• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

mrfolego

Banned
This is probably common knowledge by now so I'll just ask, will minecraft be getting forced gfwl if it is cross platform online play like I read? :/

Vlad

mrfolego said:
This is probably common knowledge by now so I'll just ask, will minecraft be getting forced gfwl if it is cross platform online play like I read? :/

Might help if you pointed us to where you read it.

Takuya

Banned
mrfolego said:
I don't think Notch wants to commit Minecraft suicide.

macewank

Krovan said:
I'm pretty sure everyone on NeoCraft is getting tired of the maintenance role required by the addition of endermen. Ark, is there any chance we could get that no-block-removal by endermen mod that you talked about a while back?

+1

as the size of our projects gets bigger, this is becoming more and more of a chore. I'm 100% behind eliminating the endermen's ability to move my blocks.

Speaking of server plugins... If it exists, can we get one that kicks people from the server if they have been AFK for too long pretty please? So many times I have been foiled to sleep in bed to skip the dreaded night time because of AFK people. :s

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so hows everyone doing on their hardcore save file?

i found a seed where there is only one tree, no surface coal, no caves and no animal spawns [ocean in front/desert behind] and after several attempts i've managed to finally not starve to death.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Pandaman said:
so hows everyone doing on their hardcore save file?

i found a seed where there is only one tree, no surface coal, no caves and no animal spawns [ocean in front/desert behind] and after several attempts i've managed to finally not starve to death.

I haven't played my hardcore save very much yet. Well, my second hardcore game. My first HC game ended on the third morning when a surprise creeper got me at dawn. Never saw him coming, lol.

I haven't touched single player much lately, been spending all of my time on Neocraft.

mrfolego said:
I read about cross platform play around the time everyone knew about the 360 game announcement. Not true?

They mentioned cross-platform play and Kinect when it was announced afaik. As such, Minecraft will most likely feature GFWL somewhere down the line.

Jasoco

Banned
rezuth said:
Anyone think we'll get a themed update for Halloween?
We ain't getting anything until the game is released. They're in feature freeze mode cleaning up the code until it shines right now. Nothing new will come out until November's final release.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mengy said:
I haven't played my hardcore save very much yet. Well, my second hardcore game. My first HC game ended on the third morning when a surprise creeper got me at dawn. Never saw him coming, lol.
i got endermanned while climbing out of a ravine n my first hardcore playthrough.

i think im in a good spot now though. i've cleared a stronghold, i have a water fortress so no mobs can spawn near me and im up to diamond tools with full iron armour sets. every few days i cross the desert to hunt chickens. i got lost once and spent a night in a hole waiting for the sun to rise and show me the way home. it was terrifying.

So I have started settling into my new little mountaintop castle home. Will post pics as soon as I can log onto the server, but I'm digging on into the side of a cliff. Not sure how much I want to transform the cliffside or leave it natural, as it looks pretty awesome already.

Chuckpebble

Am I the only one that wishes the difficulty setting was attached to the save file instead of a global option.

I was further exploring a well lit ravine tonight, so I didn't really notice anything. Then I stumbled across a skeleton spawner and hastily plastered the thing with torches, astonished that I didn't see one skelly. Then I realized what was going on. I'd been messing around with my creative world (yeah, I know, you don't take damage, but creepers still blow your shit up) which I use on peaceful.

This isn't the first time I've been burned by this, and its certainly not the worst, but still quite irritating.

Ranger X

Do Endermen pick up your shit in Creative Mode?

Edit: I suppose so... Oh well, I really need an "anti-spawn powder" or ennemies settings in a futur update.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
OK, I started building a transportation system to help me get around the server,and so far I've got this:
KS0Vq.jpg

Red dots are locations I would like to be able to be accessed via my network.

Blue lines are the lowest priority for building, and I doubt I'll build them unless I get bored.

Green are Prioritized projects.

The red denotes work in progress/completed. I've nearly completed my railway from my base to Arktown, but I just need some more powered rails to make the return trip possible.

I'm also debating whether to make the routes underground in order to be efficient, or above ground for a more scenic approach. If it's above ground, I'll need to be more roundabout and build out of the way of other projects, though the endermen might present a problem.

Any suggestions?

Mengy

Lax Mike said:
OK, I started building a transportation system to help me get around the server,and so far I've got this:

Red dots are locations I would like to be able to be accessed via my network.

Blue lines are the lowest priority for building, and I doubt I'll build them unless I get bored.

Green are Prioritized projects.

The red denotes work in progress/completed. I've nearly completed my railway from my base to Arktown, but I just need some more powered rails to make the return trip possible.

I'm also debating whether to make the routes underground in order to be efficient, or above ground for a more scenic approach. If it's above ground, I'll need to be more roundabout and build out of the way of other projects, though the endermen might present a problem.

Any suggestions?

Ah, so you are the guy building the rail line near my fortress? Cool.

I'll give a few suggestions:

- forget about the blue lines for now. And maybe even that green one that goes west into the desert. When 1.9 is released Ark is going to trim the map down, so I wouldn't build that far out just yet.

- for transportation rails I usually prefer above ground, I like scenic views along the way. But I always end up mixing in some below ground sections. Depends on terrain or if the rail line gets close to buildings or places that I don't want a rail line bed as part of the view.

- make sure the rail is lit very well. You don't want endermen stealing blocks beneath your rails making you lose track pieces.

Good luck!

Mengy said:
- for transportation rails I usually prefer above ground, I like scenic views along the way.

I feel the same way about transportation rails, it is much more interesting to watch the scenery go by. I am thinking about implementing a rail system from the spawn point to Dome City but it will be an elevated one set on "Y" struts running alongside the road I have built. It won't be too high in the air, probably about 7-8 metres/blocks high.

celebi23

Krovan said:
I think the better question is why you would store it as balls and take 4 times the space.
Eh, not sure why. Here's another project that I'm working on (I left the coordinates screen on so you guys can come visit)
2ex7wih.png

It's not done yet. Oh, might anyone have some extra white wool to trade? I kinda need a lot for the interior of the Apple Store. If you have some, please shoot me a pm. Thanks!

notsol337

marked forever
Bomber Bob said:

It's creative mode missing a bunch of blocks. I personally abuse it daily at work in between customers, and I love it. It just depends on how much you think you'd play with a neutered creative mode.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
CrAzYLeGzLU said:
Maybe that is where he lives? But living that far out will most likely be trimmed.
It's not were I live, but it's where I found the floating island I mentioned on the last page, along with some other great landmarks. I don't have any problem with it being trimmed though.

spuit*11

Banned
Can we get an update on the Tectonicus map?

I need to know what my stuff looks like thus far. I'm afraid I've ballsed it up terribly.

Mengy

Articalys said:
1.9 Prerelease Fiveeeeee

Skyrim is right around the corner, so release time is near. I hope it gets patched soon and gives me some time to enjoy it before Skyrim because, well, after then, I'll be busy for a while...

Ark

Mengy said:
Skyrim is right around the corner, so release time is near. I hope it gets patched soon and gives me some time to enjoy it before Skyrim because, well, after then, I'll be busy for a while...

Skyrim whoop! :D

Top Bottom