• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

I'm using Steelfeather's Enchanted pack. First pack I've stuck with, worth a look.

The new update is awesome, very cool jungles!

More sounds is awesome but you know what really annoys me? There's mineshaft litterally everywhere. It's like impossible to explore a cave and not fall into a mineshaft, not possible to explore a canyon and not fall into one either. Most of the time, there's also a mineshaft fucked in strongholds. Well, I think it makes the underground more repetitive and boring than before. Corridors, corridors and corridors while every cave was different before that update. It would be nice that Mineshafts would be rare. Like 10 per worlds or so.
Been rare for me in 1.1 and now 12w03a. Just started on 12w03a, haven't seen one yet.

Jhriad

So, does anybody else regret the server wipe? Without debating whether it was necessary or not... I kinda do!

Depends. I didn't have a lot of investment in the server prior to the wipe so for me it didn't really matter too much. I do regret that we were stuck in 'waiting' mode for 1.0 forever though.

Jasoco

Banned
I would like to get back onto NeoCraft at some point. But I'd rather wait and see if we're going to ever do jungles. Even as a hacked in option with the existing world. I haven't been on since before the previous wipe. When I built that nice house in the Tundra. I miss that house. I'd love to build it again. But not in a jungle. Maybe at the edge of a big lake.

bengraven

I have a plan.

q0NaE.jpg

Fucking Kashyyk!

Kuran

Banned
In the latest build, I spawned a waterworld it seems. I cannot find any islands other than the one I spawned on. (Sadly, no trees..)

The seabed is miles below.

It's still very magical, I keep hopping over the water in the hopes of finding land.

That glitch where you 'see through' the world for a second when going beneath the water always takes me out of the experience though, hard to ignore. If they could fix that the murky blackness of the deep waters would be terrifying.

Please hire some developers Mojang! Hire one guy to create fish, one guy to create corals, and add whales! You made 500k euro's today in sales. Give back to the community!

<waits a week to find that they re-removed the hitbox on the ladders and made the grass slightly less green>

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey guys, been lurking for quite a while now (ahem 2 years) and I finally got accepted. I haven't played MC in quite a long time mainly because I didn't have a fun server to play on but hopefully the GAF server will make me play again. :)

Edit: Which MC version does Ark's server use? I get disconnected because the server is "outdated".

Roche

Hey guys, been lurking for quite a while now (ahem 2 years) and I finally got accepted. I haven't played MC in quite a long time mainly because I didn't have a fun server to play on but hopefully the GAF server will make me play again. :)

You're welcome to join up anytime, you might need to send Ark a PM to become a citizen before you can start building.

Edit: Ark's uses version 1.0 I think someone posted the download you need to downgrade earlier in the thread.

I'm taking a week or 2 leave from Minecraft and I've already got withdrawal symptoms.

Bloody game...

Tell ya what, when we get new moderators I will tell them to keep kicking you every time you try to log in for two weeks. Now that is "Intervention".

Plants to upgrade neocraft to 1.1.?
As always it is in the hands of other people like the server hosts and the modders. I believe at the moment the server host is still only offering 1.0 and most of the mods that Neocraft use are still 1.0 only.

Once the server host updates and the mods come on line it won't take Ark long to switch over.

qoTxJ.jpg

It's finally user ready!

I wanted to create an easy to use, one stop shop to get just about anything you'll ever need in the game!

SERVICES PROVIDED:
Three tiers of wheat (200 wheat per tier! Piston powered!)
Sugar cane (piston powered!)
Melons (piston powered!)
Pumpkins (piston powered!)
Cacti (piston powered!)
Mushroom Area (with mycelium!)
Vines
Default trees
Pine trees
Birch trees
Sheep pen
Cow pen
Chicken pen
Pig pen
Huge public storage area (server donation area?!)
Beds
Furnaces
2 Brewing stands
2 Enchanting rooms
Nether portal
Monster/EXP grinder (switch between modes with a single press of a button! Also, slimes have a chance to spawn)

RULES OF THE HARVESTER:
-If you see a sign, please read it (important!)
-Replant or re-till soil after harvest
-No floating trees
-No building around my harvester
-No destroying of harvester (aka: NO GRIEFING!)

Warp point coming soon!

Mik2121

Tell ya what, when we get new moderators I will tell them to keep kicking you every time you try to log in for two weeks. Now that is "Intervention".

As always it is in the hands of other people like the server hosts and the modders. I believe at the moment the server host is still only offering 1.0 and most of the mods that Neocraft use are still 1.0 only.

