• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Atomski

2011-12-21_214205.png

Probably the coolest structure Ive seen in minecraft in a good long while.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
As for hunger, it's because you have stamina now if you want. You need to eat food to recover that food bar. To survive for a long time you need to breed animals now because they are persistant. When you kill them, they won't respawn anymore.

Not entirely true, animals do respawn if killed. The BIG difference is that animals won't despawn on their own anymore. I have noticed though (in single player at least) that if you have a large farm filled with lots of animals for breeding, less wild animals will spawn out around the farm. They do still respawn out there though, because I've already gone on killing sprees slaying all pigs and cows on my island, and yet new ones pop up a few days later. So animals do respawn in time when killed.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I have noticed though (in single player at least) that if you have a large farm filled with lots of animals for breeding, less wild animals will spawn out around the farm.

There are limits on how many mobs can be in memory at a time (I don't know if that's true across peaceful/hostile, and that a large breeding farm reduces hostile spawns). So you need to make your farm chunks unload to get more wild spawns. I'm sure you already know that, just adding information.

I don't know if it's still the case but I think in 1.8 wolves were pretty rare because of this, they would spawn last and there'd rarely be openings for them to do so. Speaking of, I went exploring in my world and saw a pack of wolves hunting some sheep, which was cool. Free wool! :)

I got this as an early Christmas present for my wife but she can't even play it. She went to activate her account and put in the right e-mail but that e-mail was supposed to be forwarding to her iCloud account and apparently she keyed in the wrong e-mail under the forwarding options so she couldn't verify the account. She fixed the forwarding address but now whenever she tries to re-verify her account, it just says "A verification email was recently sent." and it will not re-send the verification.

I sent an e-mail to support@mojang.com but they are not responding. Any suggestions outside of registering a new account with a different e-mail?

Ark

I think I reset the nether earlier today. Not sure if I remembered how to do it, but I think I did it correctly :lol

Mengy

I think I reset the nether earlier today. Not sure if I remembered how to do it, but I think I did it correctly :lol

Looking forward to the next few posts of "Ark, why is the nether full of water instead of lava?" and "Ark, why are there thousands of chickens on fire all over the nether?"

:D

Ark

So Ark, the server message pops up saying to ask you to become a citizen of Neocraft.

what does that mean?

Basically, tell me what your in-game Minecraft name is and I'll add you as a citizen. Which lets you build in the server.

That reminds me, I still need to change over the server plugins to permissionsbukkit. Fun times.

legacyzero

Banned
Basically, tell me what your in-game Minecraft name is and I'll add you as a citizen. Which lets you build in the server.

That reminds me, I still need to change over the server plugins to permissionsbukkit. Fun times.
Awesome. My Minecraft name is is my Neogaf name the same. I plan on spending alot of time in the server. I'm considering building a warehouse where people can go to find stocked supplies for crafting (if such a thing doesn't already exist.).

Ranger X

I just lived through my greatest Minecraft deception ever today:

The Silk of Touch doesn't let you collect monster spawners.

What the hell Mojang, please!! You only needed that to reach "best game ever" status. :(

bengraven

Loving my swamp manor so far, though I've only got one big corner done. I'm pretty damn far from civilization: about a 10-15 minute walk from spawn, so I'll be building a highway through the swamp when I'm done.

Was exploring the water in the swamp and suddenly found myself sucked down, like quicksand. Suddenly I found that I could breathe and there's a bit effing ravine under the swamp.

Mik2121

News has pretty much been dead since 1.0.
Yeah... since they released 1.0 and the game is officially 'released', I guess they don't have any pressure now. I just hope they actually release something else. I remember when Notch said he would still support the game and update after 1.0, and that 1.0 was just to officially release the title. Now he's not even working on it, and only Jeb is..

f'ing lol.

Mengy

Yeah... since they released 1.0 and the game is officially 'released', I guess they don't have any pressure now. I just hope they actually release something else. I remember when Notch said he would still support the game and update after 1.0, and that 1.0 was just to officially release the title. Now he's not even working on it, and only Jeb is..

f'ing lol.

Oh, they still have lots of plans for the game, they are just taking a breather. It is the holidays afterall. But it sounds like we will see less of the little patches and more of the large updates. Mod API is the next big update, and it's not the kind of content where you can post news or screenshots of it that are exciting or anything. I don't think we'll be seeing any actual "in game content" change (other than the mod interface) for a few months to be honest.

Ark

Server appears to be working now. Sorry Railts, I genuinely thought you were kidding this morning about the server being down so I didn't bother to check it out before I left the house :lol

That reminds me, sometime during this week I'm going to have to take the server down and spend a few hours changing all the plugins because the plugins we have now are all outdated and just cause the server to skyrocket to 10000000000000000% percent CPU usage whenever like three people are online.

