• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Anyone who's used buildcraft have any inkling what the following error means when scrolling through the inventory in creative?

--- ERROR REPORT --------
I bet you're running the wrong version of ABO (Additional Buildcraft Objects). If you're playing singleplayer you should be using the version for Buildcraft 3.1.5, which is what you have installed. You probably downloaded the version for 2.2.14 which is the latest multiplayer build (maybe because I accidentally linked that version in my post earlier by mistake >_<).

Here's a direct link:
http://www.siedler25.org/uploads/mi...raft-C-additionalbuildcraftobjects-latest.zip

Also a forum thread for that mod

Let me know if that fixes your problem.

Jesus why is this game so expensive?

I went to buy then saw this.....$26.95 ?!

To be honest if you look at it from a "cost per hour" ratio Minecraft is the cheapest game on the planet. I must have close to 1000 hours in this game, it really does sap your life. Even now when I thought I was getting bored with it I fired up the 1.2.7 update and I have been dragged in again with it. Yes $27 may seem like a lot upfront but if you really "gel" with the game you will get more than your money worth out of it.

Been playing on my server (small personal server I host locally with my friend). We have a few mods installed - a lot less than my single player but still a decent amount. The first night I built this super over engineered sorting system with Buildcraft... the SMP version is a full version behind the SSP version so the Logistics Pipes addon (which is how modern sorting systems are built) isn't compatible with SMP. Lots of crazy engines and colored diamond pipes everywhere and it was pretty shitty - would constantly drop items on the floor if you overfilled it and it only sorted ores.

Last night after we had collected more resources I tore it all down completely and built a sorting system with Redpower pneumatic tubes, retrievers, filters, sorting machines, and timers. It's infinitely more capable and easily expandable than before but still slower and harder to manage than what's achievable in SSP. Today I learned there's a beta of Logistics Pipes for SMP that's been out for like a week... oy.

You're underestimating the game's value greatly. Minecraft's worlds are infinite and randomly generated... it's the epitome of an open-world game, literally. It's like an MMO except the end game lasts forever and there's constant content updates and almost limitless amounts of mods (with no recurring fees). It's one of those kind of games you play for 100s of hours and then go back to every couple of months to dump in another 100+ hours when you want to try some new mods or make a new world with the latest official updates.

For the price of a dinner at an Olive Garden with a cheap glass of wine? Not bad.

Ranger X

That's actually a cheap price for what it offers and the possible hours you can have in there. Also, Minecraft INCREASES in price over time because it's continually updated / improved. This is game you have to buy at the earliest possible! All the subsequent updates after you bought it are free, forever.

Zajora

Hello peeps,

I've been playing Minecraft for awhile now. Mostly I play on a few single player worlds, but I have played on a few servers for awhile as well. This was my last project (It was never really finished, kind of a perpetual work in progress)

iCM4J48DDqZes.png

iAbjQP6h2qLEU.gif

Entirely "legit" too, I only play vanilla Minecraft.

(Yes, there is a wee bit of a jump between the first and second frames)

Anyway, I think I'd like to play on the Neocraft server. Hope to be seeing you all around. :3

Dmax3901

Damnit, I was hoping to use the gorgeous Sonic Ether shaders but it looks like they're incompatible with Force. At least, installing Forge kicks me back to default shaders.

So I've tried getting this to work and no matter I do nothing changes. Fresh minecraft.jar, followed every instruction to the letter. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I know optifine is working cause I can do that zoom thing with ctrl.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I've tried getting this to work and no matter I do nothing changes. Fresh minecraft.jar, followed every instruction to the letter. No idea what I'm doing wrong. I know optifine is working cause I can do that zoom thing with ctrl.

Are you using MultiMC and any mods by chance?

Dmax3901

The one thing that goes against the instructions is that there is supposed to be a 'Shaders' folder in minecraft.jar, except mine doesn't have one so I've just been creating it myself and copying the mod files into there.

