• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

spuit*11

Banned
Hey Ark, pal, buddy.

Would you do us all a solid and check you uploaded the right map to the server. Because the one on it right now does not have the arks.

Ferrio

Banned
I voted square but..

2iFRw.png

is very nice...

Blizzard

Banned
With 16,000+ votes each, assuming people aren't haxing the poll, there are like...only 4 votes separating round and square. At this rate, Notch might as well add an option or something that makes it easy to switch between the two. =P

Blizzard said:
With 16,000+ votes each, assuming people aren't haxing the poll, there are like...only 4 votes separating round and square. At this rate, Notch might as well add an option or something that makes it easy to switch between the two. =P

This. I actually really like the look of both of them, and I wouldn't mind having an easy switch to flip for either one.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Errrr...

Round! 44% 17,080
Square! 44% 17,080
Don't care! 13% 4,892

Woah.

I voted round.

Would be could because you could have specific monsters spawning on full moon only (or when there is no moon at all)

Vlad

EskimoJoe said:
I really hope he makes The End worth something. I really need a reason to go there, because it's kind of lame right now. I also feel like, despite the great changes they've made to The Nether lately, that's still kind of lame, too. Like, no I feel obligated to go there because of the stuff I can get, rather than actually wanting to. I wouldn't know how to change that though.

They're on the right track, but I'd also like them to do a little more in that respect. There's a nice sense of progression going now, in that you need to get the resources to make a Nether portal, then head there and get the stuff to fix the gate in the stronghold, fix that, then head to the Ender Realm.

But like you said, there's not really much incentive other than just that to go there. Adding the Nether strongholds and all the Nether-exclusive potion materials was nice, but there really does need to be more. Honestly, even doing something like Terraria would be great. Make some better weapons and have them only obtainable from chests in the Nether or craftable from ores found there. Or, instead of weapons and items, make it so that certain Nether materials do unique things for building. For example, the Craftbook server-side mod lets you use redstone to toggle the flames on Netherrack and turn glowstone on/off. It's nothing big, but it's still pretty cool. Hell, the Nether's dark, so maybe make it so some light-sensitive thing could be crafted together with redstone to make some sort of day/night sensor.

Unfortunately, they're going into feature freeze on the 18th, so I'm thinking that we're not going to be seeing anything like that until after the official release, if ever.

Ranger X

Ether_Snake said:
Errrr...

Round! 44% 17,080
Square! 44% 17,080
Don't care! 13% 4,892

Woah.

I voted round.

Would be could because you could have specific monsters spawning on full moon only (or when there is no moon at all)

Still.... a square moon cycle would also be possible so I wonder what this moon thing will truly bring. I suppose that if Notch makes a poll it's because there are intentions for the moon to matter in the gameplay later or something.

bengraven

Potions and Enchanting is fucking awesome.

My diamond sword has Knockback 1 and Sharpness 2 on it. Love it.

I'm totally making a nerdy Harry Potter like castle once the server gets updated to 1.9.

drizzle said:
I can't play Minecraft anymore, no matter what I do.

Every time I load a world, it runs ok for a couple minutes, then it just slows down to a complete slideshow of unplayable madness. CPU usage does not go up, GPU usage doesn't go up either.

Everywhere I look, people say to change the amount of memory allocated to minecraft, but that didn't change anything.

I have a pretty beefy computer (2600k and a GTX 570), and I didn't have this problem on my old Quad. Any ideas?

Have you tried playing with Need for Speed Most Wanted on and minimized?

Ark

spuit*11 said:
Hey Ark, pal, buddy.

Would you do us all a solid and check you uploaded the right map to the server. Because the one on it right now does not have the arks.

I uploaded the one you gave me o_o

From what I gather "The End" isn't really meant to be much... it's literally suppose to be the end of the game. I assume the idea is you play Minecraft like normal and then when you feel you're powerful enough to destroy the black dragon you teleport into The End and defeat it. At that point you get a Congratulations screen and are transported back to your spawn in the real world - probably with some special items you may be rewarded. In the Prerelease the boss isn't in there so there's no way to get out without dying and losing your inventory as far as I'm aware (unless you use a mod or change the world file of course).

That's what I'm assuming at least. It's basically a glorified final boss room, hence the name.

spuit*11

Banned
Ark said:
I uploaded the one you gave me o_o
I've triple-checked in MCedit and loaded the map in singleplayer, the one you downloaded has the ships in it. Are you sure you didn't upload the wrong world folder?

Either way, the link I gave you is still valid.

Houston3000 said:
From what I gather "The End" isn't really meant to be much... it's literally suppose to be the end of the game. I assume the idea is you play Minecraft like normal and then when you feel you're powerful enough to destroy the black dragon you teleport into The End and defeat it. At that point you get a Congratulations screen and are transported back to your spawn in the real world - probably with some special items you may be rewarded. In the Prerelease the boss isn't in there so there's no way to get out without dying and losing your inventory as far as I'm aware (unless you use a mod or change the world file of course).

