• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Tesseract

Banned
Ranger X said:
It's playing with fire but yes you can.
The thing is, the way the game is coded, a previously generated chunk of map will never update in a subsequent version. This means you always need to explore more in order to see/use the new stuff/updates. Also, if there's a new biome added of changes in the terrain generation, it creates messy borders between old and new chunks.

i can live with this. thanks!

celebi23

Hey does anyone have a music disc that they would be willing to trade? I've got an extra golden apple that i would give up for a music disc.

Wool is really only possible to farm now-a-days if you have a very large sheep farm. Not only are sheep more rare but animals don't despawn anymore, and sheeps currently don't regrow wool once you shear them. You basically need to breed a HUGE flock, shear them all, let them reproduce a couple times, then kill off the naked sheep so you don't overfill your chunk with too many animal entities.

N-Bomb

Houston3000 said:
Wool is really only possible to farm now-a-days if you have a very large sheep farm. Not only are sheep more rare but animals don't despawn anymore, and sheeps currently don't regrow wool once you shear them. You basically need to breed a HUGE flock, shear them all, let them reproduce a couple times, then kill off the naked sheep so you don't overfill your chunk with too many animal entities.

Sheep that don't regrow wool sounds like a pretty serious bug to me. :\

N-Bomb said:
Sheep that don't regrow wool sounds like a pretty serious bug to me. :\
Pretty sure it's been that way for quite a while now, they use to despawn though and then new ones would spawn eventually, obviously with wool. Unless they changed it recently and I haven't noticed... but I know they don't despawn anymore.

bengraven

I'm in 1.9.4 and my sheep regrow wool.

Once a day I run into their pen, pass out a bunch of wheat to make them breed and shear them all. It's fun.

Shit, you realize for the last DAY I've been doing nothing but farming?

3 months ago I would have laughed at your ass. "Farming in Minecraft? lol".

Sye d'Burns

bengraven said:

Once a day I run into their pen, pass out a bunch of wheat to make them breed and shear them all. It's fun.

OMG! Notch has turned minecraft into Rune Factory.

It feels so wrong and yet so right.

Does anyone know if having a repeating redstone circuit is feasable on MP servers now? I'd like to have one side of a lift door continually opening / closing...

Articalys

bengraven said:
I need an animu girl to marry now.
That's easy, just have them bring back Rana:

fJ6E7.png

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Mister_Bubbles said:
Does anyone know if having a repeating redstone circuit is feasable on MP servers now? I'd like to have one side of a lift door continually opening / closing...
you can make it work. but youl need and on and off switch to restart it when ever you come back to that chunk

Code:
- redstone
+repeaters
[] block
' space

+--+
-  +
+-+[]

if you attach the block to a sticky piston, you can turn it on or off

bengraven said:

Really?? Awesome!! I haven't been shearing my sheep lately because I was growing their population first. Good to know :D... and yes, I farm constantly now and I also run around at night and collect experience points as opposed to just sleeping like I used to. Game has become totally different for me with Breeding and Leveling/Enchanting.

Anyways, some updated shots of my SSP world (click for full size):

bengraven

Houston3000 said:
Really?? Awesome!! I haven't been shearing my sheep lately because I was growing their population first. Good to know :D... and yes, I farm constantly now and I also run around at night and collect experience points as opposed to just sleeping like I used to. Game has become totally different for me with Breeding and Leveling/Enchanting.

Um, I was wrong. I've just been breeding and then going in and sheering so fast I didn't notice that a large portion of my sheep still are missing their wool.

My bad. :( Maybe it just takes a few days to grow back...

Articalys said:
That's easy, just have them bring back Rana:

fJ6E7.png

Ha, that artist was actually good and I was hoping he would make the villagers.

Complex Shadow said:
i will buy your best potion for a used iron pick YOU BUY, YOU BUY >=X

I WILL have a sign that says "hurry up and buy!"

Houston what is your texture pack? Is it updated for 1.9.4?

Also... How the hell did they do that Zelda stop motion... Just... how? Anyone have any idea?

bengraven

-bakalhau- said:

Also... How the hell did they do that Zelda stop motion... Just... how? Anyone have any idea?

Either they really just did it, 1:1 wool:pixel, or more likely it's manipulated somehow.

Jasoco

Banned
Articalys said:
This is still how I feel regarding redstone contraptions. I can't even make a basic automatic double door without help.
Well, it's the same way normal computers work, except scaled up. Imagine if actual circuits were 3 feet wide per trace.

-bakalhau- said:

It's called Sphax PureBDCraft

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-sphax-purebdcraft-aetherzipline-v093-101011/

It's updated regularly, not for 1.9 Pre4 yet... but you can use Texture Packs from previous versions fine - new stuff just uses the default textures at that point if a new one hasn't been created yet. So, for example, the latest version has updated Enchantment Table, Villagers, Brewing Stand etc... but if you go to The End that weird cobble stuff on the ground will probably have the default low res minecraft texture.

Also, since it's an HD texture pack you need to run MCPatcher HD Fix (just download it, open it and click PATCH)

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Articalys said:
This is still how I feel regarding redstone contraptions. I can't even make a basic automatic double door without help.
what i did to learn redstone was to expand what every i was making then compact it. basically redstone every fucking where, then find a way to make it smaller. it sounds like a pain but after the third time its cake. of course you won't won't be pro at restone or anything, but youl get the basics down at least.

Enderman currently add nothing the game aside from griefing the player. Good job notch. Are they any mods that remove them or at least remove the block pick up? ...nothing but an annoyance.

mandiller

So what's the deal with the ships? Are they for putting our valuable stuff on, are we creating a new world soon? Or are they for people to get stuff off?

Mik2121

mandiller said:
So what's the deal with the ships? Are they for putting our valuable stuff on, are we creating a new world soon? Or are they for people to get stuff off?
They're there to get stuff off.

Mik2121

Ugh... seriously, FUCK THE ENDERMEN. The only thing they do is go around griefing everybody's buildings. My bridge now has two holes and one of the towers has another hole. I cannot fill them up right now because I don't have any more stone bricks, and it's seriously pissing me off...

Anyway, hopefully we can get rid of those worthless enemies. They don't even attack you if you don't attack first so they're not a danger either. Ark, if there's any way, please get rid of them or at least their ability to pick blocks...

Articalys

Mik2121 said:
Ugh... seriously, FUCK THE ENDERMEN. The only thing they do is go around griefing everybody's buildings. My bridge now has two holes and one of the towers has another hole. I cannot fill them up right now because I don't have any more stone bricks, and it's seriously pissing me off...

Anyway, hopefully we can get rid of those worthless enemies. They don't even attack you if you don't attack first so they're not a danger either. Ark, if there's any way, please get rid of them or at least their ability to pick blocks...
In the link I posted above there is a server version of the "nerf Endermen" mod; maybe you can try that?

Top Bottom