• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
I don't think it has never crashed immediatly though very fast sometimes. Can play a bit usually. And (usually, i think, it's been some time since i tried it) crashes the whole laptop, usually i get black screen and have to shut down this thing, sometimes Windows just hangs up. Once i could still move the mouse cursor but nothing else worked.

While i think this laptop does have cooling issues, no other game overheats this, at least to the point where this would automatically shut down.
Would check the fans/heatsink (whatever this has) but first i need to get some tools... i have no idea why we don't have basic tools...

Sent PM.

Please stand by for a statement from Dome City Amusement Park Management :-

DCAP Shill said:
What you mean the peasants are revolting ? you don't need to tell me that they make me gag every time I have to interact with the.......... Oh hello there my name is Casey Walters and I am in charge of customer relations for the truly wonderous Dome City Amusement Park.

It has come to our attention that ONE or TWO (but absolutely no more than that) are dissatisfied with the quality of entertainment that the amusement park provides. Now firstly let me assure you that your feedback is of the utmost importance because it means we can insult you by claiming you are "entitled" and you shouldn't question our "Artistic Integrity" but even more than that your feedback ensures that we KNOW who to keep an eye on and follow at every step.

Over the weekend the complaints regarding the amusement park were thoroughly investigated. The result of this investigation is that the complaints definitely had merit. So with that in mind we did what any evil unfeeling corporation would do ... we have hired a crack team of lawyers, private investigators and henchmen their mission is to make Mr Tiger90's life a complete and utter misery. They will systematically destroy his reputation and family life, we will crush him and then when he thinks it can't get any worse he will find his castle accidentally got covered in a 256x256x256 chunk of bedrock.

Let that be a lesson to ya, you don't mess with the DCAPM, have a nice day :-D

Ah Dome City Management they are crazy aren't they ;-) Sorry half the stuff doesn't work as it should NihonTiger90 as -Minsc- said most of it is down to lag on the server.

• The Zipinator - This works fantasically in single player, but unfortunately online lag and slower machines have a problem with it. There isn't much that can be done to fix it other than hope 1.3 removes some of the crappy lag in Minecraft (but it will always be an issue depending on where you are and what machine you are running).
  • Kiddies Rollercoaster - Not sure what happened with the Kiddie Coaster that should've worked fine.
  • Golem Arena - Again another problem with Minecraft, for some reason Golems don't attack mobs any more. There isn't much that can be done about this other than hope it can be fixed.
  • Water Ride - The water ride is a bit of a test of skill ;-) hopefully it will be easier in the next update the devs have indicated they have improved boat handling.
  • Impossibru Machine - a wondrous device this, it defies all logic (and exploits a glitch). The only problem is when someone leaves the chunk the machine stops and it needs to be restarted again when someone visits the chunk. But hey at least it looks cool and you got to respect dat "artistic integrity".

Now to show that I am not full of bull and making this up, here is a video of how it should have all worked :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLT4RGZwKhw

Anyway loved the episode NihonTiger90 keep em coming.

Ranger X

I only ask cause MC runs like poop on both my systems.

Just checking...
Are you on a windows PC? If yes, are you absolutely certain that you are in Java 64bits?
Another important thing, if you play fullscreen, do you enlarge the window with F11 key or by clicking with your mouse on the top right icon to expand?
It is extremely important to go fullscreen with F11 and not the window itself. This way you gain ALOT of speed. I personally go from 30 fps to 120fps just by doing that.

Hey guys, I figured I'd post this here since I put it on the internet anyways for my friend out of state to watch. It's a short 15 minute video with a very truncated tour of my current Minecraft map... or more so just my main base of operations. I'm playing Minecraft right now with a bunch of mods. I have pretty piss poor internet so I'm not showing off everything, like all my quarries, mines, and nether to save length/file size and I didn't record voice-over because I'm too lazy to edit it. I did caption the whole video relatively heavily though - that being said, I don't get technical in it just kind of showing off some cool stuff to someone who's a relatively very casual Minecraft player.

http://youtu.be/AHaHMNha4N4

I haven't played MC in a very long time, are all these lasers, solar panels and pipes mods? Pretty cool set up :)

Well done charlie, well done. That music was a nice touch.

Cheers, where there is a fairground ride there will be a Wurlitzer dirging away sapping peoples will to live :-D . Ah the pleasure of public domain music eh. I would have talked over the video but alas I have a voice that sounds like I was dropped on my head as a baby and I don't have a microphone.

