• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ark said:
Skyrim whoop! :D

Of course that is assuming that my four year old DuoCore with an 8800GT can even run Skyrim. If not, then I'll be playing a whole lot of Minecraft 1.9 while I slap together a new Sandy Bridge PC for the holidays...

Ark

Mengy said:
Of course that is assuming that my four year old DuoCore with an 8800GT can even run Skyrim. If not, then I'll be playing a whole lot of Minecraft 1.9 while I slap together a new Sandy Bridge PC for the holidays...

It seems like we're in almost exactly the same boat :lol

I'll be very surprised if my terrible computer wont run Skyrim with the specs Bethesda have released.

celebi23

bhhvz4.png

The NeoCraft Apple Store at night

Bomber Bob said:

I have to agree with Dejay, I love minecraft and I love my Galaxy S phone but minecraft with a touchscreen is just so urggggggggh. I tried the demo and played it for a couple of minutes and unistalled it. That is before you realise it is creative mode only (no survival).

N-Bomb

celebi23 said:
Eh, not sure why. Here's another project that I'm working on (I left the coordinates screen on so you guys can come visit)
2ex7wih.png

It's not done yet. Oh, might anyone have some extra white wool to trade? I kinda need a lot for the interior of the Apple Store. If you have some, please shoot me a pm. Thanks!

haha, nice. Man you should use the aluminum door instead though ;)

Lax Mike

Neo Member
First off, thank you whoever figured out the Glass trick for increased sprint-jump speed. Instead of laboring away looking for ores to create immense numbers of railways and powered railways, I can accomplish the same level of quick transportation with much less work.

However, with this comes the need for lots of food to replenish the hunger bar. So, I'll need to have "Fueling Stations" along the network to replenish food supplies.

So, it looks like my highway is going green with these renewable fuels :)

Also, sorry if the system looks awkward now, I'm sorry. I would put it on the ground if it weren't for endermen easily being able to ruin it. I'm trying to get a basic layout before adding aesthetics, so just be patient, and if need be, I'll relocate some of the sections underground.

So far, I have this:
HCsBc.jpg

I put a stop at the community farm north of Pioneer in order to have a easy access route to food, but it seems endermen beat me there, and is not exactly running out full capacity.

Any other suggestions?

mcrae

Lax Mike said:
First off, thank you whoever figured out the Glass trick for increased sprint-jump speed. Instead of laboring away looking for ores to create immense numbers of railways and powered railways, I can accomplish the same level of quick transportation with much less work.

However, with this comes the need for lots of food to replenish the hunger bar. So, I'll need to have "Fueling Stations" along the network to replenish food supplies.

So, it looks like my highway is going green with these renewable fuels :)

Also, sorry if the system looks awkward now, I'm sorry. I would put it on the ground if it weren't for endermen easily being able to ruin it. I'm trying to get a basic layout before adding aesthetics, so just be patient, and if need be, I'll relocate some of the sections underground.

So far, I have this:
http://i.imgur.com/HCsBc.jpg[/IG]

I put a stop at the community farm north of Pioneer in order to have a easy access route to food, but it seems endermen beat me there, and is not exactly running out full capacity.

Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

im sad that my farm was ruined by endermen :( just tried to hop on and fix it, but apparantly my new graphics card doesnt like java, or something.

Krovan

Neo Member
Lax Mike said:
Any other suggestions?

I said it once and I'll say it again: they intend to make it so there is a delay in jumps so the speed boost no longer functions.
"There is a slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button, so that the player no longer bounces between ceiling and floor in two-block-high spaces." (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features)

The ones around already are kind of eyesores
xqglw.png

I know it's a work in progress, but there's a bridge across this water directly next to this one that looks great. Making a second one just for the purpose of speeding around just detracts from the existing work.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are warps directly between some of your red spots. There's no reason to make paths that aren't scenic or add to the scenery that accomplish slower travel than available warps.

So for suggestions: if there's an existing connection between places and you feel there's a pressing need for a speed passage, put it underground.

Krovan

Neo Member
Jhriad said:
Ark is there any way we could get the updated Worldguard or something that protects against Endermen?

Everytime someone logs on these days they grumble about endermen. The valley near my new project is already turning to swiss cheese.

dejay

Banned
Bomber Bob said:

In my opinion, although I've only tried it on my phone and not a tablet. The usual complaints exist for touch screen controls and as such it's just a pain in the neck to use creative mode.

Krovan said:
I said it once and I'll say it again: they intend to make it so there is a delay in jumps so the speed boost no longer functions.
"There is a slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button, so that the player no longer bounces between ceiling and floor in two-block-high spaces." (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features)

xqglw.png

I know it's a work in progress, but there's a bridge across this water directly next to this one that looks great. Making a second one just for the purpose of speeding around just detracts from the existing work.

