• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

legacyzero

Banned
Made a GIF of what I like to call The Enderman Shuffle. The images were cropped out of six world render images between December 14 and January 7.

minecraft_enderman_shugqen.gif
so MYSTERIOUS! LOL

bengraven

There are smooth transitions between the water & grass colors. I probably should've taken a more close-up screenshot :p

Nah, it's okay. I can somewhat see that the water changes don't look too horrible anymore.

Made a GIF of what I like to call The Enderman Shuffle. The images were cropped out of six world render images between December 14 and January 7.

You need to send that to Notch, post haste. Hilarious.

Xun

Lol @ whoever felt the need to jack all my stuff out of my gag chests in my house in DomeCity. Hope those wooden bowls, a book, and leather boots help you in your journeys. :p

Speaking of DomeCity, I think Charles should raffle off claimed spots where no one has built. So many claimed areas, but where's all the buildings? :U

Anywho, I just wanted to say, my mega harvester is nearing completion... Been pushing myself to finish the dang thing lately! Ya'll better use this damn thing!
I'll be building something in my plot once the castle is finished.

As for the harvester, good to hear!

vetrox

Hey guys, mind if I set up camp in the latest world? I haven't explored anything yet, but I made my way to The Manifest Destiny and was pleasantly surprised to find my chests filled gear from the last server. I saw some awesome sights on the way which further kindled my enthusiasm! :)

I couldn't get the /rules command to work, it returned some kind of error. Any new rules or changes I should know of?

Looking forward to playing with you!

I'll be building something in my plot once the castle is finished.

Oh I am not that cruel, yeah Crazy has been helping me with the domes so obviously he gets some leeway with regards to his plot and you are always popping on so I know you are about and currently working on your castle so I am not going to whip your plot away from you. It is mainly those that never come on any more and don't seem to be interested in carrying on with their plot.

I couldn't get the /rules command to work, it returned some kind of error. Any new rules or changes I should know of?

Looking forward to playing with you!

Ah the old rule command that will probably start working at the same time the Nether gets reset (just kidding Ark). But there have been no rule changes from last time, to be honest the rules were pretty relaxed anyway it was jut basically "don't be a dick".

It will be good to see a new face on Neocraft.

Ark

Guys I have actually reset the nether.

You'll need to find a diamond pickaxe and then travel to the nether itself, if you can manage to exterminate at least ten ghasts then you will be transported to the new nether world.

Sorry, but it was the only way I could find of resetting the nether.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Guys I have actually reset the nether.

You'll need to find a diamond pickaxe and then travel to the nether itself, if you can manage to exterminate at least ten ghasts then you will be transported to the new nether world.

Sorry, but it was the only way I could find of resetting the nether.

Um, er, wha? o_O

I'm not sure whether or not to say "thank you Ark!" or "what the hell are you talking about Ark?". Either way, I'm looking forward to logging in tonight and stepping through my nether portal to see what happens...

Xun

I know I'm working on the castle at the moment, but it'd be good to get started on the Skyworld. I think it'd be nice to see everyone collaborating on something again, and the good thing is it can just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Me messing about in creative:

YYyMV.png

Im_Special

So this game hasn't been updated since release and I haven't seen any news about it either, have they said anything about future updates or they pretty much moved onto there next game at this point?

Ark

You guys seriously believed that? o__o

I'm busy studying at the moment so I'll work on it tomorrow when I get home (it's not like I've said that before) ;)

Vlad

So this game hasn't been updated since release and I haven't seen any news about it either, have they said anything about future updates or they pretty much moved onto there next game at this point?

As far as I know from what I've been following, Notch has moved on to his next project, and Minecraft development is now in Jens' hands. There's still been the weekly snapshots, that have added a few small things here and there (haven't had the time to check them out myself, though), and they're apparently going to be working on the proper mod API, which sounds like it's going to be a huge undertaking.

They also hired a new guy who's going to be working on the AI.

MackVee

Neo Member
I know I'm working on the castle at the moment, but it'd be good to get started on the Skyworld. I think it'd be nice to see everyone collaborating on something again, and the good thing is it can just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Me messing about in creative:

YYyMV.png
The last thing I heard was finding a location for it, has one been found by any chance?

Mengy

Yeah, I would love to see a new community project start up. Pioneer Town was fun when we reset the server, but it's time for something more grand. It should be something not fixed in size, something we can expand on and enlarge as new users want to join in. Isobelise's sky city project idea posted up top is a cool one. She basically took a few thread ideas for community projects and mixed them all up.

