• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark said:
I meant that by you calling him a dick, that's why. You're generally quite quick to throw out the insults.
He accused me of griefing, when I've talked before about how I'd never grief anyone in Minecraft because I'd feel awful about it. Yeah, I'm the one at fault here.

Plus, I know him. :3

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Anyone know any techniques for finding monster spawners?

I'm trying to build this item farm I saw on reddit, but it requires a spawner. I've never seen one in game before.

Blizzard

Banned
Togglesworlh said:
You're kidding right? I've never griefed anyone in Minecraft. Don't be a dick.
I didn't say you've griefed, but I'm being a dick? You've said stuff like, saying a griefing video is awesome. Another GAF member said the same thing when it was posted.

You also said people should fight back instead of complaining about griefers.

Now, that doesn't mean you'd ever grief, but you can understand how saying something is "awesome" or calling people "babbies" and saying you wish you were playing on the server when griefers are around, might make people question you. Or a post where you said "Haha, owned" after someone posts a picture about lava griefing?

I understand you might not ACTUALLY grief anything, but you have to understand that your attitude might lead some to wonder, that's all.

Blizzard said:
I understand you might not ACTUALLY grief anything, but you have to understand that your attitude might lead some to wonder, that's all.
I've told you specifically in the past, on Steam, that I would never grief Minecraft. I spelled out my exact reasons for this stance.

Yes, I think griefing is hilarious. Yes, I think griefers make the game more interesting. Yes, I think people who are that bothered by griefing have issues.

But I'd still never do it. You should know better than to accuse me of these things. You know me pretty well as it is.

Zomba13

Togglesworlh said:
I've told you specifically in the past, on Steam, that I would never grief Minecraft. I spelled out my exact reasons for this stance.

Yes, I think griefing is hilarious. Yes, I think griefers make the game more interesting. Yes, I think people who are that bothered by griefing have issues.

But I'd still never do it. You should know better than to accuse me of these things. You know me pretty well as it is.
Really?

I mean, I guess we all can't be fine with having stuff we've worked on ruined for no reason other than 'teh lulz', but to say people bothered by it have issues?
That bothers me.

What also bothers me are griefers. People who ruin other peoples fun just to be dicks or because they like fucking up other peoples work.

Guess I'm just a big baby with issues or something.

Zomba13 said:
Eh, "issues" is a strong word, I admit. I completely empathize with people being upset. That's why I'll never grief.

I just don't understand why people get so upset. That doesn't really make sense, I guess... I suck at words. Sorry. ):

I just think it's a silly thing to be upset about. It's just a game. Granted, a game with a lot of investment, and creative output, but a game nonetheless.

Ark

Togglesworlh said:
Eh, "issues" is a strong word, I admit. I completely empathize with people being upset. That's why I'll never grief.

I just don't understand why people get so upset. That doesn't really make sense, I guess... I suck at words. Sorry. ):

I just think it's a silly thing to be upset about. It's just a game. Granted, a game with a lot of investment, and creative output, but a game nonetheless.

You build a car from scratch, a kit-car or whatever they're called.

Some thug comes along in the night and smashes it to pieces and leaves on the left-rear wheel on your drive, and you're not supposed to get upset?

As the years move on the 'it's just a game' phrase becomes less and less meaningful.

Ranger X

Well, not that the fire needs more gaz but i'd ban people from Neocraft just for bad mentality or posts in this very thread. Better be safe than sorry. You should unleash the ban hammer of fear Ark. It's your server and it should run in your terms.

And toggle, a Minecraft game is long term, it's normal people care about their "progress". It's not having issues.

Atomski

Ark said:
You build a car from scratch, a kit-car or whatever they're called.

Some thug comes along in the night and smashes it to pieces and leaves on the left-rear wheel on your drive, and you're not supposed to get upset?

As the years move on the 'it's just a game' phrase becomes less and less meaningful.
Playing minecraft online is like leaving your precious car on the bad side of town with the keys in the ignition.

Honestly it blows my mind people get upset about their buildings getting messed with in this game. Ive built plenty of stuff only to lose it. It only makes me want to start fresh. Maybe I have a more Buddhist view of things though.. I know nothing last forever. If that bothered me Id be upset about tons of stupid stuff.

