• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Like keeping a close eye on my spawners:

MyuS8.png

VNHXS.png

XSzV4.png

F7Rvk.png

My House so far:

SdPLD.png

Thanks to Maxrpg for letting me play on his 1.9 pr4 server, only a handfull of people but everyone's been awesome there!

Xun

Ok guys, if anyone is able to help dig the hole, please do! You'll find it here:

TDeNl.jpg

There's a hell of a lot to dig, but you'll find a shitload of resources.

N-Bomb

My Mac's down to install Lion, but I'll give a hand as soon as it's back up. Yeaaarrgh!

PS - Holy crap that's big.

PPS - I had a wicked idea for a farming tower.

Somebody's been breeding chickens in my farm. A lot of chickens. A fucking shitload of chickens. So many chickens that my PC couldn't handle simple being within half a kilometre of my own lair.

To rectify this there has been a mass cull. Hundreds of feathers were dropped, it was practically a chicken genocide. Whoever bred them all, I hope you're happy since the blood might as well be on your hands.

OgTheClever said:
Somebody's been breeding chickens in my farm. A lot of chickens. A fucking shitload of chickens. So many chickens that my PC couldn't handle simple being within half a kilometre of my own lair.

To rectify this there has been a mass cull. Hundreds of feathers were dropped, it was practically a chicken genocide. Whoever bred them all, I hope you're happy since the blood might as well be on your hands.

Many chickens were slaughtered by my hands tonight, all that clucking...I will never forget.

Krovan

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure everyone on NeoCraft is getting tired of the maintenance role required by the addition of endermen. Ark, is there any chance we could get that no-block-removal by endermen mod that you talked about a while back?

Jhriad

Krovan said:
I'm pretty sure everyone on NeoCraft is getting tired of the maintenance role required by the addition of endermen. Ark, is there any chance we could get that no-block-removal by endermen mod that you talked about a while back?

+1

Those buggers are a pain.

More progress in my SSP World:

(click for full size)

There's some Minecarts running between the buildings and basement dug out under the workshop now that you can't see. Trying to collect enough Obsidian to build a cool tower around my Nether Portal but it's a pain collecting since it takes so long to break :-/

Ranger X said:
People should help me push the idea that Endermen should only take blocks that aren't placed by the player to Notch.

This. I either want the endermen to completely leave my placed structures alone, or I want a way of stopping endermen spawning within and around those structures.

It'd be cool if you could use ender pearls to create a magic powder or something that you then pour on the ground around the perimeter of the area you want to protect, and then there's no possible way for enemies to spawn inside that perimeter.

Ranger X

Bootaaay said:
This. I either want the endermen to completely leave my placed structures alone, or I want a way of stopping endermen spawning within and around those structures.

It'd be cool if you could use ender pearls to create a magic powder or something that you then pour on the ground around the perimeter of the area you want to protect, and then there's no possible way for enemies to spawn inside that perimeter.

But that'd be too complicated for nothing. We already have to spread light in order to block certain ennemies, imagine having to spread 2 kinds of shit to block mobs... eww...

Ranger X said:
But that'd be too complicated for nothing. We already have to spread light in order to block certain ennemies, imagine having to spread 2 kinds of shit to block mobs... eww...

I imagined it as blocking all mobs - it'd take quite a bit to harvest enough ender pearls to cover the entire perimeter, but it'd be worth it if it stopped anything from spawning inside your settlement. That also fixes one of my other gripes - if I'm building a big castle city, I don't necessarily want every square meter covered in torches just to stop stuff spawning.

Ranger X

Bootaaay said:
I imagined it as blocking all mobs - it'd take quite a bit to harvest enough ender pearls to cover the entire perimeter, but it'd be worth it if it stopped anything from spawning inside your settlement. That also fixes one of my other gripes - if I'm building a big castle city, I don't necessarily want every square meter covered in torches just to stop stuff spawning.

Could work. I would see powder inside the orb and you spread it on the ground. If you have an orb (pearl) in hands, a color on the ground indicates where you previously spread the powder. Hell that could even be a powder you make through the new potions making gameplay!

Ranger X

Puppet Shadow said:
How about redstone and fence combination (electric fence) that keeps them from warping though? Be cool to also use as a mob kill machine thingy.

You need to prevent their spawning more than their movement. However, the addition of a fence + anti spawn powder could be great.

