• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

parasight

t8zQN.png

Steve Co. Store!

:lol

I went wandering far away in a new worlds and made a little shelter with a bed and slept though the night. Then I killed myself to see if the new spawn worked and I ended up back in my original spawn. There was a creeper explosion so I'm not sure if the bed survived but I have no clue where it is. =P

If you want to update but still be able to play on the servers while the are still on the previous version you will need to make a copy of "bin" folder that is in the ".minecraft" folder before you update.

Once you update and want to downgrade you can replace all the files in the "bin" folder with the files from the copied "bin" folder except the "version" file and you should be good to go.

Then once you want to update again you just delete the "version" file in the "bin" folder and it should update.

If you have already upgraded you will have to find a way to get the previous version "bin" files to downgrade with.

JPBrowncoat said:
I went wandering far away in a new worlds and made a little shelter with a bed and slept though the night. Then I killed myself to see if the new spawn worked and I ended up back in my original spawn. There was a creeper explosion so I'm not sure if the bed survived but I have no clue where it is. =P

Yeah just tested it out myself and it didn't work for me either. Slept in my bed in my main base then killed myself, and spawned at my original spawn point.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Had my first real, long, session with this game today. It's quite fun. Generated a random map and found a hill and started digging. Half-way through making what I thought to be a living room I got bored and dug a 1x1 hole straight down. I only stopped when I heard the sound of water.

After caving out an area and finally locating the water I uncovered a cavern. I dug out a pretty nice place to live. Only when my wood supply was starting to run low and realized I had a mile and a half to the surface. So, the march upward started. When the last pick was spent I had atleast reached a patch of dirt. Was able to punch my way the last couple of yards until I saw sunlight again.

Hunted some animals, chopped some wood, and returned back down and cleaned up the path back down. And when I get home again from work I plan on building doors on the two enterances (who by pure chance are located a stone's throw away from eachother) and an 8x8 hole down to my new living room. Will post a few pictures when I'm done decorating.

bengraven

Shit, to update or not to update and play multi? I'm getting really sick of this conundrum.

And love the April Fool's joke. lol

(I would pay $10 for a namechange)

bengraven

Updated to try it out and other than the ladder/shift trick, I see nothing else on my game. no wolves, no stats.

Edit: ah, stats aren't officially in until next. Still haven't found a wolf.

Grinchy

Banned
Rapstah said:
Brown sheep now exist! I just found one. Haven't seen a single wolf yet though.
Nice, hopefully we can also make the color brown and dye sheep with it to collect more squares. I've thrown away some building ideas because of the lack of brown (wood just wasn't going to cut it)

Grinchy said:
Nice, hopefully we can also make the color brown and dye sheep with it to collect more squares. I've thrown away some building ideas because of the lack of brown (wood just wasn't going to cut it)

I found some cocoa dye in a dungeon, so it's possible to get brown dye now. Not sure if it's just from dungeons though.

LzQKH.png

Finally found my first wolf too:

Hj90V.png

Found another right after that one, though finding them in the forest at night didn't work out to well. One got blown up by a creeper D:

Vlad

bengraven said:
Yep, no wolves, spawn still same.

Poked around for a little bit, and it seems that Wolves spawn more often (if not exclusively) in snowy areas. Wandered around my main world for a bit, where there's no snow (this is a map from pre-biome times), and then generated a new world, both wolf-free. However, I found a pack of six or so wolves in the first snow biome I came across.

bengraven

Vlad said:
Poked around for a little bit, and it seems that Wolves spawn more often (if not exclusively) in snowy areas. Wandered around my main world for a bit, where there's no snow (this is a map from pre-biome times), and then generated a new world, both wolf-free. However, I found a pack of six or so wolves in the first snow biome I came across.

Looks like a trip to the Nether is in my future. My snow biome is a long way away. I wonder if the wolves would follow me back home through Hell...

bengraven

HAHAHAHA

Did anyone actually try and buy the stuff at the microtransaction store? Go try it. I can't stop laughing and my heart is pounding.

K.Sabot

bengraven said:
HAHAHAHA

Did anyone actually try and buy the stuff at the microtransaction store? Go try it. I can't stop laughing and my heart is pounding.
Don't hit that $1499 button too much if you hate having seizures.

OH GOD DON'T HIT THE BUY BUTTON WHILE HAVING SEIZURES IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR BROWSER CRASHING.

Atomski

lemon__fresh said:
Exano needs to update

:(
Last time they waited for all the anti grief software to update. Took forever.

Im sure they will release 1.4.1 later today or tomorrow to cause of the beds not working. Which will delay things even further.

Jasoco

Banned
Is there much changed that my custom Painterly Pack won't work right? I assume the Cocoa icon of course, but other than that? Mob textures won't matter since they'll just use their default ones.

Going wolf hunting now.

Jasoco said:
Is there much changed that my custom Painterly Pack won't work right? I assume the Cocoa icon of course, but other than that? Mob textures won't matter since they'll just use their default ones.