Vlad

Unless something huge has changed since the last time I've been on, the GAF server is mostly vanilla. All the various iterations of GAFCraft have never required any client-side mods. The only stuff you'll see are the various server-side mods like being able to set a home location, disabling creeper damage, etc.

Exano's server did have a little more running, like Craftbook and Monster Hunt. Still server-side stuff, but a little more involved. It hasn't been running for quite some time, though, unfortunately.

The Technomancer

I bet you're running the wrong version of ABO (Additional Buildcraft Objects). If you're playing singleplayer you should be using the version for Buildcraft 3.1.5, which is what you have installed. You probably downloaded the version for 2.2.14 which is the latest multiplayer build (maybe because I accidentally linked that version in my post earlier by mistake >_<).

Here's a direct link:
http://www.siedler25.org/uploads/mi...raft-C-additionalbuildcraftobjects-latest.zip

Also a forum thread for that mod

Let me know if that fixes your problem.
That fixed it!

Ninefingers I am in awe with your castle and village.

Really impressive work.

Edit: Mengy if it's not too much trouble could you make a strictly top-down map of the server. It would really help with planning stuff out.

Thanks man.

If anyone else wants to check it out, /warp wexholm, its a skyrim-ish inspired castle/village.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
The one thing that goes against the instructions is that there is supposed to be a 'Shaders' folder in minecraft.jar, except mine doesn't have one so I've just been creating it myself and copying the mod files into there.

I took a quick look at the install instructions, and I can only guess that the 'Install.exe' is not patching the minecraft.jar correctly. Try using the 'Nitrous.jar' file if possible. Also make sure ANY instance of Minecraft.jar is closed (Minecraft is shut down, Winrar is closed) And try restarting your computer before this step if nothing else works.

Also, you'll need Optifine installed before you try any of this.

The Technomancer

For some reason the latest release of Buildcraft and the latest release of Industrialcraft taken directly from the developers websites are incompatible.

EDIT: Or...not? o_O

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hi guys :(

i've tried my darndest to set up an mc server

and keep getting this error when ever i try to join it
nFasi.jpg

any clues?

I'm very very unexperienced here. and have not played mc in well over a year.

I get a message in the server client telling me i tried to connect.. so clearly somethings working

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
this make little sense to me :( ohwell

single player it is

tried anyway and it works now!

so it was at there end? cool

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
It's a good list but it's a bit outdated. Forge comes packaged with FML now so almost no mods require Modloader (or Audiomod for that matter) as a prerequisite anymore.

Unless you're..... not using Forge. Just because Forge has Mod Loader functionality doesn't mean that mods that require Mod Loader suddenly don't. :D

(Although thankfully mods that require Modloader but are incompatible with Forge are becoming a rare sight indeed.)

Unless you're..... not using Forge. Just because Forge has Mod Loader functionality doesn't mean that mods that require Mod Loader suddenly don't. :D

(Although thankfully mods that require Modloader but are incompatible with Forge are becoming a rare sight indeed.)
Well, going through that list for example off the top of my head - IndustrialCraft, Mo' Creatures, Buildcraft, RedPower, Equivalent Exchange, Thaumcraft, Mystcraft, Additional Buildcraft Objects, etc... don't require Modloader, ModloaderMP, Audiomod or anything like that anymore - just Forge.

Obviously there are a lot of mods in there, maybe I'm overstating that almost no mods require modloader anymore (Better than Wolves probably does for example since that doesn't even support Forge at all) but my point was that list is a little outdated if you're simply looking for a list of prerequisites. That being said, It doesn't usually hurt to have Modloader installed anyways in addition to Forge... I have both installed in at least one instance since, really, the whole FML thing just happened within the last month or so.

Are there any good standalone clear water mods?

I used Optifine for a couple of days, but noticed the world load-in was really slow and render distance was too close I played around with the different options, but couldn't seem to change it, I checked the fps which was hovering around 25, compared to 75+ in vanilla MC. The only thing I actually wanted Optifine for was underwater building.

-Minsc-

Are there any good standalone clear water mods?