DurielBlack said:
I can't log in, it times out.
Yeah it is down for me too, which is a bummer. I get the feeling I am investing way too much time with multiplayer in minecraft (usually never bother with mp in any game). Still it is great fun being on the Neogaf server, Ark does a great job.

Speaking of Ark any chance you could tidy the spawn point up a wee bit ? You know cover up that pit of lava and link the roads up. Ah well back to singleplayer for now.

Edit : it just came back on line again.

Ark

Not sure what's going on with the server, might just be having a small fit.

Speaking of the server, I'll be taking the server offline sometime this week during the day so that I can change over to CommandBook and PermissionsBukkit.

Jhriad

Lax Mike said:
Server's still down for me.

Seems to be up but it just sits there at 'Loggin in' until Minecraft tells me that it was taking too long to respond. Did this the other night as well.

Ark

Minecraft Network Issues
Oct 22 2011 11:56:40 by Clone1000

There appears to be an issue with the Minecraft network currently, this may effect your ability to connect to your server. There is unfortunately nothing our support department can do to rectify this issue and its just a case of waiting it out.

We apologise for the inconvenience of this downtime, we will update this post as more information is available.

Posted yesterday, but seems to be the issue.

Segnit

Banned
OgTheClever said:

Guilty as charged. Last week I opened the gate by mistake and you lost a shit load of them. This week I figured out how to hatch new chickens and decided to pay back with interest. Took me the better half of a day. I hope you enjoyed the slaughter.

Woorloog

Banned
Segnit said:
Guilty as charged. Last week I opened the gate by mistake and you lost a shit load of them. This week I figured out how to hatch new chickens and decided to pay back with interest. Took me the better half of a day. I hope you enjoyed the slaughter.
:D
Is this going to mean chicken breeding war?

macewank

kind of disappointing that the netcode for this game relies on a master server to connect to a private server.. would think that would affect logins, but once i'm in? it should just work =/

macewank said:
kind of disappointing that the netcode for this game relies on a master server to connect to a private server.. would think that would affect logins, but once i'm in? it should just work =/
Skins need to be downloaded as well. It'll probably also used to verify things like exclusive capes and hats in the future.

guest1321

So total Miner just popped up my xbox live and it looks more or less like Minecraft. I recall hearing the Minecraft might be coming to xbox live at some point; Is this it?

guest1321 said:
So total Miner just popped up my xbox live and it looks more or less like Minecraft. I recall hearing the Minecraft might be coming to xbox live at some point; Is this it?

Nope. Unless you see something literally called minecraft, any minecraft look-alikes are going to be cash-ins/knock-offs made by others.

Total Miner is one of three knock offs I noticed in the Indie Games section a few nights ago. Blatant, shameless knockoffs sitting there right next to Angry Fish.

N-Bomb

CrAzYLeGzLU said:
I'm able to log in. :)

Hey man, sorry about not being around to help out with the Maze - still getting my computer up and running.

On topic - can someone explain the changes in 1.8 (I think? or is it 1.9) to world height? People (including me) seem to like building towers, and I assume this would have some bearing on that.

N-Bomb said:
Hey man, sorry about not being around to help out with the Maze - still getting my computer up and running.

On topic - can someone explain the changes in 1.8 (I think? or is it 1.9) to world height? People (including me) seem to like building towers, and I assume this would have some bearing on that.

Oh it's no problem I've been busy with other projects on the server, and I only come back to my maze from time to time. And sorry about just disappearing the other night my internet died.

guest1321 said:

Don't give money to rip-offs, give money to ones inspired by Minecraft, like Terraria.

Ranger X

What I can't believe is that I might just buy Minecraft again on XBLA if the version runs silky smooth and that it works great with the controller...

Ranger X said:
What I can't believe is that I might just buy Minecraft again on XBLA if the version runs silky smooth and that it works great with the controller...
I think the bigger question is will it be 240ms points like the clones are or will it be more?

Either way I'll get it.

Jasoco

Banned
Unless the Xbox version is exactly the same as the PC version AND can sync my worlds, I wouldn't bother. I'd rather get a 360 controller and set it up to use on my MBP. I'm trying to get away from my Xbox. All I ever play on it anymore is nothing and sometimes an XBLA game.

Salaadin

Top Bottom