Once the server host updates and the mods come on line it won't take Ark long to switch over.
Which sucks, because I'm already in 1.1 :(

I'll go into the singleplayer and see if I can get something going by myself :)

Xun

Now that's just evil! :p

I uninstalled the game anyway, but I made sure to save all of my stuff of course.

Bu bu but.... YOU CANT!

Who's gonna be mah partner in crime :((
I'll be back soon enough, don't worry. :)

I just needed a break from the game.

Also feel free to PM me with progress!

KPJZKC

I've been out of the minecraft loop for a long time, so I decided I'd give it another shot on the neocraft server...but the address in the OP gives me an "outdated server" error. Is it using a new address? And do I need to be whitelisted?

Ark

I'm going to have to find time to play Minecraft after January is over, I'm getting the urge to build stuff again :p

Which sucks, because I'm already in 1.1 :(

I'll go into the singleplayer and see if I can get something going by myself :)

You aint getting out of it that easily ;) Rizzo posted a link to a downgrader so you can get back on the server :-

This should do it.

We would love to see you back Mik2121 everyone asks about your Cathedral near New Castleton.

I've been out of the minecraft loop for a long time, so I decided I'd give it another shot on the neocraft server...but the address in the OP gives me an "outdated server" error. Is it using a new address? And do I need to be whitelisted?
This is probably down to the fact the server uses version 1.0. If you have an older version of Minecraft you won't be able to join and likewise if you have a new version of minecraft you won't be able to join. If you want to join the server you need to downgrade/upgrade your version to 1.0.

If you want to build or do anything meaningful on the server you need to be white listed and for that you have to pester Ark with a PM.... He may insist on some blood sacrifice though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Damn Art, that is awesome! Once we get the nether reset and we get the nether network built, I think the main branch from spawn will be to your huge farm. That's damn nice work. I need to get down there and take a look at it.

legacyzero

Banned
So look what Roche178 found in the Nether today!

So we just found this random sword of diamonds located over a lake of lava! We are talking about weather or not we should loot it (mainly because it has a weeks worth of strip mining in it)

What say you Gaf? Considering we are waiting on a nether reset, why let all that good loot go to waste? WHO DID THIS?

Ranger X

What the hell...

In my world, the gate in the Enderworld appears in emptyness. The island with the Dragon is quite far in the distance. Long story short, I have to fucking build a bridge of obsidian WHILE DODGING THE DRAGON? wtf Christ. I'm discouraged. :(

Hey there Y'all, Mayor of Dome City here. It has often been said that the management of Dome City just sit on their gold thrones all day whilst scratching various "hard to reach" itches with our ivory back scratchers obtained from the horn of the last Unicorn. But that isn't the case, nope sometimes we even take baths in the gold and diamond that your extortionate rents cover.

However today as Mayor I wanted to slum it a bit. So I stepped down from my gold throne and bandaged the various bed sores (gold thrones are not comfortable to sit on) and had a wander around the Bravo Dome. I have to say I am humbled and shocked at the creativity of people in the Bravo Dome. It made me realise something .......... I am not charging enough rent so expect your rent to go up soon :p .

Now for those that haven't visited the Bravo Dome yet I thought I would share a few pics of the fantastic tree house that Tavara is building. This is seriously fantastic work and I proclaim Tavara the landscape gardener of Dome City whether they like it or not.

Anyway here are a few pics I took, but to truly appreciate it you have to visit :-

L0bNO.jpg

28Jql.jpg

4EjOH.jpg

legacyzero

Banned
Not sure if you still need dirt for Skycity, but I dropped off 28 stacks just in case.
THANKS! Always need more dirt. Take a look at the underside of the new island. It's basically hollow. I going for about 4 layers of dirt so residents can feel free to dig down a bit.

Messed up one of those pathways, I must fix it.

You messed up a brick.... ONE brick.

YOU'RE FIRED!
LOL

defel

Im having this annoying sword bug. Every time i make a sword it instantly has zero vitality and when I use it it breaks, disappears from my inventory and then randomly reappears at zero vitality again, ad infinitum.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Not sure if you still need dirt for Skycity, but I dropped off 28 stacks just in case.

I also dropped off over half a double chest of dirt stacks this weekend too, I put them in the storage shed on that little island down at sea level. I have some more excavating to do around my fortress, so I'll have more dirt in a few days coming your way too.

Artistdude, your harvester is incredible, both aesthetically and architecturally. I love the layout of the place.

Top Bottom