• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Thanks for updating the map Toki1776 it was a nice surprise to wake up too and it is appreciated believe me. I have to admit even I am going "WTF" at Dome City and I built it :-

7o1sK.jpg

Just looking at that picture makes me want to build more .......... I really really really need psychiatric help.

I'm shocked we were able to build something that big so fast...And you're not crazy wanting to build another it's a fun experience.

legacyzero

Banned
So I just picked this up GAF. I'm really wanting to create a ton of structures.

I have a question though, is there a way to start a world that is just flat, making it easier to manage?

Any way to farm ender pearls? I'm thinking about making a structure very high, full of holes, and see in the endermen in there falls through the holes to the ground, getting fall damage. It would work?

Yeah, starting to jones for a bit of Neocraft action myself... Need to finish my dragon skelly, not to mention my pitiful effort in CC's first dome. C'mon bukkit, sort yourselves out!

Also, a bit petty, but the new 'pop' sound the bow makes really spoils it for me. Is there a way to replace sounds?

Ranger X

Any way to farm ender pearls? I'm thinking about making a structure very high, full of holes, and see in the endermen in there falls through the holes to the ground, getting fall damage. It would work?

Fall damage mob grinders are the only ones that will kill Endermen.
You need a drop of at least 45 blocks high. However, no mobs throws itself down from this high. You need to trick them by putting sign post everywhere on the sides of your spawning platforms. As for the platforms, it's better to go with 8x8 platforms. Putting holes everywhere would actually prevent many mobs to spawn.

Fall damage mob grinders are the only ones that will kill Endermen.
You need a drop of at least 45 blocks high. However, no mobs throws itself down from this high. You need to trick them by putting sign post everywhere on the sides of your spawning platforms. As for the platforms, it's better to go with 8x8 platforms. Putting holes everywhere would actually prevent many mobs to spawn.

Then... sticky pistons, maybe? Having a long surface of 9xsomething and make the middle line to be pits. Then, use pistons to repetidely push everyone in the middle pit?

Salaadin

I have never run a server myself but I did see a reddit post the other day that stated that error was fixed in 1.0.1. So you might need to update your server jar from 1.0 to 1.0.1.

That seemed to be the problem. I never launch the server with the .jar file. For whatever reason, I guess the .exe wasnt updated to 1.0.1 but the .jar was so I had to switch over.

Odd thing is now I get really slow terrain loading. It loads huge chunks at once and I look like Im floating when I first log on.

Woorloog

Banned
Thanks for updating the map Toki1776 it was a nice surprise to wake up too and it is appreciated believe me. I have to admit even I am going "WTF" at Dome City and I built it :-

7o1sK.jpg

Just looking at that picture makes me want to build more .......... I really really really need psychiatric help.

o_O

That's... damn awesome. Would love to explore that, assuming there's stuff inside the domes. And if MC wouldn't crash a minute after startup everytime.

Jasoco

Banned
Nope and yep. Vertically down too, for that matter.

But for the most part, you don't have to worry about them. They're rare, they're neutral by default, and if you sleep overnight they won't show up anyway. I don't think they even show up naturally in caves.
Oh they definitely appear in caves. And they're more aggressive there too since they can't teleport they prefer to just run at you screaming like a banshee. Sooooo awesome.

Ranger X

Then... sticky pistons, maybe? Having a long surface of 9xsomething and make the middle line to be pits. Then, use pistons to repetidely push everyone in the middle pit?

There's a glitch in the game right now. When the floor is moving, mobs will pass through. This could be tactic to make a mob grinder. Problem is, I doubt they can spawn while the floor is moving. This would mean your mob grinder wouldn't be able to be completely automated.

Personally, I have 4 spawning modules of 8x8 blocks with canals all around them. Then I have 4 floors of those spawning modules. All the mobs are falling in those canal that eventually all lead to a huge pool where the water will gather all of them into one last canal that finally brings them into a drowning tube.

There's a glitch in the game right now. When the floor is moving, mobs will pass through. This could be tactic to make a mob grinder. Problem is, I doubt they can spawn while the floor is moving. This would mean your mob grinder wouldn't be able to be completely automated.

Personally, I have 4 spawning modules of 8x8 blocks with canals all around them. Then I have 4 floors of those spawning modules. All the mobs are falling in those canal that eventually all lead to a huge pool where the water will gather all of them into one last canal that finally brings them into a drowning tube.

But I'm not interested in bones and sulfur. And endermen teleport if they touch the water, so I need a non-watered way to kill people.

Ranger X

But I'm not interested in bones and sulfur. And endermen teleport if they touch the water, so I need a non-watered way to kill people.

Fall damage. Same spawning floor design but it's a hole where the canals would have been. Give 45 blocks for the spawning floor that is the closest to the ground. Put signs all around the spawning modules (on its sides of course). This way the Endermen (or any mob in fact) will fall to their death.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Oh they definitely appear in caves. And they're more aggressive there too since they can't teleport they prefer to just run at you screaming like a banshee. Sooooo awesome.

