• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Since everyone else is putting their avatar statues up I figured I'd throw a few pictures of mine up. :)

Deyty.jpg

btN3d.jpg

lTgz6.jpg

Why is Link's sword on the wrong way?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Kind of want to attempt building this:
20120326221012!Air_Temple_Island_overview.png

Huge undertaking, going to have to go find a nice large spot in the ocean.

image.php

And I just now realized that the statue of Avatar Aang is a parallel to the Statue of Liberty. Goddamn, I love Avatar. You should also build that.

Also,
I just had the season finale of Korra spoiled while reading up on that statue. Fuc* these people that are getting information before it airs and putting it where everyone can see.

new link is righthanded

RIP, good Link.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Woah, those Minecraft skin statues are freakin awesome! I'll try to hop on tonight and make one of my skin. Very cool idea.

I'm also processing a new server map right now at home while I am at work. Made a few tweaks to Overviewer that I'm hoping bring the file size down enough to be uploadable. I'll see if it worked soon.

I started playing Minecraft again about a week ago after my D3 binge kind of wore thin. Created a new world with the latest snapshot build. For the life of me though I can't find an NPC Village in my world; I literally explored every square inch of my first map... there are tons of jungles but I also have two relatively large deserts and a plains biomes not far from my base, but nothing. Yesterday I trekked quite a distance beyond my first map through another desert biome, a couple of forest biomes and another plains biome but again, no luck. On the same token I haven't seen even a single emerald, I've explored 3 desert temples and 2 jungle temples (do I have to completely break them down with my pickaxe to find them in there?)

Kind of bummed, I should of searched for a good seed with a village nearby before building up. I had just set up all my breeding grounds and farm and my strip mines are a thing of legend.

After building the Link statue I felt like building the Master Sword:

DLxYM.jpg

x5c6T.png

f0UVW.jpg

The reason for the railings on top and the windows at certain spots is you can actually go inside it and up to the top. A railway leading under it is close to the other terminals at spawn.

That is a mighty fine erection of Links huge sword thrusting up into the sky. No wonder Princess Zelda is always wanting rescuing ..... and that is enough lewd innuendo from me I think.

When I pulled this thread up on my phone I couldn't see who wrote it since it was off-screen, but after reading the post I knew exactly who it was. :) I think "mighty fine erection" gave you away Charlie.

Ranger X

I can't wait for another official update. They gathered quite alot of stuff in the last months.
Did anybody catch a hint of a possible stable update soon? Maybe on twitter?

I have a plan for the Nether..... Some offline testing may be in order.

That is all.

It doesn't involve building an obsidian and nether brick castle opposite my fortress' portal, does it?

I was hoping to do that. :p

Oh, and in other news: EPISODE 10!

I'm up to about 13 recorded episodes but haven't processed everything up until then yet.

Does anyone know a good download to use a 360 controller for the PC version? I have tried a few and none have worked all that well. I'm going from the 360 version to PC so I would like to use the controller if I can.

Ranger X

Does anyone know a good download to use a 360 controller for the PC version? I have tried a few and none have worked all that well. I'm going from the 360 version to PC so I would like to use the controller if I can.

You should embrace both the suparior PC version and its controls ;)

I want to play the PC version but I hate keyboard and mouse. I'm not in a comfortable position to use them and I have a laptop, so YES I am serious. If you don't know that fine, but I'm being serious.

Zaphod

I want to play the PC version but I hate keyboard and mouse. I'm not in a comfortable position to use them and I have a laptop, so YES I am serious. If you don't know that fine, but I'm being serious.

I set up xpadder for a friend of mine and it worked pretty well. It's very customizable program for a Xbox 360 pad.

I finally bought Minecraft yesterday, so I'm a total noob right now, so please excuse my question if it is common knowledge:

Where is the best place to download texture packs, and is there a general consensus as to which texture pack is most impressive?