I haven't played MC in a very long time, are all these lasers, solar panels and pipes mods? Pretty cool set up :)
Yeah, the lasers in that video are from the Buildcraft mod... as are the pipes. There's two types of solar panels on my roof, one set for the RedPower mod and one set for IndustrialCraft. The mods for all the farms is Forestry, the mod for the cart loaders is Railcraft, the mod with the crystal farm stuff and for my magical items like my super sword and meteor (high jump) boots is Thaumcraft, the dimensional books is Mystcraft, and the Energy Collectors (plus the ring that lets me fly around among other power items) is Equivalent Exchange. Since the video, a lot has been updated in my world. I added a set of Recyclers in my basement and a big industrial room off the back of my house that, with the help of Equivalent Exchange and Redpower, is generating lava for me (as opposed to pumping out the Nether which is kind of annoying in SSP - though I could of used a Volcano for a near infinite amount of lava as well if I wanted). I'm using the lava inside Geothermal Generators to power a Mass Fabricator, which converts my excess Scrap (from my recyclers) into UU-Matter so I can start constructing some Quantum Armor - though it requires massive amounts of electricity. Also, that laser system I had going in the video built me a bunch of logic gates so I've more or less automated the fueling of my Quarry - I only have to go back every few hours to move it when it finishes.

After I get a few pieces of Quantum Armor I need I'll probably start focusing on constructing a minecart system with RailCraft... maybe, that's kind of superfluous but could be fun. I might do some dimensional hopping with Mystcraft but since this is SSP I can't chunk-load alternate dimensions which makes setting up any sort of automated system kind of null unless I'm staying in there for a long time. We'll see, could be fun in a Rube Goldberg sort of way :p

I started a personal Bukkit server the other night with IndustrialCraft, Buildcraft, EE2, and Redpower to play with a friend - I might add more mods but for now I'm kind of looking forward to building there without the complete craziness of some of the SSP mods I have right now - a little more limitation could be fun.

Please stand by for a statement from Dome City Amusement Park Management :-

Ah Dome City Management they are crazy aren't they ;-) Sorry half the stuff doesn't work as it should NihonTiger90 as -Minsc- said most of it is down to lag on the server.

• The Zipinator - This works fantasically in single player, but unfortunately online lag and slower machines have a problem with it. There isn't much that can be done to fix it other than hope 1.3 removes some of the crappy lag in Minecraft (but it will always be an issue depending on where you are and what machine you are running).
  • Kiddies Rollercoaster - Not sure what happened with the Kiddie Coaster that should've worked fine.
  • Golem Arena - Again another problem with Minecraft, for some reason Golems don't attack mobs any more. There isn't much that can be done about this other than hope it can be fixed.
  • Water Ride - The water ride is a bit of a test of skill ;-) hopefully it will be easier in the next update the devs have indicated they have improved boat handling.
  • Impossibru Machine - a wondrous device this, it defies all logic (and exploits a glitch). The only problem is when someone leaves the chunk the machine stops and it needs to be restarted again when someone visits the chunk. But hey at least it looks cool and you got to respect dat "artistic integrity".

Now to show that I am not full of bull and making this up, here is a video of how it should have all worked :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLT4RGZwKhw

Anyway loved the episode NihonTiger90 keep em coming.

Haha, thanks, Charlie!

The boat problem was on my end, I think. Just lag because the boat glitched out on me. And then floated through the air.

Also, if you don't mind, I will add a link to your reply in my video for folks to read.

spuit*11

Banned
Hey guys, I figured I'd post this here since I put it on the internet anyways for my friend out of state to watch. It's a short 15 minute video with a very truncated tour of my current Minecraft map... or more so just my main base of operations. I'm playing Minecraft right now with a bunch of mods. I have pretty piss poor internet so I'm not showing off everything, like all my quarries, mines, and nether to save length/file size and I didn't record voice-over because I'm too lazy to edit it. I did caption the whole video relatively heavily though - that being said, I don't get technical in it just kind of showing off some cool stuff to someone who's a relatively very casual Minecraft player.