Ranger X

Anyways it's not about what we think. Playing in community is no different than being in community anywhere in real life. Many people don't like something? don't do it. It's called "knowing how to live/behave in society". Many people don't like griefing, well, nobody should therefore do it, whatever what their opinion on griefing is.

Sooo, Ark mate... Your sister built this cobblestone rectangle a couple of weeks ago:

11u9s8h.png

It's one block away from Jsunu's epic church, and has stacks of dirt outside it and whatnot - could we knock it down? It's kinda really taking away from the surrounding environs.

MackVee

Neo Member
I present, Mackville (work in progress) - Communal living for the working Minecraftian.

anvdg.jpg

That hole goes all the way down to the bed rock. Didn't find much rare materials while digging. :(

My first major build and I'm quite pleased with the progress. :)

No worries here. Contrary to popular belief in this thread, I'm remarkably light-hearted. Even if I have some insane beliefs and positions. :D

And now I'll stop posting about it 'cause the thread is about Minecraft.

Ark

Mister_Bubbles said:
It's one block away from Jsunu's epic church, and has stacks of dirt outside it and whatnot - could we knock it down? It's kinda really taking away from the surrounding environs.

Err, no?

EDIT:

I don't even know where this is o_o

Blizzard

Banned
That Mackville building vaguely reminds me of a famous building that's made of little square blocks, but I can't remember what it was called or find any pictures. :( It's like a giant apartment building.

MackVee said:
I present, Mackville (work in progress) - Communal living for the working Minecraftian.

anvdg.jpg

That hole goes all the way down to the bed rock. Didn't find much rare materials while digging. :(

My first major build and I'm quite pleased with the progress. :)

Really nice work there, must have taken awhile to do. Kudos on the concept.

_dd_ said:
Could someone give me the server details?
Ill help you hunt him

Quote the 3rd post of this thread and it'll have the information for Ark's server.

EDIT: And no need to hunt the griefer anymore he's been caught and his building privileges revoked.

Zomba13

CrAzYLeGzLU said:
Quote the 3rd post of this thread and it'll have the information for Ark's server.

EDIT: And no need to hunt the griefer anymore he's been caught and his building privileges revoked.
:eek: who was it?

Zomba13

CrAzYLeGzLU said:
riverdorn
Oh wow.

He must really be stupid then leaving that sign. I mean, I kinda thought it was someone trying to frame him. I mean he has such a distinctive way of typing.

Zomba13 said:
Oh wow.

He must really be stupid then leaving that sign. I mean, I kinda thought it was someone trying to frame him. I mean he has such a distinctive way of typing.

I agree why would you leave a sign when your most distinctive thing is your lack of grammar.

Concept17

My friend and I just decided to start building on 1.8 instead of waiting for 1.9. We've only had one world we've worked on before this, and really haven't done a whole lot with the game.

Anyway, I've been locally hosting the server (as I had done before) and we can get a couple hours of work done before it starts lagging too much. If I restart or do anything else it simply becomes unplayable. Is this a common problem? I didn't have this problem before 1.8, and everything is pretty much the same setup-wise.

Rokam

So on single player my house is surrounded by tombs each containing Creepers as I didn't want them to get anywhere near the house. Do they despawn or should I grab my bucket of lava to deal with the problem?

Rokam said:
So on single player my house is surrounded by tombs each containing Creepers as I didn't want them to get anywhere near the house. Do they despawn or should I grab my bucket of lava to deal with the problem?

Burn those bastards.

Krovan

Neo Member
DurielBlack said:
How hard is it to get sticky pistons on NeoCraft? I haven't seen Cubes in ages so I assume they are broken in 1.8 or something.

Slimes do spawn in 1.8; I've killed a few on NeoCraft, just gotta get deep, dim, and lucky.

Ark

Zomba13 said:
Oh wow.

According to Krovan he even came online later and started talking in his broken english, then when Krovan told him his building rights had been revoked he said 'Well fuck you all' in perfect english and logged.

Jhriad

CrAzYLeGzLU said:
I haven't seen them on Neocraft since the first couple of weeks. Do they respawn?

Not always in the same place but they are continuing to spawn on Neocraft. I can attest to this with the stacks of slimeballs I currently have. If you find a chunk where a slime has spawned before they will eventually spawn there again. Also it's good to remember that you have a much better chance of getting slimes if the area you're looking for them in is well lit since it eliminates all other spawns.

Top Bottom