• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Xun

My only fear with that platform I made was how close to land it was, especially if we were to make this thing huge.

The good thing is the map has been updated, so perhaps we should look for somewhere with more breathing room?

What about over the ocean here?

eY39m.png
]

It's closeish to spawn, and gives us more space to work with.

Having said that I'm up for anything.

OMGZ at the map, I have absolutely no idea who did all that exploring honest you can water board me or take my cuddly toys I will not divulge because I don't know ... honest I don't.

As for the location of sky thingie yeah looks ok not too far from spawn, if someone wants to get a chain gang going I am game.

limlark

That was me, in case anyone didn't know. Sorry! I was only looking for those mushroom islands.

OZNVH.png

That's it. Trim the rest. There's nothing built on it. I won't do it again. :(

vetrox

As soon as I seen that map one word popped into my head, "mushrooms". :p

The very same thing struck me! Using something to find something of the same kind, resourceful.

Tonight I traded almost six full stacks of iron ingots (41 Iron Blocks) for a hundred Glowstone Blocks. Was a bargain made or did I accidentally the whole budget? It's past 3 AM here in Sweden and I'm starting to regret my business model.

At least the gazebo is finished. Brace for jpeg.

edit: Wow, NOT the right choice of compression here. Try this instead.

legacyzero

Banned
My only fear with that platform I made was how close to land it was, especially if we were to make this thing huge.

The good thing is the map has been updated, so perhaps we should look for somewhere with more breathing room?

What about over the ocean here?

eY39m.png
]

It's closeish to spawn, and gives us more space to work with.

Having said that I'm up for anything.
YES! I love it. I'll move everything over there right now and start setting up.

Oh, and I'm having trouble putting multiple names on a locked crate. I'm not understanding what it's telling me to do... I'm having trouble editing the text on a locked crate all together.

YES! I love it. I'll move everything over there right now and start setting up.

Oh, and I'm having trouble putting multiple names on a locked crate. I'm not understanding what it's telling me to do... I'm having trouble editing the text on a locked crate all together.

Just put [Private] then the names of other people (yours is added automatically).

legacyzero

Banned
Here it is ya'll

I have moved the storage locker to the new location, and have begun building the floating island from bottom to top. So far it's hollow.

Big thanks to Tav and Crazy for donating so much stuff. So far the Storage Locker is only open to Xun (Otamin) and I, so as to avoid possible grief and theft from certain players. But if anybody would like to donate supplies to the project, please let us know, or leave your donations in a chest by the Storage locker.

Xun, so far we have a ton of dirt, stone, cobble, iron, and wood in the locker. That should certainly help put a dent into it :)

Mik2121

Yup, that shadows mod looks incredible. If they (he?) can fix all the small bugs, it would be great if Notch or Jeb would take a look at it and if there were no problems, add it to vanilla Minecraft. Didn't they do that with the optimized lighting system?

Xun

Here it is ya'll

I have moved the storage locker to the new location, and have begun building the floating island from bottom to top. So far it's hollow.

Big thanks to Tav and Crazy for donating so much stuff. So far the Storage Locker is only open to Xun (Otamin) and I, so as to avoid possible grief and theft from certain players. But if anybody would like to donate supplies to the project, please let us know, or leave your donations in a chest by the Storage locker.

Xun, so far we have a ton of dirt, stone, cobble, iron, and wood in the locker. That should certainly help put a dent into it :)

Nice one.

I'll get on soon.

Ark

Ark your sister stole stuff of mine right in front of my eyes.

It's getting annoying.

And again, what do you expect me to do without context?

People tell me these things, but I can't do anything without knowing what is actually happening.

Ranger X

Wouldn't it be simple and a 100% safe fix to change your password and not tell your sister? I mean, it seems that she can't listen...

drexplora

lol girls and videogames :D

i need to buy this game!!

EDIT: For ppl with the lag/stutter issues, if u have a multicore/multithreaded cpu have u tried setting the affinity to only 1 core, or even just removing a core or 2

People tell me these things, but I can't do anything without knowing what is actually happening.

What's actually happening seems pretty clear, no? The Neocraft server isn't really the best place for a seven (?) year old to be running around on, when it seems pretty clear she has no concept (as most seven year olds wouldn't) of other people's property.

People are complaining to you about it because she's your sister. In the nicest way possible; you let a seven year old on the server, so you're the one who'll have to address the consequences of her actions when she's spoiling things for other people who spend a lot of time / effort there. Seems fair enough :)

Xun

Sorry man.

I told her specifically not to enter my shack knowing all to well what would happen, and since the door is locked she destroyed some blocks to get in.

I caught her and called her out upon it, but I just thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Ark

What's actually happening seems pretty clear, no? The Neocraft server isn't really the best place for a seven (?) year old to be running around on, when it seems pretty clear she has no concept (as most seven year olds wouldn't) of other people's property.

People are complaining to you about it because she's your sister. In the nicest way possible; you let a seven year old on the server, so you're the one who'll have to address the consequences of her actions when she's spoiling things for other people who spend a lot of time / effort there. Seems fair enough :)

Sure, the overall is clear, but I'm not going to do anything if someone just says to me 'X broke my Y/stole my Z'. Everyone gets the same treatment.

Sorry man.

I told her specifically not to enter my shack knowing all to well what would happen, and since the door is locked she destroyed some blocks to get in.

I caught her and called her out upon it, but I just thought it'd be worth mentioning.

I'll just end up banning her soon.