That's what I'm assuming at least. It's basically a glorified final boss room, hence the name.

When I first saw the portals in strongholds, that's sort of what I expected, although I was hoping each Stronghold Portal would lead to a different The End, so to speak. That is, each Stronghold would have a separate boss room in another dimension. This would allow for terrifying bosses who can wreak insane damage to terrain, without destroying players' creations. I think I was hoping for multiple bosses eventually leading up to a final boss once you beat all the lesser ones. Probably because it reminds me of Zelda.

Ark

Ok, I know what I did wrong, and the Ark's are now in the map! I even checked :)

Slight roll back too, but there you go.

Jasoco

Banned
I voted round, and right now it's 44% to 44% with Square ahead by only a few hundred.

Also..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdK9aZw__YA

I like the part at the end. (No pun intended)

Ranger X

Ark said:
Ok, I know what I did wrong, and the Ark's are now in the map! I even checked :)

Slight roll back too, but there you go.

I suppose the Arks are there to stay? Like if I am too busy to unload all my stuff now I will have some weeks to do so?

Ranger X

Would be cool if the map could reposted again. I don't see any civilisation from the Ark's position and I don't want to wander in the wrong direction and make the map big for nothing...

ArtistDude88 said:
What's up with food suddenly restoring less of the hunger meter? The other day melon slices were restoring 5, now they're only doing 1 D:

That might have been a bug in 1.9(3). Melon slices only restore 1 food point in 1.8.

jambo

Direct download link

Server direct download link

From Reddit

Changes:
  • Spikes added (likely only referring to pillars in enderworld. No new block found)
  • Glistering Melon added. Crafted with Melon and Gold Nugget. Non-edible. (Glister is the old English version of glitter)
  • Moon Now has phases video
  • Round Sun and Moon
  • The sun now rises on the right side of the map. Putting north at the top. And clouds float west
  • The Eyes of Ender now fly up in the direction of the nearest stronghold. You can only use 4 or so ender eyes at once, then you must pick them back up.
  • New Stuff in Strongholds. Possible loot includes: Ender Pearls, Diamonds, Iron Ingots, golden apples, iron pickaxes.
    not in the game, but in the .JAR there is an enderdragon entry in the /mob sub-folder with textures (Ender Dragon Textures )
  • Looks like experience has been slightly modified to give you more per action. eg) Way more XP for killing Zombie Pigmen. Might be an overall increase for testing purposes.
  • You can no longer place a water source on a spot where there already is a water source. It will be placed next to it instead as another water source
  • Similarily, you can no longer place lava where there is already a lava source block. It will place on top or next to it.
  • Spiders appear to be more animated. The legs move more and not all at once.
  • Server now has Rcon and Query support
  • Character gives off a bubbly animation after it eats a golden apple
  • Melons only drop 1 slice now instead of 4-6 slices after breaking (Just a bug )
  • You can attack/kill mobs through glass (both blocks and panes) (possibly a bug?)
  • The server not waiting for chunks to save bug has been fixed.
  • Ghast fireballs now do more damage and create more fire upon impact.(on hard I'm getting a full health bar halved from splash damage alone, and a near direct hit took away about 9 hearts) On the flip side, they seem to spawn slightly less.
  • Snow doesn't delete torches, saplings, watermelon sprouts, pumpkin sprouts, or wheat anymore

The End:
  • The "End" Dimension can now be reached by using Eye of the Enders on all the "weird" blocks and you get teleported to a world with obsidian pillars, endermen, and not sponge(new block seems like just a retexture of cobble )
  • New block that is not sponge in The End Realm. It has the properties of stone. Shown in natural light
  • End is not completed
  • Maps in the End are blank. Unless you craft a map in the end. but even then they are fairly useless.
  • The end appears to be a large floating island instead of an infinitely generating zone. You can place water in the End.
  • Nether Portals will not light in the End
  • Sleeping in beds in the End produces violent, fiery explosions, just like the Nether
  • Currently no way to leave the End other than dying
  • Endermen in the End drop black exp orbs (caused by low light level in End)

