• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Looking good.

Glad you avoided taking a photo of my currently shitty roller coaster.

What can I say ? I mean it is such a masterpiece of engineering I was worried that people would see it and think "whelp no point playing minecraft any more after seeing that engineering marvel" ;-) so it if is any comfort I did it for the health of the server.

Can't wait to have the time to get back on the server again. After the wedding on the 7th I should have tons of time. :)

Mwahh ha ha ha ha ha, ah the delusional mind of the groom, ya gonna be her manslave you know. It will be nothing but foot massages, taking the garbage out and driving around all hours searching for a place that sells Milk because YOU LEFT THE TOP OFF and YOU LEAVE THE TOILET SEAT UP.

Anyway good luck on the 7th I will listen to the "last post" in honour of another fallen bachelor ;-) .

Xun

What can I say ? I mean it is such a masterpiece of engineering I was worried that people would see it and think "whelp no point playing minecraft any more after seening that engineering marvel" ;-) so it if is any comfort I did it for the health of the server.
It'll look pretty when I get around to sorting it out...

Rokam

Oh god, I wish I had fraps. Was sitting afk at my cave spider xp farm, and had let them build up for about 25 minutes. Came back, flipped the switch to crush them and instead of crushing them there was an explosion of spiders...not sure what the hell happened but there were spiders everywhere in the room. I just started busting up laughing, not even mad that I just lost 30 levels. Funniest shit ever.

-Minsc-

Hay, Artistdude.

Since creeper damage is fixed I went and patched together your harvester. It's functional, though still needs some cosmetic work.

---------

For those who complain about crippling lag in the Nether, there are some mods and tools which should help.

First off, download Magic Launcher. It makes installing mods a stupidly easy. Check out this video to see how to use Magic Launcher.

Next, download Optifine. Seriously, get it. Aside from fixing lag problems in the nether, it has a whole slew of performance and graphics options which you'll wonder how you lived without for so long.

Thinking of buying the PC version after playing it on the 360.

Sales for this game are non existent right ?

Pretty much non-existent, I think the only time I saw it go on "sale" was during Valentines day and even then it was a case of pay full price get 2 copies. I personally wouldn't wait for it to go on sale, when you think about how many hours you will get out of it the price seems minuscule in comparison.

If you enjoyed the Xbox 360 version then you will go ape crazy over the PC version. The two versions are like night v day in comparison.

Thinking of buying the PC version after playing it on the 360.

Sales for this game are non existent right ?

Yup, just go ahead and buy it. Since it's only offered through Minecraft.net it's never been on sale that I can recall other than when it was still in beta and alpha and was cheaper.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Pretty much non-existent, I think the only time I saw it go on "sale" was during Valentines day and even then it was a case of pay full price get 2 copies. I personally wouldn't wait for it to go on sale, when you think about how many hours you will get out of it the price seems minuscule in comparison.

If you enjoyed the Xbox 360 version then you will go ape crazy over the PC version. The two versions are like night v day in comparison.

That's what i thought since i never heard of it being cheaper, other than at the start.

I'm sure the PC version is better, with a lot more options (mods etc) that's why i want to get it!

Yup, just go ahead and buy it. Since it's only offered through Minecraft.net it's never been on sale that I can recall other than when it was still in beta and alpha and was cheaper.

Yeah, time to head to minecraft.net.

was connected earlier, and now i can't anymore -> connection timeout :eek:

Just tried to get on myself with no luck. I don't believe it is a problem with just our server. I have had a look around the net and it seems to be affecting all minecraft servers so it is something to do with Mojang.

Rokam

So is there just a limit to the number of mobs that can be in a crusher? If I let them build up over 20 minutes they'll escape out when I hit the lever.

t5M5n.jpg

k8Lgx.jpg

Who built that sweet ass TARDIS!? ;-)

Also I see Commander Shep finally decided on a sex.

So is there just a limit to the number of mobs that can be in a crusher? If I let them build up over 20 minutes they'll escape out when I hit the lever.
Erm dunno about that, I know there is a bug in mp where Mobs can glitch through the walls. I see that all the time on my grinder. The only solution is to make all the walls two blocks thick.

