• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

2 things:

1) ArtistDude, how the FUCK did you make that grinder without having flying? *boggle*

2) YES, cats!

I've always wanted them to change the mobs when you domesticate them. So there's a "wild" version and a tame version. Looks like Ocelots -> house cats is the first step.

Next:

Wild Boars -> Pigs
Yak/Buffalo -> Cows
Mountain Goat -> sheep
Wolf -> More domestic looking dog
Creeper -> Creeper Chan

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
1.2 pre cats:
well jungles are cool and all but i dont think we should update the server and have to get a new map for the new biomes.

1.2 post cats:
OMG A KITTTTY

Just thought I would share a few screen shots of the specially commissioned fountain that the Mayor and Deputy Mayor ordered :-

12WdE.jpg

eIXdK.jpg

PcXcB.jpg

He is effectionately known as "The Weeper" crying for all the death and destruction he has caused over the years. If you want to see it in person then just pop over to the Delta Dome.

legacyzero

Banned
This is the donation info :-

Once you have made a donation pm Ark and give him the details and he will sort you out Donator status on Neocraft.
This really should be in the OP. Can a mod update this?? I had trouble finding this information too.

Sky city is really coming along. So happy that we're finally able to build on the new island!

Ok ladies and gents as you know we were unable to have an End Portal in our world because all the strongholds had been found before the end portal was able to be generated. Well there is now an End Portal in our world. I am not going to tell you where it is but I will give you three clues :-

1. It is NOT in Dome City
  2. It IS in one of the strongholds that were found
  3. X marks the spot :p
Good hunting and hopefully it will work as intended. You will of course need 9 eyes of ender to activate the portal and there is a "slight" chance it may not work. If that is the case then let us know and I will see what can be done about it.

Ark

Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be downgrading the server to 1GB RAM from 1.5 and from 20 to 15 player slots since it's not getting used as often as it was, and the repayment is in two days,

Overdoziz

Banned
Does the server have more mobs than in normal MineCraft? They're everywhere! I never really liked mobs in online MC because lag can make it quite hard to deal with them.

This is the first time I've been on in a very long time. I just walked around DomeCity for quite a bit. How the hell did you guys make that? It's very impressive.

This is the first time I've been on in a very long time. I just walked around DomeCity for quite a bit. How the hell did you guys make that? It's very impressive.

CharmingCharlie built the main dome the two domes off of it and the Alpha Living Dome by himself. I joined in while the Bravo Living Dome was being built and have been involved with the project since. Building them takes a lot of patience and planning.

If you haven't seen them yet you need to stop by Skycity and Otamin's castle both are pretty awesome.

Mik2121

Jeez... Mirk, the server surely got hit badly, hahahah. How much TNT did you put in there? :O

Anyway, I gotta go do some shopping, but I'll be back later and check out what was left in there.. but I'll guess we made at least a huge hole that goes down to the bottom rock...

Rapstah

I like the concept that seems to have appeared in Sky City where there's a different tree type on every island. I think this could be done to great effect.

legacyzero

Banned
I like the concept that seems to have appeared in Sky City where there's a different tree type on every island. I think this could be done to great effect.
That was Roche178. Roche took creative control. It was completely necessary, too, otherwise the islands would have no color LOL.

What can I say, I like my neutrals. I particularly like the stalls that Roche did in the center. Very cool.

EDIT: Put up a new "RULES" board on the new island..........NOW WORSHIP LEGACYZERO.

Started to get back into the game, I haven't really played it since the server was wiped so haven't experienced any of the major changes and I have to say, I'm not really liking any of them outside of increased biome variety and the canyons.

The trouble, to my mind at least, is that Notch created this bare-bones sandbox of emergent gameplay that allowed people to play however they want. Some preferred survival, some preferred mining, some preferred building, or a combination of all 3. But as the game has been added to, Notch & co. have done little to cater to all the gameplay styles their userbase enjoys.

I personally don't care for survival, the awful combat or any of the annoying monsters. All I want from the game is to explore, mine, collect and build. For that reason, all I want from a Minecraft update is more blocks to mine and build with and more things to build, but for whatever reason this is an area that has seen little improvement. Sure, there's the ugly-ass nether fortress blocks, and now I can make enchantment sanctums, alchemy breweries and more expansive farms, but I'm still constructing these huge and imaginative buildings and having NOTHING to fill them with.

And then I look at the stuff that has been added, like those worthless NPCs or the Ender portals, and it seems that Mojang's idea of what the game should be is so wildly divergent from where I want it to be, I should probably just give up caring or just relent and mod the game to hell.

/rant over. I may jump back on the server sometime this week, as I'm eager to see what amazing stuff you guys have been building :)

Jasoco

Banned
NPC's can be disabled if you turn off Structures. Not sure if that will also turn off strongholds too, but it's not like you HAVE to go find them. By turning off Structures in your new world you should get just plain old Minecraft.

NPC's can be disabled if you turn off Structures. Not sure if that will also turn off strongholds too, but it's not like you HAVE to go find them. By turning off Structures in your new world you should get just plain old Minecraft.

And that's half the problem - it's just plain old minecraft. I dislike the new additions because none of them do squat to enhance my gameplay experience, which has largely been the same since I first started playing the game. I dunno, it just seems to me that at this point in the game's development there should be a whole load more variety in the blocks you can mine/create and build with, as well as decorative and functional blocks that would help give variety and purpose to the stuff I'm randomly building.

Vlad

And that's half the problem - it's just plain old minecraft. I dislike the new additions because none of them do squat to enhance my gameplay experience, which has largely been the same since I first started playing the game. I dunno, it just seems to me that at this point in the game's development there should be a whole load more variety in the blocks you can mine/create and build with, as well as decorative and functional blocks that would help give variety and purpose to the stuff I'm randomly building.

I'd highly recommend that you check out some of the mods out there for the game. Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, and Better Than Wolves, all have some great additions to the game, and greatly expand on the amount of stuff you can build and mess around with.

I'd highly recommend that you check out some of the mods out there for the game. Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, and Better Than Wolves, all have some great additions to the game, and greatly expand on the amount of stuff you can build and mess around with.

Yeah, I really should check some of the big mod packs out, but I've been quite stubborn about it - either because the additions I saw seemed too complex or I felt they weren't fitting with the minecraft style, but ultimately I was kinda hoping that by now Mojang themselves would have used some of the great ideas coming from the modding community.

I got around to exploring the rest of NeoCraft and everything looks amazing! I don't know how you guys are so talented, but good job :) starting my new home in DomeCity.

Top Bottom