• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

I know I haven't been on much lately, but I'd be willing to help rebuild Arkyoto since I never got a chance to build anything on the old server.

Looks like there's a new update for MC. Haven't downloaded it yet myself.

MC 1.3.1

+ Single-player now runs a server internally
+ Publish the single-player instance to LAN
+ Automatically detect LAN worlds in multi-player screen
+ Added “cheats” option in single-player (enables commands)
+ Added “bonus chest” option to give players a quicker start in a new world
+ Added adventure mode (work in progress)
+ Added trading with villagers
+ Added emeralds, emerald blocks and emerald ore
+ Added cocoa beans to jungles
+ Added the Ender Chest
+ Added tripwires
+ Added new creative mode inventory with search functionality
+ Made it possible to gain enchantment orbs from mining ore and smelting
+ Added writeable books
+ Added “large biomes” world type
+ Added temples to jungles and deserts
+ Added chat settings
+ Added option to turn off and view snooper data
+ Added more information on the debug screen (F3)
+ New launcher with “Play Demo” button if not premium user
+ Added /seed command to see map seed
+ Added /defaultgamemode to set default game mode in a world (affects new players)
+ Added /debug command for profiling
+ Added SRV record lookup support
* Decreased max enchantment level from 50 to 30
* The /tp command can now send players to a specific coordinate
* Mobs can spawn on flat surfaces (such as up-side-down stairs)
* Updated language files
* Mobs are much less likely to glitch through blocks
* Server list can be reordered
* Nearby items in the world will auto-stack
* Stars are smaller and brighter
* Sky color in The End has been changed
* The “pick block” functionality has been improved
* Certain items that previously wasn’t stackable can now be stacked
* Hill biomes are slightly taller
* Wooden log blocks can now be placed side-ways
* Wooden half-blocks now act as wood
* Water slowly drips through leaves during rain
* Minecarts and boats will be placed by dispensers, if possible
* Gravel texture has been modified
* Levers can be placed in the roof
* Creepers’ explosions damage is now modified by difficulty
* Performance improvements
* Other bug fixes…
- Removed Herobrine

Talents

Banned
Anyone else having a problem logging into servers and getting this error:
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

WARNING: DO NOT FUCKING UPGRADE TO 1.3!

0sJwe.jpg

Exuro

What is adventure mode? I jumped on but didn't see anything with it.

The creative mode inventory is soo much better now.

-Minsc-

I thought this was kinda cool. My branch mine viewed via rei's map.

branchmine2.png

branchmine1.png

I like how you can see the bedrock level of the mine going the opposite direction of the current level I'm mining.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I thought this was kinda cool. My branch mine viewed via rei's map.

branchmine2.png

branchmine1.png

I like how you can see the bedrock level of the mine going the opposite direction of the current level I'm mining.

Damn nice mine. You make a fellow dwarf very proud!!!

i would like to join arkcraft but dont know what I need to do.

Also, I'm playing on survival mode and have just started playing in the nether region. My question is what do you do once you've pretty much strip mined all of the glowstone near the spawning point? I'd like to create a new spawning area to begin exploiting more glowstone resources. However, I don't know the exact mechanics involved in how strategic placements of portals work. I have close to an entire large chest of glowstone blocks, not dust. I'd like to increase my amount if possible, but I don't feel like taking long hikes before finding any veins in the upper or lower areas of the nether. Please help.

-Minsc-

i would like to join arkcraft but dont know what I need to do.

Also, I'm playing on survival mode and have just started playing in the nether region. My question is what do you do once you've pretty much strip mined all of the glowstone near the spawning point? I'd like to create a new spawning area to begin exploiting more glowstone resources. However, I don't know the exact mechanics involved in how strategic placements of portals work. I have close to an entire large chest of glowstone blocks, not dust. I'd like to increase my amount if possible, but I don't feel like taking long hikes before finding any veins in the upper or lower areas of the nether. Please help.

Just a reminder.

How do I enter the Arkcraft server?

Quote the third post of the first page for the server address. Send a private message to Ark requesting to be whitelisted.

To be a bit more clear, the first page of this thread.

kaskade

Well the new update has a demo mode so I decided to try it but I'm getting some weird bug. The loading bar comes up and stops a bit before it's finished and says "Done Loading" but it's stuck there. I reinstalled java, deleted the data folder nothing seems to be working.

By the way, if you guys plan on rebuilding Arkyo, (Shin-Arkyo) here is some advice from my experience last server trying to build that place:

1. Find a mountainous forested region.
2. make small lots.
3. don't build 100 pagodas.
4. Don't waste any space.
5. No windows.
6. Think modest, and organic. Try to incorporate the terrain, rather than change it.

I think it's a dope idea.

Just a lil update on the new City me and Crazy are tinkering with. Firstly I have decided to scrap the name Future City. The name for the new city is now Neolantis which seems kinda appropriate. Anyway I have done a few quick renders (seriously bloody rendering this stuff takes way too long) :-

ZYv7Z.png

This is the rail station to Neolantis, you can catch the train from the Amusement park and it will bring you all the way here. The journey is quite long though (even by rail). The track is about 5,000 metres in length.

eDNtL.png

Neolantis in all her glory, approaching this vast city as you should (by boat).