http://youtu.be/AHaHMNha4N4

That's very cool, how much work is it to have so many mods on at the same time?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, the lasers in that video are from the Buildcraft mod... as are the pipes. There's two types of solar panels on my roof, one set for the RedPower mod and one set for IndustrialCraft. The mods for all the farms is Forestry, the mod for the cart loaders is Railcraft, the mod with the crystal farm stuff and for my magical items like my super sword and meteor (high jump) boots is Thaumcraft, the dimensional books is Mystcraft, and the Energy Collectors (plus the ring that lets me fly around among other power items) is Equivalent Exchange. Since the video, a lot has been updated in my world. I added a set of Recyclers in my basement and a big industrial room off the back of my house that, with the help of Equivalent Exchange and Redpower, is generating lava for me (as opposed to pumping out the Nether which is kind of annoying in SSP - though I could of used a Volcano for a near infinite amount of lava as well if I wanted). I'm using the lava inside Geothermal Generators to power a Mass Fabricator, which converts my excess Scrap (from my recyclers) into UU-Matter so I can start constructing some Quantum Armor - though it requires massive amounts of electricity. Also, that laser system I had going in the video built me a bunch of logic gates so I've more or less automated the fueling of my Quarry - I only have to go back every few hours to move it when it finishes.

After I get a few pieces of Quantum Armor I need I'll probably start focusing on constructing a minecart system with RailCraft... maybe, that's kind of superfluous but could be fun. I might do some dimensional hopping with Mystcraft but since this is SSP I can't chunk-load alternate dimensions which makes setting up any sort of automated system kind of null unless I'm staying in there for a long time. We'll see, could be fun in a Rube Goldberg sort of way :p

I started a personal Bukkit server the other night with IndustrialCraft, Buildcraft, EE2, and Redpower to play with a friend - I might add more mods but for now I'm kind of looking forward to building there without the complete craziness of some of the SSP mods I have right now - a little more limitation could be fun.
Holy shit...there's a Mystcraft mod? I always pretend I'm living Myst when I play Minecraft, I need this mod now

That's very cool, how much work is it to have so many mods on at the same time?
It's constantly surprising to me how well they all work together. It's not only that the pipes hook to practically every machine from every mod but there is a lot of built-in compatibility between the mods; like Buildcraft having an engine that can be powered by IndustrialCraft electricity or Thaumcraft having a machine that can generate Redpower's Bluetricity.

One of my favorite examples of mixing them together is how I have my Minecart go to a Liquid Cart Loader (Railcraft) that's filled by a Liquid Proof Pipe (Buildcraft) from a tank of Biomass generated from my Sugarcane Farms (Forestry) which is powered by my engine receiving electricity from my solar panels (IndustrialCraft). When the cart finishes loading it shoots down the track and hits a detector rail which opens a Portal (PortalGun) as well as the corresponding Portal at my Quarry wirelessly (Wireless Redstone) where it fills up the engines at which point I have logic gates detect the full tanks and send a signal to my redstone switches and state cells (RedPower) to shut off my engine back and home to reserve power.

In some ways it's hard to imagine using some mods without the others. Without the quarries from Buildcraft, recycling scrap in IndustrialCraft barely even makes sense - nor does building a big Relay array with Equivalent Exchange. They all work amazingly well together - the worst that can be said is with Equivalent Exchange + RedPower together being very overpowered, though I choose not to exploit the systems there (the infamous MooShroom, Milk Farm, or Dark Room exploits come to mind - where you can get 10+ diamonds a second easily if you set it all up properly).

Holy shit...there's a Mystcraft mod? I always pretend I'm living Myst when I play Minecraft, I need this mod now
It's amazing. You craft special books that allow you to teleport to randomized dimensions (think the Nether or The End) that have unique properties like varying sky/sunset colors, eternal day/night/dusk/dawn, endless oceans, endless voids, varying biome mechanics like Skylands or Cave Worlds, special weather conditions, or even weird things like wooden tendrils or huge chunks of Glowstone everywhere. As you discover each of these traits by visiting random worlds you can eventually write your own books to literally craft entire worlds by selecting all their individual properties; like I want this world to have eternal day, with huge trees, a blue sunset, only have a single plains biome, with green fog, obsidian obelisks, and spires of glowstone with endless thunderstorms. You can either build huge portals to go between worlds, simply read the books, or just set up the books on stands around your nexus or wherever you want to teleport around.