It's christmas! Go be festive ;)

Merry christmas Minecraft-GAF <3
Bah Humbug, if the ghost of Christmas visits me tonight I will slap a restraining order on him faster than Microsoft can slap a cease and desist on NeoGaf.

But yeah with the server being down today I actually played some other games. It's actually been kinda nice playing stuff like Saints Row 3. Although I do kinda keep thinking "hm wonder if there is a Dome building in this game ?" (I really really need help).

Just checked now and the server seems to be running, but alas it is bed time for me. Just going to check Hard Reset downloaded from Steam OK (yeah alright that means I will end up playing it for 2 hours).

Anyway with as much season cheer as this grumpy old soul can muster, Happy Christmas to everyone that frequents NeoGaf and NeoCraft.

bengraven

Server appears to be working now. Sorry Railts, I genuinely thought you were kidding this morning about the server being down so I didn't bother to check it out before I left the house :lol

That reminds me, sometime during this week I'm going to have to take the server down and spend a few hours changing all the plugins because the plugins we have now are all outdated and just cause the server to skyrocket to 10000000000000000% percent CPU usage whenever like three people are online.

I never joke about servers being down! ;)

But this explains the lag we've been having the last couple days. Just let us know when you're going to do it.

Ranger X

f'ing lol.

People like to make up stories to it fits to what they think will happen. The only reality right now is that he is taking a couple of weeks off. Like a normal worker does.

Good luck with that. I emailed them 3 times at that address during the summer about an issue I was having with my game, and didn't get a reply to any of them. You're probably better off trying to get hold of one of them on Twitter.

Yeah, she didn't receive any response so she just created a new account on Christmas day by replacing one of the letters in her username with a number and received the verification e-mail instantly. Sent another e-mail about transferring the account info to her original username since the name looks stupid with numbers in it (had no idea it would be your in-game name also) but I am not expecting much. I'll try sending a tweet also.

Thanks!

Mengy

Jesus. I finally found a StrongHold. My level.dat is ridiculously huge. lol

I haven't actually found a stronghold yet in my SSP world, but then I haven't put together an eye of ender to search for one either. I'm still building roads, towers, and farms on my spawn island and exploring caves and ravines underneath it. Although the last time I saved I was 4000 clicks southeast of my island, as I've been out exploring the open oceans and coastlines in a boat. I've also been running around the various continents sightseeing while gulping sprint potions. I freaking love 8:00 minute sprint potions. I've developed an addiction to them...

Ranger X

I haven't actually found a stronghold yet in my SSP world, but then I haven't put together an eye of ender to search for one either. I'm still building roads, towers, and farms on my spawn island and exploring caves and ravines underneath it. Although the last time I saved I was 4000 clicks southeast of my island, as I've been out exploring the open oceans and coastlines in a boat. I've also been running around the various continents sightseeing while gulping sprint potions. I freaking love 8:00 minute sprint potions. I've developed an addiction to them...

Well, they are quite essential for exploration if you ask me. Especially if you explore for a long time like me. I did cover ALOT of ground in my SP world. I'd show you my map you'd thought I am fucking crazy. lol

I've been wanting to try this game for so long but my computer just doesnt load the demo and it crashes whenever I try to play the classic version exe as well as the browser version. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Java but I've tried updating the version to the latest, uninstalling all java versions and reinstalling again and nothing works at all. I have Windows 7 64bit PC thats only about a year and a half old.

Mengy

I've been wanting to try this game for so long but my computer just doesnt load the demo and it crashes whenever I try to play the classic version exe as well as the browser version. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Java but I've tried updating the version to the latest, uninstalling all java versions and reinstalling again and nothing works at all. I have Windows 7 64bit PC thats only about a year and a half old.

If you have Win7 64bit then make sure you are loading Java 64bit onto it. If you put the 32 bit Java on it will not work correctly. I run Minecraft on Win7-64 with Java-64 and it runs like a dream.

-SD-

Banned
Was bored and decided to do a quick aspect ratio study. I'm currently using a 16:12 monitor and would like to go 16:9 when the time comes, for the largest possible viewing area with a single monitor.

(1920x1080/1200/1440)

minecraft_aspect_rati7lzyc.gif

If you have Win7 64bit then make sure you are loading Java 64bit onto it. If you put the 32 bit Java on it will not work correctly. I run Minecraft on Win7-64 with Java-64 and it runs like a dream.

I figured out what was wrong. Checked my Environmental Variables in System Properties and noticed a few really strange java entries in both lists. Deleted the java paths, uninstalled all Java, then reinstalled latest and bam. Java finally works on my system and in all browsers.

Played the Minecraft Demo for about 3 hours. ;)

Top Bottom