• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

The server isn't full at the moment, I have just been on and it has been more or less me all day. Just popped back on and there is no one there right now.

Hm there is definitely something weird going on here. I just logged back into the server with no problem. Although I did notice the number of people on the server was displayed as ??? Not only that but I can't bring up the user list (using the tab key). So the server isn't full it is just no one but mods and admins can get on it so by the looks of it.

Just had a look at the server page on multiplay and it is showing me online as 1/0 players which means the server for some reason has been set to a capacity of zero :p . Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what to do about this.

For some reason It won't let me log into the minecraft site and when I try to run the minecraft exe from FOREVER ago it doesn't even connect. I'm 99% sure I am putting in the information correctly and it's even what was saved in the game. Anything goofy happen in the last couple of months?

I'm just going to request help again. I don't have access to the email that I have it under anymore since aol are a bunch of dicks, but I'm certain I'm putting in the right information.

Ark

HMMMM??

Could this be it?

The downgrade was more due to a lack of funds over anything else.

Just had a look at the server page on multiplay and it is showing me online as 1/0 players which means the server for some reason has been set to a capacity of zero :p . Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what to do about this.

I'll check it out.

EDIT:

Got it working now, apparently the maximum player limit was set to zero players when the downgrade kicked in, it should work fine now :)

legacyzero

Banned
The downgrade was more due to a lack of funds over anything else.

I understand that. Being a student is tough on the wallet. I live in a college town, and students do everything they can to get by. Like eating $5 pizzas that taste like shit LOL.

You gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ark

I understand that. Being a student is tough on the wallet. I live in a college town, and students do everything they can to get by. Like eating $5 pizzas that taste like shit LOL.

You gotta do what ya gotta do.

If it wasn't for all the amazingly generous donations, I wouldn't have been able to keep the server up this long, or at least it would still be limited to 10 players.

legacyzero

Banned
If it wasn't for all the amazingly generous donations, I wouldn't have been able to keep the server up this long, or at least it would still be limited to 10 players.

What kind of cost difference are we talking here? Maybe we can help rally support and get some extra donations?

Perhaps do things like, "DONATE $10 and get 10 blocks of DIAMONDS!!!" or random stuff like that?

Ark

What kind of cost difference are we talking here? Maybe we can help rally support and get some extra donations?

Perhaps do things like, "DONATE $10 and get 10 blocks of DIAMONDS!!!" or random stuff like that?

Well, to put it simply, it's a cost difference of around £50 from the 20 slot & 1.5gb server ram it used to be, and the 15 slot & 1gb server ram it is now.

Blocks of diamonds, or donator 'packages' isn't a bad idea actually.

legacyzero

Banned
Well, to put it simply, it's a cost difference of around £50 from the 20 slot & 1.5gb server ram it used to be, and the 15 slot & 1gb server ram it is now.

Blocks of diamonds, or donator 'packages' isn't a bad idea actually.
I know a few people that havn't donated, yet complain that they cant use certain features. Maybe sweetening the deal will help? I know I'd continue to donate. I'm gonna be donating again this week.

defel

Im happy to donate a couple of quid or so a week if its a matter of keeping the server going. I would donate more but Im a cash-strapped student myself.

andyj89

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
It's too bad there can't be server-specific capes.

Heh, that would be awesome, donator capes! It wasn't until recently that I realized that the /back function was a donator only command. I'd had it so long that I'd forgotten it was a perk, lol.

spuit*11

Banned
Just built a little prototype for a low cost water transportation system in Bravo Dome.

Based on this guy's work: http://www.youtube.com/user/reacheesetart/videos

It's a little crude right now as I did a little experimenting and haven't really watched the videos. But it seems pretty sweet.

If anybody is planning any long range rail network, I suggest using this instead as it costs zero resources beside 6 iron for 2 buckets and some for shovels.

MackVee

Neo Member
Heh, that would be awesome, donator capes! It wasn't until recently that I realized that the /back function was a donator only command. I'd had it so long that I'd forgotten it was a perk, lol.

That's enough of a reason for me to donate this weekend, will be well worth it too.

Mengy

Sounds like creepers are getting updated a bit in the next patch:

JohnTavaletrop Alexandre Floquet
@jonkagstrom Hi, are you working on a new creeper AI ?

@jonkagstrom
jonkagstrom @
@JohnTavaletrop Yes creepers are running in the new ai system now. However they have a new weekness now...

I wonder how the AI has been changed? This could be very bad for us...

Hopefully creepers ride spiders now.

Just some guess work here, but he had another tweet that I think is connected.