I finally bought Minecraft yesterday, so I'm a total noob right now, so please excuse my question if it is common knowledge:

Where is the best place to download texture packs, and is there a general consensus as to which texture pack is most impressive?

I just search on google for the ones I've heard about. I used Sphax in the past but just switched to Misa's Realistic texture pack and loving it.

ZZMitch

Check Neolulu, I believe there's a place for slimes there. You should find a stairs leading down under the mountain to the left of Evil's Tiki Hut.

Thanks, on the way now!

edit: is it in the community mine?

edit2: I somehow got stuck in someone's stone statue. Huh. I'm so confused! :p This is ironic because my character skin is Indiana Jones...

Morokh

Thanks, on the way now!
edit: is it in the community mine?

if you're at the statue, look to the beach on the other side where there is my big pagoda in the trees you should see a cave entrance with cobblestone pillars.

There are signs leading you to a slime chunk I cleared (look on your right after the little tunnel there are ladders going down)

You might want to afk a little while somewhere in the cave for them to spawn, but there was some that appeared regularly when I worked on the farms on the first floor.

Muskweeto

I'd like to join the Neocraft server and will donate once I try it out and decide I like it.

Anything I should know before joining the world? Any unwritten rules?

Do I just type the address in multiplayer or do I need to do something else to be white-listed?

I just want to join a good community and help expand on the world, I'm no griefer.

This is my first attempt at playing the game online.

We are pretty laid back on Neocraft, the only thing we ask is you don't dick around with other peoples builds or stuff. If you use any of the wheat/melon harvesters then restock them after use, you know that kind of thing.

To join the server all you need to do is type the server address (you can find it if you quote the third post on the first page). However you will join as a "guest" which means you can look around but not do anything. In order to get building rights you need to send a PM to Ark telling him your minecraft username.

That is about it really, Neocraft was my first ever minecraft server and I never left :-D .

Oh in case anyone thinks I have abandoned the server I am having to hold off on MP till the end of June. I am running way too low on bandwidth (have about 8gbs left to last me till the end of June). Yeah yeah I know bandwidth caps be damned, thankfully "off peak" my usage isn't monitored, unfortunately "off peak" is from midnight till 8am when I am in bed (but weekends are off peak).

ZZMitch

if you're at the statue, look to the beach on the other side where there is my big pagoda in the trees you should see a cave entrance with cobblestone pillars.

There are signs leading you to a slime chunk I cleared (look on your right after the little tunnel there are ladders going down)

You might want to afk a little while somewhere in the cave for them to spawn, but there was some that appeared regularly when I worked on the farms on the first floor.

Found it! thanks.

So I was doing a little experimenting with a mob grinder in SP. I spawned a whole bunch of dudes and they were all casually walking around the sign-laden edges and not falling off. Did they fix that? If so, is there a new way get them to walk off edges by themselves?

Ha, all the people who kept chests upon chest of rotten flesh will be rewarded in 1.3. :) Too bad I didn't, oh well.

Come on spill the beans so I know to spawn a crap load of zombie meat for meself ;-) . On another note I just discovered that my new fibre connection (being installed tomorrow) has different "peak times" to my old connection. So off-peak starts at 8pm with fibre and this means I can get back on the server by tomorrow night.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I was doing a little experimenting with a mob grinder in SP. I spawned a whole bunch of dudes and they were all casually walking around the sign-laden edges and not falling off. Did they fix that? If so, is there a new way get them to walk off edges by themselves?

Yeah, the sign trick was fixed a few patches ago. I had to redesign the fall damage grinder in my fortress. The mobs will not walk off the edges if the drop will hurt them, but they will if it's a small drop. So I took down all of my signs and rebuilt the grinder to have water channels run along all of the spawning platforms. Now the water pushes them to their deaths. It slowed down my collection rate alot, but it still works. Except for Endermen, they teleport away once they fall in the water, so I rarely get any ender pearls now.

Top Bottom