Sure, the overall is clear, but I'm not going to do anything if someone just says to me 'X broke my Y/stole my Z'. Everyone gets the same treatment.

I'll just end up banning her soon.

So if anyone else was a known thief / griefer and had been caught in the act multiple times, they'd 'maybe end up getting banned at some point'? Comforting ;P

legacyzero

Banned
The project is getting bigger and bigger. in just a days time, we have the whole floating HUB island finished! Now is the time to build. Xun is planning a central square for a giant compass.

Thanks to everyone that are donated supplies and are helping with the build. For those of you that havn't seen it's progress:

lol girls and videogames :D

i need to buy this game!!

EDIT: For ppl with the lag/stutter issues, if u have a multicore/multithreaded cpu have u tried setting the affinity to only 1 core, or even just removing a core or 2

This should be bannable. The fact that she is a girl has nothing to do with the grieving.

Ranger X

Bad jokes do exist but for once I have to agree with Toggle.

Someone not liking your joke isn't a bannable offense in the TOS of this forum. It's as simple as that. You can totally not like a joke but asking for a ban is stupid ---- and against the TOS of this forum.

Bad jokes do exist but for once I have to agree with Toggle.

Someone not liking your joke isn't a bannable offense in the TOS of this forum. It's as simple as that. You can totally not like a joke but asking for a ban is stupid ---- and against the TOS of this forum.

It wasn't about liking or not liking the joke. The joke was sexist and I don't like or support sexism in any shape or form. I wasn't specifically requesting a ban either. I just wish things like this could be avoided or didn't exist on GAF. I see enough of it in the gaming community as it is.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Clearly all of you have some kind of vendetta against this poor child and are trying to get her banned by making false accusations. He's already brushed off or questioned several adults' complaints about griefing and asked for context/evidence; clearly he doesn't care. What more can be said besides some offhanded remark about his avatar.

I don`t play on the GAF server, so I don`t really have a personal stake in this, but I cant believe you guys are putting up with this shit. My advice, start a new GAF server where seven year olds don`t get banned for griefing. Hell, some of you are even donating money towards this. Get a new operator or someone else start a new server.

Jesus.

legacyzero

Banned
I don`t play on the GAF server, so I don`t really have a personal stake in this, but I cant believe you guys are putting up with this shit. My advice, start a new GAF server where seven year olds don`t get banned for griefing. Hell, some of you are even donating money towards this. Get a new operator or someone else start a new server.
Jesus.

That's the problem. Just take a look at all the hard work that's gone into that server (i've only been there a few weeks, and I've already put a ton of work it. Not to mention the DOMES. CharmingCharlie would shit a BRICK if all of his hard work had been for nothing.

I'd say a seven year old trolling the server is a small, small price to pay for keeping our work.

I would say, however, that when this many people are complaining about the same things, how much more context is needed? I know it's a family issue at this point, but it IS an OFFICIAL NEOGAF server.

Ark

I'm looking to introduce some new moderators, since I have almost no idea about the current server populous, I'd like some recommendations via PM for moderator status. I've already got a couple of people in mind, but PM recommendations from current active players would be far more beneficial.

Moderators would basically be able to kick people, play around with plugins, backups, pretty much everything I can do except for extremes like shutting down the server/IP banning everyone.

I would say, however, that when this many people are complaining about the same things, how much more context is needed? I know it's a family issue at this point, but it IS an OFFICIAL NEOGAF server.

It's not a family issue at all. The conclusions that are being jumped too are quite amusing indeed. And a troll is not a small price to pay, there shouldn't be any price to pay at all. Which is why I'm actually trying to do something about it now, I've been out of action since the end of August and I feel awful for neglecting the server for so long.

Xun

I'm looking to introduce some new moderators, since I have almost no idea about the current server populous, I'd like some recommendations via PM for moderator status. I've already got a couple of people in mind, but PM recommendations from current active players would be far more beneficial.

Moderators would basically be able to kick people, play around with plugins, backups, pretty much everything I can do except for extremes like shutting down the server/IP banning everyone.

It's not a family issue at all. The conclusions that are being jumped too are quite amusing indeed. And a troll is not a small price to pay, there shouldn't be any price to pay at all. Which is why I'm actually trying to do something about it now, I've been out of action since the end of August and I feel awful for neglecting the server for so long.
Good to hear moderators will be added!

And don't feel awful for not coming on as much as you used to, life is more important after all. ;)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Ark, you've got school to worry about. Neocraft is doing good enough to get by, just do not compromise your education and future for a few issues with the server. Your schooling is more important IMHO. So don't feel too bad, it's not like the server is down or falling apart at the seams or crashing every few minutes or whatnot.

Could the server use some TLC? Sure. Is your homework more important? Hell yes bud.

That being said, some people to help you out sure wouldn't hurt.

legacyzero

Banned

Oh no, no big deal. I wont jump to conclusions. I myself havn't been griefed by her. But when discussion on the server is collectively the same by numerous members, regarding their experiences with this individual.

I donated just recently for a couple reasons. Not mainly because I love it so much (because I do) But because I'm on it SO OFTEN lol. I literally just put an ENTIRE WEEKEND on that server (as most of the members would tell you.)

I just dont want to login one day and find a hole in the wall of my residence in the dome, etc. Trouble is, there is only one member that is supposedly famous for that kind of thing.
Good to hear moderators will be added!

And don't feel awful for not coming on as much as you used to, life is more important after all. ;)
THIS.

Dont sweat it. Do what you have to do. School is WAY more important

Top Bottom