Who built that sweet ass TARDIS!? ;-)

Also I see Commander Shep finally decided on a sex.

Oh don't even talk to me about that tardis, god the bloke that built that every five seconds "should the light be yellow or orange or green" I nearly kicked and banned him ;-). I have since learnt there are sad Dr Who fans and bad Dr Who fans. The sad ones build replicas of the Tardis, the bad ones build replicas of Karren Gillans boobies.

As for Commander Shepard yeah they got a wee bit too close to the Reaper death ray and went from pre-op to post op in seconds. So Tranny Shep is now officially Femshep. That and I get the feeling Mack felt that Tranny shep was "lowering the tone" of Mackville.

Sarcasm

SO what mods and texture packs are a must? I kind of started playing again. I am also trying three of the same games types (one is MC) on the xbox.

But real question is..what mods / texture packs are a must?

SO what mods and texture packs are a must? I kind of started playing again. I am also trying three of the same games types (one is MC) on the xbox.

I don't really bother too much with mods, but there are two that I use :-

Firstly there is Rei's Minimap which is absolutely fantastic and a must to help you navigate around the world.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-125-jun23-reis-minimap-v32-04/

Secondly there is Optifine which actually makes Minecraft seem like a well optimised game :-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125-optifine-hd-c3-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-much-more/

As for texture packs, I usually use Sphax BD :-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-256x-512x10-to-130-sphax-purebdcraft-200512/http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/376784-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x-512x10-to-130-sphax-purebdcraft-200512/

Although some are switching to the the "John Smith" texture pack :-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/26727-johnsmith-texture-pack-v94-32x-125-12w25a-new-update-0622/http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/26727-johnsmith-texture-pack-v94-32x-125-12w25a-new-update-0622/

Nothing is a "must" - Minecraft is fantastic in just it's vanilla form! That being said...

My favorite texture pack is Sphax PureBD Craft, I'm not using it right now just because I find it to be a hassle to keep up with texture packs when using tons of mods but really, PureBD Craft definitely has the best mod support of any texture pack I've seen.

For mods: IndustrialCraft, BuildCraft, RedPower, Equivalent Exchange, Forestry, Thaumcraft, Ender Storage, Wireless Redstone, NEI (Not Enough Items), Portal Gun, and InvTweaks. Along with those there are a couple of add-ons like Advanced Machines for IndustrialCraft and Logistics Pipes for Buildcraft that would be practically essential IMO if you used those mods. Optifine is a good mod if you notice you have framerate issues - it causes some weird graphical glitches sometimes but it really improves performance (plus you need it I believe for HD texture packs as installing MCPatcher is kind of buggy with a lot of other mods).

Edit: Actually, as far as mods go I would do either one of two things. Check out DireWolf20's mod list and install process or, if you really want to make it as stupidly simple as possible, install the Technic Pack. I think there's actually a Sphax PureBD Craft texture pack set built specifically for Technic Pack (though it just might be for Tekkit which is Technic's inferior multiplayer compatible version) - also I don't know if Technic has Portal Gun which is awesome and should be added.

Taffer

I realize this isn't the iOS thread.. but what is happening with mobile Minecraft? People paid quite a lot of money for that, and it is severely limited. Is anything happening development-wise? Is there a roadmap or blog somewhere? It seems like that project is all but abandoned, when it has so much potential.

Chuckpebble

OK, I have an early beta map that I'm playing now. Oddly, its the first world I ever made, and the only compelling map I can manage to stay interested in. I've tried to avoid the boundaries of the old terrain generator pretty neatly by using the nether and traveling to far off places in the overworld. But now I'm feeling confined with my home plot.

So I recently found a mod that adds world types for those older world generators. I'm using the generator for 1.7.3 beta, but for some reason, I'm not getting anything that looks like my old world. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Is the seed I pull from the world now not the right one? Do I need some other info to use instead? I forget, but wasn't the original terrain seed the time that you created the world or something?

