• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Seems the server is now on 1.0! Hope all the (necessary) plugins are updated, too!
Edit: As far as I can tell, all of the important ones, like player rankings and creeper damage protection, seem to be fine.

SWEET!!! See you all on Neocraft tonight! (hopefully I get the chance to play some)

Plus, once everyone builds what they are planning to you won't see that grass that much anymore.

Yeah Charlie, I wouldn't worry too much about it. With things built in there it won't look so bad. And actually, replacing it with a lake might look worse, as swamp water in my 1.0 world is murky and swampy looking.

I think we should definately reset the nether too. The changes for 1.0 were awesome for the nether, and we are all going to want blaze rods and nether warts for speed potions. I use them so freaking much in single player now, I think I'm addicted to 8 minute speed potions. We are going to want to build a huge nether wart farm in the nether for the server...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Apparently, NeoCraft should be running Minecraft Vanilla 1.0 now.
=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

edit:

fQH0T.png

lol

Mengy

So, is Neocraft back up and running then? And is it Neocraft 1.0?

I hope it's updated and online tonight. I've decided to do some major revamping to my fortress. Actually, more of a design goal change. Actually a really big experiment of sorts. I'm changing it into something else entirely, although the outside won't change much, other than to finish the detailing. Lots of work though, lots of work. If it turns out the way I hope it does, it should be freaking awesome when done.

I might actually need to start a branch mine to get coal, of all things, lol.

I love the sense of excitement that comes with starting a huge project in this game. Makes me want to call in sick to work and spend countless continuous hours "working" in game instead...

Animals keep jumping on top of my double stacked fence pens... They never jump over to the other side so I assume it's a glitch. But it's still unnerving for some reason lol.

Is anyone else unable to connect to minecraft.net, or is it just my crappy connection?

Yep same thing here, the good ole authentication servers that check to see if I am a nasty naughty pirate are down again. Ah well time to work on my single player Dome City with custom built squid S&M dungeon (you would like it).

Yep same thing here, the good ole authentication servers that check to see if I am a nasty naughty pirate are down again. Ah well time to work on my single player Dome City with custom built squid S&M dungeon (you would like it).

Haha I'm sure I would. And have you been on since yesterday? I've made some good progress on the Charlie Living Dome about a quarter of the way done with the dirt.

Nah this is the first time I have had a chance to get on since I left last night. Hopefully the servers won't be down too long for some reason single player doesn't hold the same appeal anymore as it used too.

bengraven

Mengy, what the fuck.

Your place is huge and awesome and I don't even know what to say yet. This game needs cardboard boxes so I can just live in a cardboard box outside your door.

i live in the dome man. you don't know about the awesome domesssss.

also does anyone where i can get a fly mod. its still allowed in server right? its just the map is so big, and i am so lazy T_T

I saw the domes, at least on the map, and they're gorgeous.

Whenever Ark gets around to actually playing again I think we need some more warps.

Mengy

Mengy, what the fuck.

Your place is huge and awesome and I don't even know what to say yet. This game needs cardboard boxes so I can just live in a cardboard box outside your door.

Thanks Ben, but it's currently going through some "remodeling". I'm about to change it into something else entirely, and although the exterior will go mostly unchanged (except for some detailing work), the interior is about to undergo a huge change. It's an experiment of sorts, and if it works the way I hope it does it will be truly awesome. If it doesn't work at all, well then it will be the largest failure of the server, LOL. Either way, I'm going to need a new main base after it's all said and done...

Mengy

I was looking over the Neocraft map during lunch today, making notes of places I want to visit and have a look at, and a question came to me:

Now that Neocraft is up to 1.0, and all of those changes are in (including snow biomes again!), will the map be trimmed or is it staying the way it is? I remember talk about trimming the map after 1.0 hits, but it seems to me like people have spread out further than we originally wanted. It's understandable given the long wait we had between 1.8 and 1.0.

Just a question of curiosity. I wonder where the first snow biome will be discovered...

Mengy

Neocraft seems to be down. Damnit, I have a perfect window of playtime here too...:(

Tenck

So what do you guys do in NeoCraft? I remember all I ever did was build stuff and never did survival or stuff like that.

Jasoco

Banned
Minecraft supports 32x32 out of the box with no mods needed anyway, so I wish Painterly had an option for it. (At least the OS X version does.)

Minecraft supports 32x32 out of the box with no mods needed anyway, so I wish Painterly had an option for it. (At least the OS X version does.)
It supports 16x16, not 32x32. If you try to use a 32x32 or higher resolution texture pack without patching you'll see artifacts like fire animations on bricks.

Jesus. It's the first time I go there and seriously look at it. This is the most amazing texture pack ever and prolly forever!!

Yep. I'm no happy with any mod, so I always went back to default (that I also don't like, but is default). Now I go with custom Painterly. I have a lot of different instances of the same mod installed, because I constantly modify it when there is a element that I don't like too much.

The only problem is that there are no default zombies, but the zombie-like zombie looks great.

bengraven

I really really need to figure out somewhere to set down posts and build.

Are we going to put up a rail system to each town? I loved that on GAFland and other servers.

Thanks Ben, but it's currently going through some "remodeling". I'm about to change it into something else entirely, and although the exterior will go mostly unchanged (except for some detailing work), the interior is about to undergo a huge change. It's an experiment of sorts, and if it works the way I hope it does it will be truly awesome. If it doesn't work at all, well then it will be the largest failure of the server, LOL. Either way, I'm going to need a new main base after it's all said and done...

I love your interior. Reminds me of a giant department store...in a good way.

I wanted to do something similar with a Japanaese style garden (a giant garden tower with wooden bridges and staircases) but then I remembered that I lack talent! haha

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the ponyGAF xp grinder is up! not to be outdone! [unless someone has a skellie spawner, then we're totally outdone]

EFkDI.png

qzUyR.png

6PEY5.png

that was about an 8 minute wait in the observation deck to build up 11 levels worth of zombies.

Mengy

the ponyGAF xp grinder is up! not to be outdone! [unless someone has a skellie spawner, then we're totally outdone]

that was about an 8 minute wait in the observation deck to build up 11 levels worth of zombies.

Great Panda, we are going to need more of these on the server. I plan on turning every mob spawner I come across into an XP grinder. You don't say where the grinder is though?

Top Bottom