The Technomancer

It's amazing. You craft special books that allow you to teleport to randomized dimensions (think the Nether or The End) that have unique properties like varying sky/sunset colors, eternal day/night/dusk/dawn, endless oceans, endless voids, varying biome mechanics, special weather conditions, or even weird things like wooden tendrils or huge chunks of Glowstone everywhere. As you discover each of these traits by visiting random worlds you can eventually write your own books to literally craft entire worlds by selecting all their individual properties; like I want this world to have eternal day, with huge trees, a blue sunset, only have a single plains biome, with green fog, obsidian obelisks, and spires of glowstone with endless thunderstorms. You can either build huge portals to go between worlds, simply read the books, or just set up the books on stands around your nexus or wherever you want to teleport around.

:O

:O :O :O :O :O

Minecraft is the game of forever. This is all I've ever wanted out of video games. I'll never play anything else ever again.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
:O

:O :O :O :O :O

Minecraft is the game of forever. This is all I've ever wanted out of video games. I'll never play anything else ever again.

:D

If you're ready to take the insane content multi-mod plunge, I'd recommend using Direwolf20's setup. It's a bit of an ordeal to download and install everything, but he has Mystcraft installed, as well as many of the large content forge mods Houston3000 described, and his files are pre-configed so you will avoid mod block-id conflicts.

Warning: You will be overwhelmed. I'd seriously recommend just using one major content mod at a time. Also, start a new world, the terrain and resources are different. Also, once you get a true taste of modding, you will never go back to Vanilla again.

Edit: If you'd rather just wade in rather then dive headfirst into the pool, try Redpower2 and Thaumcraft by themselves. (You'll need Modloader and Forge as prerequisites.) Thaumcraft gives you a reason to explore, with it's relics and obelisks to research and create new items with, and Redpower2 gives you an advanced set of tools you can use to automate nearly everything. Oh, and it has Frames. Large doors, miners, ect.

The Technomancer

If you're ready to take the insane content multi-mod plunge, I'd recommend using Direwolf20's setup. It's a bit of an ordeal to download and install everything, but he has Mystcraft installed, as well as many of the large content forge mods Houston3000 described, and his files are pre-configed so you will avoid mod block-id conflicts.

Warning: You will be overwhelmed. I'd seriously recommend just using one major content mod at a time. Also, start a new world, the terrain and resources are different. Also, once you get a true taste of modding, you will never go back to Vanilla again.

Edit: If you'd rather just wade in rather then dive headfirst into the pool, try Redpower2 and Thaumcraft by themselves. (You'll need Modloader and Forge as prerequisites.) Thaumcraft gives you a reason to explore, with it's relics and obelisks to research and create new items with, and Redpower2 gives you an advanced set of tools you can use to automate nearly everything. Oh, and it has Frames. Large doors, miners, ect.

I'm going to start playing around with single mods for now and when the update hits in August and I get my giant Biomes then I'll start a new world with everything I want.

Yeah, my whole mod setup is inspired by Direwolf20.
Whats the difference between Forge and Modloader and MultiMC? I noticed Direwolf said MultiMC would lead to easier mod installs.

Modloader isn't really needed anymore as Forge has absorbed its function (on the same token you might see a "4096 block id fix" mod that's been made irrelevant by the newest version of Forge). That being said, I still have them all running so it doesn't hurt to have them all. If you follow Direwolf20's install guide you'll be golden even if it's a couple months outdated.

MultiMC is a program that lets you setup multiple instances of Minecraft and then launch them separately from a nice little launcher app. It also makes installing mods much much simpler, especially mods like Forge or Modloader which need to go inside the jar file.

I want to do this so much, but I'm so lost as to how to install these. :S

The Technomancer

MultiMC is a program that lets you setup multiple instances of Minecraft and then launch them separately from a nice little launcher app. It also makes installing mods much much simpler, especially mods like Forge or Modloader which need to go inside the jar file.

Modloaders within modloaders? Where does this rabbit hole end?

Vlad

Yeah, it's all a little convoluted at the moment, something that the API should hopefully resolve eventually.

The thing to keep in mind is that the mod called Modloader is really more of a backend thing that allows other actual mods to work. It's not an actual user-facing mod-loading program.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member

Half of the mods get unzipped and placed in the %appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar file, the other half get placed in zip file form in %appdata%\.minecraft\mods\ folder. The trick, of course, is figuring out which is which. :D (There's a guide on Direwolf's let's play forum page, as well as youtube links.)