-Minsc-

OK, I have an early beta map that I'm playing now. Oddly, its the first world I ever made, and the only compelling map I can manage to stay interested in. I've tried to avoid the boundaries of the old terrain generator pretty neatly by using the nether and traveling to far off places in the overworld. But now I'm feeling confined with my home plot.

So I recently found a mod that adds world types for those older world generators. I'm using the generator for 1.7.3 beta, but for some reason, I'm not getting anything that looks like my old world. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Is the seed I pull from the world now not the right one? Do I need some other info to use instead? I forget, but wasn't the original terrain seed the time that you created the world or something?
-After typing this up I realized you may all ready know all this, oh well.-

Maps generated in Beta minecraft will have many differences when compared to a map of the same seed generated now. They've messed around with the biome generation over the versions. My home area in my original offline world was a grassy mountain area, now it's a desert biome. Now all the vegetation has that dead/dry look. If I go to the same coordinates in a freshly generated map of the same seed it is nearly recognizable as it's an expansive desert. If you look closely there are certain similarities in the terrain shape.

My NeoCraft build is currently on a forest hills biome. If generated today it would be a jungle biome.

Jdez15

Banned
Now I have a question, I'm new to this minecraft forum, but do you guys spawn the blocks, or do it by hand? I assume spawning is going on during these amazing pictures?

-Minsc-

Now I have a question, I'm new to this minecraft forum, but do you guys spawn the blocks, or do it by hand? I assume spawning is going on during these amazing pictures?

It depends. Most is done the hard way on survival, though moderators can switch modes to creative.

On my builds, everything except those fancy stone blocks and the sticky pistons for my gold farm has been collected the hard way. All my building is done in survival.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. It is way more rewarding to build legit. And it doesn't take as long as you think to collect.

That depends on what you are building with. Harvesting a biome's worth of clay blocks is pretty time consuming. Unless you plan on building in the swamp you have to take into account travel times, slowed movement rates thanks to the water, regular trips back to base to dump loads of clay balls, etc.

I need to locate another swamp. I think I cleared out the one nearby. :/

Believe it or not but Dome City was done "by hand" by me and Crazylegzlu. All the glass in the domes was mined in the usual way and baked in the usual way (nearly 2 deserts were completely destroyed). The base for the domes were originally made up of cobblestone (all 1 million blocks of em) and laid by hand in survival mode (I lost count of how many times I fell to my death). The cobblestone was procured from the huge hole we dug for Xun's Disney castle.

The only "cheating" that I used on Dome City was converting all the cobblestone blocks into Iron when I became a Moderator. I was reluctant to do that but it looked so fantastic using Iron and it was meant to be a futuristic city. If it had been technically feasible I wouldn't have even cheated that way and would have done it the "proper" way but do the maths. The city uses well over 1 million blocks for the bases. That means I would need to mine 9 million blocks of Iron ore.

kennah

That depends on what you are building with. Harvesting a biome's worth of clay blocks is pretty time consuming. Unless you plan on building in the swamp you have to take into account travel times, slowed movement rates thanks to the water, regular trips back to base to dump loads of clay balls, etc.

I need to locate another swamp. I think I cleared out the one nearby. :/

Before there even were biomes, I had a huge brick house on one of the early NeoGAF servers. Every brick legit. Took hours and hours of searching. The best part of the game is that the fun part is different for everyone. I love the exploring and collection of materials, not so much the building. I'm a good helper to have around on survival servers, always a huge stockpile of whatever, and no intention of building much more than a modest house.

Edit: Domecity is a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL OF CRAZY. I love it.

Sarcasm

Can some one host the file for Sphax BD text pack? It keeps looping for download and I tried every browser and I still can't download it.

Thanks

Edit: Domecity is a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL OF CRAZY. I love it.

Glad you liked it. I have to admit I am starting to miss working on Dome City, think I might do a new Dome City after I finish this Future city thing.

Can some one host the file for Sphax BD text pack? It keeps looping for download and I tried every browser and I still can't download it.

Thanks

Here ya go :-

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18837300/Sphax%20PureBDCraft%20128x.zip

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Game won't even boot using magiclauncher. And I only added treecapicator and modloader.

