• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ok, I'm having the slowdown glitch bad in 1.9. I turned down the visual settings to see if it helped, and I can get the game to run buttery smooth for up to ten seconds or so, then all visual freeze except for the mouse cursor for up to three seconds, but the world progresses, so when it updates, I may have moved. This is really annoying.

Orlandu84

mandiller said:
I've been experimenting with a few seeds and I found a pretty epic one with lots of mountains everywhere. For the seed type in: Area51Alien
So much castle building potential.

Nice seed. Which version of Minecraft did you use to generate it? 1.8 or 1.9?

Jasoco

Banned
Nice. I like little touches just as much as the big features.

Now just get us seasons for all the non-desert and snow biomes (Which will remain perpetual) and I'll be happy.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, is Neocraft still down? Or is it only me having a connection problem?

Onemic

Do any mods work with 1.9? Or is it all just 1.8? I've been wanting to play 1.9, but I have the yogbox mod installed with 1.8. Minimap is so key, I can never navigate shit in the vanilla

webrunner

I wonder if "The End" is supposed to be the actual End of the game, as in there's no way back..

I wonder if you can build a Nether portal in The End as well.. that'd be interesting?

kottila

lol

So I recently discovered that if I have Need for Speed Most Wanted open but minimized and play Minecraft, I have astronomical boosts to my FPS. As in going from 1-5 FPS to 130 FPS. Not sure why, perhaps some of your could offer an explanation, but I just thought I'd share it in case it might allow someone else to enjoy the more recent updates.

Ranger X

Making the moon round = game's charm -1.

Having a moon cycle that will do something for the gameplay = game's charm +2.

Notch, you're very lucky there.

N-Bomb

Ranger X said:
Making the moon round = game's charm -1.

Having a moon cycle that will do something for the gameplay = game's charm +2.

Notch, you're very lucky there.

Moon's been changable through texture packs for a long time though :\

Ranger X

N-Bomb said:
Moon's been changable through texture packs for a long time though :\

I know, and I never used one because I thought it was actually making the game lose some charm. (as with any texture pack anyways, hate those).
Now I think I see why Notch makes it round. It's because he's making a moon cycle and I HOPE it will influence something. If it's the case, this means it brings something to the game instead of just making the moon round like a texture pack. Now I like the idea. If it influences nothing than Notch will have fail in improving the game imo.

Blizzard

Banned
Ranger X said:
I know, and I never used one because I thought it was actually making the game lose some charm. (as with any texture pack anyways, hate those).
Now I think I see why Notch makes it round. It's because he's making a moon cycle and I HOPE it will influence something. If it's the case, this means it brings something to the game instead of just making the moon round like a texture pack. Now I like the idea. If it influences nothing than Notch will have fail in improving the game imo.
Even if this particular change ended up being bad, people might be able to mod or use a texture pack to make it square again, I would guess. I'm not too worried considering how Notch doesn't seem to try to shut down mods in general (which is possibly one of the reasons the game has sold so well).

Ranger X

Blizzard said:
Even if this particular change ended up being bad, people might be able to mod or use a texture pack to make it square again, I would guess. I'm not too worried considering how Notch doesn't seem to try to shut down mods in general (which is possibly one of the reasons the game has sold so well).

Sure. But for what its worth I probably wouldn't even mod back the moon to a square. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I can't play Minecraft anymore, no matter what I do.

Every time I load a world, it runs ok for a couple minutes, then it just slows down to a complete slideshow of unplayable madness. CPU usage does not go up, GPU usage doesn't go up either.

Everywhere I look, people say to change the amount of memory allocated to minecraft, but that didn't change anything.

I have a pretty beefy computer (2600k and a GTX 570), and I didn't have this problem on my old Quad. Any ideas?

Blizzard

Banned
drizzle said:
I can't play Minecraft anymore, no matter what I do.

Every time I load a world, it runs ok for a couple minutes, then it just slows down to a complete slideshow of unplayable madness. CPU usage does not go up, GPU usage doesn't go up either.

Everywhere I look, people say to change the amount of memory allocated to minecraft, but that didn't change anything.

I have a pretty beefy computer (2600k and a GTX 570), and I didn't have this problem on my old Quad. Any ideas?
Do you have the latest Java updates installed, with 64-bit Java?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ArtistDude88 said:
I've read that uninstalling and installing the newest version of Java may help, Drizzle.
Blizzard said:
Do you have the latest Java updates installed, with 64-bit Java?
That did it. Apparently, even when you select "64 bit java" on the java website, it installs the 32bit one. I installed the 64bit one and it fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot!

So 1.9 Pre4 apparently activated the enhancement system so that stuff actually has effects and levels now. Something like this:

FNiF2.png

Silk Touch allows you to mine ore blocks (like the actual block, so instead of getting iron ore you get a placeable iron ore block for example). They have enchantments that cause knock-back, enchantments that catch enemies on fire, ones that deal extra damage to spiders or extra damage to undead, water breathing on armor; not to mention increased durability, strength, armor, etc.

Now I feel shitty though, in my SSP world I was doing a great job of staying alive and had 312 level points. I literally hadn't died at all yet. Last night I ventured into the new Nether for the first time so I could get a Blaze Rod... I didn't realize the Blaze Spawner would spawn three Blazes at once and they fried me. I was able to run back and get all my items and farm some rods but now I'm like level 20 again :'(. I'm going to have to farm Slimes now so I can get some Fire Resist potions.

Chuckpebble

I'm ok with them being round. I was just thinking the other day about how its weird that they were cubes yet followed a circular path. Wouldn't it be funny if they had a square orbit. Sun rises straight up until 1/4 of the way through the day, then flies parallel to the ground until 3/4 of the way through the day, then goes straight down.

So many things in the game work like this. For instance, your field of view. If you use the short view distance, you'll notice that you can see further at the edges of your field of view as opposed to directly in front of you.

Also, that stupid 1km minecart ride achievement ignores the existence of the pythagorean theorem and requires you to essentially ride a minecart out of the center of a 2km square as opposed to a 2km diameter circle.

I was actually hoping that at some point in the future, the game world would become a cube of finite dimensions, where you could actually round a 90 degree corner. I guess that would be pretty silly.

N-Bomb

Ranger X said:

This is true. You'll also be able to change it back, most likely. :)

With a square moon it could be:

[x] [x [ [ ] ] x] [x]

(the x is supposed to signify a non-empty area >.>)

Ark

Map is updated with the Ark's! Or at least it should be.

Not actually sure where Spuit put them though :p

Server is also back up btw.

EDIT:

Also added everyone that has PM'ed me about citizen ship lately too.

Vlad

Ah, gotta love progress. Prerelease 4 crashes on Normal view distance for me now... There's no way I'm dialing it back any further than that.

I really hope he makes The End worth something. I really need a reason to go there, because it's kind of lame right now. I also feel like, despite the great changes they've made to The Nether lately, that's still kind of lame, too. Like, no I feel obligated to go there because of the stuff I can get, rather than actually wanting to. I wouldn't know how to change that though.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
kottila said:
but there's nothing to do there? checked the wiki, but it didn't say much
Notch made a yt vid where he was in the end with a dragon flying aroud also he made another vid with the tittle " this is why dragons can't spawn in the normal worls" ( or something like that)

I keep running around like the A key is held down in Ubuntu. I can maximize the window so the title bar is on top (how I was playing), press F11 and have the bottom and right cropped off (which sucks), or I could play it in a window (which sucks the most). How do I control my keyboard?

Top Bottom