Edit: I also have good news! It looks like the latest Forge version now includes Modloader, Audiomod, and the 4096 block ID fix, so that's a few less things to install.

The Technomancer

Half of the mods get unzipped and placed in the %appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar file, the other half get placed in zip file form in %appdata%\.minecraft\mods\ folder. The trick, of course, is figuring out which is which. :D (There's a guide on Direwolf's let's play forum page, as well as youtube links.)

Edit: I also have good news! It looks like the latest Forge version now includes Modloader, Audiomod, and the 4096 block ID fix, so that's a few less things to install.
Wheee! So I just need Forge now

Yeah, it's all a little convoluted at the moment, something that the API should hopefully resolve eventually.

The thing to keep in mind is that the mod called Modloader is really more of a backend thing that allows other actual mods to work. It's not an actual user-facing mod-loading program.
Well, to try to explain it simply...

Modloader is a simply a mod manager for Minecraft created by Rigasumi. It works behind the scenes to attempt to keep your various mods from conflicting with each other by providing them common libraries and such so they don't need to overlap. Forge is an API that gives all mod makers that use it a set of standards to follow, basically a set of specifications and controlled codebase so mods are both easier to code and conflict less with one another. There was already an overlap with both of them but then Forge recently added what they call "FML" or "Forge Modloader" which completely takes care of Modloaders capabilities (as well as some of Rigasumi's other mods like Audiomod). There was also another commonly recreated mod to fix the limit of 4096 block IDs that Forge recently absorbed into itself as well.

Download MultiMC:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1000645-multimc-31-windows-linux-mac/

Within MultiMC create two new instances of Minecraft. Name one of them "Vanilla Minecraft" and the other one "Modded Minecraft"

Download the latest version of Forge: http://minecraftforge.net/wiki/Installation/Client

Right click your "Modded Minecraft" instance in multiMC and select 'Edit Mods'. Click and drag the Forge zip files you downloaded into the first tab (minecraft.jar). Click Close

Download some mods:
- IndustrialCraft: http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Download#Client
--- Advanced Machines: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7490635_65634581_715554
--- Compact Solars: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q8s1xax7ckgu6sw/mod_compactsolars-client-2.3.2.10.zip
- BuildCraft (all): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44760587/buildcraft/3.1.5/index.html
--- Logistics Pipes: http://bit.ly/ITzX8z
--- Sneaky Pipes: http://bit.ly/HVV2rZ
--- Additional Buildcraft Objects: http://www.siedler25.org/uploads/mi...raft-C-additionalbuildcraftobjects-latest.zip
--- Additional Pipes: http://www.mediafire.com/?qb5otfg63pbr09z
- RedPower (all): http://www.eloraam.com/?page_id=130
- Thaumcraft: http://adf.ly/4piuS

Right click your "Modded Minecraft" instance again in multiMC and select 'Edit Mods'. Now select the second tab (minecraft/mods) and click and drag the various zip/jar files into there. (DO NOT EXTRACT THEM). Click Close

Run the game.

That should be a good start at least :)

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
If you need an in-game recipe guide to craft all of your lovely new items, Try out CraftGuide (Forum Page/Download) You'll be able to craft a book that will show every everything you can craft on a crafting table. I don't, however, believe it'll show you item creation recipes for any non-crafting table recipes, like Thaumcraft's Infuser Table and RP2's Alloy Furnace. Just add the zip file to Tab 2. (\.minecraft\mods)

Edit: Oh yea, and don't forget to report back to us with your first impressions. :D The mods Houston listed add a bunch of new resources and a few new terrain features. I won't spoil them, though, that's half the fun. (
Run away from the purple stuff!
)

The Technomancer

Hm, trying to just get the Mystcraft mod working by itself. I installed Forge and Mystcraft using MultiMC like laid out, and then used an inventory editor to give myself some regular Minecraft books but I can't seem to craft them into Myst books. The title screen even has "one mod enabled" or whatever on it.

EDIT: Got it!

I've found my new number one mod I want integrated into the game. Smart Moving.

Demo Video

Basically gives you a ton of new ways to move around, letting you climb ledges, dive into water, improves the swimming system a ton, crawling, and all kinds of neat tricks. It's great because I have this giant city I'm working on and one of my favorite things is to run around on rooftops like Assassin's Creed.