I have no experience specifically with Magic Launcher, but I've found over the months I've played with mods that it's easier in the long run to install mods manually, at least for me. It helps you understand the complications that occur when you start stacking layers of mods on top of each other.

If you wish to try installing the mods manually, Modloader is installed directly into the minecraft jar file (%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar) using a program such as WinRAR or 7-zip. Then, the META-INF folder needs to be deleted from the minecraft.jar file using the same program. Finally, the downloaded treecapitater.zip will need to be dragged into the %appdata%\.minecraft\mods folder, which appears after running Minecraft for the first time with Modloader installed.

The majority of the mods on the scene require Modloader as a prerequisite, so you'll find it a nessesary first step for checking out mods.

I don't use Magic Launcher but MultiMC works wonders for me... I have about half a dozen Minecraft installations running - vanilla, most recent snapshot, my bukkit server, my tekkit server, my installation with about 36 mods installed, my installations following various Let's Plays and Challenge Maps, etc. It's really easy to set up and you don't have to deal with Magic Launcher's insistence on using the original unintuitive launcher GUI style. As far as I'm aware (or concerned) it has all of the same functionality if not more, save for the useless Reddit feed built into Magic Launcher.

It's as easy as creating a new instance (just by copying the original) and drag and dropping the mod zip files you download into the interface. The only thing you need to understand is whether or not the mod goes into the JAR tab (mods that install into the JAR) or the MODS tab - and if it needs to be in the JAR tab you have to arrange them in a specific order.

iyRk0ear9IfpQ.JPG
ibptpzhvjn6SrI.JPG

-Minsc-

I don't use Magic Launcher but MultiMC works wonders for me... I have about half a dozen Minecraft installations running - vanilla, most recent snapshot, my bukkit server, my tekkit server, my installation with about 36 mods installed, my installations following various Let's Plays and Challenge Maps, etc. It's really easy to set up and you don't have to deal with Magic Launcher's insistence on using the original unintuitive launcher GUI style. As far as I'm aware (or concerned) it has all of the same functionality if not more, save for the useless Reddit feed built into Magic Launcher.

It's as easy as creating a new instance (just by copying the original) and drag and dropping the mod zip files you download into the interface. The only thing you need to understand is whether or not the mod goes into the JAR tab (mods that install into the JAR) or the MODS tab - and if it needs to be in the JAR tab you have to arrange them in a specific order.

I'll have to check that out and see which I like more. Though I haven't had any problem with Magic Launcher.

Jdez15

Banned
Believe it or not but Dome City was done "by hand" by me and Crazylegzlu. All the glass in the domes was mined in the usual way and baked in the usual way (nearly 2 deserts were completely destroyed). The base for the domes were originally made up of cobblestone (all 1 million blocks of em) and laid by hand in survival mode (I lost count of how many times I fell to my death). The cobblestone was procured from the huge hole we dug for Xun's Disney castle.

The only "cheating" that I used on Dome City was converting all the cobblestone blocks into Iron when I became a Moderator. I was reluctant to do that but it looked so fantastic using Iron and it was meant to be a futuristic city. If it had been technically feasible I wouldn't have even cheated that way and would have done it the "proper" way but do the maths. The city uses well over 1 million blocks for the bases. That means I would need to mine 9 million blocks of Iron ore.

I applaud you, I really do. It looks great.

-Minsc-

Slabbing positions available.

• Must work for no pay
  • Working conditions are most hazardous
    • Ghast attacks
    • Precarious catwalks at great heights with no safety rails
    • "If the fall doesn't kill you, the magma will"
  • Water not provided

Apply today.

Slabbing positions available.

• Must work for no pay
  • Working conditions are most hazardous
    • Ghast attacks
    • Precarious catwalks at great heights with no safety rails
    • "If the fall doesn't kill you, the magma will"
  • Water not provided

Apply today.

Sounds like a dream job.

I bet a fortune 500 company is providing the job

Can i apply as a temp,since i'm rarely on minecraft,and i have creative on so i probably should do it anyway.

