• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

jono51

Banned
Seeing that new gravel texture.....
michael-scott-no.gif

http://i.imgur.com/c1pPo.png

defel

Hopefully they improve the netherrack texture next. That and gravel are the only two real ugly textures in the current release.

EVIL

Apparently there will be a small drawback to the ender chests in SMP.
It will be a shared chest, so everybody who can create a ender chest will have access to its contents.

and gdamn, gravel looks even more horrible now
XuOQD.png

Stat!

Im trying to connect two lakes (one is a lake, the other is a massive ocean) to each other for my secret "lair". I'm not entirely sure since the water isn't flowing and filling up the crevice I dug for the water to flow for my secret "lair".

Any help?

defel

Im trying to connect two lakes (one is a lake, the other is a massive ocean) to each other for my secret "lair". I'm not entirely sure since the water isn't flowing and filling up the crevice I dug for the water to flow for my secret "lair".

Any help?

Make a floor 1 block below the water surface in the area that you want the water and then flood the area. Once the surface is nice and clean just dig away beneath it.

Ranger X

I don't like the new look of gravel either. Now it distinguish itself LESS than before.
And it also look like some kind of steal or something. Really bad.

Lots of images incoming...

I've been working on a Skyrim-like village for a while now and would like to share it. I plan on trying some of that ray tracing stuff with it when I get time but right now DIII is taking up all my free time.

I've named both the castle and village Wexholm. In most of the screens I'm using John Smith's tex pack.

Anyways, heres a little look.

Outside shots.

qu5z7.png

tQ2to.png

75BcQ.png

MFurQ.png

UAO2b.png

some more...
http://i.imgur.com/DcWSP.png
http://i.imgur.com/mq7wH.png

Some inside stuff.

NM39H.png

mUkNS.png

1Kn6a.png

CguRW.png

GD5x0.png

rRwaI.png

(this is oso's rustic tex pack)

Rokam

So the chests in the pyramids have quite a bit of gold, iron and diamonds, not to mention access to TNT. Can't wait for UHC when this is live.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Unbreaking is nice and all what with getting the equivalent of 4 picks worth of durability, but Efficiency is just so nice! All I need is a shovel that combines both so that it'll last longer than it takes to actually grind the XP to get the enchantment. :/

Had a good night working on my new house, chatting to Minsc, ZZmitch and a few others. It's been a good laugh. I'm going to have to come on more often now I've not got any work to do.

Need to expand the farm, build a mine, gather resources and build the guest house at some point very soon.

Edit: I've got 3 stacks of mossy cobble and I'm wondering what I could do with it. Any ideas?

Ranger X

Is this new snapshot changing the terrain generation or I am good?

I'd want to start a world on the official version and but prevent myself from exploring. I don't want cuts in the ground :(

Had a good night working on my new house, chatting to Minsc, ZZmitch and a few others. It's been a good laugh. I'm going to have to come on more often now I've not got any work to do.

Need to expand the farm, build a mine, gather resources and build the guest house at some point very soon.

Edit: I've got 3 stacks of mossy cobble and I'm wondering what I could do with it. Any ideas?

Make an underground jail/dungeon

ZZMitch

Safety chest. Always carry one.

I use them. I actually died coming up to the surface. I mined up from a cave and broke into the bottom of an ocean. Before I could reach the surface of the water I started drowning. Unfortunately drowning pushes you deeper into the water as fast as you can swim up so I could not escape and died. Alas.

I use them. I actually died coming up to the surface. I mined up from a cave and broke into the bottom of an ocean. Before I could reach the surface of the water I started drowning. Unfortunately drowning pushes you deeper into the water as fast as you can swim up so I could not escape and died. Alas.

Oh no :( That is a tricky one.

EVIL

Something strange is going on, every 10 to 20 minutes whool from my base simply .. dissapears.

it isnt creepers, since materials even dirt around it is unharmed.

EVIL

Any open flames nearby?

no open flames, nothing flamable, It looks like creeper damage, but everytime I am not in the area, I come back and a bit of whool is gone and all te materials that should be gone to is still there, redstone untouched, etc.

no open flames, nothing flamable, It looks like creeper damage, but everytime I am not in the area, I come back and a bit of wool is gone and all the materials that should be gone to is still there, redstone untouched, etc.