1. "I'm making Cats useful!"
2. "I'm making Creepers have a weakness!"
Therefore, cats kill creepers. Irrefutable!

Krilekk

Banned
Ha, I originally registered on GAF to get onto the GAFLand Server (back then GAF was what made me fall in love with Minecraft). After about a year my registration was denied due to email problems. I signed up again and after another six months I was finally able to see your creations for real. Amazing work. And I haven't seen much yet. I probably won't build as I'm already pretty active on a different server but I love the inspiration and what you've achieved so far.

Grinchy

Banned
Here are some things from my SP world. Everything was done legit, though it's not as crazy of a build as I've been seeing from Neocraft lately.

It's like a fake village I guess, where each building was made for a different use. There's a bedroom, workshop, potion lab, and enchantment room.

Here's the intersection that takes me to other areas.

My farm and farmhouse are a cart ride away, in the middle of a body of water. I take a boat directly into the house itself through docks that are on each side. This is where the bed is, which faces sunsets.

Previous

check out my new Swatch
So I built a small hut on the server near 369x 1466x, in the middle of a forest, dug down a bit and found a abandoned mine shaft and a cavern.
I don't see any other evidence that someones built in the area. Now I need to think of some stuff to build..

Venfayth

So I built a small hut on the server near 369x 1466x, in the middle of a forest, dug down a bit and found a abandoned mine shaft and a cavern.
I don't see any other evidence that someones built in the area. Now I need to think of some stuff to build..

Make a strand of DNA!

-SD-

Banned
I've been playing Minecraft for 1 and a half years and the cave trips are STILL as exciting and awesome as ever.

To me, Minecraft cave scouring is the best thing that has happened to PC gaming in recent years. Thanks, Notch.

Mengy

New snapshot for this week from Jeb, 12w05a:

http://assets.minecraft.net/12w05a/minecraft.jar

Apparently:

•Creepers are afraid of ocelots and cats now
•Creepers will stare and wait for you to move after trying to reach you and running away a few times
•Lava has a new sound

I've been playing Minecraft for 1 and a half years and the cave trips are STILL as exciting and awesome as ever.

To me, Minecraft cave scouring is the best thing that has happened to PC gaming in recent years. Thanks, Notch.

Yeah, the game is a wonderful spelunking simulator. One of my favorite aspects of playing Minecraft.

legacyzero

Banned

I agree! The sense of danger, exploration, risk/reward, and horror of being down in a dark cave is one of the best experiences I have in gaming in a long time.

I think I find the risk/reward my favorite experience, because if you die down there, hav fun getting back to get all the shit you dropped lol.

Rapstah

I love the concept of creepers hating cats. Just the kind of monster to have that odd kind of phobia of hissing, quick orange beasts.

Ranger X

I didn't do much spelunking into 1.1 but I was a spelunking freak before. That's actually my favorite aspect in the game.

I really think that right now they need to tone down the number of mineshaft that are generated. Mineshaft are very linear and without surprises after a while. They are quite boring to explore and now they are litterally EVERYWHERE.

Ever found a cave now that lasts more than 10 mins without falling into some Mineshaft? Ever explored a canyon or series of canyons without falling into a Mineshaft?

I also went through the ground as a ghost with some soft modders are doing in order to get an idea how often you can fall into a Mineshaft, you know, just to verify that it wasn't me being very lucky and always falling into them. Well, I saw that they simply are everywhere almost like 1 per chunk of map. It's way way too much and actually makes spelunking less interesting than before.

In previous version I could explore mega-caves taking me like 15 hours to explore (like a whole week-end of free time for me) and those 15 hours were never seeing a single cave section that was the same. THAT was awesome spelunking.

Ever found a cave now that lasts more than 10 mins without falling into some Mineshaft? Ever explored a canyon or series of canyons without falling into a Mineshaft?

Yes and yes. I have yet to see a mineshaft in person.

Granted, I don't play like I used to. I pick up the game every now and then but then taper off immediately because I don't have the material I need to build stuff, and I refuse to bitch out and go into creative mode.

Blizzard

Banned
Yes and yes. I have yet to see a mineshaft in person.

Granted, I don't play like I used to. I pick up the game every now and then but then taper off immediately because I don't have the material I need to build stuff, and I refuse to bitch out and go into creative mode.
Are you talking about with 1.1? I don't remember exactly when mineshafts were added.

Kuran

Banned
I'm really exited we can expect weekly Thursday updates for Minecraft. Think I'll start playing again with today's build.

Top Bottom