Ranger X

You guys know that the update is August first right?
Here are the complete changes:

------------------- General ----------------------

•Improved overall stability and performance
Reduced CPU, RAM & bandwidth usage

•Made Singleplayer internally use a Multiplayer server

•Added optional single-player commands called "Cheats" on non-hardcore worlds
Type / and then hit tab to autocomplete & get help on various commands
Most commands from MP are available

•Added option to let LAN friends join SP games
You can choose which gamemode players join in and whether they are allowed to use cheats

•Added demo mode for non-premium users
Lasts 5 game days per world

•Added chat options
Change which parts of chat are shown and how opaque it is
Toggle chat colors, links being clickable and warning prompts for links
Option to rebind the command key, which opens the chat with / in the textfield

•Mobs can now spawn on top slabs and upside down stairs

•Improved F3 mode:
Truncated coordinates to 5 fractional digits
Removed frame rendering time history graph (bottom-left)
3 new values:
ws: Walking speed (constant)
fs: Flying speed (constant)
g: Boolean value, true when you touch the ground

•Updated language files
Added tooltips for all types of Monster Egg blocks and the End Portal Frame
Added more descriptive tooltips for different types of tree-related blocks, sandstone and stone bricks
Localized server commands
Added missing commands-related strings
Added missing double chest GUI caption

•Fixed many bugs
Fixed texture packs in folders not showing their icon and description
Fixed Man-in-the-middle attack allowing hackers to log in as you when you visit their server
Fixed the Open texturepack folder button not working on OS X

-------------------- Gameplay -----------------------

•Added Adventure mode
Only playable using commands
Building, setting things on fire and using buckets is disabled
Players can only interact with mobs and the environment

•Added trading
Using emerald as currency, villagers will, depending on profession, offer different trades to players
There are three kinds of trades: Selling, buying and enchanting
As displayed in the top-most part of the trading GUI, villagers take one or more items or item stacks and give back something
After trading, villagers will sometimes emit purple particles for a few seconds to indicate that their trades changed Otherwise unobtainable bottles o' enchanting and chainmail armor can be obtained by trading

•Improved Creative mode inventory
There are categorized tabs for various groups of items and blocks
Added a search tab which will automatically be switched to when the chat key is hit
Added survival inventory tab, which shows the full inventory, a 'Destroy item' slot, armor slots including a preview of your character and a 2x2 crafting field
Items can now be deleted from the inventory by shift-clicking them
Added layered snow block, Monster Egg Blocks (Silverfish spawning blocks), Ender Portal frame and all potions
Now shows potion effects' timers like in Survival

•Improved experience collection
Depending on ore type, experience now drops from ores that drop items
Taking smelted items out of furnaces gives experience now
Destroying mob spawners gives experience now

•Adjusted experience level progression:
Levels 1-15 cost 17 XP points each
Levels 16-30 cost 3 more XP points than the previous (cost = 17 + (level - 15) * 3)
Levels 31-∞ cost 7 more XP points than the previous (cost = 62 + (level - 30) * 7)

•Improved enchanting
The new maximum level with bookshelves is 30, without 8
15 bookshelves are enough to reach level 30
The 3rd slot shows the most expensive possible enchantment more often
Increased chances for multiple enchantments at once
Adjusted enchantments' to go with the new maximum level

•Added writing in books
New crafting recipe for books: 3 pieces of paper and one piece of leather in any possible shape
New item: Book and Quill - Crafting recipe: 1 ink sac, 1 feather and 1 book in any possible shape
Right-click to write on & edit up to 50 pages or read
Click 'Done' to save the book, 'Sign' to choose a title and finalize the book

•Improved Multiplayer
Made entities less likely to glitch through blocks - Comparison: before and after
Added automagical downloading of standard sized texture packs when joining servers
Made server commands more descriptive
Added reason parameter to /ban
Added /seed command to show the map seed
Added /defaultgamemode command to choose the gamemode new players start in
Added /debug command to enable and disable profiling
/kick messages can now contain "\n" to force a new line
Blocks other players are mining now show cracks
/tp can now be used to teleport to specific coordinates
Made server list re-orderable: shift+click or shift+arrow keys move selected servers
Server list now scans for LAN servers
Added hardcore difficulty: Players are banned upon death