Going wolf hunting now.

I think there are no new textures in terrain.png except for cocoa beans.

Edit: What am I talking about, lol. Cocoa beans & cookies in items.png. And the wolf texture but you're right, it'll just use the default if the pack doesn't have one.

Rapstah

Jasoco said:

Going wolf hunting now.
Uh, wolf textures.

Jasoco

Banned
Rapstah said:
Uh, wolf textures.
No. The way texture packs work is each mob has its own image. If the pack doesn't include a custom texture for one or two, it will just use the default.

The only things you have to be concerned with in updates are blocks, inventory items and GUI changes. I assume there's no new blocks this time? And only cocoa beans? Then it won't be a big deal to use my Painterly until they add cocoa to it. Since I probably won't find any, and brown sheep (They do exist, right?) are just colorized grey/white textured ones.

Jasoco said:
No. The way texture packs work is each mob has its own image. If the pack doesn't include a custom texture for one or two, it will just use the default.

The only things you have to be concerned with in updates are blocks, inventory items and GUI changes. I assume there's no new blocks this time? And only cocoa beans? Then it won't be a big deal to use my Painterly until they add cocoa to it. Since I probably won't find any, and brown sheep (They do exist, right?) are just colorized grey/white textured ones.

I forgot to mention cookies as well.

Ranger X

So how does this work for taming a wolf? You need to craft a collar and put it on the wolf or something?

Is cocoa growing in the naturally somewhere like sugar cane does?

Sofo

Aww, I was gonna jump and work on my building. Oh well, I guess it'll be a while until Exano's gets updated. I'll miss you all until then! \;_;/

Ranger X said:
So how does this work for taming a wolf? You need to craft a collar and put it on the wolf or something?

Is cocoa growing in the naturally somewhere like sugar cane does?

Have a bone equiped in your hand and right-click on the wolf to feed it to him. A few should be enough. Once he's tamed, right-click on him to get him to sit/stay. Feed him raw pork chops to replenish his health. Apparently bread harms them, so don't feed them that.

Atomski

Someone on the minecraft forums found this in the code

Code:
demo.day.1=This demo will last five game days, do your best!
demo.day.2=Day Two
demo.day.3=Day Three
demo.day.4=Day Four
demo.day.5=This is your last day!
demo.day.warning=Your time is almost up!
demo.day.6=You have passed your fifth day, use F2 to save a screenshot of your creation
demo.reminder=The demo time has expired, buy the game to continue or start a new world!
demo.help.movement=Use %1$s, %2$s, %3$s, %4$s and the mouse to move around
demo.help.jump=Jump by pressing %1$s
demo.help.inventory=Use %1$s to open your inventory

Looks like a 5 day demo is on the way

Code:
tile.lockedchest.name=Locked chest
tile.lockedchest.desc=
Locking chests

Code:
options.guiScale=GUI Scale
options.guiScale.auto=Auto
options.guiScale.small=Small
options.guiScale.normal=Normal
options.guiScale.large=Large
UI scale

Ive actually been hoping they would let me shrink the UI. Demo will be awesome for those still not sold on the game as well.

Atomski said:
Last time they waited for all the anti grief software to update. Took forever.

Im sure they will release 1.4.1 later today or tomorrow to cause of the beds not working. Which will delay things even further.

sad face... I wish they would just back up the map and not bother with the anti-griefing for the time being. It's just a game.

Ranger X

Looks like Notch will have to fix the beds! lol
This was the most interesting aspect of this update for me beside the wolves... :((

mollipen

bengraven said:
Like someone below said: as a castle building single player game, it would be complete.

Game still feels horrifically beta to me, to a point where I've lost most of my desire to play the game. I was so excited when I first got into the game, was having a lot of fun, and some of the things I heard that were being talked about as coming in the future sounded awesome. Since that point, though, for me personally, almost every addition has felt like a way to hide the fact that actual, deep gaming improvements are few and far between.

I guess, it's like, at the point that I came in, there seemed to be a LOT of stuff that promised huge depth to what you'd be able to build and create. Wow, this redstone stuff is interesting, and will be awesome once it's properly developed. Hacking these minecarts to work in ways they can't yet is fun for now, but I can't wait until there's a real system for doing this stuff. Going down into randomly-created dungeons is a lot of fun, but I've already come to realize that I'm just doing so to get the same few rare blocks that are of little value to me. I can't wait until real reasons to do so come about.

And now I keep hearing all this talk about "the single player is pretty much complete" and whatnot and I'm now totally soured on the game. Almost to a point, in fact, where I feel dumb for having paid for it. That's probably totally my fault, and I'll admit that, but the feeling I had that the game was progressing in interesting ways back at that point is now all but gone for me.

And the fact that I lost my snowfall for these half-assed biomes still pisses me off to this day.

Toki1776

Found out how to get the bed to change my spawn point. If you get in the bed, then click "Leave Bed", it will change your spawn point.

Top Bottom