• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Now go forth and abuse your new found abilities (to make it never rain again)!

You kidding ? no chance from now on it is rain, rain and more rain and it will be dark 24/7. Things will be so bad you will all be forced to live in Dome City in squalid unsanitary conditions. Whilst I live it up in my solid Gold and Diamond personal Dome Mwahhhhhaaaaaa ;)

Getting back to reality before Ark swiftly removes my new abilities thanks to everyone for the congrats. I am looking forward to all the "charlieeeeeeeeeeee can you give me 1,000 diamonds pleaseeeeeeeeee" requests.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Awwww yeah! Grats guys.

Now go forth and abuse your new found abilities (to make it never rain again)!

Thanks all. Hah, I might not be a very popular mod, I actually enjoy the rain. And the night time. Oh, and I like mining for and collecting resources, lol.

I will try to keep the Tectonic map updated more often, with Toki's help. And I would like to get the nether reset taken care of so we can start building things there, like a complete travel network of nether portals.

Mengy

Mengy is a good guy I can stand behind.

... if you skip night time bitch :p

LOL, I wonder if one of my new mod powers is being able to make it constant rainy night only over certain people? Or better yet, I wonder if I can place a constant bedrock void fog around Ranger X. Er, I mean, certain people... :D

legacyzero

Banned
You kidding ? no chance from now on it is rain, rain and more rain and it will be dark 24/7. Things will be so bad you will all be forced to live in Dome City in squalid unsanitary conditions. Whilst I live it up in my solid Gold and Diamond personal Dome Mwahhhhhaaaaaa ;)

Getting back to reality before Ark swiftly removes my new abilities thanks to everyone for the congrats. I am looking forward to all the "charlieeeeeeeeeeee can you give me 1,000 diamonds pleaseeeeeeeeee" requests.
I'll take 100, if you dont mind. I'm not that needy :)

Thanks all. Hah, I might not be a very popular mod, I actually enjoy the rain. And the night time. Oh, and I like mining for and collecting resources, lol.

I will try to keep the Tectonic map updated more often, with Toki's help. And I would like to get the nether reset taken care of so we can start building things there, like a complete travel network of nether portals.

I agree. I like the rain and night too. I've grown used to it actually, since it happens so much.

A little bit a sun wouldn't hurt sometimes though.

JMB

Banned
Hey everyone, just joined the server yesterday. I currently reside near the south gate in Pioneer Town so if you are in the area come over and say hi :)

My username is Jacky_B

legacyzero

Banned
I need advise on what kind of plot sizes to make for the new island. I'd like to see alot of plots, but I'd hate to see them be super small...

Good thing is, though: there really isn't a height restriction, and residents are free to dig down some (about 4 layers)

WHO WANTS A PLOT?

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone know what the ETA is on 1.1 in the server? I've got a lot of bald sheep I don't want to have to slay.

lmao I love that your name is wool and you're worried about wool

I love the sheep changes in 1.1. I can't believe how easy it is to cultivate stacks and stacks of any colors you could want now. Colored wool used to feel like such a luxury item before. Making a big structure with some colored wool was a weird sort of accomplishment. Now, I have so much of it that it's starting to just look cheap to me.

Mengy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't you guys need to roll a new map to get the new jungle biome?

Yeah, we won't be getting jungle biomes on Neocraft. At least, not naturally. However, we might be able to plant the new trees and make our own. Once we upgrade I plan on doing some experimenting...

Looks like Bukkit 1.1 is out. Once I get my mod powers all set up I'll look into upgrading Neocraft and the plugins to 1.1 so our sheep can eat grass and stop being naked.

Wool

lmao I love that your name is wool and you're worried about wool

I love the sheep changes in 1.1. I can't believe how easy it is to cultivate stacks and stacks of any colors you could want now. Colored wool used to feel like such a luxury item before. Making a big structure with some colored wool was a weird sort of accomplishment. Now, I have so much of it that it's starting to just look cheap to me.

I just changed my name a few days ago. I know all too well how making things out of colored wool was like, I made a Statue of Liberty out of green wool in Exano's server back before shears and animals staying spawned where they are. I haven't used 1.1 yet, but if what you say is true then I might be a little upset. I liked how you really had to earn the right to build with wool. Anyways heres a couple shots:

Construction:
nZDLDl.png

Finished Product:
BOWK7l.png

Not my doing but here was a couple screenshots I had of the Greek city and modern city:
yjwv5l.jpg

UspHOl.png

Mengy

I just changed my name a few days ago. I know all too well how making things out of colored wool was like, I made a Statue of Liberty out of green wool in Exano's server back before shears and animals staying spawned where they are. I haven't used 1.1 yet, but if what you say is true then I might be a little upset. I liked how you really had to earn the right to build with wool. Anyways heres a couple shots:

Construction:
nZDLDl.png

Finished Product:
BOWK7l.png

Holy crap that statue is awesome! You need to re-make this on Neocraft!

Wool still takes work to build with. You need to build a sheep farm, collect whatever dye material you will need, then color the sheep and shear them and gradually build up your stock of colored wools. Sure it's easier, but it's also a hell of alot more fun IMHO.

Xun

Ok guys here's how the castle currently looks, but there's still a lot to go:

MkBbE.png

Also cool Statue of Liberty Wool! I remember you working on that way back when.

Mengy

Ok guys here's how the castle currently looks, but there's still a lot to go:

MkBbE.png

It is MUCH larger looking in game. The scale of this castle is immense, just like the hole that was dug into the land to build it. It's awesome in person but when this is done it is going to be incredible.