•Added many minor things
Individual, stackable items near each other on the ground now become one item stack
Added shift clicking support to armor slots, brewing stands & enchantment tables
Added setting to disable servers offering you texture packs
Made the stars smaller and brighter
Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession now
Removed the downwards knockback while drowning
Doors being broken by zombies now show their damage

•Improved the Pick Block key
You now get the actual block
You can now pick paintings, boats, minecarts and mobs, which will give you their spawn eggs
Picking huge mushroom blocks now gives mushrooms
You can no longer pick portal blocks

•Fixed many bugs
- Fixed flying slowly in liquids
- Fixed blocks with the same id but different data/damage values stacking in Creative inventory
- Fixed boats & minecarts not being one-hit breakable in Creative
- Fixed raw fish, dyes, saddles, potions, milk buckets and tools depleting in Creative
- Fixed water destroying non-solid blocks when breaking them from above
- Fixed Silk touch giving you only one slab from double slabs
- Fixed redstone updates not propagating through unloaded chunks
- Fixed arrows scooting up to the top of the block they were shot on in MP
- Fixed repeaters getting stuck when loading their chunk
- Fixed endermen not opening their jaws in MP
- Fixed tools taking damage when breaking insta-breakable blocks
- Fixed fully charged arrows not showing their particle effect in MP
- Fixed many sounds not playing in MP
- Fixed magma cubes' and slimes' jumping animations not showing in MP
- Fixed thunderstorms not darkening the sky in MP
- Fixed weather not fading in or out in MP
- Fixed enchanted armor and tools not glowing to other players
- Fixed ender pearls and eyes of ender not being aligned in the inventory
- Fixed explosions not pushing players back in MP
- Fixed TNT not knocking back players in MP
- Fixed pistons not pushing back players in MP
- Fixed the arrow representing players on held maps being offset
- Fixed being able to duplicate sand, gravel and powered rail
- Fixed placing a piston in front of another powered, but not extended one resulting in a glitched piston with the head's texture on all sides
- Fixed TNT dropping as a ressource on creative mode
- Fixed powering specifically glitched pistons crashing the game
- Fixed players on minecarts, boats or pigs and spider jockeys not being displayed in the correct location

-------------- World Generation ------------------

•Made sub-biome type mountains like Desert Hills or Ice Mountains taller

•Made cocoa beans appear on some small jungle trees

•Added optional starting chest on non-hardcore worlds
Contents: wooden & stone tools, bread, apples, logs, planks and sticks

•Added large biomes world type, increasing biome sizes immensely

•Added desert-specific villages

•Added desert temples
Built out of various kinds of sandstone and wool
Include hidden chest room and TNT trap, with loot including rotten flesh, bones, iron ingots and gold ingots, diamonds and emeralds

•Added jungle temples
Built out of various kinds of cobblestone
Contain multiple tripwire traps triggering dispensers filled with arrows
Loot chests include bones, rotten flesh, gold ingots, iron ingots, diamonds and emeralds

•Added emerald ore
Only generates in Extreme Hills biomes
Occurs up to 8 times per chunk in veins of 1
Generates between layers 4 and 31, inclusive

----------------------- Blocks & Items ---------------------------

•Emerald Ore
Drops Emerald

•Emerald
Is used to trade with villagers

•Block of Emerald
Crafted by putting 9 emeralds on a crafting table

•Ender Chest
Crafted by surrounding an eye of ender with 8 pieces of obsidian
Stores each player's contents across dimensions and all Ender Chests
Contents are preserved even if all Ender Chests are destroyed
Explosion-resistant
Emits light and purple particles
Unless mined using a Silk Touch-enchanted pickaxe, they drop 8 obsidian

•Tripwire Hook
String in between needs to be placed manually
Breaking the string triggers a redstone signal, cutting it using shears doesn't
Entities like boats, mobs, arrows or players touching the string trigger a redstone signal
String can be up to 40 blocks long
Crafting recipe: Iron ingot on top of a stick on top of a wooden plank