NBA2p.png

I will be keeping the server continuously night time from now on because Neolantis looks pretty damn gorgeous at night

-Minsc-

Very awesome Charlie. What program are you using to render these?

That was my long answer, though I didn't know if it was against TOS or not.

I'm pleased to see that it was updated so quickly.

Well, that is what has been linked to on the minecraft forums when people were requesting/linking to minecraft.jar files. Posting the jar files isn't allowed over there but that seems to be.

Very awesome Charlie. What program are you using to render these?

There are several ways to get 3D renders from minecraft. However at the moment I am using a program called Chunky :-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/63913-chunky-minecraft-mapping-and-rendering-tool/

It's pretty easy to use but since it is in Java the renders tend to take a while. Each of those screenshots took about 10 minutes to render at 800 x 400. So you need the patience that I clearly don't have :p

MackVee

Neo Member
How long it took to build Neolantis?
Also, Creative mode or not?

Well I started it pretty much after I finished Dome City (completed 06/05/2012). So Neolantis has taken me about 3 months so far on and off (and it is nowhere near complete).

It was done in creative mode simply for expediency. The whole city rests inside a 300 block diameter crater if I had tried to do Neolantis in survival mode (like I did with Dome City) well lets just say I would still be on the first quarter of digging out the crater :p

Looks awesome, Charlie.

In my news, The Torch construction has begun. I'm filming it and I've finished most of the shell for the Torch itself, as well as for the arm connecting it to the mountainside. I'll post some pics in a bit, but it will be my new storage room and smelting station. I still have to do a lot of decorative work on the outside; build enough furnaces to cover all four walls (I've done one so far); get enough stone to replace the dirt used for the shell; build the ladder base; decide if I want a brewing station at the bottom; build all the double chests and signs to lock them; connect the Torch to the rest of the fortress with a new path and either courtyard or tower; and then host the official torch lighting ceremony.

Lots of work to do.

Hey dudes. Just popping in to say that a good friend of mine got her mansion design featured in a video for Planet Minecraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0apJP8ZA4U&feature=player_detailpage#t=155s

It's at 2:35, in case the timestamp doesn't work.

I should really try and get back into MC, I haven't touched it in a while.

EDIT: You know what? maybe I'll try getting back into it sometime this or next week. If it's ok, can someone PM the server info to me?

Hey dudes. Just popping in to say that a good friend of mine got her mansion design featured in a video for Planet Minecraft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0apJP8ZA4U&feature=player_detailpage#t=155s

It's at 2:35, in case the timestamp doesn't work.

I should really try and get back into MC, I haven't touched it in a while.

EDIT: You know what? maybe I'll try getting back into it sometime this or next week. If it's ok, can someone PM the server info to me?

Welcome back, Beef. :) Info is in the third post; just quote it for the IP.

Ark

Hm, I tried, and it won't let me connect. Is it because I updated everything?

If the patch came out very recently and you just updated, that would be why. The server takes a little while to update since it relies on safe, working builds of the updated mods for each patch.

Best thing to do would be to downgrade to the patch the server is running on, unless you feel like waiting :p

If the patch came out very recently and you just updated, that would be why. The server takes a little while to update since it relies on safe, working builds of the updated mods for each patch.

Best thing to do would be to downgrade to the patch the server is running on, unless you feel like waiting :p

Well I've been gone this long, I guess I don't mind waiting a bit longer.

I've been out of the game for a while, my internet degraded to the point i couldn't play anything online at all. It's fixed and slightly better than it's ever been. I might hop back on this weekend. Wonder if my castle project is still there :)

I've been out of the game for a while, my internet degraded to the point i couldn't play anything online at all. It's fixed and slightly better than it's ever been. I might hop back on this weekend. Wonder if my castle project is still there :)

Where on the server was it at? We might be able to tell you if it's still intact.

Ghizz

Hi, I have not played minecraft ever since the dragon-stuff patch, what has been added/changed since then? what are the most popular mods as well?

P.S.
thanks for helping if you helped :D

Re: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35664060#post35664060

After months of being on hold, I finally continued the Mineshaft build by starting the task of decorating it. First up is the carving of the pillars surrounding the area.

You might want to whack that through the 3D renderer called Chunky, I bet you will get some impressive scenes from it (seriously Chunky is dead easy to use and you get some gorgeous results).

Now onto the matter of the Neocraft map ........... (someone hand me a gun). Ok me and Minsc have been ping ponging ideas back and forth all day. He was able to get pigmap to work properly on his Mac whereas I couldn't get it working properly on the PC (damn discrimination if you ask me). Anyway I spend the past couple of hours tinkering around with pigmap and I FINALLY got a fully rendered map and it has been uploaded.

Now before you click on the link there are a couple of points to keep in mind. Firstly the map is now 180 degrees opposite to the Tectonicus Map, this is down to pigmap and there is nothing I can do about it. Secondly there is no "most visited" data on the map, it is just a basic isometric map of Neocraft I am afraid.

At the moment I am using the Sphax BD texture pack to create the blocks, but if anyone has any suggestions for a texture pack that would be better suited to the map then feel free to suggest alternatives.

Now without further ado I give you the Neocraft map :-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18837300/world/Neocraft-default.html

Let us know if you have any problems.

P.S Mengy you might want to give pigmap a go it managed to render this world and came in at about 1.5gbs. If you need info on how to set it all up I can pm you.

Top Bottom