And when you say a lot to go, thats the understatement of the year. This castle is so huge that I'm betting it takes you months to get it done. Can't wait to see this one progress.

jpnzQ.jpg

The dreaded "No Patch" on the water can indicated only 1 thing and that is Neocraft is now running 1.1 . So if you want to join you need to click yes when the in game updater offers the update to you.

As for the Ocelets, I am a huge cat person myself and I might just do a jungle dome for this Ocelets and the dome shall be called the Sina dome in honour of my beloved 18 year old cat that died this morning :`(

Mengy

HOLY SHIT, NEOCRAFT NEEDS THIS!

Jeb has stated that pre 1.2 worlds won't generate jungle biomes, you will need to start a new world after the 1.2 patch in order to see them (so that includes ocelots). However, I've read a bit about a workaround to "make" pre 1.2 worlds use the new 1.2 generation. We'll have to wait and see what we can do. I'm sure we'll find a way that doesn't include another server reset. Because, Domes. And, lots of other things.

On another more scary note, someone made a mod that allows creepers to ride both kinds of spiders:

6iOBb.png

So, creeers riding poisonous mounts that climb walls. That's freaking awesome!!!

The dreaded "No Patch" on the water can indicated only 1 thing and that is Neocraft is now running 1.1 . So if you want to join you need to click yes when the in game updater offers the update to you.

Well thats good news! Sheep rejoice all over Neocraft!

Damn, sorry to hear that Charlie. :(

Would be fun to build a pet store on the server, with dogs/wolves and the different cat breeds.

Speaking of breeds it would be cool if taming wolves turned them into different dog breeds.

jpnzQ.jpg

As for the Ocelets, I am a huge cat person myself and I might just do a jungle dome for this Ocelets and the dome shall be called the Sina dome in honour of my beloved 18 year old cat that died this morning :`(

Sorry to hear about your cat, it sucks losing a pet. :-( And we could always repurpose the Chicken Dome as the Sina Dome in hopes that we'll be able to have cats on the server someday.

Cheers for kind words it is appreciated. As for us not having access to the jungle biome unless we reset the whole world that doesn't mean we won't have access to things like Ocelot spawn eggs ;) .

I am sure a kind moderator could spawn a couple of Ocelot spawn eggs and any of the other jungle biome materials until such a time we do solve the "no jungle in old words problem.

On another note with patch 1.1 the messed up swamp biome doesn't look too bad in the bravo dome now. So glad we didn't take it all down and move it.

legacyzero

Banned
Cheers for kind words it is appreciated. As for us not having access to the jungle biome unless we reset the whole world that doesn't mean we won't have access to things like Ocelot spawn eggs ;) .

I am sure a kind moderator could spawn a couple of Ocelot spawn eggs and any of the other jungle biome materials until such a time we do solve the "no jungle in old words problem.

On another note with patch 1.1 the messed up swamp biome doesn't look too bad in the bravo dome now. So glad we didn't take it all down and move it.

Oh, I hadn't thought about that! NIIIICE. I'll take a few eggs! :p

EDIT: So it IS ok to update to 1.1 without getting locked out of Neocraft?

JVIDICAN

The Dynamic height mod starting to annoy me. the mountains jutting out of the sea thing is awesome, but that's all there fucking is. >:[
I need some nice flat land to build, not hundreds of 20x20 mountain peeks. Are there any mods that raise the height limit without raising the sea height and flooding everything?

Mengy

Man, wool is much easier to farm now, by a long shot. Once you have a dozen or so sheep in a grassy pen they become wool generating machines. It's almost hard to keep up with shearing all of them the wool grows so fast!

Yeah, building with colored wool isn't a problem anymore, LOL.

Grinchy

Banned
lol yep. I have about 60 sheep in my farm. Before it was the tedious process of mating as many as I could and killing off the ones I had shed. They are really packed into their pen so it was getting annoying. Now, I can just run in and grab shit loads of wool and not have to worry about it.

I'm thinking about making like a separate pen for each color.

Mengy

lol yep. I have about 60 sheep in my farm. Before it was the tedious process of mating as many as I could and killing off the ones I had shed. They are really packed into their pen so it was getting annoying. Now, I can just run in and grab shit loads of wool and not have to worry about it.

I'm thinking about making like a separate pen for each color.

I was originally going to make separate pens for each color, but after last night I've decided to not bother. It's so easy to have them all together when shearing, just run through the big open pen and shear away. I re-dye the sheep as needed if I want to collect a certain color faster. Plus, having a larger amount of grass gives them more food to grow the wool back faster. Because they sure do munch that grass up quickly, lol. Right now I have them all a different color and I'm just going to gradually stock up on a bunch of wools.

Minecraft is starting to mirror real life :-

anim_96faed40-63b5-a184-e508-9359b4cba2d7.gif

(not my pic someone from Reddit posted this)

Every cat owner will recognise this scenario, aw I so want an Ocelot in minecraft. In fact I want to put 7,000 Ocelots in Dome City and they will all be called "Mr Tibbles".

legacyzero

Banned
Minecraft is starting to mirror real life :-

anim_96faed40-63b5-a184-e508-9359b4cba2d7.gif

(not my pic someone from Reddit posted this)

Every cat owner will recognise this scenario, aw I so want an Ocelot in minecraft. In fact I want to put 7,000 Ocelots in Dome City and they will all be called "Mr Tibbles".
LOL!

I want onnnnnee!!

Top Bottom