Yea, I kinda discovered that earlier today. >_< I just noped right out of there.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dont mobs fall through moving floors? just have a bunch of pistons shift your floor back and forth to farm endermen.

Fall damage. Same spawning floor design but it's a hole where the canals would have been. Give 45 blocks for the spawning floor that is the closest to the ground. Put signs all around the spawning modules (on its sides of course). This way the Endermen (or any mob in fact) will fall to their death.

I think I don't get the idea.

Assuming a single floor. I make a 8x8 room (3 blocks height minimum), and I put holes in the corners and signs on the walls?

Ranger X

I think I don't get the idea.

Assuming a single floor. I make a 8x8 room (3 blocks height minimum), and I put holes in the corners and signs on the walls?

8x8 spawning floors like this:

FallDamageMG.png

Now here I made a tower but you can expand in any direction you'd like afterall. Oh and leave at least 3 blocks between floors because the Endermen are 3 blocks high...

Nice, so the mobs walk to the blocks of the sign, because there is something in there, but then they fall down? Nice.

Is necessary to keep so many blocks of distance between the spawn zone and the walls?

Ranger X

Nice, so the mobs walk to the blocks of the sign, because there is something in there, but then they fall down? Nice.

Is necessary to keep so many blocks of distance between the spawn zone and the walls?

Nah, just 2 blocks so the spiders can fall easier.
My tower is having 4 blocks free on 2 of its sides because at first I builded it for 2 spawning modules wide... and it seems they were too close and it gave me some design problems. Didn't feel like putting the whole thing down so it ended up like what you see there. :)

Ark

Outage Window
Affected MH Number: ****
Window Start: 04:15 GMT 12th December 2011
Window End: 16:30 GMT 12th December 2011

Neocraft will be down during that window because Multiplay are moving the servers to another facility.

legacyzero

Banned
Played this the ENTIRE weekend. At first I looked at this game and was like "wtf is this..."

Then I put some time into survival.

Game is amazing.

Venfayth

7o1sK.jpg

this makes me want to play again ;_;

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Played this the ENTIRE weekend. At first I looked at this game and was like "wtf is this..."

Then I put some time into survival.

Game is amazing.

I played most the weekend too. The island I spawned on in my new 1.0 world has proven quite full of things to explore beneath it.

This is my island:

This is my farm so far:

There is a huge hole under the island, goes practically from the surface to the lava layer:

And the hole leads into a huge ravine that seems to run along under the length of the island:

This seed so far has been fun to explore and spelunk in. Although I've come to a startling revelation: there are no sheep on my island. None at all. Lots of pigs, cows, and chickens, but zero sheep. I guess I must travel to find wool...

Trying to download the newest MC patcher, but my anti-virus keeps saying it is a virus when I know it isn't (it's from the official forums) and it keeps deleting it every time I download it. Anyone know what to do? D: I wanna use my 512 x 512 texture.

Kuran

Banned
I played most the weekend too. The island I spawned on in my new 1.0 world has proven quite full of things to explore beneath it.

This is my island:

This is my farm so far:

There is a huge hole under the island, goes practically from the surface to the lava layer:
And the hole leads into a huge ravine that seems to run along under the length of the island:

This seed so far has been fun to explore and spelunk in. Although I've come to a startling revelation: there are no sheep on my island. None at all. Lots of pigs, cows, and chickens, but zero sheep. I guess I must travel to find wool...

That is super cozy.. makes me want to play again!! I'll definitely try to spawn in a world with islands like that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
found out why my mob farm wasnt working, mobs wont jump down further than 4 blocks! derp. lined the pits with signs and trapdoors and suddenly i have tons of mobs at the collection area, woo!

Toki1776

Seems the server is now on 1.0! Hope all the (necessary) plugins are updated, too!
Edit: As far as I can tell, all of the important ones, like player rankings and creeper damage protection, seem to be fine.

Seems the server is now on 1.0! Hope all the (necessary) plugins are updated, too!
Edit: As far as I can tell, all of the important ones, like player rankings and creeper damage protection, seem to be fine.

Thanks for the heads up! Wish I could get on, but I have two finals in the morning. :-/

Yup the server has been updated, seems the mods are there too. The chests still have locks and the Creepers don't do damage. On the downside my Bravo Megadome looks like complete arse now since there is such a difference between the swamp grass and normal grass.

Ah well I wonder if Prof CrazyLegzlu is up to moving it brick by brick somewhere else ?

Turns out the new dome in the domed city was built directly over a swamp biome. Which seems rather unfortunate for some of my prospective neighbors.

Yeah I am pretty depressed right now, think I might head off to Artistdudes harvester and throw myself in his water/lava moat. I knew I should've built this dome over at the "Charlie" sector instead of "Bravo".

dig it up and turn the roads into bridges, first dome to feature a lake!
Hm that is a viable idea, the only other idea I can come up with is to abandon it and rebuild it in another area.

Top Bottom