•String
Can now be placed on the ground decoratively

•Furnaces
Can be fueled by wooden tools now
Return an empty bucket when using lava buckets as fuel now

•Ice
Instead of melting in the nether, it now disappears
Can be obtained using Silk Touch-enchanted gear now

•Glass Panes
Can be obtained using Silk Touch-enchanted gear now

•Nether portal
Leaks into the Overworld now: Depending on difficulty, zombie pigmen rarely spawn in them

•Half slabs
Added all wood types
Wooden slabs crafted after the update act like wood
Will now be top slabs when placed on the upper half of a block's side
When placed upside down, rails, pressure plates, levers, doors, torches, redstone torches, repeaters, redstone dust and beds can be placed on them - Redstone dust behaves like on glowstone - It transmits power horizontally and upwards, but not downwards. Redstone torches don't power redstone placed on slabs/stairs above them.

•Stairs
Added Sandstone Stairs
Added wooden stairs for all kinds of wood
Adjusted hitbox
When placed upside down, rails, pressure plates, levers, doors, torches, redstone torches, repeaters, redstone dust and beds can be placed on them - Redstone dust behaves like on glowstone - It transmits power horizontally and upwards, but not downwards. Redstone torches don't power redstone placed on slabs/stairs above them.

•Leaves
Water slowly drips through them when it's raining

•Cauldrons
Slowly fill up when it's raining

•Dispensers
Minecarts & boats will now be placed if there's rails/water in place
Instead of dispensing buckets, dispensers will now suck in or place water or lava in front of them

•Gravel
Changed texture

•Jungle leaves
Have a 1/200 chance to drop a cocoa bean when destroyed now

•Lever
Can be placed on the ceiling now

•Wooden pressure plates
Are triggered by arrows now

•Pistons
Changed a few things to fight bugs, which now causes them to appear to update slightly slower - some contraptions may require changes to signal timing

•Cocoa beans
Retextured item
Can be planted & grown on jungle wood nowimg
Can be grown instantly using bone meal

•Cookies
Give a full hunger point now

•Empty buckets
Stack up to 16 now
Stacked buckets work just like stacked glass bottles do

•Signs
Stack up to 16 now
Crafting now gives 3 signs instead of 1

•Golden Apple
Has two crafting recipes now, the new one replacing gold nuggets with gold blocks
Second tier gives Regeneration IV, Resistance and Fire resistance effects
Only second tier glows like enchanted tools

•Spawners
Added NBT tags to further customize spawned mobs
Only changeable using map editors or mods

•Boats
Are not broken by lilypads anymore, instead they run straight through the lilypad now, breaking and sometimes dropping it
Are less glitchy and more responsive now
Increased maximum speed
When exiting, players will be moved from the boat
When broken, they drop a boat now

•Minecarts
When on rails, they can be accelerated a bit while sitting in them
When exiting, players will be moved from the minecart

--------------------------- Mobs ----------------------

•Pigs
Drop 1-3 meat now

•Slimes
Reduced spawn rate in superflat maps

•Silverfish
When suffering from poison potions, they will now spawn more silverfish from nearby silverfish blocks more often

•All hostile mobs
Become aggressive towards the last mob or player that hit them now

This is one hell of a massive update. I guess I will start a new world or something...

Morokh

This is one hell of a massive update. I guess I will start a new world or something...

A lot of sweet things, but I tested the latest snapshot yesterday thinking I could already start a new world, and I hope they can smoothen things a bit performance-wise until release because it's far from glorious as it is.

I had half of the area that was visible full of chunk errors that only loaded when I entered them.

Maybe I should consider Optifine if it does not get better until then.

Now for the server, with the current map becoming huge and difficult to work with for mapping purposes and surely other things, and the massive changes in terrain generation and in the game in general, is there any consideration of starting a new map in the near-ish future ? just asking.

Articalys

So, once I've got Optifine (multi-core version) up and running, which of the billion settings to I need to tweak to make things start running better? Or is it already preset to a good level?

Top Bottom