• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

vetrox

The "troll" in question came along with me and a friend to explore a cave. We both knew she was just a kid and treated her as such. Many a fun times were had!

Whenever I put down a workbench to craft more gear, she'd start whacking away at it trying to pick it up. After a while I just asked her whenever I needed one, and she'd throw out four or more to our great amusement.
After the adventure she helped me build the gazebo, handing over loads of sand and fetching wood from the tree farm. The kid was very pleased with her reward, a shiny new diamond sword!

She really seem to enjoy the server and interacting with the people on it, judging from the short time I've been on. She seems to be hunting for attention and someone to play with.

Shame she's obviously unable to let other peoples work be alone and I'm sure most the people on the server don't want to babysit a seven-year-old in the game, but IMO it's not that big of a deal.

I just dont want to login one day and find a hole in the wall of my residence in the dome, etc. Trouble is, there is only one member that is supposedly famous for that kind of thing.

I've found loads of random holes in the pillar beneath my plot in Bravo Dome. It wasn't too well lit, but it might be Endermen?

Jhriad

Stopped playing on the server a while back because of the long wait to be updated and waiting for map/nether trim. Decide to hop on just now and updated the client only to be given the outdated server message. Boo. :(

Is the server on 1.0 now? Also are the chest protections still in place? Would hate to get back in and see all my stuff rampaged through.

Ark

Stopped playing on the server a while back because of the long wait to be updated and waiting for map/nether trim. Decide to hop on just now and updated the client only to be given the outdated server message. Boo. :(

Is the server on 1.0 now? Also are the chest protections still in place? Would hate to get back in and see all my stuff rampaged through.

Chest protection is still in place, and I believe the server is still on 'vanilla' Minecraft or whatever.

Cheers for the comments guys btw, means a lot.

This mod looks pretty amazing: Shadows

2012-01-13_035600.png

Would be amazing to see this eventually integrated into the game. I tried it out but it rapes my laptop.

So I just installed this, the DOF GLSL shader, Optifine and others, got a HD texture pack and right now Minecraft is looking fiiine.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Jhriad, Minecraft officially patched up to 1.1 the other day, but the server is still on 1.0, so Neocraft is technically behind the release version by one patch. You may have to get a 1.0 JAR and downgrade to get on. I haven't patched up yet for this very reason.

And yes, all of your stuff on the Arks should be right where you left it.

Jhriad

I'll have to find a copy of the 1.0 jar somewhere then.

Heh I already got my Ark stuff the first day the ark was up. I was more worried about all the materials Krovan & I had gathered since at one point we had mined more than the rest of the server combined by an order of magnitude.

legacyzero

Banned
Jhriad, Minecraft officially patched up to 1.1 the other day, but the server is still on 1.0, so Neocraft is technically behind the release version by one patch. You may have to get a 1.0 JAR and downgrade to get on. I haven't patched up yet for this very reason.

I still fear the day that I accidentally push the YES button to update lol. We gotta get that baby updated. Gaf needs more wool! lol

legacyzero

Banned
Coming along nicely! Heard some suggestions about the grass in the middle. I agree. Awkward. So Charlie suggested white wool. Looks great, but ran out of wool HAHA!

Jasoco

Banned
I think the compass should be a fountain with the letters sticking out of the water. Just fill the area in with water and use stone half-blocks for the bottom instead of wool. Would look nicer.

How big is the island eventually going to be?

legacyzero

Banned
I think the compass should be a fountain with the letters sticking out of the water. Just fill the area in with water and use stone half-blocks for the bottom instead of wool. Would look nicer.

How big is the island eventually going to be?

That's the main island there. Big, but not overly huge. We're considering it to be where the player can warp in, and then travel to the adjacent islands.

EDIT:
This seems about right I think.... The main Island that is..

Xun

Looking good! Good to see the project taking shape.

Also to help give some further inspiration, here's how it was done on Timan's old server:

8StaP.jpg

Bear in mind it did have letters at one point, but I quite like how it was laid out.

Branson

Uh oh. I just got an email saying that I requested a password change, which I did not. What should I do?

I guess I'm trying to say did they get my password? Or are they trying to..

I'm scared...hold me gaf

Ranger X

Uh oh. I just got an email saying that I requested a password change, which I did not. What should I do?

I guess I'm trying to say did they get my password? Or are they trying to..