Damnit, I was hoping to use the gorgeous Sonic Ether shaders but it looks like they're incompatible with Force. At least, installing Forge kicks me back to default shaders.
In general texture packs and shaders addons are only a nuisance when you get into mods, believe me... stick with and learn to love the default glory of Minecraft.

Demo Video

Basically gives you a ton of new ways to move around, letting you climb ledges, dive into water, improves the swimming system a ton, crawling, and all kinds of neat tricks. It's great because I have this giant city I'm working on and one of my favorite things is to run around on rooftops like Assassin's Creed.
Holy shit, looks amazing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, definitely trying this out tomorrow.

Chuckpebble

Demo Video

The animations make me wonder if there'll ever be a mod where the meshes have joints for knees and elbows.

-Minsc-

Demo Video

Wow, that's quite cool. I hope something like that does make it in to the official game.

I want to get back into Minecraft since there's so much new stuff since I last played properly - villages, XP, potions and everything - But I don't want to start my magnum opus (!) with a big update just around the corner wrecking everything.

Is it safe to start playing without updates demanding I start a fresh world, or should I hold off for a while?

spuit*11

Banned
Ninefingers I am in awe with your castle and village.

Really impressive work.

Edit: Mengy if it's not too much trouble could you make a strictly top-down map of the server. It would really help with planning stuff out.

Morokh

I want to get back into Minecraft since there's so much new stuff since I last played properly - villages, XP, potions and everything - But I don't want to start my magnum opus (!) with a big update just around the corner wrecking everything.

Is it safe to start playing without updates demanding I start a fresh world, or should I hold off for a while?

Get the latest snapshots and upgrade it every week until release (you'll have to make it 3 times until then) and you'll be already enjoying all the new content and won't miss anything in terms of world generation.

If you don't want to bother, wait until august :p

Get the latest snapshots and upgrade it every week until release (you'll have to make it 3 times until then) and you'll be already enjoying all the new content and won't miss anything in terms of world generation.

If you don't want to bother, wait until august :p
Thanks. I think I'll wait till August actually! :)

The Technomancer

Anyone who's used buildcraft have any inkling what the following error means when scrolling through the inventory in creative?
Code:
8 mods loaded
Optifine OptiFine_1.2.5_HD_MT_C3
Minecraft Forge 3.3.7.135
FML v2.2.48.135
Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.48.135 for Minecraft 1.2.5
	mod_MinecraftForge : Available (minecraft.jar)
	mod_AdditionalBuildcraftObjects : Available (buildcraft-C-additionalbuildcraftobjects-latest.zip)
	mod_BuildCraftCore : Available (buildcraft-client-A-core-3.1.5.zip)
	mod_BuildCraftBuilders : Available (buildcraft-client-B-builders-3.1.5.zip)
	mod_BuildCraftEnergy : Available (buildcraft-client-B-energy-3.1.5.zip)
	mod_BuildCraftFactory : Available (buildcraft-client-B-factory-3.1.5.zip)
	mod_BuildCraftTransport : Available (buildcraft-client-B-transport-3.1.5.zip)
	mod_BuildCraftSilicon : Available (buildcraft-client-C-silicon-3.1.5.zip)

Minecraft has crashed!      
      ----------------------      

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9686afc8 --------
Generated 7/11/12 11:01 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
LWJGL: 2.8.3
OpenGL: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series version 4.2.11740 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.transport.Pipe.getBlockTexture()I
	at AdditionalBuildcraftObjects.ItemABOPipe.getTextureIndex(ItemABOPipe.java:95)
	at AdditionalBuildcraftObjects.ABOProxy.renderPipeItem(ABOProxy.java:83)
	at AdditionalBuildcraftObjects.ABOProxy.renderItem(ABOProxy.java:73)
	at forge.ForgeHooksClient.renderInventoryItem(ForgeHooksClient.java:404)
	at tw.a(RenderItem.java:290)
	at gb.a(SourceFile:200)
	at gb.a(SourceFile:76)
	at sr.a(SourceFile:286)
	at lr.b(EntityRenderer.java:1125)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:873)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:750)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 3811c99c ----------

Wow, that's quite cool. I hope something like that does make it in to the official game.

The only real issues I have with it is that it uses Control for a lot of actions. That sounds like a real pain when you also use shift for a lot, sometimes both. I'd prefer it if grabbing were done differently. Like, a mouse click while you have an empty hand, and you'll grab the block.

Top Bottom