• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Great Panda, we are going to need more of these on the server. I plan on turning every mob spawner I come across into an XP grinder. You don't say where the grinder is though?

if you go to where they're clearing out space for a new dome, its directly south of that. you'll see a trail of torches leading to a small collection of houses, once there follow the stone road to get to the spawner.
o5DRx.png

Grinchy

Banned
if you go to where they're clearing out space for a new dome, its directly south of that. you'll see a trail of torches leading to a small collection of houses, once there follow the stone road to get to the spawner.
o5DRx.png

Wow, whose awesome castle is being made in the middle there? That looks like it must be amazing.

legacyzero

Banned
Wow that looks amazing! How does one gain access to to Neocraft? I havn't attempted to play online yet. First time I tried to access the Neocraft server, it told me it was outdated.

Hey, can anyone explain to me how to set up a 512 x 512 texture pack? I'm getting that message that Minecraft has run out of memory, and I can't seem to find the fix on Google. Any help would be nice!

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So I made a mob grinder. Really basic, just going off the usual canal structure, and pretty small too. (Though I can flip it into an xp grinder easily too.) Just one cross section (which makes four platforms of 8x8). Built it up above the ground because I really just wanted to get rid of a lot of dirt (and be able to see what I was doing).

I thought I did it right, but I hung around for easily more than a half hour (including an overnight) and nothing spawned in it. I even got the ambiance when hanging around (the little "dark area nearby!" sound). A creeper did spawn on a nearby island overnight (I made it out in a small cluster of islands); would it be worthwhile to kill the passive mobs there and terraform so there's fewer places for mobs to spawn, or am I going to need a bigger farm no matter what?

Ranger X

So I made a mob grinder. Really basic, just going off the usual canal structure, and pretty small too. (Though I can flip it into an xp grinder easily too.) Just one cross section (which makes four platforms of 8x8). Built it up above the ground because I really just wanted to get rid of a lot of dirt (and be able to see what I was doing).

I thought I did it right, but I hung around for easily more than a half hour (including an overnight) and nothing spawned in it. I even got the ambiance when hanging around (the little "dark area nearby!" sound). A creeper did spawn on a nearby island overnight (I made it out in a small cluster of islands); would it be worthwhile to kill the passive mobs there and terraform so there's fewer places for mobs to spawn, or am I going to need a bigger farm no matter what?

4 spawning floors is not much but it is still not normal if you get nothing. Your mob grinder could be handicaped because there's many caves around (underground). You might want to clean them (light them up) so the only dark areas around is your mob grinder. This way, more mobs will spawn in it.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
4 spawning floors is not much but it is still not normal if you get nothing. Your mob grinder could be handicaped because there's many caves around (underground). You might want to clean them (light them up) so the only dark areas around is your mob grinder. This way, more mobs will spawn in it.

Yea, seems a neighboring island had a fair degree of cave to it. As I was sacking it I went back to the grinder and sure enough, some gunpowder. :D I climbed on top for the sunrise and heard some zombies mulling about in there too, so it's definitely working now. I'll have to build a second later on for Endermen, when I'm approaching that point in the game, but this should get me more gunpowder and bones and arrows with relative ease.

So I got the "invalid server key" issue taken care of, setting the server to offline mode. Now I just need a good spawn, I am wanting islands. Anyone have a good seed for an island area spawn?

Ark

By the way, do you still happen to own the last Neocraft backup from the old server& I can't find it on PC so it's like I never downloaded it.

I do, but I'm not sure what happened to the trimmed version Toki had, because mine is 1.1gb still, so I can't actually upload it anywhere.

I should be on at least a couple of times over the next couple of weeks, I've got some extra free time now that college is over for the holidays.

Ranger X

I do, but I'm not sure what happened to the trimmed version Toki had, because mine is 1.1gb still, so I can't actually upload it anywhere.

I should be on at least a couple of times over the next couple of weeks, I've got some extra free time now that college is over for the holidays.

Too huge for DropBox or MegaUpload?

Well, hopefully Toki notices our discussion too...

spuit*11

Banned
I have a number of Neocraft server maps varying in size between 680 and 200mb.

If I can find some time this week I'll check out which is which and to find the last save of the old map.

limlark

To the amazement of all, I have finally built something:

^ Quoted for convenient image shrinking. Click for the album/grand tour!

EDIT: It's in Charlie's Dome City, the giant Bravo Dome.

EDIIT: I'm an idiot, I did the enchanting room wrong. Ldkjfsdjf now what D:<

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
on neocraft server:

desperate need for wool, all colours accepted, whites preferred.
will trade diamonds.

look for me ingame as 'pandacraft', donation drop off box will be set up in the bravo dome behind the diner.

Ranger X

There's something I would really like a mod to do. Actually 2 things.

1- Lock a chest for someone else. Like only me and that person could open. Trading would take an entirely new meaning.

2- For a chest to receive what it needs before it can give you what you want. Imagine, a chest where you have to drop X item in a certain number before taking away Y item in a certain number.

Mirk

There's something I would really like a mod to do. Actually 2 things.

1- Lock a chest for someone else. Like only me and that person could open. Trading would take an entirely new meaning.

2- For a chest to receive what it needs before it can give you what you want. Imagine, a chest where you have to drop X item in a certain number before taking away Y item in a certain number.

Number one you can already do with the lockite mod just put your name and there's on it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I know, what I am asking is to lock the chest for me AND another person. Like a chest locked for RangerX and Mirk.