Also, I'm pretty sure there are warps directly between some of your red spots. There's no reason to make paths that aren't scenic or add to the scenery that accomplish slower travel than available warps.

So for suggestions: if there's an existing connection between places and you feel there's a pressing need for a speed passage, put it underground.

A post of thruthliness. Sorry L_M.

Whoah... performance boost on 1.9 pre 5 is awesome... my crappy laptop can run it with fancy graphics again. I forgot how much nicer transparent leaves were.

onken

I just installed the Pocket Edition demo. It's pretty good, runs really well on my phone but yeah, no survival mode and no crafting is really kinda :/ Are there any plans to expand it at all?

Mik2121

Krovan said:

xqglw.png

Wow.. that's ugly. I'm taking a small break from Minecraft because I kind of burned myself after playing for so many hours building the bridge and part of the Cathedral, but I will be back to the Cathedral this weekend. After that, I already had planned making a big bridge over there, kinda like the London Bridge. So yeah, it'd be nice if that thing disappeared...

Vlad

Diomedeskun said:
Whoah... performance boost on 1.9 pre 5 is awesome... my crappy laptop can run it with fancy graphics again. I forgot how much nicer transparent leaves were.

Yeah, I've noticed the same. While I can't go back to running it on Far render distance yet (there's actually a warning message that pops up if I try to set it to it now, so at least they're aware of the issue), my framerate has massively improved from P4.

Krovan said:
Pretty much this, that glass roof over the roads in New Castleton is damn ugly and really lowers the tone of the area. It is also completely pointless because as others have said the bug will be fixed in the next update.

Ranger X said:
Well, if there's enough noise about those damn Endermen, Notch will do something.

So please guys continue to complain :)

As far as I am aware Notch has done something about the Endermen the problem is the fix didn't happen till 1.9 and the server is still on 1.8.1. Once the server gets updated to 1.9 the Endermen won't be an issue.

Mengy

Xun said:
Who the fuck destroyed my house? I'm seriously fucking pissed off right now.

No idea Xun, was the house around the chests in this pic? You don't have a "before" pic, do you? How big of a place was it?

Someone else on the server was complaining last night about their place being messed with, I forget who it was. I guess our griefers are still around. :(

Xun

Mengy said:
No idea Xun, was the house around the chests in this pic? You don't have a "before" pic, do you? How big of a place was it?

Someone else on the server was complaining last night about their place being messed with, I forget who it was. I guess our griefers are still around. :(
Yeah the house surrounded the chests, which has now been replaced with dirt and trees.

The place wasn't too big, but it's still a fucking nuisance and just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

CharmingCharlie mentioned a guy called Riverdorn being on last night, and if I recall correctly he was a troublemaker.

rezuth

Xun said:
Who the fuck destroyed my house? I'm seriously fucking pissed off right now.

hUM7K.png
Did they also grow those trees or were they already there? Cuz if not I guess you can trace them via the trees?

Ark

Xun said:
Yeah the house surrounded the chests, which has now been replaced with dirt and trees.

The place wasn't too big, but it's still a fucking nuisance and just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

CharmingCharlie mentioned a guy called Riverdorn being on last night, and if I recall correctly he was a troublemaker.

I don't remember Riverdorn causing any trouble at all, he used to just build stuff far away and be terrible at typing correctly.

Ark said:
I don't remember Riverdorn causing any trouble at all, he used to just build stuff far away and be terrible at typing correctly.

Hm something doesn't add up with this Riverdorn, if he was a citizen before then why was he bugging me last night on how to become a citizen and what the server was called ? I was pretty much on my own last night on the server for a good few hours and I really got a bad vibe from the guy. So much so I even took a screenshot of the chat :-

I7IRP.jpg

I dunno he just acted weird, he kept logging on and off and I just got a really bad vibe.

Xun

CharmingCharlie said:
Hm something doesn't add up with this Riverdorn, if he was a citizen before then why was he bugging me last night on how to become a citizen and what the server was called ? I was pretty much on my own last night on the server for a good few hours and I really got a bad vibe from the guy. So much so I even took a screenshot of the chat :-

http://i.imgur.com/I7IRP.jpg

I dunno he just acted weird, he kept logging on and off and I just got a really bad vibe.
Strange.

Ark

CharmingCharlie said:

http://i.imgur.com/I7IRP.jpg[IMG]

I dunno he just acted weird, he kept logging on and off and I just got a really bad vibe.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..Will people keep an eye-out for him if you see him online? I'll check out the server log later on to see if I can find anything in there.

