the ceiling... turned out alright though. Some interior shots:

aw

I'll probably add some rugs (wool) and I still need to throw in the Cauldron, Potion Stand, and Enchanting Table. I built an enchanting table, and placed it somewhere else a while ago, then built another one and broke it not knowing I didn't get the diamonds back >_<. Actually haven't been to the Nether yet in this world to craft the potion stand. Not pictured is the basement because I forgot... there's just some holding cells down there, some stacked logs, and a furnace/fireplace.

I've been meaning to ask, what texture pack is this?

Plaguefox said:
allow-flight=true in server.properites, I think. I could be wrong!

Edit: Wait, I'm dumb. Yeah, you have to give someone /gamemode <username> 1 first, they'll enter Creative mode individually and then can fly with a double-space.
Thanks bud, that did it.

Ranger X

mandiller said:
I've been experimenting with a few seeds and I found a pretty epic one with lots of mountains everywhere. For the seed type in: Area51Alien
So much castle building potential.

This is very common now as it's the new "mountain biome".

Sye d'Burns said:
I've been meaning to ask, what texture pack is this?
Billychu said:
sphax pure bd craft
Yep, it's amazing. Sphax updated it yesterday for 1.9 Pre3 instead of waiting for the official launch since Notch said they're going to keep doing prereleases. Newer shots of my main hall's enchanting table and brewing station:

So good... and it's only the 128x version. I usually use 256x or 512x which is higher definition but he's waiting for the official patch release.

Top Bottom