• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

MackVee

Neo Member
Complex Shadow said:
Your being impatient
Sorry, I really don't mean to be. To much Minecraft on the mind and I really want to help with out with contruction after Almeister and Korvan provided me with suppiles to help me survive. Very nice of them.

edit. Thank you Ark.

Jasoco

Banned
Vlad said:
I gotta say, though.. that's the most meticulous instance of griefing I've ever seen. Normally it's just someone filling a building with water or lava, removing a few blocks here and there, or filling the place with cobblestone.

This, though... that takes dedication to your cause.
If you're gonna go through that much trouble, you might as well rebuild it about 10 meters to the left or something just to fuck with the owner. At least they'd still have their materials and a funny story.

Vlad

Jasoco said:
If you're gonna go through that much trouble, you might as well rebuild it about 10 meters to the left or something just to fuck with the owner. At least they'd still have their materials and a funny story.

Yeah, or turn it around 180 degrees or something...

<comes home>
"WTF, I could have sworn I build that door so it was facing north..."

LilZippa

Vlad said:
Yeah, or turn it around 180 degrees or something...

<comes home>
"WTF, I could have sworn I build that door so it was facing north..."

I'd laugh if my castle was moved 90 degrees. That would take so much work.

Edit: BTW what is this glass trick?

Blizzard

Banned
Is the new server whitelisted? There HAS to be a way to catch the person or people, if it's a gaffer and it's been on multiple servers. Maybe you should only add one person per month and hope you catch them that way. =P

Vlad

Blizzard said:
Is the new server whitelisted? There HAS to be a way to catch the person or people, if it's a gaffer and it's been on multiple servers. Maybe you should only add one person per month and hope you catch them that way. =P

Well, there was a plugin that Mikor and Exano were running on the Civil Wars server at one point that allowed them to see which player had altered a specific block last. It was used several times to catch griefers. However, I seem to recall Ark saying something like the hosting company for the current NeoCraft server didn't support it or something...

Ark

Vlad said:
Well, there was a plugin that Mikor and Exano were running on the Civil Wars server at one point that allowed them to see which player had altered a specific block last. It was used several times to catch griefers. However, I seem to recall Ark saying something like the hosting company for the current NeoCraft server didn't support it or something...

I could put it on, but it would conflict with the server code making the server lag into Skyrim (see what I did there? I'm so clever).

trinest

What is the NeoGaf Server like? I've never played on it and been in the vibe for Minecraft.

It's a raw game right- no item making and mods and stuff just basic Minecraft?

LilZippa

N-Bomb said:
Whichever jackass it was vandalized my grotto too. Had a private door and everything. Trees underground. :\

I think I may have tunneled into a path with a door, but is your grotto the whole ravine? I put some trees in a ravine so I had a source of wood while I was connecting the three ravines in the area. I came from the north side and didn't see your stuff till I tunneled to the south.

Blizzard

Banned
Jasoco said:
That's why there should be a whitelist.
I think the problem is that people get on the whitelist and, whether they're GAF people or not, proceed to grief. They're just doing it stealthily because it's funny for them to watch reactions and play it as a game not to get caught, presumably.

I just PM'ed ARC about getting build, it's tough fending off mobs using just my fistacuffs lol.

I was exploring the server the best I could before getting murdered at night hahaha, but definitely enjoy it. I found that apple store and was killed by the skeleton employees.

I'm hosting two private servers and like others it's strictly friends. (One creative and one survival).

Rokam

Spent a couple hours underground in single player, massive cavern. When I came up I was lost, and quickly fell off a mountain and died. All my diamonds gone!!! It's going to take me forever to find that specific mountain lol. Oh well. Thanks all for the help tonight and crazylegs had fun in your maze!

Ark from the last time we were griefed said:
There are a couple of things I have in mind, but until the 25th October, I'm seriously strapped for time.

The first thing being that I simply restart the citizen process. Keeping the people that are actively trusted (and donators/vets ofc) on the list, and removing everyone else. Could also possibly implement the Towny plugin to stop peasants (I'll promote people to peasants instead of straight to citizen) from possibly griefing any towns we create.