I used Optifine for a couple of days, but noticed the world load-in was really slow and render distance was too close I played around with the different options, but couldn't seem to change it, I checked the fps which was hovering around 25, compared to 75+ in vanilla MC. The only thing I actually wanted Optifine for was underwater building.

Strange that Optifine gave you a performance hit. What version did you use? With out Optifine I find the Nether unplayable.

Strange that Optifine gave you a performance hit. What version did you use? With out Optifine I find the Nether unplayable.
Ver 1.2.5

I will have to have another play around with it and see if I can get it more 'optifine' since everything I've read about it says it should be better than vanilla MC. It was worse without tweaking any of the options and didn't change much at all/got worse when I started messing around.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Ver 1.2.5

I will have to have another play around with it and see if I can get it more 'optifine' since everything I've read about it says it should be better than vanilla MC. It was worse without tweaking any of the options and didn't change much at all/got worse when I started messing around.

Well, there's 5 different versions of Optifine. Stick with the Standard version unless you were using that one, then try either Smooth or Multicore depending on whether you have more then one CPU core or not. AA is experimental and shouldn't be used, and Light doesn't have the clear water, I believe.

Also, MAKE SURE YOU TURN 'LOAD FAR' OFF (In the performance sub-menu) It's a huge FPS sink. Also make sure Performance (In the main Video settings menu) is set to Max FPS or Vsync.

-Minsc-

A new longterm project I've begun constructing.

2012-07-22_150411.png

2012-07-22_151355.png

2012-07-22_151513.png

I will start with one cloud. May add more later.

Fun fact I discovered: Rain kills snowmen.

Goddammit. You give nerds a toy and just look at the insane shit they do. Conway's Game Of Life in Minecraft with Redstone. Can't wait to see what kinds of amazing redstone stuff is still to come.

Link

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You know, I haven't played Minecraft in three weeks. This is like the longest I've gone without playing Minecraft since I bought it back in alpha in July of 2010. A week of vacationing in the mountains is to blame, followed by a few days at the shore, followed by the Steam Summer Sale and buying over a dozen little games for dirt cheap that I've wanted for years. So I've been playing other "new" games for the past week and having a blast.

But I'm starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms.

At the boardwalk along the shore a few stores had Minecraft shirts and hats for sale, and now creepers are in my dreams again. As I'm playing Orcs Must Die I keep thinking how cool would it be to have a swarm of creepers come through that gate? Or to have some Minecraft zombies put into Plants Vs. Zombies.

I think next week I'm going to hop on the server, migrate to some far off corner of the map, and just build a nice little base from scratch and then go mining and spelunking beneath it for a few days to cure this twitch I have starting up.

When does the new patch come out? LOL, this damn game...

Morokh

Pre-release this week, official release August first !

And we can 'rotate' wood logs in the latest snapshot meaning we can place them either horizontally or vertically (like usual) :eek:

Bark floors, and tree-house branches looking like actual wood here we go !

-Minsc-

Pre-release this week, official release August first !

And we can 'rotate' wood logs in the latest snapshot meaning we can place them either horizontally or vertically (like usual) :eek:

Bark floors, and tree-house branches looking like actual wood here we go !

Awesome!

The upside down tree I built in Poorrich's art museum I initially wanted it to be horizontal but was unable due to the wood blocks not facing the correct direction.

Rotatable trunk blocks.

o1UNa.gif

Actually, in contrast to the enthusiastic GIF, I went back to an old Minecraft server I used to play regularly on, but found myself bored within ten-twenty minutes of wandering around. Admittedly it was a ghost town for the most part, which probably contributed, but I'm seriously wondering if I'm encountering Minecraft burnout. Hoping 1.3 helps in that sense.

Maybe I should hurry up, PM Ark with my screen name and look around the NeoGAF server; I can't imagine that'd be boring.

-Minsc-

What happened to the neocraft servers?

I've tried connecting to both the creative & destructive servers posted in the OP.. nothing happened.

Did you use the address for Ark's survival server? It's working fine for me. Quote the third post on the first page to get the correct address.

Top Bottom