Endermen?

Edit: Fair enough. I dunno in that case then.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mcgamer spent the whole game underground and never even saw another player before the last fight, ofcourse he won

Wired

So after a break that lasted about a year I started playing it again "just to see what's new"... that was five days ago, I'm stuck again. Help...

MackVee

Neo Member
I think it's about time I share to you all my castle that I've been working on since last October, It's about 90% complete with the interior left to finish.

Daytime.

G0QS7.png

Nighttime.

jwMom.png

The end is nigh......finally.

-Minsc-

So after a break that lasted about a year I started playing it again "just to see what's new"... that was five days ago, I'm stuck again. Help...

So I know who you are, what's your minecraft name?

I think it's about time I share to you all my castle that I've been working on since last October, It's about 90% complete with the interior left to finish.

Daytime.

G0QS7.png

Nighttime.

jwMom.png

The end is nigh......finally.

Looking good Mack, very good.

Vlad

mcgamer spent the whole game underground and never even saw another player before the last fight, ofcourse he won

(We're talking about the end of the recent UHC season, just to give the spoiler some context)
Yeah, the format really does encourage turtling. Sure, once you've got full iron armor, a diamond sword, etc, there's really no reason to hang out underground any longer except to just hide from other players.

I'd like to see them add some sort of mod that encourages PvP. Maybe something that drops a high-value item (potion, diamond, golden apple, etc) when a player dies. This way there's at least a benefit to winning a fight. Currently, if people stick with the spirit of the game and actually fight other players, even the winner ends up hurting pretty badly. Someone who just hides for the whole game while everybody else weakens each other seems to end up at somewhat of an advantage.

I'd also like to see them implement a mod that does something about the inevitable wandering around searching for other players that seems to happen once the initial crowd gets thinned down. Sure, right now they all agree to converge on a certain area, but there's got to be some way to make it a little more automatic. Perhaps making it so that the compass automatically points to the nearest player?

Still, it sounds like next time around is going to be teams again, so that should be interesting.

-Minsc-

Oh, I've never played it in MP actually :p

I see, I see. Once I started playing multiplayer I've never gone back to single player in any seriousness.

On another note, If I was a rage type person I say my computer would have ended out on the front lawn ten minutes ago. Thankfully I kept myself in check. Why I keep forgetting to stash my unneeded items and tools is beyond me (those were some seriously good tools lost to the lava). Fall damage down to a half heart leaves no time to escape from lava.

Hello again NeoCraft! Been inspired to get back into playing again so I've put some time into all the new stuff that's been added. Really love where it is right now. Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever used "Minecraft Structural Planner?" I find myself miscalculating a lot and found this program and it will definitely help to at least get basic block counts down etc. Wondering if it can be used for more than that though.

Or is there good software out there that might be better?

Hello again NeoCraft! Been inspired to get back into playing again so I've put some time into all the new stuff that's been added. Really love where it is right now. Just wanted to ask if anyone has ever used "Minecraft Structural Planner?" I find myself miscalculating a lot and found this program and it will definitely help to at least get basic block counts down etc. Wondering if it can be used for more than that though.

Or is there good software out there that might be better?

Minecraft Structure Planner was used by me and CharmingCharlie when working on Dome City, and it helps TONS. Not too sure if there is anything better out there never had a problem with it myself.

-Minsc-

For a change of pace I'm interested in having people come along with me on resourse gathering expeditions through caves, abandonded mines and such. It was cool having Evil covering my six yesterday. With who ever comes along I'll split the spoils. If someone decides to record the journey, all the better.

For a change of pace I'm interested in having people come along with me on resourse gathering expeditions through caves, abandonded mines and such. It was cool having Evil covering my six yesterday. With who ever comes along I'll split the spoils. If someone decides to record the journey, all the better.

If you're on right now I'm game. No way to record though. :-/

I can do one of these later.

ZZMitch

There is a pretty rad ravine/abandoned mine right next to your farm, we can check it out sometime if you want I have only just started looking into it.

Top Bottom