Just leaving this here ;) Could we have a vote to see whether people want to introduce a proper whitelist or something? As the griefing clearly isn't going away, and we need to do something about it.

Ark

Mister_Bubbles said:
Just leaving this here ;) Could we have a vote to see whether people want to introduce a proper whitelist or something? As the griefing clearly isn't going away, and we need to do something about it.

A whitelist wont change anything, the system in place already serves the same purpose, you can't build or destroy unless you're promoted to a Citizen.

What I can do though, is wipe the player list (except for admins, mods, donators & veterans) and find a more effective grief-proof way to add people to Citizens.

Xun

Ok, glad I started rebuilding the house.

Here's what I noticed when I returned.

tR1vl.png

Upon closer inspection the griefer left a message.

2G9Wt.png

I wonder who it is... hmmm.
I'm 99.9% sure it's riverdorn.

I noticed a few others in the area had been griefed as well.

celebi23

Xun said:

tR1vl.png

2G9Wt.png

I wonder who it is... hmmm.
I'm 99.9% sure it's riverdorn.

I noticed a few others in the area had been griefed as well.
That's fucked up man :( I wonder if he's the same griefer that fucked with my underground farm >_<

N-Bomb

LilZippa said:
I think I may have tunneled into a path with a door, but is your grotto the whole ravine? I put some trees in a ravine so I had a source of wood while I was connecting the three ravines in the area. I came from the north side and didn't see your stuff till I tunneled to the south.

This was way underground. There was lava in there and some springs. It was off of the main mine shaft, up some stairs. Had a sign in front, bunch of torches inside for light.

Ark

Ubermatik said:
Hey Ark, what're the specs of the NeoGAF server?

I have absolutely no idea.

All I know is that it has 1.5GB RAM and an SSD. Such are the joys of using hosting companies.

Zomba13

Xun said:

http://i.imgur.com/tR1vl.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2G9Wt.png[IMG]

I wonder who it is... [I][B]hmmm[/B][/I]. [spoiler]I'm 99.9% sure it's riverdorn.[/spoiler]

I noticed a few others in the area had been griefed as well.[/QUOTE]
Wow. Whoever did that is a cunt.

I hopped on last night to check my place and it was fine (it did get kinda griefed a while ago but it was just a bunch of cobble put inside my house).

Also the signs make it seem like Riverdorn (I don't know the guy nor played when he's on the server. Just going by that one screenshot of the chatlog with him in it and the signs).
Either that or someone trying to frame him.

Ark said:
I have absolutely no idea.

All I know is that it has 1.5GB RAM and an SSD. Such are the joys of using hosting companies.

Ah okay, just wondered. Always thought about giving you guys my server space (2GB RAM), but it's not up 24/7...

Ark said:
Only 6 people on the server atm, although CPU usage has sky rocketed, so someone must be doing something resource intensive.

Just double checking here, but it isn't me is it ? I have been working on my dome all day. I don't know how minecraft online works but it can't be easy on the cpu rendering a 15,000 dome.

Ark

CharmingCharlie said:
Just double checking here, but it isn't me is it ? I have been working on my dome all day. I don't know how minecraft online works but it can't be easy on the cpu rendering a 15,000 dome.

Something like mass-mobs or mass mob slaughter, or mass TNT explosions would do it.

It may well also be plugins causing the issue.

Rapstah

Treefingers said:
I'm guessing it's someone's little brother on their account or something.
About that, who brought Riverdorn onto the server? I can't recall him ever writing more clearly than that and I remember seeing him for a couple of months at least. If we assume that's how he types normally and that it's not a younger brother of some kind, he couldn't possibly have a GAF account. So who does he know who told him to join so they could play together?

EDIT: If I'm a little to ambitious about this whole thing, I just love catching griefers. A little too much maybe.

Ark

Togglesworlh said:
Well, he's not normally a dick, so that doesn't really make sense.

I meant that by you calling him a dick, that's why. You're generally quite quick to throw out the insults.

Top Bottom