• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Satch

Banned
God, you guys are inspiring me to start playing again. My biggest issue is that I always start a new world and just dig around. I never build anything. That gets boring.

Ranger X

Looks like I'm not able to make an effective drowning trap so far. I think it's because the drowning hole is in the middle of the room. (you know, sort of like a toilet)
It's impossible to have the water flow like I need to and bring the goodies at the right place. :(

I'm a bit discouraged right now as I probably will have to redo this room. (it's quite huge)

bathala

Banned
Eccocid said:
If they had some aort of currency or a currency is created by players its a matter of time before it turns in to an Ultima Online with PKs! lol
there is a currency in the server. if type the command money it shows u

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jhriad said:
Are you looking to mine or you looking to explore caves? If you're looking to mine the best mining method IMO is the 2x1x2 method. Essentially make a stairwell down until you get to 13.6 on the height. This will place you in prime diamond territory but one block above most lava pools. Then create shafts all on that 13.6 height like this:

SBBSBBSBBS S= mine shaft
SBBSBBSBBS B=Stone
MMMMMMMMM M= your main hallway
SBBSBBSBBS

Feel free to make your main hallway wider than that (mine is 2 wide). Expand the mine shafts out to a distance you deem acceptable and maybe connect them with a rear hallway as well for easier access on that end. Using this method of shaft mining you should find all the minerals you could possibly need.

If you're just exporing caves ignore this. Also remember that after a certain height diamond becomes extremely rare/nonexistant so it might be better to use iron pickaxes if you're exploring/mining at those heights simply because you might not replenish your diamond stocks fast enough.

cool, thanks. Whats '13.6 height'? Is that one of the axis when you press F3? the shafts going out from the main hallway are just basic 1x2?

IrishNinja

man, rdelaney's pics show some of the best stuff going. i just want nine's pirate ship up there next!

i ran out of gas after my art gallery for a bit, but just starting building up - at the top is a zen garden (so far its your typical greenhouse/atrium, trying to work on that though) and below that is my dojo, which i decided to do in the vein of Five Deadly Venoms. still looking for inspiration there, so lemme know if you have any good ideas!

also: can single fence posts be stacked, and if so, how? Scorpion style's not gonna look right that close to the ground, heh. also: does anyone have 2 obsidian blocks they're not using?! i know they're mad rare, so ill trade!

still thinking im gonna end up building a giant Wu-Tang W out of cobblestone on my roof or something, heh.

ps wolf's roller coaster is gonna be the business.

Blackface

Banned
Question, how do you go about playing on the neogaf server or the server everyone seems to be playing on?

Myself and three of my friends are looking for a cool server, do not plan on griefing at all

Ranger X said:
I am still working on my drowning trap. I tried to make one without using glass but it seems to be impossible. I will have to do like people on the net and use glass it seems.
I am currently having some epic 10 furnace smelting 64 blocks of sands each right now. lolol

I spent around 12 hours, because i mined a very big hall, but the trap thing has been easy.

You make a 2 width river. Well, several 2 width rivers that flows to a main river. When all water is gathered by a single river, make that part with 2-3 blocks high wall in the side of the water, and even with ceiling in the last part, to avoid mobs scaping (specially spiders).

Then, you make the waterfall of 3 tiles depth. In the frontal, you can use glass to see how the mobs fall, but it's not necessary.

In the bottom part, you have to make holes to let water flow, and done. You can modify your "toilet" design to make all flow to the same river.

I had to add a lava security system for the spiders, because they don't get sucked in the waterfall, and remain floating over it. Is the typical lava spike created by adding a climbing stairs in the block below the lava. It's 2 blocks above the water flow. That makes that the others enemies don't die (if they jump to the lava, they'll fall again in the water, got sucked in the waterfall, die by drown), but spiders, even if they don't reach the lava when they are "alone", when there are other enemies pushing from behind, they start jumping higher and, when they hit the lava, they don't fall again to the water, they try to climb more and they die.

Creating the hall has been exhausting. For the next trap, i'm gonna use existant hills, and make it in the exterior, even if this means to have monster loot only in the night.

Ignignort

Blackface said:
Question, how do you go about playing on the neogaf server or the server everyone seems to be playing on?

Myself and three of my friends are looking for a cool server, do not plan on griefing at all

Read the first post

mrklaw

MrArseFace
IrishNinja said:
also: can single fence posts be stacked, and if so, how? Scorpion style's not gonna look right that close to the ground, heh. also: does anyone have 2 obsidian blocks they're not using?! i know they're mad rare, so ill trade!

yep, just follow BooJoh's guide a few posts up and build downward. So eg if you want a stack of single fence posts 4 high, make a pile of dirt 3 high, put a post on it, then dig out the dirt under it and put a post on that, then the next, and so on.

Big Chungus

Decided to rent a server for me and my friends but I can't get server commands to work.

Like if I want to see who's playing, I try typing /playerlist but nothing comes up.

Jhriad

mrklaw said:
cool, thanks. Whats '13.6 height'? Is that one of the axis when you press F3? the shafts going out from the main hallway are just basic 1x2?

13.6 is the value you want to see for 'y' when you press F3 (x=north/south orientation and z=east/west and yes the shafts are basic 1x2. If you're on when I am and you want to see an example I can show you a bit of my mining complex.

Ranger X

DangerousDave said:
You can modify your "toilet" design to make all flow to the same river.