So, lets start a new discussion for a group project.

I've got a few ideas. Here are some things we've talked about before on here, and some are ideas that have been chatted about on the server lately:

1. Isobelise's floating city, see above
2. A Floating City more like something out of Skies of Arcadia, many floating islands linked by bridges. We could keep expanding the city by simply building more floating islands.
3. Neocraft Shire - basically make a farm town of hobbit holes like in LOTR. Houses are built into hillsides, lots of exposed farms, trees and flowers and rivers everywhere
4. Castle Town - Make a grand castle with a medieval town around it surrounded by a very long perimeter stone wall with towers.
5. Fantasy Land - think Booty Bay but without the building material rules. Basically, a coastal mining town but where any style house and any building materials are allowed. A town where people are allowed to be as creative and outrageous as they want to be, yet live close by each other with community mines and farms.
6. Oceanville - we build a town on the ocean floor. Note, we drain the area of water to do this, and build walls of glass and stone to hold the mighty ocean at bay from our town. Think like an underwater mining town, where we drain the water away and keep it away. Allow a few waterfalls to come through the walls for ambiance, plant trees and such on the ocean floor.
7. Moria II - some people have mentioned wanting a second shot at a dwarven city. This time though make it more expandable and flexible. Think Ironforge from WoW, but in a straight line so we can keep expanding it forever if need be.
8. Ravine City - find a large ravine and open it up into a huge canyon, and we then build our houses into the sides of the ravine like ancient cliff dwellers.
9. Waterworld City - make a city on the ocean surface, think housing barges tied together and such. Or maybe more like Vivec from Morrowind of sorts.

Just a few ideas.

bengraven

Well go for it, Mengy, arrange it. With Ark busy for the next year, we need someone to start up the community projects again. :p

No, but seriously, should we vote?

I vote: Shire or Iso's idea or Waterworld.

Would love all three, honestly. Especially a little hobbit hole or a Vivic with channels.

Xun

I vote on a Skyworld for now.

I think there's a lot of potential personally, and we could just have it hovering over an ocean.

What I started building on creative was about 30 blocks high in the air, it seems to work perfectly I think.

vetrox

I vote Fantasy Land or Skyworld, I miss the spawning area from the old server. All those ideas Mengy listed seems great though.

Mengy

The thing about a skyworld is that we've been talking about one for months now. When the rumors of the Aether started we decided we would wait for that. It hasn't happened. We can do other ideas later, but the skyworld always gets mentioned and is always a popular one. Now that 1.0 has hit and we have a server map we are sticking with, maybe it's time we do a skyworld.

Now, we just have to decide what type of skyworld to do. What would the details of it be...

Xun

The thing about a skyworld is that we've been talking about one for months now. When the rumors of the Aether started we decided we would wait for that. It hasn't happened. We can do other ideas later, but the skyworld always gets mentioned and is always a popular one. Now that 1.0 has hit and we have a server map we are sticking with, maybe it's time we do a skyworld.

Now, we just have to decide what type of skyworld to do. What would the details of it be...
Maybe because I just completed Skyward Sword but I propose a land like Skyloft.

We can always include other elements to set it apart.

legacyzero

Banned
+1 for Skyworld as well.

I have plenty of supplies saved up too to help! And I like your Idea for one main floating island "hub" and branching islands. I would also suggest that the branching islands had their own themes that distinguished themselves from the others. Just my 2 cents though.

Xun

+1 for Skyworld as well.

I have plenty of supplies saved up too to help! And I like your Idea for one main floating island "hub" and branching islands. I would also suggest that the branching islands had their own themes that distinguished themselves from the others. Just my 2 cents though.
I'm all for that yeah.

Xun

Not a bad place, but perhaps just to the left a bit? It'd be nice if the Skyworld was over just the ocean in my opinion.

Mengy

Not a bad place, but perhaps just to the left a bit? It'd be nice if the Skyworld was over just the ocean in my opinion.

Yeah, I like the idea of it being over the ocean, but next to land so we can build a bridge or minecart trackway from land to the islands. Maybe even make a floating harbor under the main sky island with a way up to the sky islands. Plus, it would be cool to have rivers and waterfalls falling off of the islands into the ocean.

