• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Vlad

How absolutely terrifying that he imprisoned those villagers to be able to trade with them. Some kind of system where they need food, sleep, love and freedom to trade needs to be implemented before people create basically prisons or internment camps for villagers. :(

Hah, maybe make it so that they won't trade with you if they're too far from their village?

Lots of great stuff in that video. I love the change to enchanting. Always thought 50 was a bit too high of a max level, considering how much XP it took to reach it.

Also, looks like mining diamond and emerald blocks drops a tiny amount of XP now, from DocM's other 1.3 video.

Anyone have any recommendations for good texture packs similar to the Fez one, which is awesome? I'm looking for more themed packs that give the game a different style rather than photorealistic packs or the ones that offer an alternate or simplified version of the game's default look. I want the ones that give the game a cool new style.

Rokam

Damn! Was wishing it would start this weekend to make the wait for E3 that much easier. :-( Any details on the setup? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for teams.

It's a different format so I assume teams, I'm hoping for teams of 2. Guude said something that happened during this season has inspired him to do another minecraft show, but couldn't talk about it yet obviously.

I'm really interested but I'm not pushing at the moment because I have a shit ton of stuff to do this week. I have to recommend it is done on some time that works for both US and EU users though.

And for the first one we might need to make the arena fairly small so it doesn't go on for 4+ hours. I honestly feel the 2,000 x 2,000 they use on UHC is too big I think it would work better as 1,000 x 1,000

Xun

I noticed the Nautilus Aquatic Railway was damaged a bit (probably from someone a while back) so I've just fixed it.

Morokh

I have to recommend it is done on some time that works for both US and EU users though.

This ! and i'm 300% in :p

Do we have a recent update of the neocraft map available or does mengy still have trouble ?

EDIT : Wut ? new UHC season ? looks like i've missed the end of the last one :eek:

Stat!

Thanks to Deraldin, Minsc, and Mirk for helping me moving to the mountain side.

I finally have so much more space to do activities and build stuff with no one around.

Speaking of that, are we still thinking of doing a NeoCraft UHC?

I am but I'm awful at MC (as in, I don't know tons of recipes). I'd be the guy trying to build an awesome death trap to trap you all in while you're all killing each other, I'll be asking how to make this redstone trap works.

Wired

are there any free programs that let you record stuff from games? There's something I'd like to show of you see.

EDIT: Never mind a picture will do nicely

Lighthouse.png

It's just a lighthouse actually, but the light on top actually "rotates" so I'm happy with that. But I probably did it in the most overcomplicated way possible, just started using red stone lol.

EDIT 2:
LighthouseDaytime.jpg

A daytime shot as well

-Minsc-

are there any free programs that let you record stuff from games? There's something I'd like to show of you see.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/Wired79/Lighthouse.png[IMG]
It's just a lighthouse actually, but the light on top actually "rotates" so I'm happy with that. But I probably did it in the most overcomplicated way possible, just started using red stone lol.[/QUOTE]

That's something on my to do list, rebuild my lighthouse with a rotating light. It'll have to be quite a bit bigger in size than my current one.

defel

Finally had time to get back on the server. Just need to find a nice entrance for my base and after that Im going to build a huge mob farm, hopefully bedrock to skybox in size. Id love to get TNT permissions though to make it easier

Xun

Lighthouse.png

It's just a lighthouse actually, but the light on top actually "rotates" so I'm happy with that. But I probably did it in the most overcomplicated way possible, just started using red stone lol.
What texture pack is that? Looks different to the default a bit.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
R3D.Craft It's pretty much a higher res variation of the default textures with nice added detailing. I really like it so far.

Very nice lighthouse. And very nice texture pack too, I always use default but your pack is the first one I've seen that really has me considering trying it out.

As for the Neocraft map, I can't use Tectonicus anymore, the server is too large and I consistently crash the map program every time. So since I doubt we want to shrink the server in any way, I'm playing with Overviewer. I have it working, but haven't managed to get the map size down below 2GB. I have a few more tricks to try out though, just haven't gotten to it yet. This weekend hopefully.

-Minsc-

Personally I only have myself switched to creative when I want to fly around and take pictures. I never build with it even though many a time creative sure would have come in handy.

macewank

Personally I only have myself switched to creative when I want to fly around and take pictures. I never build with it even though many a time creative sure would have come in handy.

yeah I'm kind of the same way, though I can think of a few redstone projects I wouldn't mind having to not farm for

I am very insulted.

Edit:

Poutine is actually fries topped with cheese curds (cheaper poutine likely uses mozzarella) and gravy. Something similar where I live is "fries with the works". Basically fries topped with hamburger, peas, onions, cheese, and gravy. There however many variations.

I've always wanted to try Poutine but no place around here makes it. :-/

yeah I'm kind of the same way, though I can think of a few redstone projects I wouldn't mind having to not farm for

We have quite a few chests of it in the pedestal of the main dome if you need redstone.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, poutine is overrated. I have extensive experience with both poutine and normal fries/ketchup and the latter cannot be topped.

This is crazy talk. Fries + ketchup barely beats out plain fries let alone poutine.

Thanks for the pick Minsc. I've worked my way up to another 21 diamonds now. I also dug up 3 stacks of coal, but by the time I had to leave I'd used 2 of them on torches. :/

Also almost lost all that stuff when I fell into a hidden pool of lava. 1 missing block in the hallway right over the lava. I managed to teleport home and put myself out before dying a horrible horrible death.

My home base is coming alone quite well. I only have one building footprint left to plan out before I can get started on finding all the raw materials I'll need for construction. I anticipate a lot of slogging through swamps for clay in the near future for me.

Grinchy

Banned
R3D.Craft It's pretty much a higher res variation of the default textures with nice added detailing. I really like it so far.

Not bad! The 256x pack runs pretty well for me with optifine. The 512 gave me the memory error for some reason (too lazy to look into it atm). I've always wanted a good "HD" version of the default pack. I'll probably use this for a while.

Wired

Not bad! The 256x pack runs pretty well for me with optifine. The 512 gave me the memory error for some reason (too lazy to look into it atm). I've always wanted a good "HD" version of the default pack. I'll probably use this for a while.

nice, I can't get anything other than the 64x to work for some reason, not even the 32 lol

BosSin

fuck sake! I just crafted 22 eyes of the ender and found a stronghold only to be trapped between 2 enemy spawners and killed, loosing all my sweet shit

spuit*11

Banned
fuck sake! I just crafted 22 eyes of the ender and found a stronghold only to be trapped between 2 enemy spawners and killed, loosing all my sweet shit
So go back there and retrieve it. If no other players have that chunk loaded up the loot will stay forever. If somebody's close-by it'll stay for 5 minutes.

BosSin

So go back there and retrieve it. If no other players have that chunk loaded up the loot will stay forever. If somebody's close-by it'll stay for 5 minutes.
Hmm, interesting... What if you exit the game?
Heh, even if it's still there it'll be a bitch finding exactly where I died and even surviving the trip back

Stat!

Not sure if anyone is up for this but I was planning on building a giant coliseum?

Inside, we would have players either on their own and teaming up to take down each other. You'd be given a bow, arrows with other items scattered through out like armor or food or enchanted weapons to help you with traps a long the way.

If I built something like this, would anyone be interested in helping me test it out and fighting to the proverbial death?

Top Bottom