Enchantments:
  • Can no longer enchant the flint and steel
  • Enchantment Table now has a tooltip name on creative mode
  • Blue particle effect (like crits) to tell you enchantments are working
  • No enchantment costs above 5 skill pts (Unless you place bookshelves near the enchantment table confirmed ) ( Yes, the number of bookshelfs increases the level of enchantments further. A table surrounded by six bookshelves on each side (and one block gap) gives level 14 recipes. By further surrounding the table, higher levels are possible. (49 confirmed By placing bookshelves walls of 5x5 around the enchantment table with space between the table and the shelves)
  • ONLY bookshelves which are at the height of the enchantment table and a row above it make little the symbols float into the animated enchantment book. Also only the sides of the bookshelves emit these symbols, and only ones within a line-of-sight to the enchanting table.
  • Multiple enchantments can be applied to a weapon (possible that gold weapons have a much higher chance of being dual modded. Gold seems to pick up more powerful enchantments, with a higher chance of getting many)
  • Sword of featherfall I/II/III/IV (does not negate fall damage)(Falling 10 blocks: 2.5dam regular, 2.0dam w/ armor, 1.0dam with featherfall IV)
  • Bane of arthropods I (more damage to spiders)
  • Pickaxe of Efficiency I/II (mines slightly faster)
  • Sword of Smite I/II. (It glows blue instead of the normal pink) (More damaging to Skeletons and Zombies)
  • Sharpness I
  • Respiration I/II/III (Maybe it let's you breathe longer underwater or sprint longer?)
  • Projectile Protection I/II/III/IV (No health damage from arrows, still armour damage. Needs verification)
  • Protection I/II/IV (Protection II armor gives you absolutely no damage in lava while armor slowly deteriorates)
  • Fire Aspect I (lights enemy on fire.)
  • Efficiency I/II
  • Unbreaking I/II (You have a chance of not wasting a use of the tool)
  • Fire Protection I/II
  • Blast Protection I
  • Sword of Looting I (Mobs seem to be dropping much more loot than average)
  • Pickaxe of fortune I video (chance of doubling drop upon mining ore) (works on coal and diamonds, but not iron or gold. Seems to work only if the block would drop a different item type upon being mined.) (Pickaxe of Fortune doesn't work on iron/gold, since you could endlessly re-plant the harvested ore block)
  • Axe of Silk Touch I (Silk touch makes it so you get the block that you break. For instance breaking a glowstone block gives you a glowstone block instead of dust)
  • Aqua Affinity I (dig easier underwater)

Potions:
  • Water Bottle+Glistering Melon = Mundane Potion + Fermented Spider Eye = Potion of Weakness 1:30
  • Water Bottle+Nether Wart = Awkward Potion + Glistering Melon = Potion of Healing Instant Health + Glowstone Dust = Potion of Healing (Instant Health II)
  • Water Bottle+Nether Wart = Awkward Potion + Ghast Tear = Potion of Regeneration 0:45 + Glowstone Dust = Potion of Regeneration II 0:22
  • Weaponized potions. You can turn any potions into splash potions by brewing gunpowder into a potion (even Even Instant Health II). It appears in a different shaped flask. Instead of drinking it, you throw it like a grenade.
  • Splash potions of harming and poison do not damage undead type mobs. If you load a splash potion into a dispenser, it splashes when the dispenser throws it.
  • The potion of swiftness now leaves a visible effect on the player
  • Green particle effects on you when you're poisoned
  • Potion of Strength will also leave a particle effect on the player.

Jhriad

ArtistDude88 said:
But I am still 1.8 and on NeoCraft :\

Yeah, bread is only filling me for like 2 now. Used to fill for 5 (if I wasn't ultra low). We're not the only ones that are experiencing this either. Was anything else changed when you edited the map? Change the difficulty or something?

Does this pre-release have player levels yet? I jump and the green meter advances randomly and that's it. No number telling me which level I am, or message telling me I leveled up...

Edit: Huh uh nevermind... I've been running the releases on my desktop and somehow a folder was created on appdata/roaming/.minecraft with all the files and that was meesing some things up I suppose. I copied the release 4 to the default folder and I can see the experience rising like it should and I'm level 102!

Ranger X

oh shit....

•Axe of Silk Touch I (Silk touch makes it so you get the block that you break. For instance breaking a glowstone block gives you a glowstone block instead of dust)

Mushroom houses now possible!?
So when are we creating a smurph village? :p

Jhriad

Lax Mike said:
Yeah, I thought I was the only one.

It has me wondering if the difficulty on the server was changed somehow.

Just looked at the wiki. Maybe it wasn't working properly before. The replenish rates match those on the wiki. Whereas before so long as you ate something before you dropped below half health it replenished like 5 no matter what the food.

Another idea is maybe spuit or Ark had their client upgraded to 1.9x when they checked/changed the map and that changed it somehow. *shrug*

jambo

Sye d'Burns said:
I am going to get so lost until I get used to the new sun/cloud movements.

It's really annoying, the AusGAF server had an awesome sunset opposite our community house and now it's gone =[

jssmoh.jpg

celebi23

Ranger X said:
oh shit....

•Axe of Silk Touch I (Silk touch makes it so you get the block that you break. For instance breaking a glowstone block gives you a glowstone block instead of dust)

Mushroom houses now possible!?
So when are we creating a smurph village? :p

Damn, that's fucking awesome. 1.9 is going to end up being a huge update when all is said & done.

TGMIII

These updates + hardcore mode makes the game sound a million times better. I'm actually looking forward to future updates now.

bengraven

Our chests are still properly set as private right?

I might not be able to get on for a couple days.

awwyeahgurrl said:
These updates + hardcore mode makes the game sound a million times better. I'm actually looking forward to future updates now.

Enchanting and brewing has changed everything. Seriously, brewing is rad, especially now that you can throw damage potions at enemies.

Top Bottom