Yeah, that's what I will do tonight. It's now obvious to me that only one "linear" flow will work despise my dream of having something more fancy. ;)
I will also probably have to make a lava killing floor with ladders with spiders, as you did in yours. I guess it's impossible to make a perfect "100% loot" machine. :/
Not that I care about having 100% of what the spiders are dropping mind you.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Renting a server is not too bad, that's like 15 dollars a year per person.

Ranger X said:
Not that I care about having 100% of what the spiders are dropping mind you.

I only want the gunpower of the creepers to make an experiment. Launch several TNT in the same place, from a higher place, in order to make a hole up to the bedrock.

Animal

Banned
So I bought this game 48 hours ago as a little reward for my recent hard work.

I can't stop playing. I feel like a kid getting his first set of legos.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shanadeus said:
Does anyone know of any MLP mods or texture packs?
WCKj2.png

r1chard

Qwomo said:
Girlcraft is excellent, I love her watemelons.
It's a really clean design. It's just a shame about the pink.

Made me go off to the texture pack list again though, and I've grabbed a bunch that might be similar and will test them out tonight.

Ranger X

Finally my drowning device is done!! Looks like there's isn't a thousand kinf of layout that can work. So now unto building spawning floors on top of this...

Death Pool

DeathPool.png

Drowning device and collecting point

DrowningDevice.png

:)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
might try the girlcraft texture pack with my daughter. Its easy to switch them on and off right? just select them from the menu?

Ranger X

I wonder if someone know how far from you bad mobs can spawn at minimum?

Some say it's 24 blocks. Could be 32 too I suppose. Does this means vertically too?
And how far from you can they spawn at maximum?

Eccocid

Ranger X said:
I wonder if someone know how far from you bad mobs can spawn at minimum?

Some say it's 24 blocks. Could be 32 too I suppose. Does this means vertically too?
And how far from you can they spawn at maximum?

i was using that texture hack to make stones invisible..When i was mining i noticed that mobs were usually very far from me in mines. eventho they were like 20 blocks away you can still hear their voices tho.

Eccocid

Attention fo ASSCRAFT players!

Our lovely Tree Town is gone :( It's burnt to ashes :(
Dunno how it started but PorrRich says multiple fires started :(

Ranger X

Eccocid said:
i was using that texture hack to make stones invisible..When i was mining i noticed that mobs were usually very far from me in mines. eventho they were like 20 blocks away you can still hear their voices tho.

And did you ever notice if they thrown themselves down holes? Good mobs don't. When there's like 10-12 blocks without nothing, they won't fall there.
I remember however bad mobs falling on my head while spelunking and some probably from 10 blocks up and more. Anyhow, just curious to know about your experience there.

I want to make spawning floor on my mobs towers but I would be delighted to not make a water each floor. It would save me alot of time. If bad mobs are dumb enough, I will simply make holes and they will all fall into the bottom floor with the water system.

Ranger X said:
And did you ever notice if they thrown themselves down holes? Good mobs don't. When there's like 10-12 blocks without nothing, they won't fall there.
I remember however bad mobs falling on my head while spelunking and some probably from 10 blocks up and more. Anyhow, just curious to know about your experience there.

I want to make spawning floor on my mobs towers but I would be delighted to not make a water each floor. It would save me alot of time. If bad mobs are dumb enough, I will simply make holes and they will all fall into the bottom floor with the water system.

Make 2x2 holes and make water flow from 5 blocks away to the hole, from the four directions. It will look awesome, and it will trap the mobs.

Ranger X

DangerousDave said:
Make 2x2 holes and make water flow from 5 blocks away to the hole, from the four directions. It will look awesome, and it will trap the mobs.

This is sort of what I have on the first floor. Except that it flows 8 blocks away so water doesn't fall under. (with 8 blocks, water stops right at the edge)

Yaweee

I used to feel greedy after walling off a huge island on Exano's server, but after seeing how much shit people built underneath it, I feel a lot better.

I think I'm going to have to build a skyway to the far North; everything under my home has been cleared of Diamond (I got enough to build a pickaxe, but no more).

Ranger X

Eccocid said:
Ranger X join to Asscraft and check the mob grinder there !

Yes, I will eventually come and check it. I just didn't want to check other people's stuff first, I wanted to have some fun experimenting. ;)

Ignignort

I finished building the 'basics' of my house.

It's currently set to public so feel free to visit ignignort, not sure what to build next though

Can anyone tell me how to donate to the minecraft documentary? It only seem to let me use amazon.com, but i'm from Canada. I'd prefer not to have to create a whole new account, but is that the only way to make the donation?

Ranger X

Onion_Relish said:
Can anyone tell me how to donate to the minecraft documentary? It only seem to let me use amazon.com, but i'm from Canada. I'd prefer not to have to create a whole new account, but is that the only way to make the donation?

Can't you make a donation directly on Minecraft.net ?

EDIT: hmm, nevermind.

Sofo

GirlCraft looks great if it wasn't for the Stacy Malibu vibe in it. How do you guys plan your buildings and such? Is there any program that allows you to build with endless materials just to see how it will look? I tried Classic but it was a pain in the ass. I assume there's no such thing, and I'm tired of using notebooks with squares in them. ._. Thanks in advance!

Qwomo

Sofo said:
GirlCraft looks great if it wasn't for the Stacy Malibu vibe in it. How do you guys plan your buildings and such? Is there any program that allows you to build with endless materials just to see how it will look? I tried Classic but it was a pain in the ass. I assume there's no such thing, and I'm tired of using notebooks with squares in them. ._. Thanks in advance!
Graph paper and angry tears.

Top Bottom