I've done this many times already on the server Ranger. Just type the following onto the sign when you lockette the chest:

[Private]
"first username"
"second username"
"third username" (if you want three people to be able to access the chest)

I've done this and seen it done several times on community projects.

As for your other request, no idea.

It would be nice, I had to go ~900 blocks away from my portal to find a stronghold.

Are there spots for building in one of the domes? I'd like to make a house there.

There are 2 plots available in the Alpha dome, these are relatively small at only 20 x 20. I am afraid the Bravo dome is full. However there is now a new Charlie Dome (yes I built another) which has 2 plots of roughly 40 x 40 going spare. If you are interested in a plot in the charlie or alpha dome just grab a sign and plonk it down on the plot you want. You don't have to build anything straight away just claim which plot you want for future use.

Whilst I remember, many thanks to Ark for giving Dome City it's own warp now.

so we should we grabbing everythin not bolted down? :p

Bagsy all the glowstone.

What kind of business is this? If I were you I'd anonymously let Mojang know using means completely cut off from work so they can't know it was you. Just don't tell them you know what they're doing is illegal else they'd figure out who told.

Well, it's an awards company I work for, we make plaques and trophies and other promotional materials (Nametags, etc.) but we're not selling the minecraft stuff ourselves.

He just comes over to use our equipment now and then, so it's not my place to tell him that its illegal or that he can't use the equipment for illegal purposes. (I would be overruled.)

He said today "I fuckin' love creepers.", not even knowing what creepers are. (They're apparently his best-selling mousepad design.)

There's little I can do about this, just a PSA to be wary of stuff you buy via eBay...its likely to be of extremely low quality.

pKKp3.jpg

bengraven

BM9yy.png

It took me a sec, but when I saw what was going on I went "oh you fucker..."

Edit: the Reddit link was called "He had ONE job..."

legacyzero

Banned
Can I view a list of rules for the Neocraft server online? I'm not able to get on the server at the moment, but i'd love to build my own house and such.

Also, is there an easy way to get ahold of supplies. It's kinda hard to join up empty handed. I wish you could carry supplies from another game...

Ranger X

Can I view a list of rules for the Neocraft server online? I'm not able to get on the server at the moment, but i'd love to build my own house and such.

Also, is there an easy way to get ahold of supplies. It's kinda hard to join up empty handed. I wish you could carry supplies from another game...

General rules are:

No griefing
No floating trees

Then there are rules for community projects (like themed cities) and those particular rules should be written on sign posts in the city itself.

MarkusRJR

I'm starting to get back into Minecraft now that I found out it's finally done. What's this about hunger and breeding? I'm confused.

Also, how do you set a respawn point? I remember I stopped playing because I built this huge building and ended up dying and respawning really far away.

legacyzero

Banned
So I have a few questions about the server.

-The domes. Am I able to build housing in the domes? or is that reserved?
-Is it true that I need a mod to lock my doors and crates from other users?
-Can somebody help me out with some supplies to start? (optional LOL)

Does anybody know do they have any plans for a holiday sale?
I'll tell you this. i bought the game at full price. And it has paid for itself again, and again, and again.

Ranger X

I'm starting to get back into Minecraft now that I found out it's finally done. What's this about hunger and breeding? I'm confused.

Also, how do you set a respawn point? I remember I stopped playing because I built this huge building and ended up dying and respawning really far away.

To respawn elsewhere, you need to craft a bed. When you sleep in that bed (and skip the night, yay!), it will become your new spawn point. If the best is ever destroyed, you will spawn at the original spawn of your world.

As for hunger, it's because you have stamina now if you want. You need to eat food to recover that food bar. To survive for a long time you need to breed animals now because they are persistant. When you kill them, they won't respawn anymore.

As well as the bed you can also set a home point using the /sethome command then whenever you type /home it will automatically transport you to the location you used the /sethome command.

So I have a few questions about the server.

-The domes. Am I able to build housing in the domes? or is that reserved?
-Is it true that I need a mod to lock my doors and crates from other users?
-Can somebody help me out with some supplies to start? (optional LOL)

I'll tell you this. i bought the game at full price. And it has paid for itself again, and again, and again.

The plots in the domes are open to anyone wanting to build a home there. Unfortunately it is on a first come first serve basis. At the moment all the plots in the Bravo dome have been snapped up. However there are still 2 plots available in the Alpha dome and if I remember correctly there is 1 plot left in the Charlie dome. Alternatively you can wait a few weeks and claim a plot in the brand new Delta dome that will be springing up sometime soon. If you are interested in one of the remaining slots just grab a sign from the chest outside the relevant dome and plonk it down on the plot you want putting your name on the sign.

You don't need to mod your game to use locked chests or locked doors. That is all handled server side. To lock chests simply take a sign and slap it straight on the chest and it will automatically attach to that chest and lock it so only you can open it.

I would be more than happy to set you up with some stuff if I am online when you are on. You will find that people on Neocraft are very generous people and will happily donate a few bits n bobs to help a new player. Alternatively if no one is about then nip to the reception dome and you will find a grocers shop (stocked with bread and melon) and a general store (with tools and a weapon or two) and just take what you need.

Ranger X

Ok wow. There's alot less Ghasts in the Nether now. It's the first time I am playing for a long time in that world and I must say that Ghasts are the most satisfying mobs to kill in this game so far (still looking for the 2 other new mobs of the Nether right now...)

Anyhow, feels sooooo goooooood to kill Ghasts.

Top Bottom