Jasoco

Banned
Why would someone meticulously remove an entire house leaving only the chests (Since I assume they're locked) and then grow trees in its place as if they want to trick you into thinking you never had a house there? That's just... silly. If it weren't for the chests, it would be hilarious. But with the chests being left behind, it's just a stupid annoyance.

I remember months ago the last time I logged on I was the only one around for a while and I had a shadow. Someone was just following me for a long time. I didn't want to be rude, but as soon as another person logged on I warped to Al-Medina and didn't see him since.

Segnit

Banned
I've played around quite a bit with Riverdorn and he's always been cool. I know that's not saying much but it's something. In any case, It sucks that griefers are still around.

Also, I hope the griefers aren't reading this because I don't want them finding my massive 40story Tower of Babylon in the south east. Rumour has it that one of the floors is made entirely of diamond bricks.

Ark

Segnit said:
Also, I hope the griefers aren't reading this because I don't want them finding my massive 40story Tower of Babylon in the south east. Rumour has it that one of the floors is made entirely of diamond bricks.

Atrapitis.gif

Ark

Complex Shadow said:
Ark what setting is the server mob spawn rate at. Easy , med or hard?

There isn't a way to set it, at least not that I know of. There is a 'total' number of monsters that can spawn at any one time, I think I set that to 850 (don't ask why), but I'll lower that and see if that does anything.

EDIT: Lowered it to 650, tell me if it changes anything :)

Mengy

Jasoco said:
I remember months ago the last time I logged on I was the only one around for a while and I had a shadow. Someone was just following me for a long time. I didn't want to be rude, but as soon as another person logged on I warped to Al-Medina and didn't see him since.

Hah, something similar happened to me once on the old server in Booty Bay. I was working on the community mine and this guy I'd never seen before comes trotting down the stairs. I can't remember his name but he had a He-Man skin on his character. And he was holding a feather. Anyway he proceeds to just follow me around while I mine out stone and set things up for the branches. After awhile I noticed he had switched to a hoe,and he seemed to be hitting blocks along the walls after I had mined there, almost like he was just testing them for integrity or something. I tried talking to him but he never said anything, just followed me around looking all over in what seemed like wonder, every now and then holding odd stuff in his hand.

He eventually walked up the stairs and I don't think I've ever seen him again. Wish I could remember what his name was.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ark said:
There isn't a way to set it, at least not that I know of. There is a 'total' number of monsters that can spawn at any one time, I think I set that to 850 (don't ask why), but I'll lower that and see if that does anything.

EDIT: Lowered it to 650, tell me if it changes anything :)
Oh I am happy with 850. Doesn't bother me. Can't Say the same for the other gaffers. I just wanted to know so I can scale my "project" that I will start on after minecraft comes out.

Ark

Just so everyone knows, the server has another three months on it now. Big thanks to everyone that has donated since May :)

xnxl5x.png

Complex Shadow said:
Oh I am happy with 850. Doesn't bother me. Can't same the for other gaffers. I just wanted to know so I can scale my "project" that I will start on after minecraft comes out.

In that case, I'll change it back then :lol

MackVee

Neo Member
Hey Ark is there anything else I need to do to become a citizen besides PM'ing you, or am I just being impatient and it takes a while?

Vlad

Jasoco said:
Why would someone meticulously remove an entire house leaving only the chests (Since I assume they're locked) and then grow trees in its place as if they want to trick you into thinking you never had a house there? That's just... silly. If it weren't for the chests, it would be hilarious. But with the chests being left behind, it's just a stupid annoyance.

I gotta say, though.. that's the most meticulous instance of griefing I've ever seen. Normally it's just someone filling a building with water or lava, removing a few blocks here and there, or filling the place with cobblestone.

This, though... that takes dedication to your cause.

Mengy

Vlad said:
I gotta say, though.. that's the most meticulous instance of griefing I've ever seen. Normally it's just someone filling a building with water or lava, removing a few blocks here and there, or filling the place with cobblestone.

This, though... that takes dedication to your cause.

The only thing better would be if they had MOVED the house like a couple dozen blocks over, but left the chests there alone. That would be like an Inception level of griefing

Ark

MackVee said:
Hey Ark is there anything else I need to do to become a citizen besides PM'ing you, or am I just being impatient and it takes a while?

If I haven't added you or replied within 48 hours, send me another PM. Chances are I read the PM, said I'd add you later, and then totally forgot about it.

Sorry I forgot to add you, but you're added now :)

Mengy said:
The only thing better would be if they had MOVED the house like a couple dozen blocks over, but left the chests there alone. That would be like an Inception level of griefing

That is such a good idea.

Top Bottom