I'm scared...hold me gaf

Email Notch to know if such Emails are being sent right now. And don't worry :p

*hugs*

legacyzero

Banned

Also to help give some further inspiration, here's how it was done on Timan's old server:

8StaP.jpg

Bear in mind it did have letters at one point, but I quite like how it was laid out.

My god, mine looks like shit LOL

Mine was intended to be tentative anyway, If anybody can do better, please. This is a community project!

My god, mine looks like shit LOL

Nah yours doesn't look like shit. I am probably speaking for myself but I actually like the letters on a compass. It has a very utilitarian feel to it and even for dunces like me that get lost with a map of a mall it is easy to see the N/E/S/W direction on the map.

Now having said that it would be daft not to acknowledge Xun's compass as being visually appealing. Perhaps a combination of the two compasses could be done ?

legacyzero

Banned
Oh, and by the way, did somebody steal the nether fence from around the fountain? cause it's not there anymore, and I didn't do it LOL

Timan

Developer

8StaP.jpg

I have multiple versions (we had it on 2 maps) of the map with the compass up for dl, so if someone wants em feel free to pm.

Mengy

I have a double chest full of white wool on the ark from neocraft 1.0

I'm looking forward to when we get Neocraft updated to 1.1. Wool is kind of hard to come by right now on the server. I finally got a little sheep farm going, but getting the first two sheep into the farm was a difficult venture. Just finding two sheep to lure back to my base was a huge pain. And now I have to first breed the sheep to make babies, then color the parents, shear them, then kill them because they never regrow their wool right now. Quite a process. It will be great to have them simply eat the grass and grow the wool back.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm looking forward to when we get Neocraft updated to 1.1. Wool is kind of hard to come by right now on the server. I finally got a little sheep farm going, but getting the first two sheep into the farm was a difficult venture. Just finding two sheep to lure back to my base was a huge pain. And now I have to first breed the sheep to make babies, then color the parents, shear them, then kill them because they never regrow their wool right now. Quite a process. It will be great to have them simply eat the grass and grow the wool back.
HAHA! I was there when you were all flustered over that. Stupid sheep!

legacyzero

Banned
Unfortunately, Minecraft is much too small in height to allow for something of that scale.

Still, that's pretty ambitious, and very do-able. Obviously we'd have to trim SOME aspects of it, but overall, I think we could pull something that big off. Alot of work involved, and it'd have to be a group effort for sure.

Still, that's pretty ambitious, and very do-able. Obviously we'd have to trim SOME aspects of it, but overall, I think we could pull something that big off. Alot of work involved, and it'd have to be a group effort for sure.

Only if you make it horizontal, rather than vertical.

Which, in my opinion, completely ruins the appeal of that image.

Ranger X

oh niiiiiiiiiice!

Not only I'd want more biomes like that but I happy to see that the game's devellopment isn't getting any slower. :)

Mengy

New snapshot released: http://mojang.com/2012/01/19/minecraft-snapshot-12w03a/

The jungle biomes are beautiful:

Very fun to navigate especially with the climbable vines. The new wood & leaf types are sexy as hell too.

Oh, the jungle trees aren't just made of normal logs? So there is a new wood and sapling and leaf type? And climbable vines sounds freakin awesome. We finally got our climbing ropes! Well, sort of. The biome changes sound nice for 1.2, guess I'll hold off exploring any more on my SSP world until then, lol.

Treefingers said:
Edit: Zombies go around obstacles to get to you now... this is very worrying.

O_O

Woah, now THAT changes the game a bit. Do creepers walk around objects as well? New AI like this would bring back some tension to the spelunking game...

legacyzero

Banned
Woah, now THAT changes the game a bit. Do creepers walk around objects as well? New AI like this would bring back some tension to the spelunking game...

Not that there isn't tension ALREADY lol.

I'm so happy that they are still working on this game! Now if we can just get our server updated to 1.1... OR, maybe we can just wait until 1.2 and do it then. When are they saying this is coming?

Word to the wise. Always make sure you know which biome you're building in. I was working on my mega walled city project when suddenly, because of the new update, it started snowing. Kind of ruined my desire to work on it because now I'm gonna have to deal with snow being every where unless I put torches everywhere. At least until the new optifog version is out.

Mengy

WELP, I vote that Neocraft remain a jungle free zone then. I really don't want to start over again so soon. Losing everything that's been built isn't worth the addition of jungles IMHO.

As for my SSP world, I may have to consider starting over again. :( Time to figure out how to do an Ark in my SSP world...

Top Bottom