Xun

Yeah, I like the idea of it being over the ocean, but next to land so we can build a bridge or minecart trackway from land to the islands. Maybe even make a floating harbor under the main sky island with a way up to the sky islands. Plus, it would be cool to have rivers and waterfalls falling off of the islands into the ocean.
Should be good to get it going!

So how high should we do it? It seemed to work fine with it being roughly 30 blocks in the air in the creative test I did earlier, but what do you guys think?

Hey, nice to see there's definetely something going on in Neocraft. Last time I saw that map, all of what's there now wasn't.
Definitely.

It'll be nice to get it going.

I vote for the Skycity as well. I like the idea of being over water so if you fall you'll most likely survive the fall. And I think we should have a giant chain coming from it to "anchor" it down that could double as a bridge.

legacyzero

Banned
I gotz plenty of supplies. Cobble, more redstone than you can shake a pickaxe at, been harvesting glowstone, Nether brick, tons of coal, fencing, LOTS OF TRACK.

I'll be donating it all of course.
I vote for the Skycity as well. I like the idea of being over water so if you fall you'll most likely survive the fall. And I think we should have a giant chain coming from it to "anchor" it down that could double as a bridge.

Quoted for EPICNESS.

This is a GREAT idea. I vote for multiple chains, actually. Mainly for aesthetics.

I think we all just need to agree on a location, and we can start building!

Xun

I gotz plenty of supplies. Cobble, more redstone than you can shake a pickaxe at, been harvesting glowstone, Nether brick, tons of coal, fencing, LOTS OF TRACK.

I'll be donating it all of course.

Quoted for EPICNESS.

This is a GREAT idea. I vote for multiple chains, actually. Mainly for aesthetics.

I think we all just need to agree on a location, and we can start building!
Awesome.

Just a thought but I think the floating island bases should look as natural as we can make them, almost as if the land was scooped up from below. Meaning a stone underside with grass on top.

Just a thought but I think the floating island bases should look as natural as we can make them, almost as if the land was scooped up from below. Meaning a stone underside with grass on top.

We could even put some deposits of coal and iron to really make it look like it just ripped out of the surface.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So I'm playing my single-player world, and thanks to the Nether portal mechanics, I've teleported from my most recently-found, southern village back to my original village. From that village, there's one very near to the west, and one a little ways to the north. I have all my maps, but they don't join exactly.

I want to go back to the southern village, which means a mix of boats and hoofing it. I get to where there's a fairly big gap between two maps. And I start getting lost. So I'm like "screw it, follow the sun". I do that for a while and wind up.... in the northernmost village.

Bang-up job of going south I just did there. :|

legacyzero

Banned
I've started to hoard resources for the project. I grabbed an ASS TON of nether rack (for the chains) It was the only easy resource that would resemble chains. Makes it look rusty. Gonna put together a bunch of grass and dirt as well.

Xun

We could even put some deposits of coal and iron to really make it look like it just ripped out of the surface.
I like that.

I've started to hoard resources for the project. I grabbed an ASS TON of nether rack (for the chains) It was the only easy resource that would resemble chains. Makes it look rusty. Gonna put together a bunch of grass and dirt as well.
Either that or Iron Bars.

Also I've got a fair amount of dirt I wont be using, so we could always use that.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
I have the resources and everything necessary to start a fairly large server that is a bit different from the current neogaf servers available.

The server would be as close to vanilla as possible, with some caveats to stop griefing and general asshatery that can take place. Everything on the map would be built with resources gathered. No spawning of items, ores, or any other tricks to get things. There would be a predefined map that would accommodate different zones and clans/factions, which would allow levels of PVP depending on each player's comfort level. The two zones in the back of the map would be for those that want very little PVP and no possibility of stealing. The forward zones would be warring parties in which they can attack and steal from the enemy across the map only, not each other. There would also be a group which has no friends and can attack both warring parties, along with each other.

Now, stealing would be absolutely allowed for anyone joining the warring parties or the independent group. However, you would not be allowed to destroy buildings and structures. You can only break some blocks to get in, but broken blocks must be replaced. Thus, everyone would still be able to design nice buildings without the worry of them being destroyed, regardless of zone.

A starting zone would be created to ease new players into the game without fear of attacks or theft before they joined one of the parties. The server would be run completely by adults that are helpful, reasonable, and responsible.

Let me know in PM or posts if you guys might be interested in something like this. I think we could go with about 45-50 players to start and easily expand if there was enough demand.

Top Bottom